Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 11:08   #16
RMN
BHPian

Re: 2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review

While its disappointing to see Triumph loosing the premium experience due to Bajaj operations, the Speed is one gorgeous bike buddy. I use to have the previous gen Speed and 2 of the naked motorcycles I've been wanting to upgrade to are the Streetfighter & the new Speed!

Here is hoping you have a great experience with it and 0 warranty claims - which means you won't have to deal with Triumph that much
RMN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 11:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
While its disappointing to see Triumph loosing the premium experience due to Bajaj operations
Keerthi Triumph is one of the original Triumph dealers in Bangalore. I am not sure if they have come under Bajaj operations yet. Khivraj which has a vast KTM/Bajaj showroom network has opened up two new showrooms in Bangalore now.

Keerthi was always infamous in customer experience as seen across all forums, WhatsApp groups etc. Its very disheartening to see the same behavior being continued as other dealership have also opened to give them competition.
advstreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 13:27   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congratulations Captain. I was at the dealership a few weeks back enquiring on the Speed Triple for a friend - came to know one red was picked up recently. Glad to know it's a TBHPian. Sorry to hear of your delivery experience though!

I have forwarded the thread link to my friend (who has eventually booked the Street Triple RS with Keerthi) - the rest is upto him.

The biggest pain point I noticed was the heat - but not the usual wave of heat as with most big bikes. In the Speed Triple, that portion of metal frame below the tank gets very very hot and for me - that's exactly where my knee was rubbing when trying to hold the tank. Felt like a hot rod in constant contact with the leg. Did you face this? Or could just be something peculiar with their TD bike.
Thank you so much! The bike is a treat to the eyes and to ride as well.

I hope and pray that your friend doesn’t go through a similar experience!

Regarding the frame heating up, that is correct. I notice it when I am stuck in traffic, because my inner thighs make contact with it..however, while riding, after the first ride I made some slight adjustments to my riding posture and now I lean forward slightly and my legs are in contact with the tank and not the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor10 View Post
Beautiful bike sir. Congratulations and ride safe. Hardest part has to be keeping that monster within 3500-4500 rpm during the run in period.
Keerthi Triumph is honestly a sham, even Speed 400 deliveries aren't smooth according to other users. Unfortunately i think when you booked the bike, Khivraj Triumph weren't present in Bangalore. They atleast have slightly better experiences apparently.
Thank you so much!! And yes, I always have to keep looking down to ensure that I don’t go beyond 4500 RPM..waiting for the 1K service to be done!

Unfortunately, Khivraj had not opened their showrooms when I booked the bike (they only have bike bikes in their E-City Showroom).

I am just waiting for the fuel cap replacement to be completed under warranty. Post that, planning to take the bike out for long rides..will keep posting photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
Jeez! One brave soul.. chose to deal with Keerthi Triumph. I don't even live in Banglore, yet I know if there's one thing not to do, buy from Keerthi. Only an Army guy would dare it.
Jokes aside, it's a lovely machine. Wish you lots of happy miles on it. I own a Triumph too, Bombay based. Ride down here or cross the lovely twisties to Cochin for the service requirements.
Hahaha!! I guess we Army folks are a little stubborn when it comes to the end goal!
And thank you so much! Had the Khivraj SC not opened, the plan was to take it to Kochi/Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Congratulations Captain on fulfilling your childhood dream and it is indeed a beautiful motorcycle both in the looks and sound department

With the kind of power the ST produces you may consider investing on a good quality windscreen as the wind buffeting issue that is inherent to a naked motorcycle will definitely ruin the experience but on the brighter side unlike a fully fared bike you get the true experience of how it feels to ride at those speeds if you have the courage to hold on.

On the quickshifter, I would personally advise not to use it in city or while riding slow and I guess it is designed to normally work when the engine is spinning over a certain rpm just like we do with clutchless up shifts on our bikes which don't have this feature.

Also, please clean your chain and sprockets before you apply fresh lubricant to extend the working lifecycle of your chain and sprocket.

Many congratulations once again and hope the bike plasters a big smile on your face for years to come.
Thank you so much! Appreciate it! I have considered investing in a windscreen (read the triumph ones are useless so might look at the Puig one). Waiting for a trip outside India to purchase a few accessories for the bike.

I still prefer using the clutch to shift..probably need to do a few track days to get used to the quick shifter!

Thank you for the chain lubrication advice..will keep that in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
While it’s disappointing to see Triumph loosing the premium experience due to Bajaj operations, the Speed is one gorgeous bike buddy. I use to have the previous gen Speed and 2 of the naked motorcycles I've been wanting to upgrade to are the Streetfighter & the new Speed!

Here is hoping you have a great experience with it and 0 warranty claims - which means you won't have to deal with Triumph that much
Thank you so much! After the constant chasers, I was considering the street fighter ..but since the Speed was the childhood dream, chose to stick with that.

Unfortunately, I have already faced 2 QC issues (one was attributed to a loose butterfly valve - this was within 3 kms or riding post delivery - check engine error and transmission fault; the second one is the faulty fuel cap which just won’t close now! So getting that replaced under warranty. Don’t know when they would be getting the replacement part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
Keerthi Triumph is one of the original Triumph dealers in Bangalore. I am not sure if they have come under Bajaj operations yet. Khivraj which has a vast KTM/Bajaj showroom network has opened up two new showrooms in Bangalore now.
That was their entire excuse for not having the colour listed on their booking app/being unable to generate the booking form.

I guess they are not bothered with the negative feedback, considering their 400s are a hit and bringing in the money for them.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 31st October 2023 at 13:48. Reason: Quoted post edited
CaptainSpeedy25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 14:46   #19
BHPian

Man, what an ordeal!!
Hello from a fellow speed triple owner. 🙂
Although mine is a lot older than yours. 2014 Speed Triple 1050. My daily rider
2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-20230406_08501501.jpeg

I've had a chance to test the new speed triple once around the showroom, and it's a completely different beast. Very sbk like power delivery. She's a beauty!!

Cheers!
wolfy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 19:32   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSpeedy25 View Post
Hi All,

2014-2016

Joined the army training in Oct 2014 in OTA Chennai and the bike dream took a backseat. Till Mar 12, 2016 (my passing out parade date), it was about completing training and getting commissioned in the Army in one piece.
Hi Speedy, fellow Veteran here. Incidentally, I am also looking to purchase a triumph. Street triple RS in my case. How's the Speed on the weight handling front? Does it heat up uncomfortably in traffic? Let's catch up once DMs open up

Last edited by graaja : 31st October 2023 at 19:34. Reason: Fixing typos
TheM0nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 02:49   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on bringing home this amazing motorcycle and hats off to your patience with the piece of thrash that is Keerthi Triumph.

I’m astonished that such a pathetic dealership, which must be the most notorious of all big bike dealerships, is still not being brought to task by Triumph.
Darkcloud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 23:40   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Man, what an ordeal!!
Hello from a fellow speed triple owner. ��
Although mine is a lot older than yours. 2014 Speed Triple 1050. My daily rider
Attachment 2524054

I've had a chance to test the new speed triple once around the showroom, and it's a completely different beast. Very sbk like power delivery. She's a beauty!!

Cheers!
She's a beauty! I miss the underseat exhaust pipes. Can only imagine the symphony the arrow exhausts make! Cheers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheM0nk View Post
Hi Speedy, fellow Veteran here. Incidentally, I am also looking to purchase a triumph. Street triple RS in my case. How's the Speed on the weight handling front? Does it heat up uncomfortably in traffic? Let's catch up once DMs open up
Ah another vet! Awesome!

The Speed is amazing..very nimble and SBK equivalent performance. The heat is a given cause of the CC but if you're not caught in peak traffic, then bearable. But on the highways/empty stretch is where the bike shines!

All the best for the street triple! I was about to book the Cosmic Yellow but because they did not have a confirmed delivery date, I decided to go ahead with my dream bike.

Absolutely! Let's do that. Would be great to connect and plan a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
Congratulations on bringing home this amazing motorcycle and hats off to your patience with the piece of thrash that is Keerthi Triumph.

I’m astonished that such a pathetic dealership, which must be the most notorious of all big bike dealerships, is still not being brought to task by Triumph.
Thank you so much! Keerthi dealership really needs to get their act together. But given the success of the Speed 400 and now the Scrambler 400, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th November 2023 at 22:52. Reason: Extra dots deleted
CaptainSpeedy25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 21:21   #23

Small update (at 290 kms of riding now - most of it is city riding, with a bit of highway):

1. Rain vs. Road mode: Had the opportunity to take the bike to the new airport road on 01 Nov and open the throttle (went from rain to road mode and instantly noticed the difference). Throttle in the rain mode used to seem stuck - most likely to limit the power delivery. Road mode makes the bike come alive and even a small twist of the throttle = instant and insane power delivery. Now I have moved to using the road mode. Building confidence to explore the Sport mode.

2. Cruise control: Also had the opportunity to try cruise control. Have to press the SET button twice to set the speed. Twist of the throttle/braking disengages cruise control. Press RES and the bike reverts to the speed it was at. Tested it for a short duration only since the bike is still in running in period and I was advised not to use only one speed/RPM for long.

3. The RTO process was pending verification and it was almost a month since the process was completed by the dealer (Keerthi Triumph). Since I was tired of the "It takes 60-90 days for all details to be updated and RC to arrive" statement from dealer, decided to go to RTO directly and see where the hold-up was! Went to the RTO (KA03) on Friday (03 Nov 2023) and spoke to a bunch of people (made the sales team also speak to them). Initially, the RTO maintained that the file was not submitted. However, one chap (Deepak) finally took pity on me, took down the Registration number and promised verification would be completed the same day. At around 6:30 pm, got a message that verification was complete and details were updated on Vaahan and DigiLocker. Forwarded the snapshot to the loans POC and he confirmed physical RC was not required. Insurance however (IFFCO Tokio) stated that they would only accept physical RC copy, so will have to wait for that to arrive.

2. Faulty fuel cap: Order has been placed for a replacement part (will take 30-45 days). Have taped the cap to prevent spillage for the time being. Took it to Khivraj (E-City) today (04 Nov 2023) for a second opinion (the showroom and service centre are co-located and the people seem so much more welcoming there). They tried their best for a temporary fix but did not want to void the warranty so advised to revert to taping the cap again.
CaptainSpeedy25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 08:39   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on your new speed triple. Looks fabulous and I've seen this in person and looks a whole lot better. It is heart wrenching to see such a pathetic response to a superbike delivery. Looks like the focus has shifted to the quantity in numbers with the launch of the 400. My last visit to Keerthi, 95% of the crowd was all for 400. The rest were for a test ride of tiger and one for HSRP plate which also was a botch. As one of your friends posted, don't let the showroom experience ruin your dream of this superbike. This truly is a 'super' bike. :-).
lancersfx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 22:01   #25

Update at 1180 Kms and after the 1st service @1000 kms:

NOTE: My friend christened her "Harley Quinn"!

Had been taking her to office daily and on long rides on Sundays to hit the 1000 km mark ASAP! Cleaned and lubed the chain at around 500 kms (Used Muc Off Chain cleaner and Putoline Drytech Chain Lube - ordered it from Custom Elements). Have also purchased the Pinlock Earplugs from Orion Motors (Koramangala) and they are a blessing in disguise.

Chain looked brand new after the TLC. Also, every time I look at her or take her for a ride, I am grinning from ear to ear. The feeling is hard to describe in words but has to be felt. Owning your dream bike is indeed a fulfilling experience!

A few photos of the beauty before her service:

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-f537a4ed81e94de0b8f53df75869f4df.jpg

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-341efe17328f4f91bffda941d3c89632.jpg

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-c2eba15843f14bb7a5e987f9c6a9c254.jpg

At around 930 Kms, couldn't hold my horses anymore and decided to take the beauty to Khivraj for the 1st service. Did not have any prior appointment and dropped in at around 2:30 pm on 25 Nov 2023. Went to the E-City Showroom-cum-service centre since they are the ones who service both small and big bikes. Surya instantly recognised me from my last visit and told me he would try to deliver it on the same day despite a steady inflow of 400s for service (was really impressed with Khivraj's commitment to the big bikes, unlike a certain "notorious" dealer/service centre). Also inquired if they had the scrolling indicators in stock and Surya confirmed they did indeed have it. Decided to get those installed as well since that was the plan from the start. Got an estimate of 29K for the LEDs and Labour and 9K for the service. Got the following done in service:

1. Oil change
2. Coolant top-up
3. Chain clean and lube
4. Complementary wash and polish

The entire service and installation of the LEDs was completed by 6 pm but while getting the billing processed, was met with a challenge since the bike was still reflecting under Keerthi Triumph's name (the migration to Bajaj systems is a pain and the Speed 1200 RS is not reflecting in their system. Both Keerthi and Khivraj folks tried raising a fresh enquiry on their LSQ app but were unsuccessful. They tried to connect with the Triumph India team but no luck. Special mention to Gaurav from the Khivraj sales team who tried his level best to sort out my issue. Finally they gave me a hand written bill, promising to sort it out by Monday/Tuesday and sharing the pdf of the bill). Was finally able to move out of the service centre at about 7 pm. Final bill was 37.7K.

Video link for the scrolling LEDs:

The LEDs are super sleek and enhance an already beautiful bike.

Nov 26, 2023:

Decided to take Harley out for a spin after her pampering. Planned to take her to Nandi Hills and then Kolar Cafe Coffee Day. Also took out my Alpinestars 2 piece and the matching SMXV2 boots for this ride. Did a U-Turn from Nandi Hills' foothills cause of the traffic. Did more than 200 kms and it was a pleasant ride.

A few photos from the ride:

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-img_2045.jpg
2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-img_2054.jpeg

Though I saw many bikers with their groups, did not feel like intruding on their rides so decided to do my own ride (am anyway still getting to know my way around a superbike so did not want to slow them down). Might stop and say Hi the next time!

Went to Keerthi after the ride and collected my extended warranty booklet that was finally punched.

Now waiting for the replacement fuel cap to arrive from Triumph UK. Have also placed an order for the Evotech Performance Rectifier Guard from Superbikestore.in. Hoping it would get delivered in December *fingers crossed*.
CaptainSpeedy25 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 20:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Captain - it's a treat to see your bike! Glad I got an opportunity to sit and feel the bike for once

Those scrolling LEDs does enhance the overall visual appeal! Have a great ride, always and forever!
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 07:42   #27
Team-BHP Support

Just realized I have seen your bike in the showroom, while shopping for the Street Triple as I mentioned in an earlier post.

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-img20231001wa00211.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 03:24   #28

Quote:

Now waiting for the replacement fuel cap to arrive from Triumph UK. Have also placed an order for the Evotech Performance Rectifier Guard from Superbikestore.in. Hoping it would get delivered in December *fingers crossed*.
Update on the fuel cap and other accessories:

Dec 7, 2023: Got a call from Keerthi Triumph SC that the replacement fuel cap was delivered. Dropped off the bike and was assured that the bike would be delivered by the afternoon the next day.

Dec 8, 2023: Got a call from the SC that the bike was ready for delivery. Went to collect the bike at around 5:30 PM. The fuel cap was replaced under warranty so did not have to pay for the part/labour charges. However, Triumph India/Bajaj had not updated their app to include Speed Triple 1200 RS in their inventory. So they could neither close the job card, nor generate the bill.

Photo of the tank and fuel cap post replacement:

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-fuel-cap.jpg

Dec 31, 2023: The Evotech Performance rectifier guard from Superbike.in was delivered (Rs 6899 including shipping). The package included the rectifier guard, two Allen bolts and two rubber grommets (lost 1 rubber grommet unfortunately).

Tried to install it myself after watching a Youtube video. However, was unsuccessful because the seats had to be removed to install the same (did not have the necessary tools). Went to Highlander to see if they could help but their mechanics were on leave.

Jan 1, 2023: Spoke to Surya from Khivraj E-City in the morning to confirm whether the SC was open and he replied in the affirmative. Reached the SC at around 11 AM and requested Surya to install the same. It took about 30 mins to install, post which he took it for a test ride. Took the delivery around 11:45 AM (Surya did not charge for the labour cost).

Photos of the rectifier guard, before and after:

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-rectifier-guard.jpg

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-rectifier.jpg

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-rectifier-guard-installed.jpg

Purchased the Arai RX7X Ghost - Japan model (Size L) (Rs 63000) from Lanesplit in Delhi. Had visited Pathpavers the previous day but they did not have Arai/Shoei helmets in my size. Planning to get replacement visors from Thailand in Feb/Mar. Also purchased the Cardo Freedom 2X (Rs 19499) from Pathpavers.

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-helmet.jpg

Tested the helmet in the city to see if it is comfortable (my round shaped head means that most of the helmets create hotspots on the sides after 30-45 mins of usage). Thankfully, the Arai did not give me that issue. Additionally, the vents work like a charm and are really easy to operate. The chin curtain did help in reducing the wind noise (was barely audible). Super excited to test the helmet on the highways over the weekend!
CaptainSpeedy25 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 21:13   #29

Update at 2400+ KMS: A series of unfortunate events:

Heard somewhere that when you're on a motorcycle, believe that the rest of the world is out there to get you and ride accordingly. This proved true today (Jan 29, 2024). I had taken Harley out for my commute to office at around 10:30 am. At around 11, while navigating the traffic-ridden Marathahalli underpass to merge onto Old Airport Road (and subsequently to ORR), the worst possible thing happened!

A four wheeler banged into my barely moving motorcycle from behind and knocked both me and my bike to the ground. While I escaped with scratches on my left ring finger, the bike was on its left and in a relatively bad condition. The culprit in this case initially refused to accept her fault (despite there being clear signs of the same on her front (left) bumper). Finally when the witnesses gathered and pointed out her fault (and also saw the damage to my bike, she accepted and said she would pay Rs 2000 to cover the damages, which left me flabbergasted! An initial inspection of the left side of the bike had the following damage:

1. Scrolling LED indicator broken,
2. Handlebar mirror damaged,
3. Engine cover damaged,
4. Clutch lever broken,
5. Gear lever twisted,
6. Rear foot-peg (left) damaged,
7. Tail-tidy damaged

All my appeals to call up the cops while I tried contacting the Triumph showroom and local language speakers fell on deaf ears. But luckily, within 15 mins of this, a cop appeared (since I refused to move till the lady stepped out and shared her insurance details). In the meantime, I was able to connect with Varun, Likitha and Renju from Keerthi Triumph, who calmed me down to some degree and immediately got in touch with the RSA as well.

With the cop on the scene, I tried explaining to him the extent of the damage caused and how the "Rs 2000" offered will not even cover anything. He, in his infinite wisdom, unfortunately started siding with the lady, who also accused me of harassing her (since I kept asking for her 3rd party insurance). It was only when I told the cop to address me properly (Ex-Army) and that I was the victim here, did he mellow down. I told him I would not move till I got the insurance details from the driver, to which the reply given was:

1. This is not my car, it is my husband's,
2. I don't have 3rd party insurance,
3. I also have kids and don't want you to suffer,
4. I will pay whatever difference amount is (which your insurance will not cover)
5. (and the most surprising - from the cop) The car is 2012 registered and you'll barely get any insurance money if you claim her insurance.

In all the exchange that happened between the cop and the driver in the local language, I figured that he wanted her to scoot and not get into the mess (few things I overheard/could decipher: This is a new bike; his insurance will cover everything; give your number to him and he will contact you).

Ultimately, I clicked a few pics of the damage to the bike, the car bumper and then told Likitha to arrange for RSA from my office and left. However, since I was too disturbed by the entire incident and could not concentrate on work, I told Likitha to cancel the RSA and that I would come to the showroom myself.

At around 1:30 pm, reached Keerthi Triumph, where Renju, Varun and Likitha assessed the damage (we could hear a ticking sound from the left side near the engine) and shared the same with the service centre. Confirmed with the service centre that we were on our way and reached around 3 pm with Varun and another SA in tow. From then, connected with the insurance company (IFFCO TOKIO), filled up a few forms, clicked a few more pics of the bike and my documents, to upload on the insurance company's app and got a job card raised (thanks to Thejas for the help and big shout-out to Varun for staying with me till this was complete).

Thejas also assessed that the handlebar was twisted a bit and that the radiator guard might be a bit off, which might be the cause of the ticking sound. The insurance assessor called in the meantime and confirmed that he would come assess the bike the next day (Jan 30, 2024). Left the bike at the service centre with a heavy heart, and told both Thejas (unfortunately he's moving to the new service centre in Kanakapura Road) and the service technician that once the damage was assessed, I would take the bike back, till the parts were available (did not want to leave her any longer than needed).

Now waiting for the events to unfold, and keeping my fingers crossed that all the parts are sourced ASAP (and covered by insurance) so that I can ride my beauty again.

A few photos from the incident:

1. Damaged mirror and clutch lever

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.09.jpeg
2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.10.jpeg

2. Damaged indicator

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.10-1.jpeg

3. Damaged engine cover

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.10-2.jpeg

4. Damaged rear foot peg

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.11-1.jpeg

5. Damaged gear lever

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.11.jpeg

6. The physical injury

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.17.jpeg

7. The culprit

2024 Speed Triple 1200 RS (Carnival Red) | Booking, Delivery & Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-13.40.11-2.jpeg
CaptainSpeedy25 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 22:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
In all the exchange that happened between the cop and the driver in the local language, I figured that he wanted her to scoot and not get into the mess (few things I overheard/could decipher: This is a new bike; his insurance will cover everything; give your number to him and he will contact you).
This is the sad state of reality in this country. I went through a similar incident recently when I was driving my car. The person who rear ended me got off and was trying to argue that I braked sharply so my fault and that my bumper was already cracked. Wifey being the feisty her got down to support me but this guy tried to shut her up saying ' jab do mard baat kaerin to aurat ko beech me nahi ana chahiye' . These types of people call themselves educated and abound in India. After not admitting fault I just grabbed his number and moved on but I guess better sense prevailed for him and he actually paid up after I sent him the repairs bill. Bill amount being small probably helped.
Another thing I have noticed, like in your case is that, if you don't speak the local language then your are tremendously disadvantaged in these kinds of situations. I have been in few and every time I came away being completely shattered by the experience. I have spent time abroad driving and riding and I say this freely- I felt infinitely safer that I feel here. You are just one incident away from being shown your place. A crowd would swoon upon you, and most would side with the people who shares their vernacular.

Good luck with the repairs and hope you put this behind you soon!
doga is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks