Voters: 631. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2023, 18:27   #196
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Jeep Compass vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
paid the booking amount for sxo. But waiting for Seltos to unveil on the 4th. In my mind I know it will be 3 lakhs or so more expensive but I know it will also have way more features compared to current Creta.

So for me, it’s more about extending my budget from 19 lakhs to 22-23 lakhs OTR
How much was the Creta SX(O) IVT on the road in Kolkata, any sort of discounts you received? Here in Kerala, the road taxes are insanely high and the Creta SX(O) IVT comes to 21.5 lakhs without discounts on-road. I would love to know the price details and any offers you received.

Thanks!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 21:11   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
To add to this I also got a great offer for a Jeep Compass Sport DCT at 25 lakhs on-road as well.
This is surprising. I heard Jeep had stopped sales of petrol DCT because of BS6 phase 2 compliance and would only keep diesel in India.
Old 1st July 2023, 21:53   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
How much was the Creta SX(O) IVT on the road in Kolkata, any sort of discounts you received? Here in Kerala, the road taxes are insanely high and the Creta SX(O) IVT comes to 21.5 lakhs without discounts on-road. I would love to know the price details and any offers you received.
My friend booked Creta SX with Bharat number and costed him around 17.1 lakhs on road. For my SX(O), the quotation came to Rs 19.06 lakhs on Road. Rs 17k extra if I decide to go for the knight edition or the dual tone edition. In my case, this is taking into account the tax for 5 years.

The SA from this dealer is pretty awesome and straight off gave us the best rate from day 1. We went to almost all other dealers in Kolkata and his rate was the best. He has given this discount from the insurance amount charged by the dealer. Almost all the others had super high insurance amount. I verified that the insurance is zero dep and bumper to bumper insurance.

I think the road tax in Kolkata is in general low compared to other states? My friend stays in Bengaluru and this is the reason he got the car from here. Road taxes in Karnataka are pretty high. Luckily his company supports BH number option too.

My 9 year old grand i10 is getting me around 2.58 on cars24. So all in all, the amount I need to shell out will be around 16.5 Lakhs if I decide to go with Creta.

This is why I have mixed feelings about the New Seltos coming out haha. On one hand it makes me happy that I have the option of buying the latest version of a good car. On the other hand I am sure it will come somewhere around 22-23 lakhs easily.

Someone mentioned about the safety aspect earlier. I did think about the safety aspect a lot. To be honest, 3 star is average enough. The features matter a lot to me too as most of my driving is in city and I hardly visit the highways. I drive less but whenever I drive, I want to have a good experience. Or if I am chauffeur driven, I want to enjoy the ride on the backseat too.

I checked out Kushaq and Taigun and they appeared too small to me compared to Creta. Harrier was only available in diesel and was way over my budget. Didn't like XUV300 interiors at all. Also, once my family sat in Creta, we really loved the panoramic sun roof and the premium feel inside the car. It was instant love.

Now coming to safety rating. I have looked up pictures of Creta accidents and in so many of them the interior shell remained intact. Then there are some where the car is badly damaged. But the same stands true for Tata's Harrier too. I have seen pictures where the entire car is completely damaged. Even though the amount of Creta and Seltos that run on the road are way more.

I think it all depends on luck when it comes to accidents too. What matters is does the car have all possible safety features and this version of Creta does. All 4 disc breaks, 6 air bags etc, ESC, traction control etc.

Also, I am upgrading from a 2014 Grand i10 Asta. I don't even know what's the safety rating for that car given that it has 0 air bags. So from where I am coming, it's definitely an upgrade in terms of safety.

But I totally agree this is not an excuse for Hyundai and Kia to make sub par car shells in India even though they give tougher shells outside India. This is more of a settlement for me in terms of the ride quality I want. The government should make strict rules when it comes to safety and I see they are doing it slowly! Like when I bought the Grand i10, ABS was a luxury feature and so were air bags. But now Airbags, 3 point seat belts etc are a compulsory feature from base variant onwards.
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 04:33   #199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
This is surprising. I heard Jeep had stopped sales of petrol DCT because of BS6 phase 2 compliance and would only keep diesel in India.
This one is from the last lot Jeep sent to the dealership before discontinuation and normally the on-road price for the same in Kerala comes to around 28.25 lakhs (because of 4.85 lakhs road tax) but because it's discontinued they have put in a discount of around 3 lakhs, for the same which is quite tempting.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
Hi folks,

Need help

1. Prefer a safer car
2. Dont want to compromise on features either considering I'm spending 25L
3. 75% city, 25% highway drive
Any particular reason for not considering ZS EV. MG is offering 1.5L discount on it as well. It'll fit in your budget really well. I strongly recommend it since your major driving is in City. Else you can go with Hybrid twins. They are not exciting to drive like VW twins but do their work well. They also tick all your boxes. Hyryder preferred here.
New Seltos is a really good option. I am also considering it but I got previous Seltos at a good discount last month so might to finalize it. But I don't think it'll meet safety criteria.
If Kia improves its safety it'll be default choice for many but they won't unless forced.
I also bought Slavia for the lackluster experience at VW. And don't regret it one bit. Skoda service is leaps ahead of VW in my area.

Last edited by Clown Prince : 6th July 2023 at 12:02. Reason: Forgot to mention Seltos Safety.
Old 6th July 2023, 12:17   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince View Post
Any particular reason for not considering ZS EV. MG is offering 1.5L discount on it as well.
I was strong proponent of EV for a while. But there are few caveats as of now in India.
  • No wide enough charging infra. Even I come across a charging station, there could be 1 or 2 charging setups. If one doesnt work, I'd have to wait till other one finishes charging.
  • No fast charging infra. In developed countries it's 100kW DC fast charging.
  • No parking discipline. I've seen places which are dedicated for electric car, as the charger is near by and yet ICE cars are parked on it. This happens in my apartment as well.
  • I travel to my hometown frequently ~450km one way. There is 1-2 charging stations from Tata Power but I need to take a detour to get it charged. Also, Point #2. I can charge at couple of hotels on the way where I know there is charging setup, but Point #3.
  • Resale values drops as the battery capacity drops as charging cycle increases beyond certain limit. I'm not sure of the terms of car battery warranty replacement.
  • See multiple options coming soon in next 5-10 years - better hybrid options, flex fuel engines, fully ethanol engines, hydrogen powered, hydrogen powering to current NA/turbo engines, electric cars running on sodium ion batteries or Li clubbed with another ion to improve better capacity. So, it is a bit early to take a bet.

With all this, I think, I will stick to latest compliant Petrol engine for next 5-10 years and then move to engine that has proven to be most reliable / cost effective.

New Seltos has put me in a conundrum. Segment leading features but poor safety. On the other hand, VW twins 5 star safety (even on Latin NCAP) but average on features.
Old 6th July 2023, 23:58   #202
BHPian

SUV to replace my Honda City

My Honda City turns 6 this year, time flies and so does the VTEC motor. Garage right now stands 2017 Innova Touring sport diesel MT, 2017 City petrol MT, 2019 i20 CVT. Have already listed Innova, as the 10 year ban is looming on it. So yeah will be keeping the City but changing it's role.

My daily commute is 80km, on the high speed GGN-FBD highway averaging 60-80KMPH, it's no less than a track and the City shines on it. But the craters in Delhi NCR streets haunt it. So the need arises for a SUV, not a want.
Requirement is a petrol manual strictly, features are secondary, then safety and at last mileage and not bigger than 4.5m.
Budget would be approx 17L, but can extend a bit.

Contenders: (comparing all to the City)

Creta/Seltos- have driven brothers i20 CVT, and there's no feel in the steering wheel, but the suspension gives Innova a run for it's money.

Kushaq - took test drive and the 3 pot unit is not rev happy plus the interior quality felt a let down.

Elevate - does it make sense to buy another City, albeit a jacked up one.

Grand Vitara - interior felt like a spruced up version from baleno, but steering feel and rev happy motor is the closest.

Not considered - Tata(diesel only), Mahindra(no compact SUV), MG.

TLDR: Please help me select a SUV that handles like a sedan.
Old 7th July 2023, 06:29   #203
BHPian

Re: SUV to replace my Honda City

Hi @Blackwing, hope you are doing good.

Upgrading from a sedan to a SUV/CSUV is a tough decision, and sometimes, you will feel the itch for a sedan. Therefore, choosing the right SUV is wise.

Considering that you have been using a city for the past 5-6 years, you would want a car with good handling and driving dynamics. Considering that you already have a Crysta in your stable, I would suggest you to go for something like the Venue N-Line.

You don't need a big SUV, as the Crysta will take car of that need. You will get all requirements filled, along with that sheer driving pleasure and acceleration. Its handling is like a sedan. Its suspension is good for city and highway cruising, and can haul about 300 liters of load.

If you are looking for something more exciting, would suggest you to go for the Jimny. It has a great suspension, but will miss on the driving feel and does not handle like a sedan.

Hope this helps you.
mgastor2022grey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 07:32   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
Venue N-Line.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I did like it's exhaust roar but Venue N-Line is not available in manual, only DCT version is on sale.

And I have already listed Innova at TeamBHP classifieds,
So I do need a Compact SUV in the stable.
https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...a/Innova.html/
Old 7th July 2023, 08:03   #205
BHPian

Instead of looking for a CSUV that drives like a sedan why not look at the sedan with. CSUV ground clearance? Do take the VAG twins- slavia and virtus for a TD on these crater filled roads. They have 180mm GC.

Also, do take a look at the Harrier as well.
GreyNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:13   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
And I have already listed Innova at TeamBHP classifieds,
So I do need a Compact SUV in the stable.
Any particular reason to sell the Crysta? The car looks pristine, and only a little above 30000 kms, means that it is almost brand new. You also have the captain seats variant, meaning that it is comfortable.. Why sell it so soon? Just like @GreyNomad stated, go for a sedan and follow your heart.. YOLO!
mgastor2022grey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 20:33   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
Any particular reason to sell the Crysta?
10 year ban in Delhi NCR, really eats up on the resale value.
Old 19th July 2023, 19:10   #208
BHPian

Which 16 Lac Car - Another Sedan or SUV ?

Hello BHPians - I am looking for advise on buying our second car in Aug/Sep.

The budget is a constraint on Ex- Showroom price with very limited flexibility (50K ~ 70K), since it will be a purchase via company lease. Myself & Missus , both were certain for XUV700 AX5 AT 7S , however a change in the company car lease policy of no differential payment has brought us back to square one [Earlier an individual can pay the differential amount by self if the car is above the allocated corporate budget ]

So, this has resulted to re-evaluate our decision and the price band has lot of options but nothing convincing as much as XUV700.

Current Garage : 2019 Honda Civic CVT .

Second Car Use Case :
- Should be a petrol only due to 10 year NCR Rule / NGT GRAP Action plan banning diesel vehicles anytime etc.
- It would be a replacement of our S-Cross which we sold after 175K of niggle free ownership.
- Missus would be mostly driving for her office commute [Automatic is preferred & convenient]
- Road Trips that we intend to take with our new born - sufficient space to tuck in Baby Car Seat / Stroller / Luggages etc.

Cars considered :

- Hyundai Verna : We took a test drive of the Turbo DCT variant - as much as the engine performance and feature list impressed us , somehow we felt the interiors are not premium and seating wasn't comfortable as much as it has been in our Civic.

- Hyundai Alcazar Prestige MT : This has been a strong contender in our options right now, ticking almost all the boxes . And the last row can serve as an additional space in need . The only downside is that it is a proper Manual.

- Skoda Kushaq/Slavia 1.5 DSG : Though the Ex-S/R is out of our allocated budget but with the discounts offered and dealer readiness to show additional discount on invoice [ and settle balance payment in other ways]
this made to our list.

- Honda Elevate : Being an existing Honda owner and close association with Honda in past ; we have positive bias for the Brand. Honda's reliability and our experience makes it a strong contender and we are looking forward to see it in metal before making the final call.

- Kia Seltos'23 : During all the above confusion, Kia unveiled the upcoming facelift for Seltos which also ticks most of our criteria. Considering the pricing of current Seltos & Creta in mind , we expect the pricing of 1.5 HTX IVT & 1.5T HTX+iMT to be between 16 ~ 17 Lacs. Just to be ahead in the queue we have Pre-booked Seltos HTX+ iMT . We are not sure how would be the experience with iMT , looking forward for the Test Drive once they are open.

Other Potential Cars - Not considered
- Creta : Facelift launch planned in Jan'24 and insane waiting periods thereafter.
- Harrier/ Safari Due - Currently Diesel only and impending Facelift with turbo petrol will most likely be out of our budget
- Grand Vitara/ HyRyder / Carens - Already have one in extended family

Thanks for reading until here - Looking forward for your expert advise / opinions on our dilemma.
Motorhead23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 19:21   #209
BANNED

Re: Which 16 Lac Car - Another Sedan or SUV ?

Keeping your budget in mind, I would suggest going for the Elevate, it will be a no-nonsense practical car with all the necessities and nothing more. You could also consider the Kushaq/Taigun but they aren't as reliable as the Honda. The Seltos pre-facelift is going for huge discounts and the HTX IVT at hardly 18 lakhs on-road with almost 2 lakh discount is a great deal, if not the facelift would also be a good choice.

The MG Astor could also be considered but it isn't a popular choice owing to its not-so-frugal engines. Considering you have an excellent sedan in your garage, a crossover/SUV would be the best option.

Last edited by bijims : 19th July 2023 at 19:25.
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 19:28   #210
BHPian

Re: Which 16 Lac Car - Another Sedan or SUV ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
Current Garage : 2019 Honda Civic CVT .
Second Car Use Case :
- Should be a petrol only due to 10 year NCR Rule / NGT GRAP Action plan banning diesel vehicles anytime etc.
- It would be a replacement of our S-Cross which we sold after 175K of niggle free ownership.
- Missus would be mostly driving for her office commute [Automatic is preferred & convenient]
- Road Trips that we intend to take with our new born - sufficient space to tuck in Baby Car Seat / Stroller / Luggages etc.
How about the Jimny AT?
1. Petrol only, within your price range, and waiting period may not be insane
2. Nice change from your Civic, and provides complementary strengths.
3. You seem to be a happy Maruti customer
4. Compact dimensions and high seating position may be a boon for the Missus
5. Might not be an awesome road trip car, but hey- it gives you the choice. Where the Civic will not make it, the Jimny will
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks