Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 19:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda reduces sales and service coverage for 500+ cc motorcycles. Options for existing owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Seems like they'll be selling only sub 500cc as manufactured/CKD. 500cc and above will be CBU and similarly priced.

Quite an interesting list of "major metros" which skips Chennai, Pune and Kolkata meaning there's nothing in the east! But of course they know where they are making profits.
The 650's and Africa Twin are all CKD and will continue to be so. Just that Bigwing Topline is limited to Metro's. And Chennai have now added a Topline dealer and I think Pune and other metro's would also get one soon.

Earlier, the dealers which sold Superbikes had a separate section for superbike service, while now when I went to one, it was completely filled with the 350's. And getting spares has been a pain for me for my 650, from a Topline dealer. With the help of a Bhpian and a gentleman from Honda, I managed to get the spares. Its more like they are counting now on 350's to make them grow in the premium class.
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 22:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda reduces sales and service coverage for 500+ cc motorcycles. Options for existing owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
- The 650's and Africa Twin are all CKD and will continue to be so.
- Just that Bigwing Topline is limited to Metro's. And Chennai have now added a Topline dealer and I think Pune and other metro's would also get one soon.
- Thanks for the info, didn't know that and was assuming incorrectly : thumbs up

- Hopefully they expand their network and provide alternatives.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 19:45   #18

Will looks like there is no other option left for me, so will be performing DIY servicing tomorrow. Thankfully this time nothing major needs to be rectified or repaired and it will be mostly oil change.

I am really peeved as how Honda did not provide any alternative then to ship the bike to other cities and also closed avenue to order parts locally.

p.s. many got confused in above posts thinking the bike is 5 years old. The first bike I bought in Lucknow was 650F in 2017 which i sold to another member here in 2019 and replace it with 650R so the bike is still under warranty.
rishabh.asthana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 08:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh.asthana View Post
Will looks like there is no other option left for me, so will be performing DIY servicing tomorrow.
That's the most viable option and almost the only one available. Assuming Hondas are more or less service and shut bikes so you won't need any particular parts to be replaced hopefully.

Quote:
I am really peeved as how Honda did not provide any alternative then to ship the bike to other cities and also closed avenue to order parts locally.
Tough Luck man, this is unfair from Honda. Worst part is that they aren't even letting you buy spares.
IMO at least email their customer care if it exists but no experience with that.

Quote:
p.s. many got confused in above posts thinking the bike is 5 years old.
I did too, points noted.

Good Luck
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 11:00   #20
BHPian

I think something could be worked out with your local dealer, just for sake of it I called my local Bigwing dealer here and spoke to him, though it’s not a Bigwing Topline but the gentleman agreed for servicing of CBR650R, he said they have a head technician and he will take care of it, so I’m sure if the dealer is willing, he could definitely arrange an unofficial service for you.

And I completely agree that this strategy of Honda is not going to take them far if they abandon their loyal customers without proper support.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 26th December 2021 at 11:07.
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 10:48   #21
BHPian

I understand Honda's restructuring plan, but I think Honda can slightly modify this plan by just including at least one service station in all cities even if they are not authorized to sell it. They should definitely add one in Tier- 2 cities, where the biking culture is growing. I know it will involve a lot of costs in training and perhaps equipment but its a step in the right direction as Honda already has a lot of service stations present in those cities. It will bring in more confidence regarding break down and other related issues.
Jhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 11:02   #22
BHPian

Rather Disappointing from Honda. First the rip-off pricing, and then this. So much for "hey you pay extra but you get the service and reliability mate!"
And strange too- a friend of mine has a ducati in a tier-2 city , and Ducati offers the option to send a mechanic for servicing (you pay for the travel of course)
I'm starting to feel that Triumph is now getting better in the service department and even overall with their product range, while Honda continues to be high-nosed towards the Indian market.
sauravm_89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 12:44   #23
BHPian

@ rishabh
This is a most pathetic policy of HONDA. Even if your city has a BIG WING they cannot service or sell a bike beyond 500cc as it is not a TOPLINE BIG WING as Honda say. As per my knowledge they will have Topline dealers only in metros and all other cities are on the mercy of them. Customers can either take the bike to metros or can call an engineer to service the bike at an extra traveling cost.

Your escalations will not bring any change as HONDA has closed ears on this. I am based in Pune and Pune also has same fate as your city. (imagine having a biggest riding base and not having a dealer who can sell and service a 650) I have escalated this many times as want I to purchase a CBR650R but haven't received a reply. If I finalize a 650 then I have no choice to get it and service it from Mumbai.

I request T.Bhp to please take this up with HONDA top officials and this should make some change (I feel T.Bhp has that influence to make OEM's think on the point raised). IMO if the sale is not possible then at least HONDA should allow all BIG WINGS to service the bikes, as purchase is one time affair and service is recurring. Also all the local big wings are well equipped to service all bikes as they were servicing it just a year ago.

Last edited by aneesh2M : 27th December 2021 at 12:45.
aneesh2M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 21:41   #24
BHPian

Dear Rishabh,

Had the service centre shut down then it was a different story, but refusing service because of a changed policy is not acceptable. They can't sell you a Porsche and expect you to send it to Stuttgart for service. The manufacturer is bound to provide you service and parts up to 15 years from purchase of vehicle ASAIK. You can approach the consumer forum for deficiency of services. Keep a track of emails, service bills etc. Even sending a legal notice to the company might help. If they don't respond the door to the courts are always open. A lawyer can guide you better. In UP getting a favorable and timely order from the court, if you are on the right side, is not difficult.

Cheers
Bravo
bravo82in is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 07:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Will looks like there is no other option left for me, so will be performing DIY servicing tomorrow. Thankfully this time nothing major needs to be rectified or repaired and it will be mostly oil change.

I would recommend getting a torque wrench and the filter removal tool if that applies to your motorcycle. To screw back the oil drain nut you will be able to do a better job with the torque wrench and reduce the risk of accidentally damaging the screw threads (on the engine side, not the drain plug itself).
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 11:58   #26
BHPian

This is really bad. Not that they decided the Big Wing is a tiny wing now, but the fact that they are not even selling the spares for the owners to take care of their bike. It is not that they would have decided this suddenly. So, ideally they should have factored in the misery they were going to inflict upon the current owners. There is no way that a restructuring or any such corporate pooh paah justifies leaving owners in a lurch.

I hope you can figure out a local superbike garage that can work on your bike, there always are. If you need any parts shipped from Gurgaon, that is if they do sell parts over the counter here, I can do that for you. Let me know.

Cheers.
forty6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 17:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

You now have to visit any of the below cities to service a 650cc+ Honda.
  • Gurugram
  • Bangalore.
  • Kochi
  • Indore
  • Mumbai
  • Chennai
  • Hyderabad
Wow. So the Eastern 'Half' of the country has no service station. No city north east of Chennai actually. God help someone who wants to buy a bike in Shillong.
Old 30th December 2021, 11:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:

p.s. many got confused in above posts thinking the bike is 5 years old. The first bike I bought in Lucknow was 650F in 2017 which i sold to another member here in 2019 and replace it with 650R so the bike is still under warranty.
Hi, I came across below service station while checking out you tube. It may be of some help to you. Though you need to confirm as servicing bike outside dealership may cause issues to warranty.

Check out below details.
Call WhatsApp 9889668858 /9305399492
RaceDynamicsLucknow

Link for the you tube video for CBR service which I was checking is below.
Old 2nd January 2022, 08:57   #29
RMN
BHPian

Interesting info about Hondas plans with the Bigwing network. Overall except Kawasaki rest of the Japanese manufacturers seem to be simply reducing their big bike network in India!
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Go ahead, Thankfully honda hasn't made the bike difficult to work on. A Service manual is available online. Keep a right set of tools and you don't need a honda ASC to keep your bike in good shape. Its better to sacrifice remaining warranty for the peace of mind you will have by working on your bike yourself. Ensuring work is being done upto the standards mentioned in service manual.

I (along with a couple of other 650 owners) have numerous bad experiences with that particular showroom you're talking about, forcing me to work on the bike myself ever since i bought it from you. Leaving a link to my thread, might be helpful. 2016 CBR650F ownership (Superbike dream : 2016 Honda CBR650F)
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks