Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 14:21   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Guys imagine you are to go to a place which is a km away and considering your only bike is a 1000cc bike , would you wear full riding gear .
Yes I would or I'd rather walk the distance. My life is precious to me. It takes me 5 mins to get the bike warmed up to riding temperature and that's sufficient for me to suit up.

I religiously ride every weekend and a day before the ride i go to the nearest fuel station to tank up... geared up with my lid, gloves, riding jacket with built-in armor and boots. The nearest fuel station is only 3kms away (Shell fuel, although other bunks like BP and IOCL are only a km away).

Quote:
My friend named Sandy passed away in an accident with his gixxer even though he was wearing full alpinestar gear including chest guard which did not prevent his heart being crushed . What would you say for this? SO its not only about the riding gear which will save you .So be it . its his bike , his wish of safety .
Sad to know. May his soul RIP.

For me, thinking that protective gear is not going to save me and so not wearing it, is downright stupid and is utter disregard for personal safety (apologies for the choice of words). I want to get the message across that gear may save you, its not death proof, its offers protection against injury. Let me put it this way - I'd rather suit up and if i crash i might walk away with minimal injury or in the extreme case, death, than crash and be a vegetable all my life.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th September 2010 at 14:24.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:03   #2477
Senior - BHPian

There should be a "Like" in teambhp too to save from post like this one from me.

N_aditya i fully agree with you.Point well spoken about riding gear.

Talk to people whos' loved ones have died even though they tried everything, you'll find a calmness in them.they will take it as the will of god and they will not feel the burden of the death on their shoulders.They will say"We tried out best but god had his ways".

Now ask the same to a father you gave his son a superbike and his son died in an accident because of not wearing gear at all.They will bear the burden their entire life.So if not for thier lives riders must think about the lives of the people who love them also.What will happen to them after he dies.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:06   #2478
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
Suhas,
here is a pic of a MT01 owned by a dear friend
Its really mighty and looks awesome in real life
Not to mention the torque and the fabulous engine note is a bonus
ENjoy
Super picture! It really looks monstrous, even more so in the flesh!

So are you saying that wearing the appropriate riding gear is a waste? I'm not into bikes and I can't ride for jack, but if I had the interest and enthusiasm, I would definitely wear a lid, gloves and a jacket at least! Wearing hawiis and riding just shows that you have no respect for your bike.

It may not be only about the riding-gear, but remember, it is an integral part of riding. Even if it is going to the shop 5 minutes from home. They protect you from injury, and that's what is important.

I'm sorry about your friends incident. It's great that he was wearing the right gear, and it's sad that he didn't make it through. May his soul RIP. People should learn from Sandy. He was being a responsible rider by wearing the right sort of gear.

Sorry for going OT, mods.

Last edited by navin : 17th September 2010 at 10:34.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:27   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yes I would or I'd rather walk the distance. My life is precious to me. It takes me 5 mins to get the bike warmed up to riding temperature and that's sufficient for me to suit up.

I religiously ride every weekend and a day before the ride i go to the nearest fuel station to tank up... geared up with my lid, gloves, riding jacket with built-in armor and boots. The nearest fuel station is only 3kms away (Shell fuel, although other bunks like BP and IOCL are only a km away).

Sad to know. May his soul RIP.

For me, thinking that protective gear is not going to save me and so not wearing it, is downright stupid and is utter disregard for personal safety (apologies for the choice of words). I want to get the message across that gear may save you, its not death proof, its offers protection against injury. Let me put it this way - I'd rather suit up and if i crash i might walk away with minimal injury or in the extreme case, death, than crash and be a vegetable all my life.
I agree that with you that we can walk that distance rather than riding a litre bike for such short distances , but the case is not always the same . I ride an R1 from 2 years , when on rides i used to suit up . but incity i used to wear a lid but not full suit and for legs atlaest a shoe. But its like i couldn wear shoes all the time due to some issues . Agree right . It all depends on the rider's road sense when riding in city . I agree its stupid to think -ve about protective gear but then you never know whats gonna happen . IF that blue R1 rider is a sensible guy then flip flops are ok , if he is not not then the lid is also of no use . No offense Aditya my friend . Just my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
There should be a "Like" in teambhp too to save from post like this one from me.

N_aditya i fully agree with you.Point well spoken about riding gear.

Talk to people whos' loved ones have died even though they tried everything, you'll find a calmness in them.they will take it as the will of god and they will not feel the burden of the death on their shoulders.They will say"We tried out best but god had his ways".

Now ask the same to a father you gave his son a superbike and his son died in an accident because of not wearing gear at all.They will bear the burden their entire life.So if not for thier lives riders must think about the lives of the people who love them also.What will happen to them after he dies.

So are you saying that wearing the appropriate riding gear is a waste? I'm not into bikes and I can't ride for jack, but if I had the interest and enthusiasm, I would definitely wear a lid, gloves and a jacket at least! Wearing hawiis and riding just shows that you have no respect for your bike.

It may not be only about the riding-gear, but remember, it is an integral part of riding. Even if it is going to the shop 5 minutes from home. They protect you from injury, and that's what is important.

I'm sorry about your friends incident. It's great that he was wearing the right gear, and it's sad that he didn't make it through. May his soul RIP. People should learn from Sandy. He was being a responsible rider by wearing the right sort of gear.

Sorry for going OT, mods.
Im not saying riding gear is a waste , but then people have restrictions wearing them . Highway riding gear is must . I even wear an abdomen guard during highway riding . But in city i wear a lid , shoes . Sometimes i cant wear shoes due to some reasons . In city i don ride beyond 55kms on my R1 people may think im stupid to ride such a bike so slow but thats my way of riding to keep me safe . So its not only riding gear , even the rider's sense play a part too .
Old 16th September 2010, 10:47   #2480
Team-BHP Support

If you are destined not to die today, why not check it out by jumping from the 20th floor?/under the wheels of the speeding lorry?

On a Motorcycle, unfortunately, you can't decide which way to fall in case of a spill, so that you hurt yourself less & protect a particular body which is exposed or isn't in layers of protection.

Attaching two photos, picked from PRS's FB a/c
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-38704_411949903405_204763053405_4573971_5926116_n.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-39762_411949968405_204763053405_4573972_5897536_n.jpg  

Old 16th September 2010, 21:17   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Got these pics of a Suzuki Gixxer 750 in hyderabad from a FB friend.
I guess i saw these pics some time back...

Is your friend kartik Reddy by any chance.??
Old 18th September 2010, 15:37   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes i cant wear shoes due to some reasons . In city i don ride beyond 55kms on my R1 people may think im stupid to ride such a bike so slow but thats my way of riding to keep me safe . So its not only riding gear , even the rider's sense play a part too .
Sugan, I don't mean to preach, but unfortunately riding sense plays a part in controlling errors that the rider may make. It does not provide for mistakes by others that may be unavoidable even at speeds that you mention. A lot of Indian roads for example, do not have a divider separating both sides especially in suburban areas. I don't want to sound morbid but an oncoming motorcycle's footpeg could split your toes / foot. Scenarios like that are why gear - in this case, proper riding boots - of the appropriate kind becomes relevant.

Importantly, I do not wish to sound holier-than-thou; i am equally guilty of having taken my Blackbird out to the gas station half a km from my house to tank up wearing shorts and floaters. And the fact that i've not crossed 20kmph is not an excuse. I need to apply my own advice myself.

Ravi
Old 19th September 2010, 09:02   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_xx View Post
Sugan, I don't mean to preach, but unfortunately riding sense plays a part in controlling errors that the rider may make. It does not provide for mistakes by others that may be unavoidable even at speeds that you mention. A lot of Indian roads for example, do not have a divider separating both sides especially in suburban areas. I don't want to sound morbid but an oncoming motorcycle's footpeg could split your toes / foot. Scenarios like that are why gear - in this case, proper riding boots - of the appropriate kind becomes relevant.

Importantly, I do not wish to sound holier-than-thou; i am equally guilty of having taken my Blackbird out to the gas station half a km from my house to tank up wearing shorts and floaters. And the fact that i've not crossed 20kmph is not an excuse. I need to apply my own advice myself.

Ravi
Apologies, my post above may have been quite off-topic. Mods, please move or delete as you may consider appropriate.

Regards, Ravi
Old 20th September 2010, 16:24   #2484
BHPian

Brand new Yamaha R1 spotted in Hyderabad. Hope these guys learn the importance of Safety Gear. Even thought you aren't zipping the bike, a Helmet would be bear minimum expected from a biker.

Name:  19092010001.jpg
Views: 6339
Size:  50.6 KB
Old 20th September 2010, 16:38   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Also no plates :O .BTW if you wear helmet ,how will people know who is riding the SBK ?
Old 20th September 2010, 16:40   #2486
BHPian

The showroom of Harley Davidson Hyderabad is in Banjara Hills and they have a warehouse close to my home,Please find attached the pics of these HOG's just offloaded from a container.

Some more of these beauties for your viewing pleasure,
By the way the ware house is also a car service centre owned by lakshmi hyundai.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-image0321.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0322.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0324.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0325.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0326.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0327.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0329.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0330.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0331.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0332.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0333.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0334.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0336.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0338.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0337.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0339.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0340.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image0341.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th September 2010 at 17:22. Reason: Back to back posts, Thanks
Old 20th September 2010, 17:25   #2487
Team-BHP Support

Nice pictures Srinivas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_xx View Post
i am equally guilty of having taken my Blackbird out to the gas station half a km from my house to tank up wearing shorts and floaters.
Blackbird? In Mumbai? Would appreciate a few pictures of your bike in this thread.

manson.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:30   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
By the way the ware house is also a car service centre owned by lakshmi hyundai.
Neat stuff.

It is so, because the HD dealership in Hyderabad belongs to the same group. The group owns quite a few automobile dealerships.

Cheers,
Old 20th September 2010, 20:03   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

Blackbird? In Mumbai? Would appreciate a few pictures of your bike in this thread.

manson.
Hey manson Buddy
Here is the BlackBird which joined us for a ride yesterday to khopoli
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-bb1.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-bb2.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-bb3.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-bb4.jpg  

Old 21st September 2010, 17:43   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Pics of a Suzuki GSX1000R, a Yamaha R1 and a Hyosung Comet 250 spotted in Bangalore over the weekend. Also spotted a red-black 2010 Suzuki Hayabusa, but couldn't manage to snap it.
guys............this is totally off topic. as karizma said you cant expect a person to be in full riding gear all the times. i think we should put an end to commenting on people's riding than their machines. mods please do the needful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks