Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2023, 20:59   #1
Team-BHP Support

Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform concept unveiled at EICMA 2023

Ultraviolette showcased the world premiere of the concept F99 Factory Racing Platform at EICMA 2023. The platform showcases the company's vision to lead the way in global EV innovation.

Quote:
Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform

Ultraviolette’s plans extend beyond the International-spec F77, with the world premiere of the F99 Factory Racing Platform, which received a massive interest at the EICMA 2023, marking a momentous stride in the realm of electric motorcycle technology. Contrasting with the first-gen model, the latest iteration of the F99 is a fully-faired motorcycle, meticulously engineered with advanced battery technology and drivetrain innovations.

One of the most distinctive features of the F99 is its active aerodynamics, mirroring principles adopted from supersonic fighter jets. The motorcycle incorporates carbon fibre in the construction of its Active Aerodynamics including the panels and winglets. The Active Aerodynamics are ingeniously integrated at two pivotal locations on the F99 - on air shield, acting as an air windshield, and two front cowl ducts, channelling air to the motor that compresses and releases it through vanes. This mechanism forms a barrier of high-velocity air molecules, optimizing airflow over the rider's helmet to reduce drag.

Another strategically key innovation is embodied in the Air-Blade, a segment of the side panel or side fairing, adapting to lean angles to enhance downforce during cornering. This real-time electronically actuated system ensures optimal performance. Multiple additional winglets are strategically positioned at the front and rear of the vehicle to fine-tune aerodynamic efficiency. The F99 boasts an impressive top speed of 265 kph.

The liquid-cooled motor on the F99 produces a maximum power output of 120 bhp (90 kW), which allows the motorcycle to sprint from 0 to 100 kph in just 3 seconds.

With an aero drag coefficient of 0.45 and kerb weight of just 178 kg, the F99 Factory Racing Platform is set to rewrite the rules in the world of motorsports.

The Global commercial launch of the F99 is anticipated by 2025, signifying Ultraviolette's steadfast commitment to elevating global electric motorcycle performance and technology standards
Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform concept unveiled at EICMA 2023-f99_pitlane-5.jpg

Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform concept unveiled at EICMA 2023-f99_pitlane-7.jpg

Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform concept unveiled at EICMA 2023-f99_tech_specs.jpg

Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform concept unveiled at EICMA 2023-f99_4_air_shield.jpg

Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform concept unveiled at EICMA 2023-f99_5_air_blade.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th November 2023 at 21:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 00:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Ultraviolette F99 Factory Racing Platform concept unveiled at EICMA 2023

Looks promising. The riding posture is a bit aggressive for city riding though. Has anything been mentioned around its range?
Old 15th November 2023, 00:33   #3
BHPian

This looks really promising . . . but, I’ll believe it when I get to ride it.
The F77 itself weighs 207 kgs. With all the aero wizardry and the much higher power output, I’m really curious to see how this one can weight 178 kgs. Knocking 30 kgs off a motorcycle while presumably putting in a larger battery pack seems like too good to be true.

I had the chance to ride the F77 at a racetrack, and the experience was quite underwhelming. Wonder how long the battery will last on the F99 at a racetrack if it’s ridden hard.

To give credit where it’s due - looks stunning much like the F77!
pavanmadhini is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 02:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
I had the chance to ride the F77 at a racetrack, and the experience was quite underwhelming.
why so? is it because of it being Electric?
Not so long ago I spoke to somebody that was riding a Zero SR/S Electric Motorbike and he said something similar too. But he was clear that his problem was that he couldn't unlearn riding a ICE Motorcycle. He clearly missed the exhaust note and the smell of exhaust gases.
Old 15th November 2023, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
why so? is it because of it being Electric?
Not so long ago I spoke to somebody that was riding a Zero SR/S Electric Motorbike and he said something similar too. But he was clear that his problem was that he couldn't unlearn riding a ICE Motorcycle. He clearly missed the exhaust note and the smell of exhaust gases.
No no, I have nothing against electric vehicles. Infact I loved how it started off the line - smooth and with some good torque (and I ride a Ninja 1000 which makes some serious torque as well). But at track speeds above 80kmph, the acceleration is just not there. Every straight, the bike was gasping to put on speed. The top end was quite disappointing - not just the top speed per se but also how you get there. Plus the weight - 200+ kgs for a bike which struggled past 120kmph.

One other thing I noticed was how quickly the battery drained - in my second lap at some point, the mode automatically switched to a lower power mode (forget the name) even though there was some 30 odd percent left. So I’m guessing at full throttle, the bike’s probably going to do maybe 7-8 laps in the highest power mode.

But I’ve heard there are batteries coming up with higher energy density, faster charging, etc - and the F99 might be packing something like that for all we know.
pavanmadhini is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks