Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 22:53   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

MV Agusta gets authorized service center in India

MV Agusta severed it's ties with Motoroyale in 2020, leaving the current owner in a fix. The current owners apparently struggled to get the parts and get there beloved bikes serviced.

These italian beauties are not necessarily easy to maintain and knowhow of the internals is not widely available. FNG did step up and helped current owners but lack of authorized channel to get the geniune parts would have been definitely missed.

This should change soon, as MV Agusta finally has an authorized service center and have appointed Motopit Gurgaon as there autorized service center in India. Not only will they service the MV bikes but will also be sourcing geniune spare parts. Will they be selling them over the counter is still a question and should be answered in coming days, if yes, it should be really helpful for customers across the country to keep there bikes up and running.

MV Agusta Service Locator

MV Agusta gets authorized service center in India-mv-agusta.jpg

Join me to congratulate our very own bhpian @no_fear to make this possible. Knowing his expertise with bikes and some of his absolutely brilliant threads, I am sure the second innings of MV would be a success, and current owners should feel better. Wishing the very best to him and hopefully we get more centers around the country as people down south too would love to get the bikes serviced from authourized channel.

Now only if MV can sort out distribution sometime soon and get the F3 to India soon, I will probably be happy to swap it with my Panigale.

Last edited by AtheK : 18th February 2022 at 23:09.
AtheK is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 10:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: MV Agusta gets authorized service center in India

The re-establishment of the authorized service channel for MV Agusta through the appointment of the Lanesplit as India's only authorized service provider is such wonderful news for the Indian motorcycling community. After the iconic Italian company burnt its fingers with their previous partner, MV Agusta owners in India were left high and dry. Kudos to everyone involved with bringing this partnership to fruition, Im sure that it wouldnt have been easy but the final outcome is worth it.

I hope that Lanesplit's appointment of Moto-Pit Garage as the first service center will only be the precursor towards building a network of authorized service centers around India. With a dedicate aftersales network in place, could we see the return of showrooms filled with the latest motorcycles from the iconic Italian brand? The Brutale and the F3 will attract buyers in India if the company has a strong service network to back it up.

On a personal level, several years ago when I was hunting for my first big bike, I had visited the MV showroom in Bangalore. The bikes were gorgeous but the fact that MV didnt have an authorized service center of its own and had tied up with a popular FNG was a bit of amber flag. Every other brand had invested in developing their own service centers and trained their personnel. How would a third party garage manage service as compared to an authorized service center run by the dealership? There were a lot of questions that made me hesitant to really consider an F3.

Fast forward a few years and how things have changed! Today, the quality of work done in several authorized service centers of big bikes, is absolutely pathetic and on this forum, we have seen a litany of major service related complaints against brands like Kawasaki, Triumph, BMW etc. That is not counting all the other company SVC related horror stories that are well known in the superbike community and dont make their way to a public forum.

On the other hand, several third party garages across India are now providing world class service quality and the moment warranty runs out, superowners take their bikes to them. If Lanesplit ties up with the reputed superbike garages that have carefully built up their reputation solely on the quality of their work, then MV Agusta owners will be very happy indeed.
neil.jericho is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks