Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 17:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak launched at Rs. 31.48 lakh

Ducati has launched the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak in India with a price tag of Rs 31.84 lakh (ex-showroom).

Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak launched at Rs. 31.48 lakh-multistrada-v4-pikes-peak_4.jpg

The Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak gets a Desmosedici GP ’12-inspired livery and comes with a wide range of carbon fibre components, a titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Ohlins front fork in an anodised gold finish, two-tone black and red rear saddle with the V4 logo and the Ducati Corse badge on the beak.

Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak launched at Rs. 31.48 lakh-multistrada-v4-pikes-peak_1.jpg

Powering the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak is a 1,158cc, V4 engine that develops 168 BHP and 125 Nm. Weighing in at 214 kg, this sports tourer is lighter than the standard V4 S by 4.4 kg.

Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak launched at Rs. 31.48 lakh-multistrada-v4-pikes-peak_2.jpg

Being the flagship variant, the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak comes loaded with tech. This includes electronically adjustable suspension, riding modes, power modes, ABS Cornering, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, Ducati Cornering Light, Vehicle Hold Control, Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Detection.

Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak launched at Rs. 31.48 lakh-multistrada-v4-pikes-peak_3.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 10th October 2022 at 17:10.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak launched at Rs. 31.48 lakh

Ridiculously priced over the regular multistrada v4s. I wonder how many will actually buy this considering the multistrada is primarily used for touring - and with pikes peak's aggressive riding posture and thinner seats - it is not ideal for any long distance travel.
If someone wanted a sports bike - wouldn't they simply go for the panigale v4 - which is a mighty machine!!!

This I neither here nor there - and at that price point I have my serious doubts whether it will find any buyers.

OT : World over they have started delivering 2023 models - and in india we are now getting a 2022 model. They've also launched the tour variant of the multistrada v4 which pitches it directly against the world champion BMW 1250 GSA. let's see how it pans out.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 11th October 2022 at 11:16.
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Ridiculously priced over the regular multistrada v4s. I wonder how many will actually buy this considering the multistrada is primarily used for touring

World over they have started delivering 2023 models - and in india we are now getting a 2022 model.
4 have already been booked and sold in Delhi. When the model was globally launched, the demand was extremely strong to the extent where the booking process was stopped as Ducati HQ had no more quota for India deliveries.

This is a 2022 / 23 model. Due to supply chain issues, especially the Akra exhaust and the single side swing arm, there have been multiple delays, especially for Asia, as the India models come from the Thailand plant.

The price is definitely bonkers but Ducati has a very strong franchise and is still selling its stuff after a 15% price hike.
no_fear is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
4 have already been booked and sold in Delhi. When the model was globally launched, the demand was extremely strong to the extent where the booking process was stopped as Ducati HQ had no more quota for India deliveries.

This is a 2022 / 23 model. Due to supply chain issues, especially the Akra exhaust and the single side swing arm, there have been multiple delays, especially for Asia, as the India models come from the Thailand plant.

The price is definitely bonkers but Ducati has a very strong franchise and is still selling its stuff after a 15% price hike.
Interesting!!
I was aware of Ducati putting stops for any new bookings (worldwide) - but what I meant was from our Indian perspective.
I am not sure how many bikes they will be able to sell after the initial blip. I sincerely hope I am wrong and they sell a decent number.
Old 11th October 2022, 11:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Interesting!!
I was aware of Ducati putting stops for any new bookings (worldwide) - but what I meant was from our Indian perspective.
I am not sure how many bikes they will be able to sell after the initial blip. I sincerely hope I am wrong and they sell a decent number.
The pikes peak is a limited edition non numbered run. Ducati will keep producing them until they hit their production run or the orders stop after completion of their sales target.

For every country, they allow dealers a certain quota. If the dealer doesn't fill it - he loses the chance to order anything. For future orders, the dealer is put at the back of the queue. To compensate for this, Indian dealers pro-actively reach out to existing customers and notify of new releases to secure slots, especially for limited edition runs. For India, unless there are new bookings, for now the Pikes Peak is officially sold out.

I don't think it will sell double digits. But it's a niche model meant to stimulate demand and showcase the Multi's talents.

Last edited by no_fear : 11th October 2022 at 12:18.
no_fear is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 23:03   #6
BHPian

The closest I’ve come to understand the appeal of this bike is from the below post written by one of India’s most famous Multistrada fans/riders:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVnrpH0g...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Assuming I had the kind of money to choose between the Panigale V4 and this one (which I don’t), I’d go for this any day. Like someone called it (I don’t recollect who) - this is the world’s fastest armchair, and I can imagine myself going to office on. Wouldn’t touch the Panigale for a city run in Bangalore.
Old 12th October 2022, 00:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
I don't think it will sell double digits. But it's a niche model meant to stimulate demand and showcase the Multi's talents.
Thanks for the Ducati insights and behind the scenes information no_fear, really interesting.

I have been studying both these models a wee bit and like this uTuber called Rembo. He has used a Multistrada V4S for 26-27000 miles and recently sold his 4VS for the Pikes Peak. In the below video he explains who should be buying which bike and why. The video and even the comments make very good reading.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 12th October 2022 at 00:24.
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 00:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Saw a 2022 Pikes Peak (also for delivery) in the flesh during my V4S delivery. A few observations.

It was fitted with a Akrapovic full system exhaust. The full system exhaust has two pipes going into the end can while a slip on has only one. The exhaust sound is really, really loud and would be irritating to me hearing it all the time, besides costing ~INR 4 lacs

Apparent differences compared to the V4S:

The rear end looks sharper due to the single sided swing arm. Handle bars a little lower, less wider and foot pegs slightly rear set. V4S rear tyre size is 170/60 17 with Pirelli Scorpion II tyres and a 19 inch front wheel. Pikes Peak rear tyre size is 190/55 17 with Pirelli Rosso Corsa tyres and a 17 inch front wheel.

The Pikes Peak seems to me also for someone who wants a more sportier version of the V4S with a 17 inch front wheel because power and torque figures are exactly the same except for an extra Race mode on the Pikes Peak which could have a more aggressive fuel map. Stock to stock version I believe the Pikes Peak weighs only ~3 to 5 kilos less.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks