Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2024, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Yamaha FZ1 Review | My first SBK | 4 pots 2 wheels and 150 ponies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
After driving cars for 17 years and covering 3 lakh plus kms behind windscreens in cocooned cabins, I felt there's something missing in my motoring life.

One day, my regular commuter car broke down and I had to borrow my cousin's Himalayan to reach work place. That one ride made me realize that I've been missing fresh air, freedom and a lot more things a motorcycle has to offer!

Instantaneously decided to treat myself with a motorcycle but which one to choose remained a big question until few forum members, friends and fellow enthusiasts helped me choose the right category based on my preferences.
Congratulations Pferdestarke. The FZ1 is a brilliant future classic Superbike to own now. Very Reliable workhorse, Fun to ride fast and also light on maintenance. Plus, its almost impossible to find one with less than 10K kms on it.
I recently sold my 2012 FZ1 that was modified with a Remap and PC5 pushing upwards of 170bhp. What a brilliant engine this FZ's got, easily one of the most flexible litre engine. Very easy going when riding below 5k rpm but turns into a mad rocket beyond 6K rpm. I call it the 2 in 1 machine.
One of the best super bike to tour on the highway. The Japanese had given this beautiful ergonomics to sit and tour long distance without breaking a sweat.
But, at low speeds and in traffic, the bike feels quite heavy especially the steering and The engine constantly keeps reminding you of its presence by throwing hot air... my bike used to constantly nudge 105-110 degrees while riding in city traffic. whereas, on the highway it sits at a comfy 85 degrees like nothing happened.

I sold the bike only because i was starting to feel that i was getting too old for it. Plus the lack of ABS was starting to nag me with few near miss incidents where the rear got completely locked up (common issue with FZ).

get all your spare parts from bikebandit/revzilla and stock up. important parts are Fork oil seal, steering head stock bearings, brake pads, clutch cable, oil filters etc.
I struggled to get the Chain slider (Tore off on my bike due to excessive wear) and the starter relay (local mechanics will suggest to use locally available ones but pls dont).
Other than this, its a low maintenance superbike with a robust engine. congrats once again and ride safe!!
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ1 Review | My first SBK | 4 pots 2 wheels and 150 ponies-fz1_baddy.jpeg  

baddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 11:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddy View Post
ds, clutch cable, oil filters etc.
I struggled to get the Chain slider (Tore off on my bike due to excessive wear) and the starter relay
Thanks a lot sir! I've already begun stocking parts for future. Shall add these to my inventory.
Old 22nd June 2024, 16:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Then I came across this person called Vivek. He runs a motorcycle transport business across country and he is the logistics provider for Powerdrift. He's got a fleet of 4-5 dedicated mini trucks built to house motorcycle of various sizes even big beasts like Goldwing, HD tourers. Though his price seemed a bit on higher side, the way his team handle bikes, the assurance given was good enough to spend the premium..
That's great! Can you please share the number of this guy if he has pan India service. I may need to transport two bikes to Mumbai from down South soon.
Old 22nd June 2024, 17:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespirit27 View Post
That's great! Can you please share the number of this guy if he has pan India service.
I've shared it in my earlier post on this very thread. Anyways, here it is:

Vivek (Super Bike Transport) +91-9767721720
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 19:09   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase!!!

At some point of life we should live our life side by side taking care of our responsibilities.

I was surprised you got this bike from my own city as I have seen most of the naked bikes from Kawasaki here in Pune. I remember had encountered a CB1000 naked long back in the city.

Enjoy the ride to the fullest and pl keep posting / updating this thread.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks