Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2023, 21:03   #16

Re: Honda CB 650R warped rear brake disc problem | 1152 km & < 3 months but Honda is rejecting warra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
Went for the first service

This is really sad. I can understand how frustrating it feels when something happens with the bike. Wanted to know how do you manage to get a mileage of 20+ kmpl?

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th February 2023 at 21:37. Reason: Fixed Quote.
Old 16th February 2023, 18:43   #17
BHPian

Re: Honda CB 650R warped rear brake disc problem | 1152 km & < 3 months but Honda is rejecting warra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_86 View Post
Wanted to know how do you manage to get a mileage of 20+ kmpl?
Initial 1000kms I followed the break-in recommendation as mentioned in the owner manual. No hard acceleration and never crossed 100kmph mark.

Now a days I get 24-25 kmpl on highway when I keep the max Speed less than 110 kmph. I get 18-20 kmpl in the city. I also get single digit fuel efficiency but cant tell you the details .

I believe at the same highway speed CBR will return better fuel efficiency than the CB.
PetaWatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 17:35   #18

Hey buddy,

Not that I am an expert but I think three things could have happened:
1. Either someone hit your vehicle while parked and impact was taken by brake disc.
2. You were using the brake, it got hot and suddenly there was a splash of water on the disc, maybe from a pothole or something.
3. The disc was having manufacturing issue, due to high heat it warped.

Suggetion is, if dealership/service center are not entertaining the free replacement and other parts around the brake are not damaged then just pay and get new disc, and enjoy your bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks