Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 15:59   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh

Congratulations on the new bike. Sorry to hear about the puncture woes. My bike has reached the Kolkata showroom and I have requested them to deliver it with Outex (one of the sales people has sourced it). As per the dealership it will take up to 4 days for the Outex and accessories to be ready. I have opted to go with the OEM accessories even though they are priced a bit higher as compared with the aftermarket options due to ease of availajility. Was in two minds about the Auxillary lights, but reading through your impressions feel they are a must have. Showroom has the option of sourcing Denali D4’s (feel they are slightly pricy). Was wondering if I should continue with the same tubed tyre setup after the Outex. Any info on tyre setup or aux lighting will be appreciated.
sharad_kmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 19:42   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Check if the local Apollo dealer can arrange for a 21 inch tube and 18 inch tube. 18inch tubes are also available on amazon.

Thanks. I asked around a bunch of shops here, and only some of them have stocks for the front 21-inch. The rear is not available anywhere in Chennai in this size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
That's a nice looking bike! Especially the white colour is really nice. Heartiest congratulations!

Indeed! Honda hasn't offered a tubeless variant or an alloy version internationally. However, the dealer did offer to fit Honda Africa Twin's tubeless spoked rims, but they cost 1.4L!

I thought I'll probably go the OUTEX way and ensure I proactively replace it every 2.5- 3 years. It's far more economical.

Last edited by ampere : 24th May 2024 at 19:53. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 24th May 2024, 20:00   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I guess Sugidharan had made a post in his Instagram about a Transalp puncture and the ensuing difficulty in you getting a help, are you the one?

Yup! That was me. We were all riding together back to Chennai when this happened.

Quote:
My bike has reached the Kolkata showroom and I have requested them to deliver it with Outex (one of the sales people has sourced it).
Congratulations on your new purchase. Save for this one irritant with the tyres, this is a great bike, and I'm sure you'll love riding it around!
As for the Outex, that is a wise decision!

Quote:
Was in two minds about the Auxillary lights, but reading through your impressions feel they are a must have. Showroom has the option of sourcing Denali D4’s (feel they are slightly pricy).
IMO, Baja Squadron Sports is a better option, which I've ordered for myself. It comes to around 27k and I feel the illumination is pretty good for highway riding as it has a flood+spot hybrid. The D4s are definitely more powerful and put out atleast 40-50% more lumens - but also cost more. For my riding style which is mostly highway touring, the Bajas seemed VFM.

Quote:
Was wondering if I should continue with the same tubed tyre setup after the Outex.
If you wrap outex around the rims and still stick to the current setup, you'll still run into the same problem I have - fixing it in the middle of nowhere, in case of a puncture. My dealer advised to change to tubeless tyres if I'm going for outex. Considering those new tyres' high costs, I planned to do it much later.
Old 24th May 2024, 20:15   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

Can you share the Rim size if possible? to see the available tube options.

The front is 90/90 R21
and the rear is 150/70 R18

Front tubes seem to be available readily. Rear though, isn't.
Old 24th May 2024, 20:25   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_90s_car_guy View Post
The front is 90/90 R21
and the rear is 150/70 R18

Front tubes seem to be available readily. Rear though, isn't.
Thanks man.

On the rims you should be seeing a number like 4.00-21 or something similar. Can you share the pic if possible?
Old 28th May 2024, 19:57   #96
BHPian

Hello guys, just an update on my bike. Wanted to get it delivered with Outex and accessories. However the Kolkata dealership was unable to source it through regular vendors. I have ordered the Outex for Transalp 750 from Japan via an online reseller. Let’s see how the custom duties add up to the sticker price. The bike is ready and I am currently awaiting the temporary registration formalities for delivery.

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1025.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1024.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1023.jpeg
sharad_kmc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 06:55   #97
BHPian

An Update. The bike finally reached home. Used a bike delivery service from Kolkata (rolling wheels). They were pretty professional with the packaging and delivery. Got the bike at 11.55pm at night yesterday. The white looks impressive in person. I am 5’8 and my wife felt I was dwarfed by the bike.
This marks an end to about 2 months of waiting, I had booked the bike in March.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1058.jpeg  

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1063.jpeg  

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1065.jpeg  

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-688e26a6ddad42e2bccf659629181930.jpeg  

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1064.jpeg  

Last edited by sharad_kmc : 1st June 2024 at 07:02.
sharad_kmc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 09:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_kmc View Post
The white looks impressive in person. I am 5’8 and my wife felt I was dwarfed by the bike.
This marks an end to about 2 months of waiting, I had booked the bike in March.
Congratulations buddy! Personally, I really like white colour on bikes especially on Honda bikes and Transalp is no exception. It really brings out the proportions and you don’t seem to be dwarfed in any sense.

Glad that the delivery transport wasn’t messed up. Did Honda arrange it and how much did it cost you?
Old 1st June 2024, 13:43   #99
BHPian

Hello Camitesh, thanks buddy. The transport to my hometown (Jamshedpur) was via an independent bike transport company called “Rolling Wheels” in Kolkata. They charged me 15 Grand with packaging. I saved a working day, and was spared the Kolkata rains and traffic. Felt the service was well worth it.
sharad_kmc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 07:50   #100
BHPian

I finally went for a Sunday ride to the nearby trails with my riding group. The smaller trail sections had become satisfyingly slushy and provided a great feel. The bike felt balanced and could keep up with the fellow riders. Note: I was a Harley rider till a couple of months back and a recent convert to the ADV segment in my riding group. Transalp put a grin on my face and it felt like a total paisa wasool investment on my first long drizzly Sunday ride. Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1426.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1425.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_1424.jpeg
sharad_kmc is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks