Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one for a family of 4?
Creta's top variant 159 74.30%
Alcazar's lower variant 55 25.70%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 12:04   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Alcazar vs Creta

For a family of 4, the Creta's top variant is undeniably the better choice. You will enjoy the additional features every time you drive the car, versus the 3rd-row seat maybe twice a year. There's no point in the last seat row if you are hardly ever going to use it, and it's not like they are that spacious either.

Give me the ventilated seats, superior sound system and more airbags over a kiddie seat any day .

Adding a poll to spice things up.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 12:24   #17
Team-BHP Support

I would add one more point. If you are buying the diesel variant, it’ll be nicer to use it in the Creta over the Alcazar with its smaller body and lower weight.

Personally, on the above grounds, Creta for sure. I would even struggle between the Creta top end and Alcazar top end if I didn’t have a strong enough case for the third row. One would be tempted to choose the size advantage of the Creta and save a few lakh or spend a few more and buy the Safari if you really want to jump to a bigger more comfortable 3 row vehicle. The second row of the Safari even in bench format just looks incredibly comfortable. The Diesel engine is more powerful.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 02:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
For a family of 4, the Creta's top variant is undeniably the better choice. You will enjoy the additional features every time you drive the car, versus the 3rd-row seat maybe twice a year. There's no point in the last seat row if you are hardly ever going to use it, and it's not like they are that spacious either.

Give me the ventilated seats, superior sound system and more airbags over a kiddie seat any day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I would add one more point. If you are buying the diesel variant, it’ll be nicer to use it in the Creta over the Alcazar with its smaller body and lower weight.

Personally, on the above grounds, Creta for sure. I would even struggle between the Creta top end and Alcazar top end if I didn’t have a strong enough case for the third row. One would be tempted to choose the size advantage of the Creta and save a few lakh or spend a few more and buy the Safari if you really want to jump to a bigger more comfortable 3 row vehicle. The second row of the Safari even in bench format just looks incredibly comfortable. The Diesel engine is more powerful.
Thanks GTO for your opinion and I completely agree that Creta would be a better choice but it's been nearly 5 months since I we booked Creta and till now my SA isn't able to answer when the car will be delivered and when I contact other showrooms all of them quote waiting period of minimum 3-4 months which is very frustrating.
I went twice with my family to checkout Alcazar.
Reasons we are considering Alcazar :
1) Looks a lot better than Creta
2) Faster delivery
3) Extra space for luggage
4) Though many users have pointed out that 1.5L Diesel engine might not be enough for 6/7 str on hill stations but as we are only gonna use it for 4 Str purpose it doesn't seem much of a issue.
5) Length is just marginally more than Creta and it would quite drivable in city.

Concern regarding Alcazar :
1) 1.5L diesel does seem pretty underpowered and there is no test drive vehicle for diesel too.
Old 22nd June 2021, 11:40   #19
BHPian

1.Alcazar is only 200 mm longer than creta, so imagine the comfort of alcazar in last row , extra space is good only for short hauls.

2. Hyundai's 1.5 L Diesel does the duty in I20, sonet(detuned), creta and now in alcazar (why this laziness Hyundai), that diesel is going to feel the additional weight and real world FE will be 4-6 kmpl less than creta. You are going to compromise FE for absolutely nothing.

3.As far as features are concerned, Ventilated seats is something that will definitely make you and your family happy. 6air bags vs 2 any day. Speakers, 360 cam can always be added after market.

4. SX(O) of creta is as premium and comfortable, from the pictures of alcazar there's nothing much you'll miss in Creta.

5. If you want more car, then you can think about Sonet diesel AT, and with the extra cash you buy another hatch, so 8 people can travel leisurely than being cramped in alcazar.

Alcazar is more of a creta patch up job than a proper mpv.
For family of 4- Creta.
Family of 6- Competition offer better value.
tiagoatrix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 11:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Please suggest what according to you would be a better pick.
Between the two my vote would be for the top variant of the Creta. As you said you don't have a requirement for 7 seats to be used regularly, so why compromise on interior features. The comfort equipment will be used be used more regularly than the extra seats and will improve the experience for daily usage rather than the occasional convenience. Plus since the cars are mechanically identical, the added safety equipment is a significant bonus.

If you're considering the 6 seater as well then the Alcazar might be a better option since the middle row chairs will be more comfortable than a rear bench on the Creta.

Personally we always opt for the highest variant in the cars we consider since that future-proofs the car and doesn't make you feel shortchanged. I think it also helps you keep the car for longer (atleast for a full generation cycle) since the updated versions usually don't add must-upgrade features for the highest variant.
Old 22nd June 2021, 11:51   #21
BHPian

Name:  Safari vs Alcazar.PNG
Views: 4471
Size:  39.4 KB

Many prospective consumers who are looking for a 6-7 seater SUV/MUV are confused between Hyundai's Alcazar and Tata's Safari. I have taken certain key features that should matter to consumers such as safety, power, and size. This is known as Weighted Average Price Positioning where we compare similar products and attribute values in numbers to features that are missing on one product and present on the other. One can add more features if she/he desires to do so or even change the values that are currently attributed to these differences. For example, I have attributed a value of 200,000 INR to the engine in the Tata Safari which produces a good 168 BHP and 350 NM of torque compared to the Hyundai Alcazar's 113 BHP and 250 NM of torque. Also another 100,000 INR to the bigger size of the Safari. You can make changes to these and check them out yourself. I have chosen the top end diesel Alcazar and the top end Safari which anyways comes only in diesel for this comparison
https://lnkd.in/gp3AYzW
niranjanprabhu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

What most people are not mentioning about the Creta is the 1.4 L turbo charged petrol actually delivers a good 50 NM of torque more than the 2 liter NA engine from the Elantra/Tucson that finds its way in the Alcazar. Other than that the Alcazar gets a 6 speed TQ (for both petrol and diesel) which though a reliable unit, is nowhere as exciting as the 7 speed DCT on the Creta. With the top end Alcazar coming with the same 215 mm wide tyres as the Creta but in a 18" rim (Creta gets 17"), the ride will be more hard given the lower aspect ratio.

Coming to the Alcazar diesel, they missed an opportunity to plonk in the more powerful Tucson diesel and make a point. The Hyundai Alcazar is supposed to be almost 1.5 tons in weight (The Creta is around 1.4 T). The power per ton comes to a measly 75 BHP per ton. Caveat Emptor!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th July 2021 at 14:28. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:58   #23
BHPian

If freshness and looks are important, please go for Alcazar. The exteriors do look stunning and it is bound to turn heads.

For everything else, Creta is a better option (since you mentioned last row will be rarely used)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th July 2021 at 14:28. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would go with 6 seater Alcazar! Having an option of a 3rd row is a huge advantage - I believe the seats can be removed to create more space for luggage. More appealing looks (+ mature rear) is a bonus! Either one, you wont go wrong.
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:31   #25
BHPian

Checkout with the Alcazar. If it has a lesser waiting period than Creta, you can switch over your booking for an Alcazar. If you are firm in a 5 seater, why don't you consider other choices like Nissan Magnite or Renault Keiger or Xuv300? All the above cars are definitely a safer option than Creta.
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:54   #26
BHPian

Voted for Creta's top variant.

Creta top end variant is a much better choice for a family of 4. I would go with Creta over Alcazar irrespective of waiting time. The additional features - ventilated seats, BOSE sound system and 6 airbags add more value to the ownership experience than a 3rd row seat which you would hardly use as a family of 4.
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:23   #27
BHPian

Your dilemma is classic case of buyer wanting more car for same money. One of the reasons sub 4m so called sedans sell so much in India.

Are you buying more real estate and less features or buying less real estate but with more features? Go for Creta if features more important.

I have had an opportunity to test Bose sound system and its sub par. So dont take that into consideration.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 18:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Attachment 2169568
For example, I have attributed a value of 200,000 INR to the engine in the Tata Safari which produces a good 168 BHP and 350 NM of torque compared to the Hyundai Alcazar's 113 BHP and 250 NM of torque. Also another 100,000 INR to the bigger size of the Safari. You can make changes to these and check them out yourself. I have chosen the top end diesel Alcazar and the top end Safari which anyways comes only in diesel for this comparison
https://lnkd.in/gp3AYzW
+1
I also think Safari would be sturdier than Alcazar. Haven't seen Alcazar but Safari's third row seats are among the best in class. I was wondering why it is not in competition.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 22nd June 2021 at 18:50.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:48   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
What most people are not mentioning about the Creta is the 1.4 L turbo charged petrol actually delivers a good 50 NM of torque more than the 2 liter NA engine from the Elantra/Tucson that finds its way in the Alcazar. Other than that the Alcazar gets a 6 speed TQ (for both petrol and diesel) which though a reliable unit, is nowhere as exciting as the 7 speed DCT on the Creta. With the top end Alcazar coming with the same 215 mm wide tyres as the Creta but in a 18" rim (Creta gets 17"), the ride will be more hard given the lower aspect ratio.
Coming to the Alcazar diesel, they missed an opportunity to plonk in the more powerful Tucson diesel and make a point. The Hyundai Alcazar is supposed to be almost 1.5 tons in weight (The Creta is around 1.4 T). The power per ton comes to a measly 75 BHP per ton. Caveat Emptor!
1.) The 2.0 should have better torque spread and hence better power delivery characteristics leading to a higher FE at load.

2.) The DCT will be the source of chronic headaches for owners 4 years down the line (going by the multiple issues already out in the open)

3.) The Creta is about 1.2 Ton. So the Alcazar should be closer to 1.3 Ton. The power to weight ratio, though lesser, would still be adequate on the diesel (the diesel Creta was not fun to drive to begin with). The added practicality of the Alcazar ought to compensate for the small difference between the two cars.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 14:04   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your new Alcazar!

Now at least you are relieved of all dilemma .

Checked out Alcazar 6 seater along with my wife and we are impressed. But, we would have preferred empty space between the middle captain seats instead of a mounted handrest, like in XL6. That would have allowed kids to move to the back seat easily.

We are also concerned on the way the tumble seats land. There is a hook on the floor which fastens the seat on pushing the seat back to its position. We need to make sure that the person is not keeping the foot on this hook after getting into the 3rd row seat. Otherwise, the seats land on the foot and can cause injury. Especially with kids, this is a very likely scenario.

I hope you have noticed it and also anticipated the event.

Do keep this thread active and update it with your initial ownership experiences.

We are in search of 6/7 seater and should be booked in next 2 months.

Right now, my heart is vouching for Alcazar, XUV700. But my brain is suggesting XL6, Marazzo.

For my family of 4+2, 5 seater is not ideal (at least for now). As I'm already driving automatic (Jazz), there is no intention of going back to Manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks