Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2012, 00:23   #346
vij
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
So, I asked to allot a fresh piece, in Aqua Mist. I was told, Skoda has discontinued that particular color. Is that true?
That is a very popular color. Could this be true?
Old 22nd June 2012, 06:04   #347
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij
Corrida Red is discontinued here in India because there were few takers. Aqua Mist is not as unpopular, though as I understand it, the Mato Brown, Cappuccino Beige, Brilliant Silver, Candy White and Black sell best in the Yeti. The thing is that they may not have any stock of Aqua Mist Kits with them and hence may have to order it for you.
Old 22nd June 2012, 07:06   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Tafe guys told me so last month when i was searching for the same color. Vinayak didn't mention anything and they were ready to take booking for it. I thought TAFE guys were bluffing as they didn't had stock of the same. Skoda updated their brochure in April and they still had that color in the list.
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:09   #349
BHPian

Can anyone point me to PDi checklist thread. Is there any specific PDi points for skoda yeti?
Old 23rd June 2012, 16:03   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
Can anyone point me to PDi checklist thread. Is there any specific PDi points for skoda yeti?
Behemoth has with him some important papers which you may find helpful. Do PM him and in case he is free, ask his help.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 00:02   #351
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

After careful thinking and consideration from various angles, I've decided NOT to go for the Fortuner. So it would be the Yeti or Laura L&K (because I really want an auto).

I've also test driven the passat and really liked it except for the much higher price.

Laura L&K and passat have similar features, except for the "button" parking brake, parking assistant and sunroof.
Old 25th June 2012, 06:45   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
Hi Everyone,

After careful thinking and consideration from various angles, I've decided NOT to go for the Fortuner. So it would be the Yeti or Laura L&K (because I really want an auto).

I've also test driven the passat and really liked it except for the much higher price.

Laura L&K and passat have similar features, except for the "button" parking brake, parking assistant and sunroof.
Hey, let me confuse you a bit more.
Have you thought of a brand new Jetta high-line AT? Worth comparing this car with the Laura L&K before deciding. Might help you clarify your thoughts better.
Add one more to the soup, the Skoda Superb AT which is also quite superb indeed.
The Yeti with DSG AT is likely to come, but only a little later perhaps, not now.
Old 25th June 2012, 12:37   #353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hey, let me confuse you a bit more.
Have you thought of a brand new Jetta high-line AT? Worth comparing this car with the Laura L&K before deciding. Might help you clarify your thoughts better.
Add one more to the soup, the Skoda Superb AT which is also quite superb indeed.
The Yeti with DSG AT is likely to come, but only a little later perhaps, not now.
I can't think of any reason why a person would choose the Jetta highline over an L&K except if they think the Laura is a dated model. Otherwise the L&K is a much better buy in terms of value for money. The Superb is great too, but if self driven then the Laura makes more sense.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 12:42   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

I can't think of any reason why a person would choose the Jetta highline over an L&K except if they think the Laura is a dated model. Otherwise the L&K is a much better buy in terms of value for money. The Superb is great too, but if self driven then the Laura makes more sense.
Brand VW plus Audi esque looks vis a vis the most excellent Laura L&K!
Old 25th June 2012, 14:11   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Seems like there's a lot of Dub-love happening where the Jetta's concerned, never mind the fact that its overpriced and underequipped.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:16   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider

Seems like there's a lot of Dub-love happening where the Jetta's concerned, never mind the fact that its overpriced and underequipped.
With me frankly its just the looks of the Jetta and Passat that I like.
For that matter I also love the way the Vento and Polo look as also all the various Skodas and Audis too.
I would generally prefer a high end variant of some Skoda which is around the price point of a low to mid level VW and hence, would actually suggest that someone like Nitin should look at the Laura L&K, the Jetta high line and the Skoda Superb Ambition and Elegance, before he decides. Since he is rightly taking a lot of time on the decision, it is best to be completely sure of what each of these machines offer, before taking the plunge!
Old 25th June 2012, 14:51   #357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post

Here is my take on the dilemma.
Since you mentioned the inclination towards an AT, I am commenting only the 3 – Passat, Jetta and Laura L&K.

If you have the budget, and does not mind the size of the car, go with the Passat Highline. IIRC, the highline was available only in black interiors. Only a problem, if you are a hardcore fan of beige

Between the Laura L&K and the Jetta Highline, my recommendation will be the Laura. Engine and tech is same, and both are almost identical on safety. Laura have the advantage of real leather seats and ACC, while the Jetta gets paddle shifts. Laura may look a bit dated, but other than that, I don’t see much of an issue with the car. It may not be a problem, if you have plans to keep the car for next 3-4 years.
Old 25th June 2012, 23:43   #358
BHPian

Hello Folks,
I am also considering the YETI seriously (probably the 4X2, Ambition, 2012 model). Have managed to negotiate a discount of 1.2 lakhs so far from Vinayak. Any pointers on what would be a good price to go ahead and book it? Thanks in advance
Old 26th June 2012, 12:01   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Have you taken delivery of your yeti? Mine is arriving tomorrow from factory, and I had requested for PDI on 28th or 29th June. And my loan has been approved too at 10.35% interest for 48 months (10 lacs). So if all goes well, I should be getting delivery in early first week of July

Last edited by iTNerd : 26th June 2012 at 12:02.
Old 26th June 2012, 13:34   #360
BHPian

Car will arrive tonite. I will go for a pdi tomorrow and hoping everything goes well, I will take delivery day after. Between I am planning to get caska system and give my bolero system to my friend who will install on laura ambiente (manual).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks