Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 13:32   #166
BHPian

Re: Which MUV/SUV in 10 to 12 Lacs Range?

You could consider (if you the budget of 12 could be pushed upwards and willing to consider Skoda) the Yeti 4x2, in Mumbai, was offered the silver or black one, for a mouth watering discount, maybe you could push for more, as OTR was working out to 15 something here.

If you find this too compact, then your best best would be the XUV 500, either the W4 or the W6. good luck with your choice
Old 24th January 2014, 14:08   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I have a Polo TDi and I am very happy with car.
I want something which is refined and it has to be Diesel.
My Wifes cousin had a crash in a ZXI Ertiga
So FE is also one of my concern but not the primary one.
So this will not be my only ride but the one mostly driven.
Yeti comes to my mind especially when you upgrade from the Polo. Agree that you'll have to stretch your budget.

VAG ownership - tick
Refined - tick
Solid and safe - tick
FE - tick
Driveability - tick

Otherwise, if not the Duster twins, why not the Ecosport but for the waiting period?
Old 24th January 2014, 15:18   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want something which is refined and it has to be Diesel. And I drive more that 200 KMs daily. So FE is also one of my concern but not the primary one. I may or may not keep the Polo for long.

Please help
The yeti seems to be tailormade for you (and I can't say that for many people) and hands down the best of all the cars mentioned in this thread. However, if you are apprehensive about owning a Skoda, look at the XUV500 instead. Seems to tick all of your boxes really. It's a good looking car that would constitute an upgrade, is diesel and is well up to your needs. The Aria is a good product let down by Tata on multiple fronts, so I wouldn't go for it and the Innova you've ruled out already!

The facelifted Duster should be here sometime soon too, perhaps it's worth a dekko!
Old 24th January 2014, 15:36   #169
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to all Fellow Members for not quoting them and answering personally as I am driving and typing but What about Aria If I Own a TATA service Station or someone in my family does.
I have a very close relative who Owns a Authorized Service Station in chandigarh.

And personally I would have picked the Yeti if Skoda wasn't in the picture. And my next door neighbor is have a horror time with his Yeti. Poor soul.
Old 27th January 2014, 15:10   #170
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Innova vs Others

I am Finalizing on the Duster Today or tomorrow.

Had gone with my brother In Law and he was not Impressed with all the Aria one bit and the storme wad not go enough.

Will be going for the 85 BHP RxL
Old 27th January 2014, 16:42   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Had gone with my brother In Law and he was not Impressed with all the Aria one bit and the storme wad not go enough.

Manik,

could you pls elaborate on what you found bad on the Storme? I am evaluating SUVs for my sis-in law and Storme VX is on the shortlist (along with XUV and Terrano). your thoughts would help

Thanks!
Old 1st February 2014, 01:17   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Any car is likely to cross another some time, either due to falling in same segment, blurring of segment lines or cross-shopping.
That's true - especially with Toyota's line-up among the international dealers.

We started off thinking about the FJ Cruiser, considered the Fortuner but decided against it owing to the 2-month-long waiting period, and finally chose the Toyota LandCruiser Prado. There's a price overlap between the top end and base variants between the models, though almost no one buys the base variants.
Old 11th February 2014, 14:08   #173
BHPian

Quote:
========
So, have you booked it? or are you looking at Xenon also?
Old 13th February 2014, 12:08   #174
BHPian

Hi i had recently seen Renault, display a racing blue Duster, at the Phoenix mills mall in Mumbai, the color looked good, there should be some good discounts being offered on the outgoing Duster,if a new tweaked-face-lifted duster is due. I'am unsure if the new one is out anytime now or in the later part of the year?

Also, have heard from the Mahindra dealers, that an XUV 500, with a Auto gear box is to be launched in this quarter.
Old 17th February 2014, 17:27   #175
BHPian

Guys took test drive (quite long) on Duster RXL 85 & 110 PS and then XUV on the same day. out of the two duster I prefer 110 PS
All those so many reviews and comparatives have already been read by me and not just once so that I could draw my own conclusions. But at the end of the day the dilemma got deeper.
What I concluded from so many comparatives I would enlist as
1. Performance and drive is same with both
2. Spacious cabin (I am not counting 2 extra kid seats of XUV as of now) is that of XUV.
3. Better seat comfort and support (also seating position) is in XUV
4. Suspension is better in "Renolt" :P
5. There is a very little controlled roll on the XUV but that's coz of the higher seating position i believe.
5. Although bigger size of XUV doesn't bother me much but just mentioned as many places by people for city driving.
6. BOTH ARE EQUALLY RELIABLE MACHINES (mechanically)
(Now Mahindra has also refined the vehicle resolving electronic issues and moreover reducing the electronics in W4 variant)
Also looking at the vehicle inside-outside I still prefer XUV because of it's stance, appeal and inside is still better than duster though color is a negative.
Though it doesn't matter to me again mileage is better in duster 110 with almost 4kmpl.

My query is that now XUV is stripped off and even with some very basic features (i.e. EPS and USB input for music system and the MID display) is completely gone which I felt are really a turn off whereas all these are available in duster 110 PS at the same price point. PLS tell me (with all the reduced feature and current comparative standing) is XUV a better buy over duster.
Well it's just while writing this post I realized than I might be missing XUV if I see one sitting inside a duster BUT i want to make a smart decision rather than a sentimental one.
So fellas please help me in deciding (need to make decision very soon).
Thanks!

Last edited by Honda Monk : 17th February 2014 at 17:30.
Old 17th February 2014, 18:28   #176
BHPian

^^^
Disclaimer: This post is purely my personal opinion and nothing else.

Ok. Personally, I never liked this particular segment which is a compromise between a "Hatch" and "7-seater SUV or Soft roader or rough roader or what ever its called". This segment is a sub-4 Metre, 5-seater wannabe SUV. I would either buy a Sedan or an SUV but not in-between. But that's only me. There is this segment and initial numbers say it's quite successful segment.

W4 should never be compared with this segment. It's like comparing Apples to Oranges. Likewise, someone will start comparing Pulse/Verito Vibe with Duster !!

There are so many differences - Max Torque @ xxx rpm, Power, 5 vs 6 Speed gear box, oodles of space in XUV 2nd row, 3rd row though it's called Kids' row, etc etc

The dilemma that you face is in every segment overlap - "B+" vs entry-level "C", C+ vs entry-level D so on and so forth
TheIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 01:10   #177
BHPian

Thanks for these discussions. I am upgrading myself from a 2010 xylo e8 to a xuv w8. Reading all these positives on xuv, hopefully mine will be an exciting ownership.
sk7671 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 07:49   #178
BHPian

Greetings of the day!

1. Currently considering an upgrade to a real 7/8 seater from Wagon R.

2. Innova with both airbags is way beyond my budget.

3. Zeroed in on the Xylo.A friend owns E9 (mHawk engine).We have travelled on board this vehicle for long trips from Bangalore. Xylo is within budget,real value-for-money,really spacious, superb seats, awesome engine.

4. However, somehow, we found the journeys on board the Xylo to be invariably much more tiring than the ones we did in our 2009 Wagon R on same and/or similar roads/distances.The ride quality does seem to be average with the passengers thoroughly shaken up every time it passes over a pothole or an undulation.Braking too is a problematic area with the rear passengers tending to fly off to the front.The body roll of the vehicle seems to be coming into play too often and even on straight roads, it felt unsettled and I started feeling nauseous, so did my daughter.(Never a problem on board my Wagon R in similar circumstances!)

5. Apart from driving my friend's Xylo E9, we also took 02 test drives of Xylo H8/H9 at 02 different dealerships in Bangalore. During the first TD, the vehicle was in a bad shape with myself feeling nauseous fairly quickly.The second TD went slightly better.

6. Though there is no tearing hurry for my car-upgradation, I need a varied perspective on the Xylo.Are the problems I am feeling, temporary/insignificant, and should I learn to live with them in Xylo? Or should I wait for Xylo refresh, likely in 2015/2016? Is the ride quality likey to be sorted out then?

7. @sk7671, how has been your experience with the 2010 Xylo E8 with regard to above mentioned points?

8. Owners/first hand experince holders like @ mooza,v12, RajeshK, rajeshsundaram, gautham.mg, pcpranav and others are requested to guide as well.

Regards!
Old 17th March 2014, 09:27   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkar1710 View Post
Greetings of the day!

1. Currently considering an upgrade to a real 7/8 seater from Wagon R.

8. Owners/first hand experince holders like @ mooza,v12, RajeshK, rajeshsundaram, gautham.mg, pcpranav and others are requested to guide as well.

Regards!
Since you can afford a Xylo H9, why dont you buy a XUV W4 or better stretch a little and pick the XUV W6?

Yes, you need a "real" 7 seater and the XUV is not one. Nor is the Innova or the Aria. The last row in all the 3 vehicles are cramped and meant for kids.

The only MUV with a proper last row is the Xylo and I would term that as a "real" 7 seater.

So, you have two options here -
  • Go for the Xylo and live with the bumpy ride as mentioned
  • Pick the XUV and live with the cramped 3rd row
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 13:26   #180
Senior - BHPian

My BIL is looking for an upgrade from SX4 to something else. His budget is 16 lacs.
He would prefer an SUV, though family size is just 3.
The requirements are:
1. Within 16 lacs
2. Safety features (at least 2 airbags and ABS)
3. Reliable vehicle which can run 40000 KM a year and still not complain. SX4 has completed 1.2 lac in 2.5 years.
4. Vehicle should be rock solid since it will be driven hard and at times on bad roads.
5. 4WD is not necessary, but welcome.

Vehicles ruled out by him:
1. Eco Sport: Too long waiting, plus did not like it somehow. This can still come in as a wild card entry if there are no options.
2. Duster: Very poor interior quality
3. Yeti: Skoda. No thank you

Vehicles in consideration
1. XUV: Top contender. Top end will exceed budget. Which variant should be considered in 16 lacs budget in Thane?
2. Terrano: Better interiors than Duster. What is the situation on Nissan w.r.t. the sales/ service company. Has the dispute been resolved.
3. Safari Storme: Too big. How reliable is it?

Is there some other vehicle which fits the bill?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks