Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 23:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajbhoir46 View Post
Hi, Test ride bike did not have QS but i think it will come as an optional accessory
Thanks. I really wish they provide bidirectional QS. India should mostly get the EU configuration that is 91.7bhp and 75nm, if I'm correct reading it somewhere.
Honda BigWing Topline in Bangalore committed that they shall get back with more details, not sure if they're busy and I don't mind making another call to get more details but overall, it gives a feeling that they're either busy or least interested.
Old 4th January 2024, 23:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Bigwing Bengaluru don't have a vehicle for display/TD. It should arrive at the showroom end-Jan.
Old 6th January 2024, 17:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the display bike at chennai Bigwing showroom, unfortunately test ride is not available. Few days back I had test ridden the Himalayan 450 so some observations I have mentioned it, I know both are not same segment bike.
  • Bike is huge, once you sit on the bike, the tank and front fairing gives a feeling of sitting in the bike.
  • Weight is exactly opposite, bike feels extremely light weight. Himalayan 450 felt much heavier to lift of the stand, this feels more of less same as 390Adv, maybe just a little more heavy.
  • Seat height is 850mm but it feels lot lower, because the rear shock sinks in a lot once you are on the saddle (pre load was in medium). Also seats are narrow and have round shape on the side. 390Adv is just 5mm more but feels lot higher in comparison.
  • Seats are very comfortable, much more than 450.
  • Engine is very smooth, I revved it till 4-5k rpm and no vibes at all. Exhaust is very good sounding, proper loud, not like Versys 650 or V Strom 650. 270* crank angle like Interceptor 650 so nice note, I dont see the need for aftermarket exhaust.
  • Everything on bike feels and looks like it’s built to last.
  • The speedo console is good and all information is visible. The switchgear felt well made.
  • Engine oil sump is too low and protruding, sump guard would be a must.
  • Official spare parts are very expensive like sump guard is 48k and center stand 20k.

I am 172cms and was able to touch both feet down at the same time.
Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.54.27.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.55.11.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.55.13.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.55.19-1.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.55.19.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.55.20-1.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.55.20-2.jpeg

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240106-16.55.20.jpeg

Stupid oil sump (not my pic).
Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-ff602f6d012b4a08b48cd3934c8b8937.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th January 2024 at 18:32. Reason: Multiple clean up edits. Caps where needed (i —> I); typos etc.
Rahulkool is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 16:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

I found this series of episodes interesting where he's got the motorcycle just to create the content, test the motorcycle from different perspectives and it pretty much covers a lot, a few episodes yet to arrive though.
I wonder about Transalp's capabilities watching these videos or he's still unknowingly biased towards it!!

Old 21st January 2024, 16:03   #35
BHPian

Visited the Big wing Topline showroom, Chennai. The single bike that was on display has apparently been booked and is was being readied for delivery. It had a few accessories fitted up and was neat. The accessories that were kitted up were the tank and engine crash bars and the skid plate. They accessories were pretty neat.

However, few things seemed off.

1. Bike on display was the 2023 Model sold in Europe and not the 2024 Model that was recently unveiled at EICMA 2023. Not that there is any major difference but what needs to be kept in mind is that when watching review, confirm whether the review is for a 2023 model or the 2024 model.

2. Sadly when all the bikes and cars that are being sold in the current date are E20 compliant, the Transalp is only E10 compliant, not even E15 compliant. I do not know where and how this will affect the bike in the long run and also be suitable considering our governments push for ethanol blending. Please see the below images from the Owners Manual sourced online. The sales Rep did mention something like after the initial batch, bikes say available after March/April will be the 2024 ones and CAN be E20 compliant.

Name:  Country Classification.PNG
Views: 742
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  Fuel permitted.PNG
Views: 705
Size:  36.8 KB

3. The quick shifter is not available even as a accessory now. I believe this is standard on the 2024 model on which most of the reviews are on Youtube. Quick shifter also does not appear on the accessory list shared by Honda on their Big Wing Website.

This has brought to mind whether HMSI is doing a stock clearance of the Transalp 2023 by dumping them in India and pulling a fast one on the Indian Customers?

Would like to know others view on the above.

P.S.: Chennai Dealer mentioned that in Bengaluru, one transalp was delivered with the Tubeless spoke of the Africa Twin which cost about 80 k Extra. So any one worried about tube tyres have an alternate in hand.
skviknaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 16:19   #36
th2
BHPian

Any tbhp folks who have picked up the Transalp? Please post your initial views here. Big wing Bangalore tells me another batch is expected in Feb.
Old 6th February 2024, 17:31   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
Any tbhp folks who have picked up the Transalp? Please post your initial views here. Big wing Bangalore tells me another batch is expected in Feb.

I booked mine at the Chennai Topline dealership way back in early December'23. I was initially promised delivery by the 20th of Jan. The sales manager even assured me early Jan this year that two bikes had arrived from Japan and are temporarily held in Honda's yard in Delhi (?) ready to be shipped to Chennai. Then, a few days later he told me that due to huge numbers of pending orders, those two were diverted to Bangalore instead. Maybe check with your dealer again? I'm not sure if he was speaking the truth though. However, except the three deliveries in Chennai so far I haven't seen anyone else take delivery (I was already booking No #6 when I booked in Dec).

One good thing out of all this is that the next batch that's coming here is promised to be 2024 manufactured ones. The dealer isn't able to confirm if the QS will be included as standard in this one, though.

P.S: For anyone interested, I'm attaching a couple of pics to throw some light on the OTR price of Transalp in Chennai. One thing that stands out is the relatively higher cost of extended warranty - which even the dealer said was 70-90% higher than their initial estimates.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-20231213_155838.jpg  

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-20231210_130105.jpg  

the_90s_car_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 18:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
But it doesnt shown an option for my state unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Transalp or any other Honda big bikes (650cc and above) are only sold through Big Wing Top Line network of ~10 dealers.
I also got a response from Big Wing Goa that they don't deal in bikes over 500 cc. Even if you pick up from another city, service will be a headache.
Plus with the current pricing, doesn't the Triumph Tiger 850 make more sense?
Old 6th February 2024, 19:33   #39
BHPian

Is that illegal handling charges I see for both big bikes and locally manufactured bikes
Old 6th February 2024, 20:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_90s_car_guy View Post
P.S: For anyone interested, I'm attaching a couple of pics to throw some light on the OTR price of Transalp in Chennai. One thing that stands out is the relatively higher cost of extended warranty - which even the dealer said was 70-90% higher than their initial estimates.
The Bangalore OTR price is 13.96L !
So 78,000 more

I've been told to expect delivery in March.
Will go check out both the NX 500 and TransAlp. sometime this week.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 11:53   #41

Folks - what's the general feedback wrt Honda Bigwing servicing in terms of quality, network and pricing? Am debating between a few bikes - RE Himalayan 450, Honda NX500, the Transalp (I know, different category but damn, I like the bike!) and was wondering about getting spare parts etc. if I'm out on the road.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th February 2024 at 17:56. Reason: SMS lingo & typo. Please proof read content before posting.
Old 10th February 2024, 14:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Guys, if one were to choose between NX 500 and the Transalp how do they stack up? I know the BHP figure is double. Apart from that
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 15:44   #43
BHPian

This is an excellent comparison review between two middleweight ADVs that we might see together on our roads soon (T750 is already here).

Old 12th February 2024, 20:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, if one were to choose between NX 500 and the Transalp how do they stack up? I know the BHP figure is double. Apart from that
I test rode the Transalp and NX500 back-to-back, and the differences were striking. Here are my observations:

- The NX's clutch is incredibly light, perhaps the lightest I've ever experienced on a motorcycle. It's a blessing for navigating traffic jams and long rides. The Transalp's clutch functions as expected with no complaints.
- Both motorcycles feel extremely agile, but the NX's handlebar is noticeably narrower than the Transalp's, which aids in maneuvering through tight spots in traffic.
- The Transalp's initial power delivery feels eager, while the NX's power delivery is more linear. In city commutes, the Transalp's throttle response is sensitive to input, sometimes lurching forward with slight pressure.
- On the Transalp, I found the foot pegs placed exactly where I want my foot to go down at a stop, leading to multiple hits during my test ride. No such issue on the NX.
- Surprisingly, there were no heating issues experienced on the Transalp during a 45-minute city ride, which impressed me. The NX also exhibited no such problems.
- In terms of braking, the Transalp's bite and feel are superior, as expected due to its larger size.
- The NX's suspension feels plush for road usage but may fall short on rough roads due to less travel. The Transalp might fare better on hardcore offroading due to its slightly longer travel. Having said that, not a big fan of the basic suspension setup Transalp comes with. The rear is adjustable however it sags too much.
- Engine performance clearly favors the Transalp, which provides plenty of fun and a bassy, satisfying sound. The NX, on the other hand, feels more suited for relaxed riding, with sufficient power for comfortable cruising at high speeds.
- A downside of the Transalp is its tube-type rims, unlike the NX's tubeless setup. Converting the rear rim to tubeless is possible, but there are challenges with the front rim conversion. Alternatively, opting for ATAS tubeless rims with hubs is a costly option of 1.5 lakhs.

In conclusion, Honda has crafted both bikes well, and personal preference will determine which one suits an individual best.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img_0048.jpeg  

Last edited by Sachin_Nair : 12th February 2024 at 20:21.
Sachin_Nair is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 15:43   #45
BHPian

Since the BIG bikes of Honda are CBU units will it be a service concern in long term?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks