Other (please specify in your post) 34 7.54%
Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:07   #61
BHPian

Re: Need an SUV/Crossover (20l range)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandharjc View Post
Just traded-in my 2014 Zest for an XZA Harrier. Fair warning - We were set on an MT until an extremely trustworthy source from the ASC informed us of a commonly occuring clutch burn issue in the Harrier - says it's better in the facelifted 2020 harrier, but the clutch still felt too hard during the TD.
If you check trade-in offers for January, I think TML also has an ongoing 40,000 exchange bonus - got a great price for my zest.
Would recommend TD'ing an AT Harrier - brilliant car. Found it much better than the options you mentioned, but again, subjective matter.
Good luck!
The harrier auto is definitely in the list, but the variant we can afford comfortably (XZA) is missing a few bits of kit that is important to us (auto dimming IRVM among them).
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:10   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitht87 View Post
I too will recommend astor turbo as it will meet all your requirements. I recently upgraded to Astor and the car is a great package. We also have an ecosport (1.5 NA petrol DCT) and for me Astor can be a good replacement to ecosport.
However not sure if astor and a small car can be a right replacemet for Ecosport and Duster AWD.
Basically after having the duster and ecosport combo since 2018, and with the pandmeic making working from home a reality, we realized that one car was practically unused in our home, and only came in use for errand runs and when the other car was out of town. Which is why we'll be happy with a small second hand car for now and upgrade it in the next 2-3 years (Used magnite/kiger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Mu suggestions:
- Creta/Alcazar - fits budget and nothing specifically wrong except DCT but since you have Skoda in list so its same AT.
- XUV 700 - Any variant in your budget. I find base petrol great value.
- New Scorpio - wait for it to launch
- Jeep Compass
- Hyundai Tucson Petrol. Drive a hard bargain on current model as new one about to launch.
I don't mind the XUV700 and the AX7 Petrol or Diesel fit in our budget, but isn't the waiting list like really long? We would need to get rid of our duster in the next 2-3 months tops.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th January 2022 at 15:52. Reason: Please edit or multi quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:33   #63
BHPian

Oh, makes sense. Even i noticed the absence of an auto dimming IRVM. Got it added as an accessory for 8.5k.
gandharjc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:54   #64

I'd definitely recommend you to pick up either of the VAG twins with DSG. I do believe that their engine and gearbox combo is an absolute delight to drive. It certainly is a step up from the other vehicles in the segment in terms of ride and handling. Nothing like it if you can wait for a few months before they fix the roof liner issues.

If you can't wait - Do have a look at Astor and Hector both. The amount of value for money those vehicles bring in is just maddening.
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:25   #65

I am on the same boat. I have a 2013 model Ecosport Titanium Diesel and am looking for a replacement in the 20 lakh range. After a lot of deliberations finally decided on the MG Astor 1.3 Turbo Sharp as I found it most value for money in this segment. Alas MG has not been able to meet the delivery commitments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hello everyone,

I just sold my ford ecosport, and are looking for a suitable replacement.

Old 3rd January 2022, 11:30   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram. View Post
I'd definitely recommend you to pick up either of the VAG twins with DSG. I do believe that their engine and gearbox combo is an absolute delight to drive. It certainly is a step up from the other vehicles in the segment in terms of ride and handling. Nothing like it if you can wait for a few months before they fix the roof liner issues.

If you can't wait - Do have a look at Astor and Hector both. The amount of value for money those vehicles bring in is just maddening.
I can wait a month or two. I haven't tried the astor, but I just did not enjoy driving my friends' hector diesel. The handling felt quite off and I just didn't like how it felt at higher speeds.

VAG twins are at the top of our list, and I found even the 1.0 manual to be a great drive. I just keep hearing rumors of both of them getting a variant rejig and would feel hard done by if I bought it now and see a variant with more features coming up in a month or so.

Last edited by sid3091 : 3rd January 2022 at 11:34.
Old 3rd January 2022, 16:37   #67
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

@sid3091 - I'm using a Hector DCT 2021 for past 6 months and been happy with it. I gone thru a similar phase in Oct 2020 when I was searching for a car for family outings. MG took 5 months to deliver my car (this was mainly due to my color preference of Starry Sky Blue).

(1) In my view, the ride quality (including but not limited to - driving in high speeds, over potholes, over rough roads etc.) is good. Only drawback is when we drive on back to back speed breakers (like 5-6 in a row) then we feel the car dancing due to it independent suspension in the rear. These kind of speed breakers are there on the Blr-Mlr Highway. We need to drive bit slow to avoid otherwise I didn't see any issue with the ride.
(2) Many critics have commented that there is body roll but we (and my famliy in the back seat) never felt that. It depends on how fast we try to drive on the curve.
(3) Main advantage the Hector brings in, is the interior space and road presence. I've my other car i20 so compared to it when I drive the Hector people give way or don't drive too close to the Hector.
(4) The NVH is almost negligible even at higher speeds on the highway. This gives me a luxury car feel and thereby we enjoy the Infinity music system better.
(5) Last but not least the price is affordable compared to Compass/Harrier & Kushaq/Taigun. Actually compared to the latter ones for similar price the Hector offers more features. Skoda, VW and MG are all on same level in terms of service centers, parts availability and features except that the Skoda/VW charge a premium for their new vehicles.
darthvader001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 00:04   #68

Quote:
VAG twins are at the top of our list, and I found even the 1.0 manual to be a great drive. I just keep hearing rumors of both of them getting a variant rejig and would feel hard done by if I bought it now and see a variant with more features coming up in a month or so.
I doubt they'll be launching new variants before Slavia and Virtus come in. Making Kushaq / Taigun any more lucrative will damage the business case those sedans are going to have in a market for SUVs. There's absolutely no way they're going to be priced any differently either.

They're certainly working on fixing the quality issues from what I hear though. That might happen before Slavia comes in.
Old 4th January 2022, 12:17   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram. View Post
I doubt they'll be launching new variants before Slavia and Virtus come in. Making Kushaq / Taigun any more lucrative will damage the business case those sedans are going to have in a market for SUVs. There's absolutely no way they're going to be priced any differently either.

They're certainly working on fixing the quality issues from what I hear though. That might happen before Slavia comes in.
Hmm. I don't seen many sedan buyers going towards crossovers, and vice versa.
Old 4th January 2022, 15:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I just sold my ford ecosport, and are looking for a suitable replacement.
I'd recommend taking a look at the Taigun or Kushaq if you're behind driving dynamics. Although I'm not one to judge the dynamics of these things, I can say from a close relative who owns one that it's a mechanically solid machine.

Here's the link to that discussion. (₹12-15 Lakh Budget | Need an automatic for daily usage)

Keep in mind, this relative also had similar requirements to you and was in the same quandary as you are. He went ahead and got a Taigun. About the variant rejig, it honestly won't matter because even if there is a change, there will be an increase in the price as well which will offset the additional features (if any).

If you're still not convinced about the Taigun, your best option is to go for a used Compass Diesel (there should be plenty in your budget).

EDIT: Just got reminded that if you could find a Tuscon in your budget, that would be a whole lot of car for the money.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 4th January 2022 at 15:29.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 16:56   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I'd recommend taking a look at the Taigun or Kushaq if you're behind driving dynamics. Although I'm not one to judge the dynamics of these things, I can say from a close relative who owns one that it's a mechanically solid machine.

Here's the link to that discussion. (₹12-15 Lakh Budget | Need an automatic for daily usage)

Keep in mind, this relative also had similar requirements to you and was in the same quandary as you are. He went ahead and got a Taigun. About the variant rejig, it honestly won't matter because even if there is a change, there will be an increase in the price as well which will offset the additional features (if any).

If you're still not convinced about the Taigun, your best option is to go for a used Compass Diesel (there should be plenty in your budget).

EDIT: Just got reminded that if you could find a Tuscon in your budget, that would be a whole lot of car for the money.
Thanks for the suggestions. A used compass diesel fits right in our budget, but the EMI is almost as high as the tenure and interest rate is not favourable.

We're looking into a Tucson, but my dad has said he will only greenlight it if we get the 4WD version.
Old 5th January 2022, 17:46   #72
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

Jeep Compass Longitude Diesel is the most VFM Diesel Manual.

Petrol Automatic will not serve your mileage needs.
Old 6th January 2022, 09:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Since I can't locate the edit option I'll just add them here:
If I were you my first choice would be to look at the VW/Skoda Twins with the 1.5L/DSG Combo.

The Jeep Compass is a good choice but I feel like it's a little too expensive but do test drive it once.
Old 6th January 2022, 10:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
If I were you my first choice would be to look at the VW/Skoda Twins with the 1.5L/DSG Combo.

The Jeep Compass is a good choice but I feel like it's a little too expensive but do test drive it once.
I was certain about VW/Skoda Twins till I test drove the compass 4x4. Even in the Limited O trim it felt really well equipped and i found it's partially digital Instrument cluster to be far more useful than the Taigun's so-called digital display. I just wish it were a lac or two cheaper
Old 6th January 2022, 11:27   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I was certain about VW/Skoda Twins till I test drove the compass 4x4. Even in the Limited O trim it felt really well equipped and i found it's partially digital Instrument cluster to be far more useful than the Taigun's so-called digital display. I just wish it were a lac or two cheaper
This is where I wish FCA would bring the Jeep Renegade to India, this is the cheapest SUV that Jeep sells and hence sits below the Compass in Jeep's international line-up.

The Renegade (if built in India and priced right) could be a perfect 2 car lineup for Jeep in India and could rob sales from VW/Skoda and the Koreans.

The Renegade could be the SUV that is practical like the Seltos/Creta and Taigun/Kushaq but can also go offroad like the Thar/Gurhka.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others-2019jeeprenegadetrailhawkactionshotside.jpg  

VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others-65eff3dd12793740b21570edc75185169fee5e52.jpeg  

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 6th January 2022 at 11:29.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks