Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 13:26   #16
BHPian

re: Triumph Tiger Sport 660, now launched at 8.95 lakhs

Given there are not many updates on the thread, I guess it's safe to assume none of the forum members have booked one yet?

And there still hasn't been any word on the pricing in India
Old 27th January 2022, 09:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Zigwheels site seems to have updated a launch date of 24 Feb 2022. Can't find the same through official sources though!

Will be an interesting launch. Versys 650 remains the best selling mid-segment adventure tourer even in 2021 - managing about 2X the sales of bikes like the CB500X and the VStrom 650. Versys is heavily outdated in it's 7th year and is essentially the same bike with new stickers as what originally launched in the market.

If priced right - the Tiger Sport 660 could be the one to end this reign IMHO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th January 2022 at 09:38.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 19:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Zigwheels site seems to have updated a launch date of 24 Feb 2022.
Now they've changed it to March 2022

On Triumph India's Instagram page, they keep adding posts about Tiger 660 every now and then but ignore the entire comments section questioning them about the launch (including people who've apparently paid 50k and booked the bike).

Last edited by Juggernaught : 7th February 2022 at 19:41.
Juggernaught is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 20:08   #19
BHPian

Hello Riders,

Meanwhile, Tiger Sport 660 as a Daily Rider!

Worthwhile comparison with the Versys 650 at the end of the video.

Happy waiting,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 22:39   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Worthwhile comparison with the Versys 650 at the end of the video.
Heard that the Bangalore Kawasaki dealership is asking customers to expect a price increase of ~1L when the updated Versys hits our shores.

With the Tiger Sport 660 equally competent (and more desirable to the first time buyer, thanks to the inline3 motor IMHO) - this could mean tight competition.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 12:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Heard that the Bangalore Kawasaki dealership is asking customers to expect a price increase of ~1L when the updated Versys hits our shores.

With the Tiger Sport 660 equally competent (and more desirable to the first time buyer, thanks to the inline3 motor IMHO) - this could mean tight competition.
What would work for Triumph 660 vs Versys 650:
1) Inline 3 vs a Mature Twin
2) Compact styling vs SUV stance

What would work for Versys 650 vs Triumph 660:
1) Pillion Comfort vs Negligible bum support
2) Adjustable Suspension (not sure how many will use) vs basic setup
3) Extended Range

If price is on par; 660 makes sense for a solo rider, but 650 wins all hands on a pillion (and luggage) tourer.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post

3) Extended Range

If price is on par; 660 makes sense for a solo rider, but 650 wins all hands on a pillion (and luggage) tourer.
Adding pros to the Versys is an already existing accessory support like crash guards, saddle stays, rear rack etc from brands like Zana.

Pricing will be the big decider though the Trident 660 is already increased to 7.5l ex showroom so I would expect the Tiger 660 to be at least a lakh more minimum. And Kawasaki has been known to offer upfront discounts while Triumph rarely goes down that route instead preferring to offer accessories instead.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 14:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
Adding pros to the Versys is an already existing accessory support like crash guards, saddle stays, rear rack etc from brands like Zana.

Pricing will be the big decider though the Trident 660 is already increased to 7.5l ex showroom so I would expect the Tiger 660 to be at least a lakh more minimum. And Kawasaki has been known to offer upfront discounts while Triumph rarely goes down that route instead preferring to offer accessories instead.
Fair point on the accessories and pricing; and I hear Kawasaki India is offering a 40K discount on Versys 650.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:01   #24
BHPian

Given that the naked Trident itself is more expensive than Versys after the price hike, the chances of Tiger being priced anywhere in the ballpark of the current Versys is definitely slim if not zero.

It will likely go up against the V-Strom 650 from a pricing perspective in this segment.

That inline triple though sounds really really sweet And with the slight bump in power from the other bikes, compact styling and relatively lower kerb weight it's definitely a very tempting package overall. Just hoping they don't go the Honda way pricing this bike
Juggernaught is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 21:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post

And Kawasaki has been known to offer upfront discounts while Triumph rarely goes down that route instead preferring to offer accessories instead.
Infact I see "Accessory availability" as a pro for the Triumph as Triumph already has about 50 odd accessories specifically for the 660. Versys - solely has to depend on aftermarket vendors.

With respect to the discounts, if one is going for the Triumph then the accessory offering is a win-win rather than choosing upfront discount on ex-showroom price. I've had bad experience with Kawasaki's discount policy because it differs from dealer to dealer (city to city) - so wouldn't bank on any "introductory pricing games" from them!
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 22:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
Infact I see "Accessory availability" as a pro for the Triumph as Triumph already has about 50 odd accessories specifically for the 660. Versys - solely has to depend on aftermarket vendors.

With respect to the discounts, if one is going for the Triumph then the accessory offering is a win-win rather than choosing upfront discount on ex-showroom price. I've had bad experience with Kawasaki's discount policy because it differs from dealer to dealer (city to city) - so wouldn't bank on any "introductory pricing games" from them!
What you are saying makes sense but not everyone has the inclination to spend so much on accessories especially for a beginner ADV bike like the Tiger 660. In future the people might want to move to a Tiger 900 and so spending 50k+ on accessories would be not a great option as accessories don't hold value when selling the bike. You might get a rack, saddle stays and crash guards for the Versys than what Triumph charges for a rack alone.
Old 13th February 2022, 22:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post

3) Extended Range

The comparison from Zac Courts was refreshingly candid. Most other international journalists tend to tiptoe around direct comparisons unless its a direct shootout but Zac was being Zac. I am genuinely surprised that despite taking on such a well entrenched competitor in the Versys 650, Triumph didnt go all out to outdo it.

If I was looking for a sports tourer to ride all day, the Versys will be the easy choice for me.
- It is certainly going to be cheaper than the Tiger Sport 660. The only question is by how much.
- The compact styling of the Triumph Tiger Sport 660 is a negative, in my books. And it doesnt offer much by way of pillion seating.
- Adjustable suspension out of the box is a deal sealer. And the rear preload is super easy to adjust. The Trident gets nothing. Between riding alone and riding with a pillion with luggage, the flexibility to adjust the suspension is a huge benefit.
- Less fuel stops on a day long ride.
- A ton of Indian made Versys specific accessories.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 14:27   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hope this teaser finally indicates the start of the launch campaign for the Tiger Sport 660 -

Triumph Tiger Sport 660, now launched at 8.95 lakhs-indiatriumphpost2022_03_11_13_32.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 15:01   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hope this teaser finally indicates the start of the launch campaign for the Tiger Sport 660 -
Dr CD, one of the service heads at a Triumph dealership had posted a whatsapp update on the Tiger Sport 660. I guess its only a matter of time before the bike is unveiled in India.

Quote:
Triumph India is gearing up to launch the Tiger Sport 660 in India and sources tell us that it’ll happen by the end of March. The motorcycle is expected to be priced between Rs 9 lakh-9.5 lakh, making it around Rs 2 lakh dearer than the Trident 660 that it is based on.
But, this recent Autocar India article does not leave Indian motorcycle enthusiasts with much hope. I genuinely hope that Autocar India is not right on this front and Triumph doesnt make another blunder when it comes to pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I would expect an exshowroom price of Rs 8.25 L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
spoth001, a Bombay OTR price of Rs 11 L is much higher than what I expected it to be but if we look at it differently, the next touring bike from Triumph is the Tiger 850 which is priced at Rs 11.95 L exshowroom. So it is quite possible that Triumph tries to slot the Tiger Sport 660 at a bit of a premium to bridge the gap. Will the market accept such pricing? I dont think so but lets see.
This is what I had posted earlier on this thread. If we look at current pricing
- Kawasaki Versys 650 - Rs 7.15 L
- Triumph Trident 660 : Rs 7.45 L
- Triumph Tiger Sport 660 (expected) : Rs 9 / 9.5 L
- Triumph Tiger 850 Sport : Rs 11.95 L

Knowing Kawasaki, even with the upcoming upgrade to the Versys 650, it will still be priced lower than the expected pricing of the Tiger Sport 660. That will make life very tough for the faired Triumph. Interesting times ahead!
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 09:53   #30
Team-BHP Support

Launch date is confirmed for 29th -

Triumph Tiger Sport 660, now launched at 8.95 lakhs-indiatriumphpost2022_03_14_09_301.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks