Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2024, 14:11   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh

Thanks for the insight, will surely get the main stand in that case. The Honda showroom had given me the OUTEX option and had quoted a timeline of 4 days for the process. Unfortunately there is no way to ensure a good tubeless conversion where I stay, will need to trust the showroom people with it.
The showroom has vendors for Clearwater and Denali, will ask about Baja. Was thinking of getting Barkbusters, are they worth it ?
Old 15th March 2024, 16:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_kmc View Post
Thanks for the insight, will surely get the main stand in that case. The Honda showroom had given me the OUTEX option and had quoted a timeline of 4 days for the process. Unfortunately there is no way to ensure a good tubeless conversion where I stay, will need to trust the showroom people with it.
The showroom has vendors for Clearwater and Denali, will ask about Baja. Was thinking of getting Barkbusters, are they worth it ?
You don't have to stick with the showroom for lights. All the options can be ordered online and shipped to you. Clearwater is in my opinion not worth the price. Denali is good but in a similar price I feel Baja is better.

Bark busters are definitely worth it in my opinion if you are doing any kind of trail or off road riding.
VellVector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 20:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
You don't have to stick with the showroom for lights. All the options can be ordered online and shipped to you. Clearwater is in my opinion not worth the price. Denali is good but in a similar price I feel Baja is better.

Bark busters are definitely worth it in my opinion if you are doing any kind of trail or off road riding.
As long as the price differential isnt much then better to get it and installed by them. Barkbusters are certainly required as the levers are the first to break off/get bent in a fall.

Baja anyday, probably the Squadron Pros.
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 23:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_kmc View Post
The showroom has vendors for Clearwater and Denali
Sharad do check with the showroom regarding the aux light fitting. More often than not they may void warranty if you get the fitting done outside. Getting it done from the showroom itself is well worth it in such cases. The Denali D7’s are just brilliant, no need to go for Clearwater.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 20:10   #65
BHPian

Took a longer test ride of the XL 750 today.

Route - Big Wing Top Line - past Raj Bhavan and Windsor Manor, past Mekhri circle and U turn just before the flyover to Hebbal Circle - back towards MG-Road, Manipal Centre, Trinity Circle, Old Airport road and u turn at Indiranagar, old airport, mg road and showroom.

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240317-18.24.05-1.jpeg

Took the bike at 10:30 and returned just before 11:30 covering approx 23 km. The last 30 mins was heavy traffic with the bike heating up to 104 degrees at standstill.

This bike is a hoot with a giggle inducing motor when revved beyond 6,000 rpm which pairs very well with its very agile handling ! I love the very precise gearshift as well, there is slight lurch when engaging 1st, after that its all very smooth.

Engine reminded me of my elder brother's 1993 Suzuki Shogun, when he would go screaming around the ooru, with 12 year old me holding on for dear life as the pillion!
Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240317-18.24.05-2.jpeg

Ah ! The Japs, where would we be without their wonderful machines

To me personally the bike feels like the 2 wheeled spiritual successor to my beloved Honda City 1.5 EXi.

The XL 750 feels fairly bare bones - simple but very tactile switch gear, clear and simple display, no quick shifter, no cruise control, no gazillion electronic thingamajigs ! This is part of the appeal for me, as I intend to hold onto this bike for a very long time.

Riding position is absolutely perfect for my height, supremely comfortable.

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240317-18.24.06.jpeg

The horn button is only a tiny square and needs to be pressed not with the end of the thumb but the middle and takes some time to get used to it. The good thing is the horn is quite loud.

Excellent in heavy traffic and comfortable too. At speeds around 90 + with the ear plugs and helmet visor down, it was all very calm and quiet, So I guess the wind screen was doing its job. I felt with the ear plugs the lovely noise of the motor also gets muted quite a bit.

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240317-18.24.10-1.jpeg

In the pic above you can see the Honda genuine accessories for protection - engine bash plate (bottom), engine guard (middle) and frame protection (top) all in silver.

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240317-18.24.11-1.jpeg

I still feel engine heat management is excellent with only warm air making its way towards my feet. At no stage was it uncomfortable. But how it will be behave after longer rides is the question.

The XL750's fairly plane jane looks also means that the bike doesnt seem to attract a tonne of attention, which is a good thing in my books !

Now if only Honda could deliver the bikes faster.

Last edited by Redline6800 : 17th March 2024 at 20:16.
Redline6800 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:59   #66
BHPian

What is that red bike in the background?
Old 18th March 2024, 14:37   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
What is that red bike in the background?
That's the Honda NX500, updated version of the CB500X
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 08:40   #68
BHPian

The fairing and engine guard are in silver shade on this bike. Wanted to ask members here if they would prefer the black colour over the silver for the guard on the white bike? Somehow the silver engine/ fairing guard looks a bit plain Jane.
sharad_kmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 16:12   #69

Quote:
Took a longer test ride of the XL 750 today.
Thank you for your wonderful insights. It is very useful for owner-in-waiting folks like me.

Quote:
Took the bike at 10:30 and returned just before 11:30 covering approx 23 km. The last 30 mins was heavy traffic with the bike heating up to 104 degrees at standstill.

This bike is a hoot with a giggle inducing motor when revved beyond 6,000 rpm which pairs very well with its very agile handling ! I love the very precise gearshift as well, there is slight lurch when engaging 1st, after that its all very smooth.
I'm keen to know if you experienced any vibes on the footpegs, mirrors or handle bars? If so, at approx which RPM/speed?

Quote:
Now if only Honda could deliver the bikes faster.
Tell me about it
What's the delivery timeline in Bangalore like?
the_90s_car_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 18:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_90s_car_guy View Post

I'm keen to know if you experienced any vibes on the footpegs, mirrors or handle bars? If so, at approx which RPM/speed?

Tell me about it
What's the delivery timeline in Bangalore like?
I frankly didn't experience any vibes but then I couldn't go beyond 90 kmph in city traffic.

The highlights for me are that the bike is very very easy to ride in city traffic, sounds great and has manageable heat. This was an important consideration for me.

It's a great motor in my opinion but then all the moolah I'm forking out for the bike could also make me biased !

The motor reminds of my OHC which even today, 24 years later has no trouble revving to its 6800 rpm redline

Delivery is most likely April based on current allocations.

The other challenge is deciding on the accessories.
The bike I test rode had the optional tall screen, which I will need.

When compared to the Hepco & Becker protection, the Honda ones are approx 50 % more expensive.
I'm not sure they are 50% better in quality though.

Also not sure I like the silver coloured protection or black would look better.

On my list are:
Engine bash plate
Engine guard
Protection frame/pipes
Barkbuster handguards
Tall windscreen
Radiator Grill
Power socket

The Honda UK has a nice configurator with all the accessories for XL 750.
Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 18:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

They also have a 3rd colour, premium black. There is a square slot on the dash for both - this bike and the NX500/CB 500X - for the foglamp toggle switch. This isnt/wasnt available in India. Will you be getting that? Costs 25 pounds there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 18:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on booking this amazing motorcycle. I feel this is one of the underrated motorcycles, this can actually do a lot, it feels better than Africa Twin off the roads owing to its weight and does a very good job for on-road functions as well.

How do you feel the weight management on the motorcycle! Have you thought of considering 850GSA by stretching the budget a bit where you get many features that Transalp doesn't come with!

Have you had a chance to enquire about the upcoming Africa Twin! I'm sure it cannot be compared due to the huge difference in the price. However, One may look at if the difference isn't too much with the base edition of AT!

I assume you can get the rims from AT to fit on this so that you can go tubeless, have you had a chance to enquire about it!

I have heard that the QS is an option for Transalp, I don't see that on your list, are you not planning to go for that? Considering how Honda QS works, I think that's one of the easier ones to take a call!!
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 18:50   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
They also have a 3rd colour, premium black. There is a square slot on the dash for both - this bike and the NX500/CB 500X - for the foglamp toggle switch. This isnt/wasnt available in India. Will you be getting that? Costs 25 pounds there
Ah ! Wasn't aware of this !
I thought the space was for the power socket.
Will check with Ayush if the fog lamp toggle switch is available here.
I'm not sure on getting aux lights at this time. Maybe at a later date.

I had Maddog Alphas installed on my CB 350 and it resulted in mild vibes beyond 80 kmph !
Despite having grip puppies and using riding gloves.
It was very irritating on a bike which is so smooth.

Maybe Baja Squadron pros or Denali D somethings once my wallet recovers from the senseless beating it is about to receive!

There are also some lovely XL 750 tank decals available abroad which don't seem to have made it here. Will depend on the goodwill of friends and family to get it hopefully.

By the way your CB 350 posts were hugely helpful in my own CB 350 purchase, so thank you
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 19:47   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Congratulations on booking this amazing motorcycle. I feel this is one of the underrated motorcycles, this can actually do a lot, it feels better than Africa Twin off the roads owing to its weight and does a very good job for on-road functions as well.
The Honda Africa Twin has been a dream bike of mine for a long time.

A friend was kind enough to let me ride his 2016 Africa Twin DCT for approx 200 km and this was a key transformation in my decision making process.
He has 2 Africa Twins (1 in Dubai and 1 in Blr).
He had very high words of praise for the reliability, performance and quality of the bike.
He had a GS 1250 in Dubai previous to the Africa Twin.

Big Wing Topline service also received special praise from him. This was important to me. I'm okay being looted once while purchasing the bike. But repeating that experience on a yearly or 6 monthly basis for service is an experience I would like to avoid.

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-20231207_083707.jpg

I had never ridden a bike this large or heavy before and was blown away by the bike. Despite hard use the pics attest to the quality of a premium Honda motorcycle. The bike was great on the highway, with fantastic road presence, powerful, stable and comfortable.
The DCT was great in sport mode and the bike DOES NOT feel like an Honda Activa !

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-20231207_090505.jpg

It was after this ride that I realised while the VStrom 650, Versys 650 were good bikes I wanted something like the Africa Twin. Thing is it is near impossible to get a used Africa Twin (there is one now on TBHP Classifieds now !)

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-20231207_090511.jpg

After the ride I couldn't get the Africa Twin out of my head, how it sounded past 110 was brilliant. Even a pauper can feel like an emperor while riding that bike

Another change for me, was the sudden, incomprehensible death of a very dear friend and colleague (just a couple of years older to me) in 2023, who was a gem of a human being. This also resulted in me reevaluating my life.

If not now, then when ? If not me, then who?

Motorcycling has made a huge difference to me and the good thing is even an average and inexperienced rider (such as myself) can still get that same great feeling when riding early in the morning and seeing the sun rise! Being on a bike really does move the soul.

But I also realised that the Africa Twin with its off-road orientation was a bit too much for me. It has loads of kit I wouldn't use and there was of course the simple matter that at approx 22-24L OTR for the 2024 version it was simply too expensive for me.
I'm hearing the 2024 Africa Twin will be in showrooms from April.

The TransAlp to me was more affordable (relatively) and as a CBU from Japan will offer great quality (but maybe more expensive to maintain over the long run?)

I believe 90 bhp should be sufficient to keep me happy till all my hair turns gray (though this could happen sooner than i think!)

Did not consider the BMW GSA 850 beyond requesting a brochure. To me it has too many features that maybe problematic for the decade plus of ownership I envisage. A friend has it and he loves it by the way !

There is absolutely no scope sir for any extra budget as I have already mortgaged the happiness of future generations for this bike

The Africa Twin tubeless conversion for TransAlp is approx 1.45 L at the showroom, so not sure about this atleast in the near term.

The TransAlp has a fantastic gearbox and clutch combo and Quick Shifter will be an indulgence, maybe later in the ownership cycle.

Last edited by Redline6800 : 19th March 2024 at 20:03.
Redline6800 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 06:51   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Got to test ride both the TransAlp 750 (which i have booked) and the NX500 at Big Wing Topline Bengaluru today.
Images are of bikes due for delivery, test ride bike was different.

Hoping to take delivery this month or the next.
Congratulations. Whereabouts in Bangalore...?
How I wish manufacturers would start making Tubeless spoked wheels standard on Adventure Bikes. It's high time.
Outex, somehow worries me in the back of my mind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks