Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 15:13   #2446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Its the ZX-14 and not a 14R !
By the way, mine is not a ZX14 mate. Hell its there in the snap for you to see that its a ZZR1400. Alot of the Kawa company guys call it 14R. You'll have to correct them before you correct me mate.

So without the 2ndry valves, what kind of power does it make? I'm curious to know as I frankly dont know how to put it in words, just felt the huge difference in power, throttle response, acceleration etc. I know you have alot of knowledge on Kawa, hence i'm asking you.

Usage of power of both aint really the topic. Can debate on this forever along with the looks. Then again, didnt buy it for the looks.

@manson, yeah maybe you are right. The 12R was a failed attempt by Kawa to take on the Busa. My only take was that the 14R (sorry) ZZR1400 has numerous layers or levels of performance mods possible keeping the engine stock, which the busa doesnt & hence back to my point of - when both are derestricted - the Kawa is a Busa killer.

Last edited by insaneroller : 7th September 2010 at 15:31.
Old 7th September 2010, 16:29   #2447
BHPian

insaneroller you are really insane to derestrict a zx 14 , would love to hear your bike when im in mumbai . zx 14 is my favorite bike and your bike is one of a kind in india with those mods you have .
Old 7th September 2010, 16:54   #2448
Senior - BHPian

As the topic suggests, this thread is for uploading pics of superbikes spotted in India. The Busa vs. 14R debate can be carried out in a thread dedicated to either of the two on the forum I guess.
Old 7th September 2010, 20:11   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Sorry dude! I din have a propah net connection for a while. Here u go!

Pix from one of our sunday drives/rides!
lovely pics!!
one OT question dude if you dont mind.. is that the RR that got wrecked few weeks back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
ya it's a mitsubishi GTO. BTW where's the rear cowl and rear seat buddy?
the owner is lone rider 90% of the time. so when i dropped by, he was frantically searching for the rear seat. rear cowl had been removed by then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Love the B in that color dude. I'm sure you had a hell of a time clinging on for your dear life. Other that the Black/Gold combo, this is the only color I'd prefer the new busa.

Eh, what you think happened? Bivin rode as a pillion without the seat? "Enna Kodumai Saravana
!"
totally have to agree with you on that one!! it looks quite the part in that colour. and your damn right about the clinging on for dear life part!!

and i had a bad enough time with the seat, imagine without it!!

BTW, the red GTO is the same one posted by you in the Chennai thread..

oh and guys, lets stop this battle between whos ugly and whos fast and what not. this thread has gone biblically off topic in the past few pages.. lets just spot and paste SBKs here shall we?
Cheers!!
Old 7th September 2010, 22:38   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Insane roller dude i was just having fun with the 14R comment.this is how we tease the 14 guys on other forums too.hehe.so chill man.

By the way on the comment about the failed attempt thing take a look at these few videos.Immensely enjoyable videos.These are the places we should be riding our bikes man!

Oh yes each video is 10 minutes to i suggest you guys take some good time out and view each video.especially the 2nd 3rd and 4th.

This will give you a new definition of these hyperbikes and a new respect for the 12R.

The truth is that kawasaki never gave a good under the table deal to the bike mags in the US.This is the reason everyone of them handed the crown the the busa.in the real world if you browse international forums you'll see that stock to stock the kawasaki 12R hands the busa its rear end everytime.

One cannot forget the immense mod potential of the Busa though.But the kawa holds its own too.even now making good progress at the maxton mile and the salt flats.

If you want you can search for "ZX12R shiphteey" or "shiphtee" on youtube. This guy has gone to the salt flats and the maxton mile with a stock bike.He's donw an official 211 Miles per hour on one of them and the some more.

Insane roller you're being too kind to say that i'm knowledgeable.You have more of it as your bike is an altogether different state of tune. about your query of the power increase of the 14 with the secondary butterflies removed and a proper map for that in place yes there is a big big difference in power.But the problem remains that it is a spike in the power and one looses the control and traction of the bike on hard or sudden throttle opening.A problem that i faced big time on the 12 as well.Because of which i had to put them back in.The front used to lift off under hard acceleration which frankly i'm too scared of.

If you're able to control it or if its more controllable in the 14 then its great.also since the 14 has a lower stance and is not as wheelie prone as the 12.
Old 7th September 2010, 22:41   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
This new Harley is an addition to our Residence Complex.
(I hope this is a right place to post this? If not please advise and move to appropriate place, Thanks)
Beautiful harley! which one is it?is this the sportster series with the 1200 cc engine?
Old 7th September 2010, 22:50   #2452
Team-BHP Support

AFAIK The Kawasaki with its 1400cc engine is termed as either ZZR-1400 or ZX-14.

Thanks for the videos Nav

Back to the pics--
Old 7th September 2010, 23:20   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post

oh and guys, lets stop this battle between whos ugly and whos fast and what not. this thread has gone biblically off topic in the past few pages.. lets just spot and paste SBKs here shall we?
Cheers!!
Let me try doing what Bivin has proposed we should.

Was at a friend's place somewhere in (downtown) Mumbai last weekend. While I walked down into the basement to fetch my ride, I could not help but drool over the beauty which was resting after what seemed like spin in the rains that she might have been back from sometime soon (looking at the grime on the bike).

I started clicking some pics and I noticed a beast under the covers hibernating. Could not resist but just move the cover a bit to get a glimpse of the monster. Clicked a couple of pics without getting the cover off and covered the steed back the way it was before riding back home at 5 in the morning.

What an end to the weekend, Spotted A Beauty & The Beast standing in Peace.

For the owner if you are reading - Sorry if the pics should'nt have been here. None of your bikes were touched or fiddled with. All that was done is enjoyed looking at them and cliked some pics for folks onboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-29082010696.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010695.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010694.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010693.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010692.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010691.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010689.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010688.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010687.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010686.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-29082010685.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 7th September 2010 at 23:27. Reason: Minor Edits
Old 8th September 2010, 00:49   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Insane roller dude i was just having fun with the 14R comment.this is how we tease the 14 guys on other forums too.hehe.so chill man.

If you want you can search for "ZX12R shiphteey" or "shiphtee" on Youtube. This guy has gone to the salt flats and the maxton mile with a stock bike.He's donw an official 211 Miles per hour on one of them and the some more.

Insane roller you're being too kind to say that i'm knowledgeable.You have more of it as your bike is an altogether different state of tune. about your query of the power increase of the 14 with the secondary butterflies removed and a proper map for that in place yes there is a big big difference in power.But the problem remains that it is a spike in the power and one looses the control and traction of the bike on hard or sudden throttle opening.A problem that i faced big time on the 12 as well.Because of which i had to put them back in.The front used to lift off under hard acceleration which frankly i'm too scared of.

If you're able to control it or if its more controllable in the 14 then its great.also since the 14 has a lower stance and is not as wheelie prone as the 12.
You'll surely enjoy the ride. Its in full control with all the mods done on it. An excellent exhaust, custom mapping, damper blah blah blah has surely made alot of difference. The 14 also lifts in hard acceleration, but doesnt keep climbing beyond a certain scary level, which one finds out after alot of runs, as otherwise its real scary to keep push as hard in that position. 12 is lighter & obviously with the fly's out, it must be insane.

The zx14.net site/forum has helped alot in the setup of this, however you should check him out on the texas mile. The 14's he's got are simply awesome. 217mph on a 14 with flies in, exhaust, his custom map & filters says it all. the other turbo/nitro ones are just too killer. Point being, the 14 has huge untapped power which I've learnt a fraction to utilise from him. There's only that much you can do in India. All that makes the overall 14 experience.... INSANE
Old 8th September 2010, 00:58   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Let me try doing what Bivin has proposed we should.

Was at a friend's place somewhere in (downtown) Mumbai last weekend. While I walked down into the basement to fetch my ride, I could not help but drool over the beauty which was resting after what seemed like spin in the rains that she might have been back from sometime soon (looking at the grime on the bike).

I started clicking some pics and I noticed a beast under the covers hibernating. Could not resist but just move the cover a bit to get a glimpse of the monster. Clicked a couple of pics without getting the cover off and covered the steed back the way it was before riding back home at 5 in the morning.

What an end to the weekend, Spotted A Beauty & The Beast standing in Peace.

For the owner if you are reading - Sorry if the pics should'nt have been here. None of your bikes were touched or fiddled with. All that was done is enjoyed looking at them and cliked some pics for folks onboard.
SHEESH!! the r1 appears to be a mash up of parts!! blue farings, black tank, matte black cowl...
and whats with the skull on the tail light??
this one is a let down for me in the looks department..
Old 8th September 2010, 17:03   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
SHEESH!! the r1 appears to be a mash up of parts!! blue farings, black tank, matte black cowl...

and whats with the skull on the tail light??

this one is a let down for me in the looks department..
Hey Bivin,

Rest is the way it appears but the skull on the tail light was little masti by me to hide the #. The lettering was such that all I had to do was add a couple of lines and delete some to give the skully look.

BTW the bike is from a state up North.

Regards,
Mantri G.
Old 9th September 2010, 15:18   #2457
BHPian

here's an MT-01 and a harley in B'lore.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-22156_266765887175_683747175_4444061_7918113_n.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-harley.jpg  

Old 10th September 2010, 00:05   #2458
BHPian

Spotted the new Busa in the odd looking orange and black color combo in my area ( at Vikhroli - west). Have seen the guy riding it without the gear (no respect for the rider anyways for not wearing a helmet). The bike features HID lamps and probably an aftermarkert exhaust. The bikes is kept in a very pathetic condition. She is being ridden in the rains and not being washed too.

Will try for the pics soon.
Old 10th September 2010, 11:01   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
You need to study things in details before writing mate

The 14R was so powerful that a speed limiter was not doing the job. The company then installed the secondary butterfly valves in order to control the surge of power it made & hence the production 14R's extreme power comes in above 6k rpm when the valves open.

However, without the secondary valves the 14R goes insane from 2.5k (from the start basically). Busa, no doubt was holding the crown for a really long time. But i'm sorry to say, that once you derestrict both the Busa & the 14R, its very difficult for the Busa to go past.

Here's one such 14R

@punterccrx8s, thanx mate

I'm seeing a center stand on a superbike for the very first time.
Dint even know they existed !!!!!!
Old 10th September 2010, 11:01   #2460
BHPian

Here's nagpur's lone 2010 busa. Sorry for poor quality pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-image013.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image010.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image011.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image014.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image016.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image018.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image019.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image026.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image034.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com