Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2024, 22:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Spied Testing: Triumph Daytona 660

I like the front end. Gives off a 2005 Yam R1 meets current CBR650R vibe.

Maybe should have called it the Sprint 660 instead of Daytona but thats just me. Will definitely sell if priced well which I know Triumph will.

Last edited by loki : 9th January 2024 at 22:30.
loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 22:54   #17

Triumph hit it out of the park with this one. While I, too, crib about using the Tona nameplate for this Trident triplet, I believe with 95 PS at its disposal, it will be a more practical roadster than the track monster that the 765 was.

Looks: With the Daytona beak in front coupled with Tiger headlamps, this bike looks like a cross between the two bikes and looks stellar.
Power: Bumped-up torque and hp figures will surely excite people who are betting their money on the recently unveiled CBR650R (But I won't be surprised if Honda launches it at least in 2030 in India).
Handling: Adjusted rake angle assures better handling and nimbleness that the Daytona was known for. And sure it screams better than the other two 660s with added throttle bodies.
Maintenance: Triumph is known for longer service intervals and they don't go overboard with pricing, unlike the Yamahas and Hondas. And it's relatively easier to maintain a triple than a four in terms of mileage.

Overall, it's the sports tourer that can be turned into an occasional track weapon on demand. Out and out, the worthy contented in the middle-weight segment.

Shut up and take my money, Triumph!
TheEcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 00:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
It's a disappointment that they didn't use the Moto2 765cc triple. That would have been neck and neck with the Kawasaki ZX-6R, if not better.
This is a sports tourer/everyday bike. The 765 engine with that tune won't make sense. How can a relatively lardy bike with relatively relaxed ergonomics be neck and neck with a supersport? A Daytona 765 with bump in power would surely come in future when the time is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
This is cheaper than the Tiger 660, so I assume around 9L. I don't know why anyone would buy this over a striple though. If people want a fairing and a windshield the ZX4R exists for a bit cheaper.

First time I am seeing a European bike that is heavier than its Japanese rivals. Ninja 650, R7, ZX4R, and a potential CBR750R are all lighter than this. A bit disappointing on paper.
I did not think Triumph could make an ugly bike but they've finally done it. That line going over the zero in the 660 in the bottom fairing is ugly.
All but the potential 750R are less powerful than this. the Ninja 650 is not even close. THe ZX4R on paper is close power output wise but the torque figure is not. And let's be honest the ZX4R is rarely going to be the first big bike for someone. It's, always going to be overlooked for not being a 600!

I actually found this very nice looking. TBH you seem to have not so mainstream tastes given you meant Triumph never made ugly bkes. I won't call them ugly but Triumph roadsters are known for odd/quirky designs and would rarely be called beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post

Maybe should have called it the Sprint 660 instead of Daytona but thats just me. Will definitely sell if priced well which I know Triumph will.
I actually have my doubts on this being priced well. The tiger 660 was priced much higher than the trident even though the engine tune is same and chassis almost same-think suspension had more travel and was adjustable for preload. If they charge that much more for some different bodywork and minor changes then this won't come cheap.
doga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 11:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong. Nnja650r has a kerb weight of 196kgs, CBR650R is 211kgs, GSX-8R is 208kgs. Only the light R7 is sub 190kgs. This on par with every other middle weight sports tourer.
Also the ZX4R but you are correct. I did say my disappointment was on paper. I think it is a little unfair to compare this with the Honda 650, just as I compared it with the Ninja 650. The Honda 750 is more modern and a better show in this segment. I expect a Honda twin to be as refined as a Triumph triple, making the 750 a real rival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doga View Post
All but the potential 750R are less powerful than this. the Ninja 650 is not even close. THe ZX4R on paper is close power output wise but the torque figure is not. And let's be honest the ZX4R is rarely going to be the first big bike for someone. It's, always going to be overlooked for not being a 600!

I don't think people in this segment look for power. If they want more power, the striple is right there like I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doga View Post
TBH you seem to have not so mainstream tastes given you meant Triumph never made ugly bkes. I won't call them ugly but Triumph roadsters are known for odd/quirky designs and would rarely be called beautiful.
Perhaps. I do think the bug eyed striple and rockets look better than a trident (which also looks great) but surely I am not in the minority !

Most bikes except the Tiger lineup are priced around the british price, just in INR. Anyway, feel free to ignore my comments, I am just another keeboard warrior who lurks these threads occasionally to see if there is a worthy upgrade to a KTM390.
hikozaru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 00:46   #20
BHPian

One of the famous names in the motorcycle world has returned, but only the name is the same now the new one cannot replace the old 675 in the same way but I think this will appeal to a wider audience as this can be more of a sport tourer whereas the older one was a pure track-bred beast.
Old 11th February 2024, 18:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

India-bound Triumph Daytona 660 priced at Rs 8.98 lakh in Europe

Triumph recently unveiled the new Daytona 660 globally. Now, the company has launched the bike in Europe at a price tag of 10,045 euros (approx Rs 8.98 lakh).

Spied Testing: Triumph Daytona 660-daytona660.jpg

The new Triumph Daytona 660 will also make its way to India soon. The new sport tourer is the third model in the 660cc range, which includes the Trident 660 and the Tiger Sport 660.

In terms of design, the motorcycle features split LED headlamps, a TFT display with smartphone connectivity and plenty of other features.

Powering the motorcycle is a 660cc in-line 3-cylinder engine producing 95 BHP and 69 Nm and is paired with a 6-speed gearbox. The bike gets 41 mm USD forks at the front and pre-load adjustable mono-shock at the rear. Braking is handled by dual 310 mm discs at the front and a single 220 mm disc at the rear.

The Triumph Daytona 660 rivals the likes of the Honda CBR650R and the Yamaha R7.

Source: BikeWale

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 22:10   #22
Team-BHP Support

Triumph confirms imminent launch of the Daytona 660 in the Indian market -

Spied Testing: Triumph Daytona 660-screenshot_20240313_220736_instagram.jpg

Spied Testing: Triumph Daytona 660-screenshot_20240313_220814_instagram.jpg

Spied Testing: Triumph Daytona 660-screenshot_20240313_220831_instagram.jpg

Meanwhile, international media drive is in progress.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th March 2024 at 22:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 10:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 2582547

Meanwhile, international media drive is in progress.
That picture of all those black Daytonas makes me think of Henry Ford's "You can have it any colour as long as it's black" quote

The MCN review mentioned quite a few changes from the Trident 660's engine. Will be interesting to see how different it is from the Trident and Tiger Sport 660s.

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 14th March 2024 at 10:49.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 19:48   #24
Team-BHP Support

India Spec Triumph Daytona 660 starts arriving at the dealerships -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks