Toyota Innova Crysta 162 24.62%
Hyundai Alcazar 10 1.52%
MG Hector Plus 23 3.50%
Other (please specify in your post) 15 2.28%
Voters: 658. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2024, 13:10   #166
BHPian

Petrol Automatic - XUV7OO AX7(L) vs Hycross VX(O)

Hi BHPians, We are facing a dilemma about our choice for our upgrade. We are looking for 4A + 2C with some luggage or 5A + 2C (no luggage). Our usage would be 80% highways and 20% city and don't expect the yearly run to cross 10000. We have been considering XUV7OO & Innova Hycross. We are considering AX7L and VX(O). We know that for our consumption - we won't need a hybrid - and would do with Hycross GX(O), but we are looking at VX(O) for sunroof (my son might feel a bit claustrophic). We are considering only petrol due to our low usage, predominantly highway only driving and sporadic usage (like not switching it on for 2 weeks, etc).

Our current ride is a Polo HL - 1.2 3-cyl, what the engine lacks for - the car makes up for in the corners. Even though my wife isn't planning to drive the new car, I would want her to at somepoint - so a car-like feeling is also something I am aligned towards.

With Innova Hycross - there is no other alternative in terms of space - considering that we are not tall, the sliding teams can be made best use of - and leave much space to the last row and it has even a pretty usable boot after 3 rows. However the resale of Hycross hybrid is not expected to fetch much as the battery warranty is only upto 8 years - and expected to trade / sell lower than the regular Innova. We also see that Toyota at anypoint is highly reliable and maintainable than the XUV7OO would be -

With XUV - it has just gone a bit more appealing after the price cut and comes loaded with features - properly sized tyres + ADAS, but has an impractical boot - not just roomy even though it is wider than Hycross. However there have been questions about the petrol engine's reliability - that it hasn't seen 15 years. There have also been concerns about the complex engineering of turbo petrol and its usability in cities.

Considering that XUV7OO is 5-star certified and not able to find an equivalent rating for Hycross is concerning despite the reliability of Toyota.

Considering the cost - it makes sense to opt for an XUV7OO and take a taxi if needs be - however wanted to hear suggestions from the community or from fellow bhpians who were in a similar state.

Thanks

Last edited by rdeivan : 5th August 2024 at 13:23. Reason: Add the safety aspects of both cars.

Most Viewed