Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2023, 01:52   #46
BHPian

Re: The All-Rounder | My Kawasaki Versys 650 | Ownership Review

As we end the year, some updates on the Versys.

Soon to complete 2 years in Feb 2024, the Versys has crossed 16k kms and its odometer is climbing steadily.

The All-Rounder | My Kawasaki Versys 650 | Ownership Review-2023-versys.jpg

AOM Handle-bar

The All-Rounder | My Kawasaki Versys 650 | Ownership Review-2023-versys-handlebar.jpg

Currently I have removed the risers and installed the AOM handlebar. This has totally changed the handling of the bike. Versys now feels much more nimble and direct. Changing handlebar was done by self and help of a friend.

I also have flipped the front and read sprockets. The chain seems to be doing well, and would probably last another 7-8 thousand kilometers. The benefits of keeping the chain clean and lubed well is very evident.

LED Set

The All-Rounder | My Kawasaki Versys 650 | Ownership Review-2023-versys-leds.jpg

Next, the Versys now sport a set of LED bulbs which 8000 lumens and are much more brighter than the stock bulbs. The installation was done by myself and it is a 5/10 difficulty DIY.

Front brake pads are still stock, however the rear one wore out and a Vesrah brake pads is now handling the rear braking duty. I have learnt a few techniques which have given me confidence to use the front brakes more.
My usual reaction while needing to slow down is, shifting down a couple of gears, applying both brakes and using the engine braking. All these things are done simultaneously and are muscle memory so everything happens automatically, they help me slow down quickly and effectively. Also keeping an eye for far-away objects, riding in the center lane when possible and ability to detect moving objects in the peripheral vision have helped avoid sudden braking events.

To conclude, the Versys now runs the below enhancements/upgrades.
  • Zana Crashbars
  • Hexa Center-stand
  • Hexa Panniers
  • Hexa Top box
  • HJG 40W aux lights (soon to come off)
  • Maddog Alpha aux lights
  • AOM Handlebar
  • Pro Spec Windshield Extender
  • Vredestein Tyres (stock size)
  • Autobahn LED bulbs
  • Zana GPS mount
The All-Rounder | My Kawasaki Versys 650 | Ownership Review-2023-versys-full.jpg
The All-Rounder!
iamahunter is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks