Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 10:32   #3061
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Pics of a Yamaha FZ-1 spotted in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc08003.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc08005.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc08006.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc08007.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc08009.jpg  

Old 20th July 2011, 12:11   #3062
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Pics of a Yamaha FZ-1 spotted in Bangalore.
Nice subtle pair of boots!
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 14:33   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
OMG, I never knew Harleys would sell this much so fast. Unsolved mystery.
Looks like they gotta pretty good marketing team.

Few things for their receipe to a successful selling:
Conducting rides with other fellow HOG
Giving not only a bike but a whole new lifestyle which any other brand lacks
Also their 108yrs history helps them to keep bragging about it than anyone
Old 20th July 2011, 15:51   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

Nice subtle pair of boots!
I like them too. These seem to be from the alpine star tech-touring series.

HD came in India at the back of it's fame and their hardworking hands on CEO made all the difference. He did not shout from the top but made himself heard for his products are priced well and the strategy followed to the core. These are fun toys for the audience and there was lentil demand for the same. HD is now being handsomely rewarded.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 20th July 2011 at 15:55.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:15   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I like them too. These seem to be from the alpine star tech-touring series.

HD is now being handsomely rewarded.
Indeed they are the alpine star series.

Regarding HD, well they were truly the first giant MNC to open shop in India. They are doing it the right way, showing their intentions that they are serious with setting up of a factory. Getting into the media attention, affordable pricing of their bikes (their products are not slated for masses) has surely helped. Ducati did come into India but they were quite limited and unannounced in their arrival. Would have been a different cup of tea had Triumph done all these things in the first place. Now the rest of bike makers will have to play catch up with HD. Plans are also afoot to develop a Indian Specific model which has been discussed earlier in this forum.
God save Enfield if it turns to be a reality and if they hit pay dirt with their pricing.

PS: Not a big fan of HD, Had to cancel my Iron booking because the delivery date was a moving target. But like their approach to Indian Market.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:27   #3066
e46
BHPian

Good pics. The FZ1 looks great. I would love to see HDs answer to topple our desi RE from its 350-500 segment. Though not an fan of cruisers, I must concor with ku69rd that they seem to be serious about India.

OT:
Now the market is all set to explode with HMSI reportedly planning to get their middle weights to India.

I say, bring on the CBR600F/ CBF600 beauties and tap the virgin market. These bikes, rather than being track focussed , are tuned for city usage along with comfortable handle-seating geometry and would also be affordable.

Abhishek
Old 20th July 2011, 16:37   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd
Now the rest of bike makers will have to play catch up with HD.

PS: Not a big fan of HD, Had to cancel my Iron booking because the delivery date was a moving target. But like their approach to Indian Market.
100% agree to your statement. Triumph is now set to launch, it will be interesting time ahead.

I liked the Vrod once but ever since i heard it rumble (or not) I have switched camps to Ducati. Ducati seems to be a mystery for me. They setup shop in India and then play hide and seek with customers. I was all out to get the bike but they vanished from Gurgaon. No matter what I do, I won't buy a bike that costs a bomb but has no local service station, can't wait for their team to do rounds in my part of the woods and then give me a slot to listen. I would rather want princely treatment for when I park my bike at the station the engineers get started on the bike and deliver it to be ridden again.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:52   #3068
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a blue Yamaha R1 and a black Kawasaki ZX-10R near Swagath Garuda Mall in Jayanagar last evening. Sorry no pics. Both the riders sped away and I couldn't catch up with them as the Yamaha FZ-S that I was riding was actually rather puny to match the litre class beasts.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:48   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ducati seems to be a mystery for me. They setup shop in India and then play hide and seek with customers.
Think you can still approach Duke showrooms in Bombay or Gujurat. Yes the service would be a costly/time consuming affair as the company might have to send in their technicians from their other cities for which you ought to bare their travel expenses. Believe the dukes have a service interval of 10000 Kms, so that makes it an annual affair unless and until you use it as a daily runner
Do go ahead and indulge in them as long as you can afford, cause once you lose time you cannot get it back...woops am i sounding philosophical/sentimenty
Old 20th July 2011, 18:14   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd

Think you can still approach Duke showrooms in Bombay or Gujurat. Yes the service would be a costly/time consuming affair as the company might have to send in their technicians from their other cities for which you ought to bare their travel expenses. Believe the dukes have a service interval of 10000 Kms, so that makes it an annual affair unless and until you use it as a daily runner
Do go ahead and indulge in them as long as you can afford, cause once you lose time you cannot get it back...woops am i sounding philosophical/sentimenty
Excuse me for taking this OT but Ducati can do better than that. It is not just the maintenance on yearly that takes you back to workshop. I guess once I have time to read the elaborate Ducati self maintenance guide, I will up to it.
Old 20th July 2011, 22:29   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Excuse me for taking this OT but Ducati can do better than that. It is not just the maintenance on yearly that takes you back to workshop. I guess once I have time to read the elaborate Ducati self maintenance guide, I will up to it.
i agree with ku69rd: dont waste time, go for it Sn1p3r! I just put the money down for the Termignoni carbon fiber slip ons
Old 20th July 2011, 22:49   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
i agree with ku69rd: dont waste time, go for it Sn1p3r! I just put the money down for the Termignoni carbon fiber slip ons
Very soon my man. I am going crazy for Diavel. Will be surely going in before this year end and get it by Sep or Dec or Feb as of now. How is it going with your monster?
Old 21st July 2011, 13:19   #3073
BHPian

Saw a whole bunch of bikes yesterday night at Carters (Bandra - Mumbai)
Couldnt make out most of the bikes as they went past, but suffice to say there were a fair share of Busas.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:28   #3074
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Wow! Would request you to post a sound clip in open air please

Duc accessories are kind of magnets...hard to resist
Old 21st July 2011, 13:30   #3075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
You can find all the HOG photos in this link: Harley-Davidson India - Events - Harley Owners Group - Hyderabad
Think i saw ya yesterday morning near Domlur flyover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks