Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Old 600 vs newer 400
Older 600 9 40.91%
Newer 400 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2005, 13:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

and what i meant by exercising is applicable to all bigger bikes compared to our mopeds
Old 1st March 2005, 13:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

lol jaggu. That's true. Once you get a larger bike, you have to pay attention where and how you park it! It's not very easy trying to get it's front wheel out off a ditch
Old 1st March 2005, 13:58   #18
BHPian

So Rt, u too not sure when u'l be getting one?!! Oh man......
Old 1st March 2005, 14:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey vin, it's not like i can walk into a showroom and ride out on one now is it.
Old 1st March 2005, 18:17   #20

If your budget allows, I would suggest you go for a 600. Agreed the 400 is more than enough for the streets, it so happens that later on, you get a feeling tht you should have brough the 600 at the first place.

even the 600 is a good for the city streets, you just need to have good riding skills to keep those 90+ horses under control

Last edited by sabby : 1st March 2005 at 18:18.
Old 1st March 2005, 18:29   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From my limited knowledge of superbikes:

1. The ZZR makes more sense. Its newer, the condition looks fantastic. Since its in production, you are assured of parts supply for a long time to come.

2. If its an option, why not save a little more $$$ and go in for a 1994-95 600? I know its a never ending process to extend the budget and buy a better bike.

GTO
Old 1st March 2005, 18:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Hey vin, it's not like i can walk into a showroom and ride out on one now is it.

Dont get mad at me..

Ok, i'l wait patiently for u'r bike to come..
Old 2nd March 2005, 01:39   #23
BHPian

Any hardcore biker would advise you to go in for the 600. That is why the xbhp guys who are also members of this site have opted for the 600.
If you go by pure logic or common sense, it is better to buy a newer bike, but then it is also illogical to go in for a foreign bike on Indian roads in the first place.

If you're rich and plan to upgrade soon (like a lot of foreign bike owners do), fine, go in for the 400. But if you r looking for a long time association with your bike, go in for something that you will enjoy for years and also something that has enough spare power available at the flick of a wrist. That is what gives you confidence and the thrill

To tell you the truth, I'm already thinking of upgrading from my CBR 600 to a 900 / 1000 cc bike in some time. Want to buy my bike ? It has about a lac worth of parts changed withing the last year or so. Make an offer I can't refuse

I feel a few members have voted based on the pictures that have been provided, but then I presume that they are not those of the actual bikes being considered. Those may be quite different in condition from the snaps.

And as far as the sounds of the bike go, it depends primarily on the after market can. Otherwise the stock lower powered bikes make more of a noise as compared to the authoritative growl of a higher powered bike.
BTW, did you hear the sound of my aftermarket can on my intro thread ?
Old 2nd March 2005, 10:22   #24
BHPian

Hey bikefreak,
Just wanted to know..
Even if the 600 is muh older than the 400, u would still suggest the 600???
Isn't it always better to go for the newest possible ride at u'r budget??

When we consider 600 or 400, definetly the 600 but when it is older 600 Vs newer 400????
Old 2nd March 2005, 11:01   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
but when it is older 600 Vs newer 400????
It doesnt matter how old the bike is..

if the bike has been serviced regualrly and is well maintained , the older 600 would be a better buy than the newer 400.
agreed the older 600 will have some performance dip, but it still has very good performance when compared to the 400.

P.S.: All of my posts in this topic are inclined towards performance. (looks play a secondary role in my case )
Old 2nd March 2005, 11:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
agreed the older 600 will have some performance dip, but it still has very good performance when compared to the 400.
Then it is fair enough.. Wasn't sure thats why I asked.. Thanks for the clarification....

Hope the maintenance part too wont be on the higher side for the oldie!!!!

_God when will i have one_
Old 2nd March 2005, 15:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Hey bikefreak,
Just wanted to know..
Even if the 600 is muh older than the 400, u would still suggest the 600???
Isn't it always better to go for the newest possible ride at u'r budget??

When we consider 600 or 400, definetly the 600 but when it is older 600 Vs newer 400????
Let me put it this way . . .

Would you prefer buying a 2 yr old splendour rather than a 3 yr old karizma ?
Or
Would you prefer buying a 2 yr old Maruti 800 intead of a 3 yr old esteem ?

I've specifically chosen these examples as the difference in age is 30% (like that between the 10 yr old 400 & 15 yr old 600). Also the difference in power is proportinate !!

All said and done, a newer bike may be totally $crewed up whereas an older one may be in a pristine condition !!

Get my point ??
Anyone who sees / drives my 10 yr old 600 refuses to believe that it could be so old.
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:59   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would you prefer buying a 2 yr old splendour rather than a 3 yr old karizma ?
Yes, but there is a difference when you are talking 2 & 3 years old and 16 & 8 years old.

The real question is:
Would you buy a 16 year old 600 or a 8 year old 400, with the 600 being priced higher than the 400?
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:38   #29
BHPian

bikefreak, I agree to u'r points and may be u'r 10 yr old bike is so well maintained that u wouldn't tell it age..

But
Quote:
All said and done, a newer bike may be totally $crewed up whereas an older one may be in a pristine condition !!
may be true in u'r bikes case but otherwise, I really doubt.. Its just a rare possiblity..

But when we speak bikes with bigger age difference, its quite a choice to make....

Off Topic:
I posted the rates(price in rupees/45, $1 = Rs45) of these bikes in a US superbike website and asked their comments..

They almost fainted hearing the prices..... Said it was too much.. i explained to them about the import duties and stuff....

All the replies i got suggested the 400 over the 600.... They said its newer and cheaper.... These guys have bikes and have lots of them. I'm not saying to just take their word for granted, but no harm considering them... What say??

Saw an ad for Bike sale in that forum.. It bought tears in my eyes.. Unfair world, this..
2001, ZX12 with 3500 miles on it.. K&N airfilter, Muzzy Titanium exhaust, and PCIII. Only $6000

People who can afford have to pay less and we Indians have to work for years to save money for a bike... And finally end up saving less than required.. ggggrrrrrrr

If at all i like US, its for the price of bikes.... Man, it so mean....
Old 2nd March 2005, 20:11   #30
BHPian

Hey, vin cool it man. Even I'm on that site and the prices of bikes going out there makes one go nuts. I mean you'll get a fairly used Busa for the damn price you pay here for a OLD 600.
20year olds own Busa's there, think about that and we here have to do with comet250, aquila and what not. Not fair man.
But, as said earlier all this would be changing pretty soon, hopefully. I'm waiting for the RSV!!!!!

Last edited by Akkiben : 2nd March 2005 at 20:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks