Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2023, 00:23   #106
BHPian

Re: How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R

This whole experience has shook me with fear. This is not the kind of treatment anyone has to go through let alone a premium motorcycle customer. The Boneville T120 is my all time favourite motorcycle and it will stay that way but I will own one in the future someday not relying on such incompetent showroom/service team. Would definitely import parts on my own and find an expert FNG mechanic who is a doctor of Triumphs (if there is someone like that). I wish you all the best. May you find the right solution.
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 09:28   #107
BHPian

Re: How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R

I really wanted to get a Tiger 900, but this thread forced me to shelve that option. Hope Triumph will wake up and understand how much these issues are hurting their sales
sanchit223 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 14:56   #108
BHPian

Wanted to upgrade to a triumph tiger. The service as usual is a bit dodgy in my part of the country.I have a Harley custom 1200 with me for the time being serving my riding fix. Looking at the Triumph horror stories online I would rather wait for the Africa twin or look at a preloved BMW 1250 GS. The way the situation has been handled speaks volumes about how triumph treats Indian customers.
sharad_kmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 22:55   #109

UPDATE 16/10/2023

I have collected the bike. The bike is in run-in period for the next 1k KMs. The few KMs that i have ridden so far, the engine seems okay, I will know the bigger picture after the run-in.
The 2lac Rs as previously negotiated was paid to collect the bike. NO invoice was given on that billing. NO parts list or work done has been shared. They have assured to share it with me as soon as possible (which i highly doubt).
They made me sign a bunch of documents and disclaimers which summed up to that I am satisfied with the work carried out by Keerthi and is as per my expectations. On that document before signing I wrote all the issues pending and the demand for sharing of parts and work carried out list.
Few cosmetics (eg LHS fairing) have been claimed to be ordered and will be made available foe the 1st service, besides that they need to install a tank protector, they have also lost the radiator guard.
I was told that waiting for all issues to be sorted out in the over crowded service bay which is flooded with S400s would be asking for more handling and cosmetic damages.
A BIG shout out to Raghu and Jaggu for all the help extended and for all TBHP members for taking the time stay connected, sharing experiences and advice during the post.
Safe riding
Cheers and regards
Attached Thumbnails
How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-img_20231010_1602044182.jpg  

How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-img_20201025_110917_525.jpg  

accidental.doc is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 08:05   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by accidental.doc View Post
I was told that waiting for all issues to be sorted out in the over crowded service bay which is flooded with S400s would be asking for more handling and cosmetic damages.
Makes sense. Speed 400 volumes are far more than they can handle, at least till the other service centers open and ramp up.

I hope the other pending issues are also resolved soon.

OT: Do you own that RC8 in the background? Wow, that's a rarity!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 10:46   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

OT: Do you own that RC8 in the background? Wow, that's a rarity!
Yes I do , the GODZILLA, the last of the analog monsters . Orange is the new black !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-screenshot_20231017104217.png  

How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-screenshot_20231017104336.png  

accidental.doc is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 22:31   #112
Senior - BHPian

Been following your saga for a while now, happy that you've gotten the Triple back. The bike surely needs some TLC for all that bike's been through. Do we have a ownership for the RC8? If not, do take the time to jot down the experiences and I reckon you do have a 390 for everything else.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 00:57   #113
BHPian

Damn @accidental.doc how did you manage to get your hands on a RC8. Kindly let us know more about it.
Old 19th October 2023, 11:29   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I do , the GODZILLA, the last of the analog monsters . Orange is the new black !!!!
Hi doc. A bit OT but do you take the RC8 for maintenance work at highlander? I have seen one a few times there.

Also hoping for the best for the Daytona, hope you get the new panels and have a tension-free ownership form this point in time.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 13:07   #115

The RC8R is a 2012 model. I had to sell my soul to the devil to get my hands on the bike and to get it legally registered as a RC8R (one of the 2 registered so in India).
She has no electronics whatsoever. She is scary fast and lifts the front wheel of the ground in any gear. The speeds it achives are effortless and can easily decive you into thinking you are at a lower speed till you look down at the speedo. I am actually SCARED of the bike. The bike is super light and nimble. The only drawback is getting stuck in city traffic with the rapid snatchy throttle response and the engine heat melting your riding your gear and the proverbial family jewels (pun not intended).
And the Kiska design ,pure origami.She is art. The Lamborghini of motorcycles. The only other bike that is more gorgeous in the sharpness is the Kawasaki H2/R.
I get the bike maintaince done at Vperformence, Indiranagar, Bangalore with Vikas who is a good friend of mine. I get the parts( eg filters ,spark plugs ) shipped from Germany on a annual basis from a rider friend over there. It costs me 25 to 30K a year for the basic maintenance.
Someday I will write a detailed review and my thoughts on the bike .
She is a keeper like my Daytona to be buried with me.
Attached Thumbnails
How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-screenshot_20231019130242.png  

accidental.doc is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 18:34   #116
BHPian

Quote:
The RC8R is a 2012 model. I had to sell my soul to the devil to get my hands on the bike and to get it legally registered as a RC8R (one of the 2 registered so in India).
There are a few more RC8R legally registered in India, including mine. There are 4 in Delhi. I believe a total of 7 RC8R were imported to India back in 2012-13 by KTM and displayed at dealerships. Glad to see that one is in your hands. It is a keeper for life.

Mine says hi to yours from Delhi.

How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-img20221217wa0017.jpg

How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-20230204_200959.jpg
no_fear is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 19:22   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
There are a few more RC8R legally registered in India, including mine. There are 4 in Delhi. I believe a total of 7 RC8R were imported to India back in 2012-13 by KTM and displayed at dealerships.
Clarification - I meant on the vahan portal. There are 2 out of 3 remaining in Bangalore.
Do you guys have a group ? DM me if you do so.i can get on the group regarding spares and maintenance
I will avoid RC8R conversation on this thread any further so as to stick to triumph and Keerthi bashing.
Hopefully start a new thread on the RC8R.
Cheers
accidental.doc is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 16:58   #118
BHPian

Absolutely aghast at the audacity of Triumph India. Ruining your bike and selling it back to you for 2 Lac with a shoddy paint job and engine work that apparently merits espionage level obfuscation and subterfuge. And brand new scars and dents to boot. Absolutely gutted reading about your harrows. All the best for the run-in. Praying and hoping your next update is a lively one.
Old 20th October 2023, 18:44   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
UPDATE 16/10/2023

I have collected the bike. The bike is in run-in period for the next 1k KMs.
So happy that things are mostly fixed finally. Wishing you a trouble free bike now on.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 11:04   #120

UPDATE 22/10/2023

The bike is taken for its first ride on 22/10/23 morning. During the ride these were the sequence of events-
@Odo reading of 66KM warning light comes on
Bike pulled over to the side
Engine turned off
Key turned back on
The bike refuses to start, there is no fuel pump noise , gear indicator remains in zero irrespective of whichever gear the bike is in
Keerthi unreachable, service manager no response
Tow truck called, reaches after a few hours, reached home after a few more hours
After getting home the bike starts and the warning light and the check engine light remains ON

SUPER ANGRY and AGITATED with the experience, this is absolutely not acceptable. Not something to expect after Triumph India plant intervention and assurances.

Theyhave not shared the invoice /bill, parts replaced, parts repaired and engine work done either
Attached Thumbnails
How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-img_20231022_101648243.jpg  

How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R-screenshot_20231022103439.png  

accidental.doc is offline   (44) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks