Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2024, 11:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW R1300 Ownership Review

For those looking for the Carplay/Android Play device. In addition to the regulars. INNOV & Carpuride, should check out this new product

https://www.chigee.com/products/aio5-play-for-bmw

My friend who got his 1300 last month is ordering this through a friend in the US.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 15:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Shikhar View Post
Please share the costing including labour charges if you are ok to share.
Thankyou, yes have been planning the mods on this one for months now, the worst part is that when I have the bike with me I am badly tied up at work to even get the mods installed at Pathpavers / do it on my own.

I am not sure if I should post the prices here since most of the stuff is ridiculously priced but will update the thread once I have most of the stuff installed in another post.

The last thing to reach me is the order from UK that should be here by the end of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
For those looking for the Carplay/Android Play device. In addition to the regulars. INNOV & Carpuride, should check out this new product
Chigee is my first choice too if I was to pick the one with BMW adaptor, makes it an absolute joy to use. I was more tilting to the dashcam functionality given the way Indian roads are and thats where Innovv had advantage of being regarded as the best in business. Carpuride is another good example thats cheaper too and easily available in India.
adi_sun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 21:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
Initially had booked the triple black but was liking the trophy colour more, The issue was that Trophy came with high seat as standard making the seat height to 870 mm. While I can flat foot this too with my riding boots cant with other boots (seat height with standard seat is 850 mm)
So a standard seat / Wunderlich was added to the budget and trophy colour was finalized !
Update on this: with the Wunderlich seat availability no where near, got the BMW standard seat instead. Wasteful expenditure but helps me flatfoot much better.

BMW R1300 Ownership Review-img_7709-2.jpg

BMW R1300 Ownership Review-img_7710-2.jpg
adi_sun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 00:15   #19
BHPian

Thats an awesome beast you got there. Congrats!. The mods planned are well thought out.

Are you going to have a SAE connector harness under the seat? I gave up on battery operated tire inflator pumps, and got a a really small 12V pump that has a SAE connector. I can also use this to heat the seat, jacket or any such, without having to go through any current limiting circuitry.

Also, any plans for CAN bus connectivity for programming aux lights , horn and stuff? Does your dealer/shop have HEX ezCAN? I found their support team in Germany to be awesome, very helpful. I had installed Denali aux lights, and license plate brake lights. It wasn't working because of bad connection, and I thought the software was messed up. The Hex team helped me out using emails, pictures & a phone call. Programming these for number of blinks, and intensity was fun. I have tried a bunch of settings, and have finally settled on something I like. I recommend the Denali license plate brake lights, it's really bright compared to OEM lights. I think it will help out a lot if you ride on dark roads. The aux lights, go off when you turn on indicators, etc. Lots of config options with HEX ezCAN. Easy to install as well.

Please keep the thread updated with all your mods.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 31st July 2024 at 00:23.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 14:17   #20
BHPian

Yes SAE connector will be carried forward from by Tiger 900 since my air pump is SAE plug like you said. Hex can too is part of the list to add my Baja Design and Denali lights in addition to the denali sound bomb horn.

Rear indictors + brake light will be added with a pair of Denali T3 in the number plate frame in addition to the stock lights.

Amount of tech these bikes have I will not add anything that's not routed via canbus and Hexcan, its simply not worth it.

On lights front plan to light this one up like a christmas tree, there is more stuff ordered from the UK and US that's arriving in Aug and Sept. Will update the thread as rides and mods progress. Thanks for reading !
adi_sun is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks