Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 10:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jack of all trades | My Honda CBR650F Review

Congratulations.. That's a beautiful and well maintained Blade you got yourself. So, now I know who is the friend Krishna had mentioned a few days back..

BTW, were you and Krishna were looking for a pair of VRS or he ended up buying the one you wanted?
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 10:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
BTW, were you and Krishna were looking for a pair of VRS or he ended up buying the one you wanted?
Nah, my brother bought the VRS back in November. This was another one we were looking at towards the end of Jan. Well, that didn't pan out and now the blade is here

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 16:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Mach View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition Xaos636 . In the company of R1's and Tigers, the 1000 RR would now be able to keep up .
Definitely, I can keep up now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
WOW Congratulations mate. TBH Im too contemplating between a 2013-14 1000RR or the AT currently. I have zero clarity so far. Till then enjoying my Raven
Thanks mate. Go get one sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
Congrats to both Xaos636 and alphadog.
What a wild turn of events it was, I'm pretty sure it still feels a bit surreal, lot of memories to remember the 650 by and a lot of new memories to be made with the blade too.

As for Xaos636, can't wait to start riding with the blade. It's going to be fun!

Cheers
Krishna
Thanks man. Lets roll soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Congratulations.. That's a beautiful and well maintained Blade you got yourself. So, now I know who is the friend Krishna had mentioned a few days back..
Thanks mate and yes, you got it right
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 09:37   #49
BHPian

@Xaos Congrats on the new ride.

When I read the first line - I must say I was not happy. You sold a bike to buy a car. That's blasphemy and sacrilege of the highest order. Nothing short of a death sentence is warranted for this.

But then you redeemed yourself by posting pics of a Repsol Honda with bright orange wheels. Hallelujah!!!

But somehow there is something Machiavellian about this whole exercise . As my older brother summarized it for me, the point of selling the bike to buy the car was to make profit and score some $$$. However

Xaos spends $$$ to upgrade the CBR 650
Xaos sells bike to buy car to make profit
Xaos cant buy car, makes no profit, buys bigger bike instead
Xaos will now spend more $$$ to upgrade the CBR 1000

Biking investment logic - 200%
Normal investment logic - 0%

The true winner in this comedy of errors is krishnaprasad. He gets to now ride the R1 and the CBR 1000. Kudos to this gentleman.

Last edited by no_fear : 9th February 2022 at 09:38.
no_fear is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 11:06   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post

When I read the first line - I must say I was not happy. You sold a bike to buy a car. That's blasphemy and sacrilege of the highest order. Nothing short of a death sentence is warranted for this.

The true winner in this comedy of errors is krishnaprasad. He gets to now ride the R1 and the CBR 1000. Kudos to this gentleman.
Thanks mate. And you read his mind perfectly well. He showed me a vRS, compelled me to sell the 650, then the vRS disappeared and asked me to get a fireblade instead. Things are falling in place now Everything looks like his master plan.
Xaos636 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 11:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:

I'm right with you on that!

Quote:
Well, we never are the smartest bunch when it comes to bike choices, I think that's a proven fact.

Quote:
Not gonna lie, the upside was fully worth it but its a win-win so all Is right in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Thanks mate. And you read his mind perfectly well. He showed me a vRS, compelled me to sell the 650, then the vRS disappeared and asked me to get a fireblade instead. Things are falling in place now Everything looks like his master plan.
Woah Woah Woah! You do something nice and this is what you get in return. I'm telling you the world is a thankless place. I guess I'll need to hold onto the blade for a few weeks as retribution.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 14:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no_fear, brilliant analysis of the situation, laughed my head off.

Quote:
Thanks mate. And you read his mind perfectly well. He showed me a vRS, compelled me to sell the 650, then the vRS disappeared and asked me to get a fireblade instead. Things are falling in place now. Everything looks like his master plan.
Xaos, very happy things worked out perfectly and good in a way that the car didn’t materialise or maybe in a couple of weeks Krishna may have been subjected to some brand new language once the car novelty wore off and you would start missing your 650. Congratulations on the 1000!

Quote:
Woah Woah Woah! You do something nice and this is what you get in return. I'm telling you the world is a thankless place. I guess I'll need to hold onto the blade for a few weeks as retribution.
Krishna, indeed the world has become a thankless place

Happy to be in the company of angels and demons, all in the same place and from the comfort of my chair

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 9th February 2022 at 14:11.
Cyborg is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 16:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
End of the era with the CBR650F...

Here is my new, old 2013 CBR 1000RR, Repsol edition.
Woah congrats on the new ride! Im still not sure who is more excited with this purchase, you or Krishna. The other day he almost let it slip when you went to look at the bike. He tried to show me some other toys in the garage but my eyes went straight to the CBR, though he did a good job of avoiding the topic!

Quote:
As for Xaos636, can't wait to start riding with the blade.
Congrats to you too buddy lol.

Quote:
You sold a bike to buy a car. That's blasphemy and sacrilege of the highest order. Nothing short of a death sentence is warranted for this.

You spoke my mind
deepfreak15 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 07:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
He showed me a vRS, compelled me to sell the 650, then the vRS disappeared and asked me to get a fireblade instead. Things are falling in place now Everything looks like his master plan.
@Xaos - there was no VRS in the first place. This was an elaborate con planned out by krishna to make you buy the bike without making you feel bad and incurring the wrath of your Mrs. As you said it's his master plan. He is the architect and you are the chosen one.

Jack of all trades | My Honda CBR650F Review-mogambo-.jpg
no_fear is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 17:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Xaos - there was no VRS in the first place. This was an elaborate con planned out by krishna to make you buy the bike without making you feel bad and incurring the wrath of your Mrs. As you said it's his master plan. He is the architect and you are the chosen one.
Whether it was a con by Krishna or a master class by both it gives me a brilliant idea for an upgrade for those of us who have family opposition to the idea. I shall elaborate.

Create an option for buying an imaginary car which is for the entire family. Everyone will buy in to that idea, sell the current bike as a “sacrifice” for the family to increase the funding. Since obviously the car doesn’t exist, make the necessary noises of regret after a few days. Then introduce the idea/cry about life without a bike, everyone will feel bad that you sold your bike for the family. Enter the main phase in the plan, buy the next bike of your dreams, checkmate.

Diabolical, but effective. Just ensure no one from your family is reading Team BHP

Happy upgrading!

Cheers
Cyborg is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 19:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2270646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Whether it was a con by Krishna or a master class by both it gives me a brilliant idea for an upgrade for those of us who have family opposition to the idea. I shall elaborate.

Diabolical, but effective. Just ensure no one from your family is reading Team BHP

Happy upgrading!

Cheers
Damn!! What a turn of events, maybe we should have these posts in a separate thread saying "Easy ways to buy a big bike, family members hate this trick"

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 09:25   #57
BHPian

Congrats Xaos636, on the new acquisition. The 2013-14 CBR Fireblade looks the best, and with the Repsol livery, it takes to another level. Hope to see more adventures of The Fireblade & R1 together!
aarnav_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 21:51   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations are in order all around!

Xaos636 : The Fireblade is an awesome upgrade to your CBR650! It was lovely to read the sequence of events that led to your eventual purchase of the Blade. Yesterday I was talking to our friend who recently returned from the Himalayas and he was telling me how you really enjoy riding sporty motorbikes. Plus, it is a joy to see how Honda owners end up sticking to Honda motorcycles as they go up the ladder. Speaking of which ....

Alphadog : Finally your search has ended! The CBR650F will be an excellent addition to the two motorcycles that you already own. Now to slowly convert your garage into an all Honda show by getting a CB500X in place of your current twin ....

Everyone else : For figuring out krishnaprasadgg's master plan. The only thing that makes a TBHPian two wheeler enthusiast happier than buying a motorcycle for himself, is getting his friends to buy motorcycles!

At the end of it all, I can just imagine krishnaprasadgg channeling his inner Hannibal Smith (from the A Team) and saying "I love it when a plan comes together!"

P.S - Xaos636, let me be the first one to remind you that we are waiting for your new ownership thread
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 01:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

@Xaos636 - I am just happy to see how your cubic capacity in bike’s progressed so consistently in just 3 years time!

Ninja 300 - R3 - CBR650F - and the king of them all, The Fireblade (that’s my Wifi router’s name - LOL, since 2007!) as I don’t think I’ll ever get the actual Fireblade - dad of all Honda’s!

Waiting eagerly to see the ownership thread there, buddy! You’ll never know - you might end up buying a vRS very soon with a new title thread - Replaced one DCT Venue to the DSG vRS
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 00:16   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Here is my new, old 2013 CBR 1000RR, Repsol edition. More details on a new thread
Holly Molly!! That is a sweet bike. Hearty congratulations man!!

Quote:
That is so true. I was like, this does not seem like an @Xaos decision.

Quote:
Well, we never are the smartest bunch when it comes to bike choices, I think that's a proven fact.
Ha Ha Ha. So true!!

Quote:

Cheers
Krishna
Perfect punishment I would say!!

This is fun!! Looking forward to you guys perspective on the biggest battle of 2000s. Blade vs R1!!

I have some thoughts on it after riding a 2011 Blade a couple of times recently.

CHEERS!!
Rachit

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 15th February 2022 at 00:17.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed