Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 20:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumoto View Post
Hey man... It was you, who bought busa and made a shocker announcement to your dad by letting him see the delivered bike and nearly gave him a big shocker, Right?

That was an old thread and I vaguely remember it was a Blue Busa. But in the garage picture you are showing a white one so I was confused... And later i can see it was a blue in your garage and probably that white one should be from others to OCD..
Yup, I am the same guy and only change this time being Dad knew about this purchase and it was not a last minute shocker like the Busa.

Pictures in my Garage Profile are of my Blue Busa not sure where you saw a white one? Sumant's (OCD) white Busa is only seen on my Busa (Bluebird) thread when I did the Nano Graphene ceramic coating at is place last May (2022).

Last edited by SnS_12 : 24th April 2023 at 20:28.
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 22:52   #17
BHPian

Congratulations once again SnS_12 for the suave Italian! It’s great to see the ownership log come sooner than later. Looks like there is absolutely no angle in which this isn’t a beauty. It looks drop dead gorgeous in each pics, I must say.

This being the BS3 version means more unadulterated fun.
Out of curiosity(and me being lazy), is this 848 the iteration of model which was used in Matrix movie in which Leo’s girlfriend rescues a doctor and ride a Ducati with pillion ‘wrong side’ on a freeway?

Also, going by the way you maintain your logs, I hope to get a regular feed of 848 pics and updates.
abhi_tjet is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 23:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Out of curiosity(and me being lazy), is this 848 the iteration of model which was used in Matrix movie in which Leo’s girlfriend rescues a doctor and ride a Ducati with pillion ‘wrong side’ on a freeway?
That was the 916 in the movie. It was manufactured from 1994 to 1998.
The 848 derives its looks from big brother 1098 which itself was inspired by the 916. Before the 1098, Ducati had 999 with vertically positioned twin lamps.
Being a 2012 model the 848 would be BS4 compliant.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 00:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations once again SnS_12 for the suave Italian! It’s great to see the ownership log come sooner than later. Looks like there is absolutely no angle in which this isn’t a beauty. It looks drop dead gorgeous in each pics, I must say.
Thank you. I was initially planning to put this thread together sometime end of this year by when I would have completed the running in process. However, I had so many pictures clicked already and didn't want the hassle of finding them on my phone later on to post it here and also since the whole experience is fresh in my memory it was easier for me to pen it down now than think and trying to remember the finer details after six months.

Quote:
The one in the Matrix movie was the 996 which was based on the 916.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
Being a 2012 model the 848 would be BS4 compliant.
This is a BS III variant as we moved from III to IV in April 2017.
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 07:32   #20
BHPian

You lucky man ! That bike is an Absolute Unit. Badhaiyaan !!

It was the 848 Evo which made me fall in love with superbikes/sportsbikes back in the day. I used to ride my Pulsar 200 pretending it had twin underseat exhausts

I drooled for years and when I started earning in 2010, the 848 Evo was my only goal. I saved literally every rupee I could, but my story was to have a sad ending.

2014 came with the news of the discontinuation of the 848 Evo, and just like that, my Superbike/Sportsbike dream also came to an end.

Honestly, I was so heartbroken that I could never come to like any other bike after that point, and then gradually became a "car guy".

Your post had huge nostalgia value for me, and I congratulate you. You have my dream bike. Ride safe, but Redline it frequently. I'll be smiling thinking of your antics on the bike. Atleast someone is getting to live my dream )
Dcsastudent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 14:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Excellent write up buddy and heartiest congratulations!!! you brought back memory of my arctic white 848 evo which I sold off a couple of years back.
It's parked at the Ahmedabad showroom and honestly still looks much better than the other bikes under the same roof.
Just a small correction - this isn't the corse edition. the corse edition came with an aluminium tank and a total different paint scheme with the Ducati quick shifter, Ducati data analyser, Ducati traction control and adjustable ohlins suspension along with bigger brakes if I am not entirely wrong.
samyakmodi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 14:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsastudent View Post
You lucky man ! That bike is an Absolute Unit. Badhaiyaan !!

Your post had huge nostalgia value for me, and I congratulate you. You have my dream bike. Ride safe, but Redline it frequently. I'll be smiling thinking of your antics on the bike. At least someone is getting to live my dream )
Thank you brother and hopefully you will get an opportunity to own one as well.

I am given to understand the power delivery on this is brutal in the midrange and top end. I am yet to experience the full potential but redlining it on our roads is something that I always mindful of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Excellent write up buddy and heartiest congratulations!!! you brought back memory of my arctic white 848 evo which I sold off a couple of years back.

Just a small correction - this isn't the corse edition. the corse edition came with an aluminum tank and a total different paint scheme with the Ducati quick shifter, Ducati data analyzer, Ducati traction control and adjustable Ohlin's suspension along with bigger brakes if I am not entirely wrong.
Thank you brother and I have read about your bike on TBHP.

On the Corse edition as per the internet there were limited edition models of the 848 EVO which were "Corse" and "Corse SE", where in the SE stands for Special Edition. All the above addons you have mentioned were on the SE model including a Ohlins rear and the Showa shocks on the front with 330 mm front disc compared to 320 mm with the same Brembo monolbock calipers.

Also, the import documents mention all the four bikes imported from Italy were Corse Special models and not Special Edition. Now, what difference the Corse Special models had is something only Ducati, Italy can confirm
Old 26th April 2023, 13:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bianca, my old new Ducati 848 EVO Corse

SnS_12, congratulations on your new 848 Evo Corse. While the styling of modern Ducatis (especially once the V4s came in) has been rather polarizing, these slightly older Italians are timeless beauties.

Do you have any plans to take it to the track? Im sure that it will be a fabulous experience.

I will admit that I got really confused as to whether your bike was an 848, an 848 Evo Corse or an 848 Evo Corse Special Edition! It took me down a fascinating rabbit hole yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
I consider myself to be extremely lucky to have had this opportunity to enter the world of Ducati Superbikes with an 848 EVO with no electronic aids like the current gen bikes and not even ABS and only your right wrist actions keep you upright and alive after each corner and this is what delivers one of the best and pure sport bike riding experience.
This part made me think that your bike was the base 848. As some readers will know, the base model didnt come with ABS or any other life saving technology.

The subsequent model, which was the 848 Evo Corse, came with 8 levels of traction control (DTC), a quickshifter (DQS), fully adjustable Ohlins and so on.

Since you mentioned the 848 Evo Corse Special Edition (and that bike also comes with the DTC, DQS, Ohlins etc) multiple times in your writeup, there was even more confusion for eagle eyed readers !

Quote:
The lightweight Trellis frame and single-sided swingarm enable a compact and weight-saving rear suspension linkage system, which features separate lower pick-up points for the push-rod and fully adjustable Showa single shock suspension unit. This ‘tandem’ design effectively reduces stress around the linkage pick-up area of the Trellis frame. The 848EVO Corse Special Edition raises the specification even higher with a fully adjustable Öhlins rear shock offering enhanced feel for performance-hungry sport riders.

Monobloc brakes

Ducati Superbikes have always been famous for their incredible, track-derived braking performance and the 848EVO is no exception. Featuring Brembo’s powerful Monobloc calliper racing technology applied to 320mm discs, the EVO’s incredible braking capability is a result of Ducati’s continual quest for responsible performance.

Machined from a single piece of alloy, the callipers achieve a higher rigidity and resistance to distortion during extreme braking. The resulting increase in hydraulic efficiency not only delivers incredible braking power, but also provides an enhanced and precise ‘feel’ at the brake lever. The twin Monobloc callipers each have four 34mm pistons that grip 320mm discs to help generate planet-stopping braking.

The 848EVO Corse Special Edition takes that Monobloc braking experience to the next level with full Superbike-style 330mm front discs.

Instrumentation

This pure racing digital instrumentation originating from Ducati’s MotoGP project has no switches or buttons to compromise its clean, minimalist lines. Instead, information additional to the default read-outs is managed from the left-hand handlebar-mounted switch gear, allowing the rider to scroll through and select from various menus.

The display, which has a bright white LED back lighting presents rpm and speed, with the former displayed across the screen in a progressive bar graph. Optionally, the rpm and speed can be displayed in numeric values. Additionally, it displays lap times, DTC level selected (if activated on the Corse Special Edition) time, air temperature, coolant temperature, battery voltage, two trips and a trip that automatically starts as the fuel system goes onto reserve. Warning lights illuminate to signify neutral, turn signals, high-beam, rev-limit, low oil pressure, fuel reserve, DTC intervention selected (if activated on the Corse Special Edition) and scheduled maintenance. The instrument display is also used as the control panels for the DDA (available as an accessory by Ducati Performance), DTC and DQS systems as well as listing lap times recorded by using the high-beam flash button as a stopwatch.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 15:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bianca, my old new Ducati 848 EVO Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
SnS_12, congratulations on your new 848 Evo Corse. While the styling of modern Ducatis (especially once the V4s came in) has been rather polarizing, these slightly older Italians are timeless beauties.
Thank you Neil. This one indeed is a timeless beauty and can be admired all day long.

Quote:
Do you have any plans to take it to the track? Im sure that it will be a fabulous experience.
No immediate plans as such and I have never ridden a motorcycle on a track yet. And If I do in the near future then it will be the Busa first even though the 848 is more suited for the track.

Quote:
I will admit that I got really confused as to whether your bike was an 848, an 848 Evo Corse or an 848 Evo Corse Special Edition! It took me down a fascinating rabbit hole yesterday.

This part made me think that your bike was the base 848. As some readers will know, the base model didnt come with ABS or any other life saving technology.
Yes, this is really confusing and my dilemma started when the custom papers mentioned the bikes listed as 848 EVO Corse Special. On searching the internet I found the below on the Bennett’s website but I don’t think there is traction control and definitely no quick shifter on mine.

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-6e4be88cd90f4404bcf3cb762e1b53f3.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-3de0862a9ab6475fb27b822cb13d8c17.jpeg

So, I spoke with no_fear’s elder brother yesterday and he said our bikes have to be the 848 EVO as officially there is no Corse model for the 848 series. So only three official models the 848 followed by 848 EVO and finally the limited edition 848 EVO Corse SE. And the mention of Corse Special in the custom/import papers is only semantics.
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Its been one week since Bianca came home and I haven’t taken her out as I have ordered new timing belts and front fork seals and dust caps as they have done hard die to age and non usage of the bike. So am avoiding riding the bike till these things are taken care off. Since, these parts had to be ordered I didn’t have them changed before taking delivery as that would have meant waiting another few weeks before the parts arrive. Timing belt are being arranged by Ducati, Mumbai and the seals and dust caps I have ordered from US and are currently at customs in Delhi.

The other challenge with Italian’s is the current leakage which drain’s the battery down faster than the Japanese. On my Busa I have started it even after a month without any issues but can’t take that chance with Bianca and also being an L twin puts up heavy load during startup so battery needs to be in top shape always. Since I don’t have a plug point facility in my garage I can’t put a battery tender to take care of this issue so plan to start her up every 7-12 days if I don’t ride it on the weekends which will be the case in monsoons.

Can’t get enough of these underseat exhaust pipes.

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-7ad9bf6df24b4c8bb3c089ccb29abc8d.jpeg

As they are not Titanium pipes they take considerable time along with the bike to cool down

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-9c6d0b3a287e4f199cb3a2200cf9b6b7.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-8c93f83e187d4e579de8e7c8168047ed.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-9f485f90c3eb4e8287bbb7f9cd308a89.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-9e45f2d6c4224f90bb4a4346d3e1deb9.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-5fef07aff7cb4890bbc862f3d6b91edf.jpeg

But Bianca and Bluebird both take the same time to come up to temperature. I let the bike run till the thermostat opens up and the coolant starts to flow through the system. The fan on Bianca comes on around 103 and shuts down around 96-95.

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-242f203f685440dfbf9b75e094c7cbf7.jpeg

Warming up the three of them

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-ca7d28276fae43759203230659c672b0.jpeg

Had my cousin come over and a few family members down from Kerala whom I was meeting after almost a decade and they were awestruck looking at the bikes. Looked like a mini bike meet up

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-919a5591f4d840379e11d5b49228bee7.jpeg
SnS_12 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The other challenge with Italian’s is the current leakage which drain’s the battery down faster than the Japanese.
Common feature - the immobilizer drains the battery very fast. If you don't want to ride the bike now, detach the battery.

It's not a good idea to turn the engine on a new bike and run idle. The engine oil does not get to the temperature needed to mix with unburned fuel and internal moisture, thus reducing it into a poor lubricant. This causes engine damage in the long run.
no_fear is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 12:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Since this bike has been parked and never ridden for over a decade from the time it landed in India there were two things that I wanted to change which couldn’t happen before the delivery of the bike which was the fork seals and the timing belt.

Both these parts had to be ordered and I didn’t want to delay taking delivery of the bike. Got a quotation from Ducati, Mumbai and they quoted 12.5k for a pair of timing belts and 12k for a set of fork seals, wow, welcome to the world of Ducati I said. My friend suggested we order the belts from Ducati as the price they have quoted sounds reasonable and the seals I can order them online. I wanted to change the oil seals along with the dust caps as I had done on my Busa on its 5th year service and went searching online for the best price and quick availability. I went in for NOK (Japanese) manufactured oil seals along with dust caps and ordered them on Orient Express Racing website in the US.

The Dust Seals set was for US$ 38.45 and the fork seals for US$ 34.08. Now, the dilemma was shipping was more expensive than parts and I had no friends coming from US immediately so added another set of fork seals to the list. The items reached my home in 10 days and including shipping and customs I paid a little over 20 k for all these small items.

The timing belt is expected this week so my friend asked me to drop the bike off so he can start dismantling the fairing to do the job. Being a holiday and the weather also was not that hot I went for a early morning spin to Bandra before dropping off the bike.

Some pictures…

Two set of fork seals and one set of dust seal.

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-2d2664ce590d411693b6736aa26017a7.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-0eaadea699a541f4b4f94d5b56258269.jpeg

Getting blessed at Mount Mary Church in Bandra. Being a Italian it had to visit a Church

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-c5ef7d83f06246d7b2cadd34bb5f560a.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-7e9ad2557ec14a1c952cc9f03cf183a9.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-2bf40ec3652441e1939261978ff27791.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-46f9211088b2492592256fc67a9fe191.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-c8a02a6872bc4cb0b292642d308e5a94.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-b3d5600ea74e4947966d9e8d3e7970fc.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-e1bf780776004bb0b2e0481a229cafa1.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-c1a8eea54c4d450bb65900b1d193b204.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-e3eeb4e4ccea41659d5b96ed3fc41deb.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-0ba858cfed3b44cd85ad278dae05b132.jpeg

Since I was in Bandra I arranged to pick up a model car, which I had ordered long back and didn’t get the time to collect it earlier. Hence, decided to do it today and the last time I picked up one on the Busa.

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-0618cbbada9e4dab88592071b216a45e.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-3410cf71a1484c4f8941458f75f2c3e0.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-073796ade4994ea385de3b0c6356dec7.jpeg

Italians really know how to design a bike really really well. The cutout in the fairing for the side stand.

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-444ab674ad16402d820e6bf400932c43.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-bbe4777875da412384f234b089bc376d.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-c39286ab048144fd93b042c67738cbf0.jpeg

Magnesium front sub frame. Piece of art.

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-7c3a9cbdfba641edb38162c362888f56.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-154464e55241471d8f2ddef28912f4ae.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-1e99382720624f8aa9de469d28b05f5a.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-c7cf592ce61e44f29e77004fc87d1f81.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-774a974700a142658b6b8a4f1985abe4.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-b60e8bee7ae84a4b8f7f77288e7f3058.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-2dbde053a4a44362828fe9736664f5c9.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-52211916e9854b998802a2f9a2a6b79b.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-d41c5981c38441d1b088306e00291fbb.jpeg

I rode my RX on Saturday and its a proper pocket rocket and I enjoy redlining it while filtering through traffic. Bianca, on the other end is a beast which you enjoy filtering through light traffic on the highway. Sixth gear 4-5k rpm will see you around 110kph but any slower and you have to down shift and unlike the Busa you can’t ride the torque wave at low speed. Also, on bumpy roads one has to be careful and if you’re not you can be thrown off the bike in no time. This one demands a proper Moto GP track to be ridden hard and well or else it throws its tantrums in it own unique ways.

The bike was showing a coolant temperature of mid 70’s in light moving traffic. As long as your moving it stays around 80’s and if you’re crawling or stationary then it remains in the high 90’s. But the engine and exhaust note is a treat to the ears and i keep opening the visor to have some more of it.

Shall post updates on the timing belt once the work is done.

Last edited by SnS_12 : 1st May 2023 at 12:42.
SnS_12 is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 09:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Was killing time yesterday evening waiting at the dentist and did some photo editing of Bianca on my phone of the pictures that I clicked on the Monday ride before dropping it off at my friends place. The Italian beauty looks drop dead gorgeous from all angles and I can keep clicking pictures of her all day long

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-31cffaab09a543149aead34daeec83b5.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-3e7df498ad9544ac8606b8b4d4d89e1d.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-82d344a6c1314c658b197f9717c95938.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-9fdae5bf4b21476fa6d02150863c9e76.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-9208d951a63f46499200f350e2e9c8d3.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-7e1c3c0d50544c80af0281baae7b52b7.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-3c16af1dbaa74557a26481333923f14b.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-68f7adfd759a427b9c80016bac063a65.jpeg

Ducati 848 EVO Corse Review | Story of Bianca-da7fc4f83a3a4ee385055f8064507967.jpeg
SnS_12 is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 08:41   #29
BHPian

Wow !! Awesome bike and well displayed with the wonderful pictures.

Pardon my limited knowledge of superbikes but what is the real use of these Pillion seats. I don't think they are comfortable for a person sitting on it for long rides ? Can one really enjoy the long ride with his partner at backseat :-)

Last edited by SinghBHP : 4th May 2023 at 08:43.
SinghBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 10:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Wow !! Awesome bike and well displayed with the wonderful pictures.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Pardon my limited knowledge of superbikes but what is the real use of these Pillion seats. I don't think they are comfortable for a person sitting on it for long rides ? Can one really enjoy the long ride with his partner at backseat :-)
On this one the pillion is not going to enjoy the ride and probably can do a 30 min spin provided its on open road. For the rider (me) it will be a bigger pain if the pillion shift all his/her weight on me while riding/braking as I already have a lot of weight on my wrist because of the seating/riding position.

On my Busa the pillion seat is really comfortable but one needs to be brave to sit on the back for the speeds that bike can do.
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks