Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2024, 18:09   #91

Advice on buying a used XUV500 W11 2018 (3rd Gen), 40k ODO

Hi all,

First post ever, so it’s also surreal and happy feeling seeking advice from best experts in the Indian car scene.

I seek advice as I don't live in India but my mother does, and I visit her occasionally, driving a Hyundai Eon hatchback I've owned for over 10 years.

I've always wanted to own an SUV, but my mother doesn't drive and spends half the year in another home, leaving my hatchback parked for six months. I'm unsure if I should buy a new car since I won't be driving it much, but I have the opportunity to purchase my friend's well-maintained XUV500 Diesel 2018 W11 (TopEnd) for 12 lakhs, 40k kms on the ODO with a city mileage of 9-10kms; and highway 14kms per ltr and annual maintenance cost of 10-15K. He’s kept it in great condition, and I trust his ownership; I wouldn’t consider used cars otherwise.

I don’t know much about the Indian car market but this would be an emotional purchase solely to own a SUV when I visit home. I plan to drive this for another 5-8 years atleast. However,

1. I'm concerned about buying a diesel car given the 10 year ban in some states. This car is KA registered and will be in Bangalore.

2. The price and mileage- is it a good car for price, model year, and kms driven?

3. The overall quality of XUV500 long term including Mahindra reliability? My mother is old and I don’t want her moving pillar to post for repairs. Need a hassle free ownership which my Hyundai Eon has given me.

4. Any important PDI checkpoints do I need to do before buying this vehicle?
atjazz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks