Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 19:00   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Woke up from my sleep and had a sudden itch to book the Transalp because of the VFM factor and it can be my one motorcycle which can do everything. But it doesnt shown an option for my state unfortunately.
Transalp or any other Honda big bikes (650cc and above) are only sold through Big Wing Top Line network of ~10 dealers.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 19:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Transalp or any other Honda big bikes (650cc and above) are only sold through Big Wing Top Line network of ~10 dealers.
So assume I buy my motorcycle from Mumbai Big Wing, would I have to go there for servicing the motorcycle? Or will Ahmedabad Big Wing handle servicing?
Old 31st October 2023, 19:39   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
So assume I buy my motorcycle from Mumbai Big Wing, would I have to go there for servicing the motorcycle? Or will Ahmedabad Big Wing handle servicing?
You will need to travel to the Top Line service stations for every service, to keep warranty intact. You can also check with the Mumbai dealer on conducting service camps in any of the cities near you. Or service it at an FNG foregoing warranty.

Regular Big Wing centers are barred from accepting these big bikes.

Related thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ng-owners.html (Honda reduces sales and service coverage for 500+ cc motorcycles. Options for existing owners?)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st October 2023 at 20:02.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 09:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You will need to travel to the Top Line service stations for every service, to keep warranty intact. You can also check with the Mumbai dealer on conducting service camps in any of the cities near you. Or service it at an FNG foregoing warranty.

Regular Big Wing centers are barred from accepting these big bikes.

Related thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ng-owners.html (Honda reduces sales and service coverage for 500+ cc motorcycles. Options for existing owners?)
A bhpian with AT used to get the Service Technician down from Mumbai to Pune for servicing. Don't remember how he managed the tools, consumables and how much (extra) he paid. But it might work for regular service provided that commute is doable and there are enough bikes to make it worth it.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 07:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
You will need to travel to the Top Line service stations for every service, to keep warranty intact.
Bigwing Topline had an option to get the bike serviced at customer’s location.
The would send a technician to service the bike with all necessary spares and tools. If I remember correctly, there was an additional charge of 5000 Rs for this service.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 14:20   #21

Really heartening to see Honda bring in this one.
I am curious to see if Honda brings in bikes from their DCT Lineup. The NC750X would be a very good candidate to test the Indian premium 2-wheeler market's appetite for a high-performance automatic (non-CVT).
The NC should also retail for around the same price point as the Transalp.
Old 10th November 2023, 22:07   #22
Team-BHP Support

The Transalp XL750 is now on display at the Bangalore Top Line showroom, Vittal Mallya road-

Honda XL750 Transalp launched at Rs 11 lakh-img20231110wa0082.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th November 2023 at 22:11.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 14:28   #23
th2
BHPian

I am told that the Africa Twin wheels are the of the same size as the Transalp. Tubeless wheels of the AT can apparently be swapped in on the Transalp. If true and possible, good that there is an option available at least. Can anybody confirm this?
Old 13th November 2023, 15:15   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
I am told that the Africa Twin wheels are the of the same size as the Transalp. Tubeless wheels of the AT can apparently be swapped in on the Transalp. If true and possible, good that there is an option available at least. Can anybody confirm this?
The hub might be completely different, and so will the braking hardware, abs systems included.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 22:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
When I had spoken to Bigwing at Mumbai they had told me that the Transalp can take the tubeless rims from the Africa twin. But at present they had no rims available.
Old 13th November 2023, 22:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger732 View Post
Really heartening to see Honda bring in this one.
I am curious to see if Honda brings in bikes from their DCT Lineup. The NC750X would be a very good candidate to test the Indian premium 2-wheeler market's appetite for a high-performance automatic (non-CVT).
The NC should also retail for around the same price point as the Transalp.
I had the NC700x from 2013 to 2023, and I commuted to work on it. I am not sure I would call it a high performance anything. Great for commuting, but nothing more. It has an awesome frunk, and a very efficient engine. Never did dealer service - ran perfect for 10 years with me doing all the maintenance. Fill it, shut it, forget it, it's that kind of bike. I used to get 70mpg. Thats it. It is a no nonsense commuter with a tiny gas tank. NC750x, bumped up the horse power tiny little bit because a lot of people in the US market were not happy with the power. I never cared much for the DCT, I like the control I have with old school- regular shifting.

The Transalp on the other hand seems more dirt worthy, little more power, bigger gas tank, better suited for touring and adventure riding. A good compromise for people who do not want the 1000cc 500lbs Africa Twin.

For things NC750x can do there are lots of bikes at half the price already in Indian market. According to me. a 390ADV would beat the NC in all departments.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 13th November 2023 at 22:59.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 23:30   #27

Any one managed to get a test ride in yet? I have been a Honda fanboy since childhood when i saw a documentary on the OG Fireblade being the erstwhile fastest bike in the world. At 33, a slightly more mature version of me is very interested in a agile but also versatile bike and the Transalp seems to fit the bill perfectly
Old 19th December 2023, 12:34   #28

I had taken test ride of Transalp in last week of November & it left a lasting impression. To be honest I got pleasantly surprised. Bike looks average in pictures but seeing it in person it has got nice stance & road presence. Seating position felt nice & neutral (my height is 5.9). Biggest positive was engine feel, It has got a meaty howl & is butter smooth. No vibes at all ! Although the test ride was of a short distance but managed to do decent speeds and the way it reached those speeds was commendable. Bike has got decent electronics package & personally i felt it could be the do it all one bike. Be it long distance touring, fast weekend runs or daily commuting. Only negative i think is tubed tyres. Honda guy told Africa twin tubeless wheels can be retro-fitted, but again no one has done it till now so no idea if that is really workable option keeping the costs in check. All in all a true winner of a bike !!!
pankajbhoir46 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 22:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajbhoir46 View Post
I had taken test ride of Transalp in last week of November & it left a lasting impression.
Do you know if there's a quick shifter on this edition in India? I heard we are getting the one that EU has, that comes with 90rwhp and not the one that is shipped to US.
Certain reviews in the US did indicate it has quick shifter. However, the Honda Bigwing here said it'll not come with quick shifter not even as an option from Honda! Pretty dry response overall. Looks like they're busy elsewhere, not so interested in selling Transalp.
Old 3rd January 2024, 09:45   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Do you know if there's a quick shifter on this edition in India? I heard we are getting the one that EU has, that comes with 90rwhp and not the one that is shipped to US.
Certain reviews in the US did indicate it has quick shifter. However, the Honda Bigwing here said it'll not come with quick shifter not even as an option from Honda! Pretty dry response overall. Looks like they're busy elsewhere, not so interested in selling Transalp.
Hi, Test ride bike did not have QS but i think it will come as an optional accessory, i did not check the power figures but trust me bike felt awesome to ride. I personally felt Honda Bigwing Mumbai team was quite enthusiastic with the new launches & they were very helpful during our visit to showroom.
pankajbhoir46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed