Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 23:47   #2551
BHPian

Its sad that a forum such as this needs to be educated that skin and tarmac dont mix well.
Old 6th November 2010, 00:02   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Its sad that a forum such as this needs to be educated that skin and tarmac dont mix well.
Well put. my views exactly. i think people who ride SBK's with chappels or without basic gear are best to be ignored. we live in a country where power and responsibility are sledom used in the same line on most ocassions.
Old 6th November 2010, 19:01   #2553
BHPian

I wonder why someone who rides a SBK always has to be seen in leathers,gloves n boots. Before anything, Im DEFINITELY not educating riding without protective gear. But protective gear in general is supposed to be used by everyone who is riding a bike, be it a 100cc or a 1000 cc one. How many of us wear protective gearing* read boots leathers et all* everytime we are on the bike? helmet is bare minimum and Im sure most of us here wear that.

If the owner of a sbk wishes to use the bike for city riding I dont think riding around in sandals n no leathers is too bad an idea..! having said that, what the guy in the pic is wearing is a pushing it to the limits
Old 6th November 2010, 19:07   #2554
BHPian

@Suhaas : in the first picture I notice a sweet lil mini cooper jus ahead of the bike to the right..would you by any chance have more pics of it?
Old 6th November 2010, 20:53   #2555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanth_benz View Post
@Suhaas : in the first picture I notice a sweet lil mini cooper jus ahead of the bike to the right..would you by any chance have more pics of it?

It's alright! Here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2129837-post9461.html

It isn't much, but that's all I could get! Oh and I have seen it several times before and incidentally, on the same road! It's just too quick and nippy for my camera!
Old 6th November 2010, 21:09   #2556
Senior - BHPian

So today we had a Mumbai TBHP meet and a BHPian's friend brought along this monster
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-imag0454.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-imag0455.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-imag0453.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-imag0456.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-imag0457.jpg  

Old 6th November 2010, 21:15   #2557
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome looking machine. There's certainly a thing or two about Italian machines that turns me on. The Monster looks smashing in red.
Old 6th November 2010, 21:17   #2558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
So today we had a Mumbai TBHP meet and a BHPian's friend brought along this monster
I think I just had a crisis!

What a beauty! Although, you should have taken a few pictures of it from a distance! Or have you?

So, did you get a ride Zohaib?
Old 6th November 2010, 21:19   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanth_benz View Post
If the owner of a sbk wishes to use the bike for city riding I dont think riding around in sandals n no leathers is too bad an idea..! having said that, what the guy in the pic is wearing is a pushing it to the limits
A SBK on average is about 100 Kg heavier than your typical Indian bike. Firm footing, and some level of protection against twisting is essential. I would rather skip my gloves and jacket for a short ride rather than shoes. Does not have to be riding boots, but something better than thongs or flip-flops. I mean, how long does it take to put a pair of shoes on?

Can I suggest some moderation of this thread to delete pictures of unsafe riders? Do we really need to see another R1/Gixx/CBR pic with "posers" in unsafe poses? I can see an exception made for a truly exotic bike like a Bimota Tesi (I doubt one exists in India, but then again I didnt think a Can-Am spyder would exist either), but showcasing unsafe riders in such a forum might give readers a wrong impression that it is acceptable practice to be unsafe.

Whoa!! That Ducati jumped in while I was typing. What a stunner!! Hearty Congrats to the owner.

Last edited by gthang : 6th November 2010 at 21:21.
Old 6th November 2010, 21:36   #2560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I think I just had a crisis!

What a beauty! Although, you should have taken a few pictures of it from a distance! Or have you?

So, did you get a ride Zohaib?
No I didn't get a ride. I am not a bike guy and I really feel scared as a pillion rider on any superbike. I recently had a hard time on my friend's Ninja when he took speeds of 160kph+ and there were no grip handles where I could hold on at that speed. I thought that'd be the last day of my life!

There are plenty of pictures that other BHPians have taken. They might upload it later.

Last edited by theragingbull : 6th November 2010 at 21:40.
Old 7th November 2010, 00:09   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics of the Monster! (Courtesy BHPian slicks)
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-picture-033.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-picture-032.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-picture-036.jpg  

Old 7th November 2010, 00:36   #2562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not a bike guy and I really feel scared as a pillion rider on any superbike. I recently had a hard time on my friend's Ninja...
You and me both dude! (except for this one of course)

Quote:
Some more pics of the Monster! (Courtesy BHPian slicks)
There ye go! Now that's what I'm talking about!

The Ducati Monster is oh-so-perfect. In every possible way. This bike cannot be wrong! What a stunner it is. Those chiseled lines, those scrumptious curves, that mighty V-Twin! It's heaven on two-wheels! Period.
Old 7th November 2010, 01:08   #2563
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Suzuki Burgman 650 at a house in the Satellite area of Ahmedabad.

They also have a BMW M3 and a matt grey OHC, all done up by mKraft. The way their guards stare at me every evening while I jog, I doubt they would let me click pics :P

@gThang
Agree with the sentiment, but moderation of pics is pointless. The purpose of the thread is to showcase the machines, not the maniacs riding it. Plus, every time a pic like this crops up, there are at least 10 comments bashing the dude riding it.

Cheers
Old 7th November 2010, 07:32   #2564
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant pics Zohaib. I completely agree with Suhaas. The Monster 796 is just perfect in evey possible way. Just wish Ducati had a better sales and service network. Probably the only exotic Italian brand that falls in my budget.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:03   #2565
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please stick to the topic, i.e. Superbikes in India. We do have another thread on riding gear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks