Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one for a family of 4?
Creta's top variant 159 74.30%
Alcazar's lower variant 55 25.70%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 12:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar vs Creta

Hey everyone! Even I am confused a lot. I too booked the Creta sxo but I somehow feel alcazar is like an updated version of Creta.

The difference in top model of Creta and alcazar is coming to 3 lakhs exactly.

Pros:
1. Dct + turbo engine
2. Bigger space at the back with tumble seats. My dog can easily go to he back and have ample space. If need be, can use last row for people too.
3. Better instrument cluster, ambient lights, front parking sensors, 360 degree camera

Cons:
1. Longer than Creta. I drive a grandi10 right now so very easy to park in the city.
2. 3 lakhs more expensive. Is it worth it?
3. The sales figure of Alcazar is at the lower end. Obviously cause of the base price I am assuming.

I don’t know how useful the 360 camera will be as my current car doesn’t even have a camera �� I use the mirrors and the back sensor to park mostly and am used to it. Am sure the front parking sensor will be very useful!!

Any one else here who is facing/faced the same dilemma recently? What did you do? How did you decide?
Old 12th June 2023, 13:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Hey everyone! Even I am confused a lot. I too booked the Creta sxo but I somehow feel alcazar is like an updated version of Creta.
I would suggest you to go with Alcazar. Since you already have a dog, the third row will be quite useful to you.

As it comes with the new 1.5 turbo engine, there is no compromise on the power side.
I feel the price difference is justified and it definitely looks like a bigger car, though many mistakenly call it Creta but I prefer calling it Creta LWB

Take a test drive of the car and you will be able to decide easily. Though the car is 4.5mm long but still city drivability is quite easy.
Don’t be concerned with sales figure, most of the parts used are same as Creta’s and I feel the main reason of less sales is high pricing. If you see Carens, it’s selling in good numbers mainly due to lesser starting price for same engine combination.
Old 13th June 2023, 06:56   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
I don’t know how useful the 360 camera will be as my current car doesn’t even have a camera �� I use the mirrors and the back sensor to park mostly and am used to it. Am sure the front parking sensor will be very useful!!

Any one else here who is facing/faced the same dilemma recently? What did you do? How did you decide?
The price difference of 3 lakhs is when comparing the Creta 1.5 IVT with the Alcazar 1.5 DCT, had the Creta had the same engine-gearbox combo as the Alcazar the price difference would be hardly 2 lakhs, so considering the added advantages of the Alcazar, like 7-seater, slightly more ground clearance, bigger wheels, 360 degree camera, tilt and telescopic steering adjustment, LED fog lights, a better instrument cluster etc., the car feels worth the price, moreover it has the SUV like looks unlike the MUV silhouette of the Carens, and waiting periods for the Alcazar are among the least among 7-seaters too, so it's definitely the best choice for you for your needs.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks