Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 22:54   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true

Great thread, Amey Kulkarni ! Your 959 is drool worthy and that Tuono is a sizzler. I recall seeing the pics in the Street Triple Whatsapp group. Out of curiosity, do you guys feel the need to make any changes to your bikes before you hit the tracks for a second time?

P.S - Is that a Fireblade that was in your group? Or a CBR650?
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 23:19   #17

Amazing thread, great read and your bike is absolutely beautiful. It is sad to see such a great track not being a part of the formula one season now.
petrolfumes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 08:51   #18
BHPian

Trackdays are insane opportunities. You will never want to ride on the roads once you do a trackday. The dynamics of riding a bike drastically change; for starters, no oncoming traffic, so much more opportunity to correct yourself if you overcook a corner entry, the chance to learn from a senior rider or someone who knows the track lines well.
I’ve had the chance to witness Rajini hammer out blistering pace at Chennai during my CSS sessions. That pace makes you wonder, if these guys rider their hearts out and look terrifyingly fast on track, how would it be with the big boys like Marquez, Quarteraro, Miller and company. Mind boggling
roadrunner_nv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:51   #19
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

I'm curious where you saw a Fireblade / CBR650. I went over the thread all over again but couldn't find a Honda in any pics posted by Amey Kulkarni, hence the curiosity.

That said, there were no CBR650s during that weekend IIRC. However, a Fireblade was indeed there.

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-dsc_03992.jpg
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:08   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I'm curious where you saw a Fireblade / CBR650. I went over the thread all over again but couldn't find a Honda in any pics posted by Amey Kulkarni, hence the curiosity.

That said, there were no CBR650s during that weekend IIRC. However, a Fireblade was indeed there.

Attachment 2174331
That is a real beauty! Its nice to see the Blade being taken to the track and unleashed to its full potential.

As for where I saw it on the thread, I can offer up this clue. Its right there under our noses, along with the rider in his HJC Venom helmet
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The Fireblade is, infact, in one of the pics you posted. In the lineup behind the Ducati Supersport.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:53   #22
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As for where I saw it on the thread, I can offer up this clue. Its right there under our noses, along with the rider in his HJC Venom helmet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
The Fireblade is, infact, in one of the pics you posted. In the lineup behind the Ducati Supersport.
You guys seriously have an eye for details !
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Trackdays are insane opportunities. You will never want to ride on the roads once you do a trackday. , how would it be with the big boys like Marquez, Quarteraro, Miller and company. Mind boggling

I have raced in some time trials back in 2009 with AMA in Ohio and while I thought I was good, I was nowhere good compared to the professional racing teams. I had some fun time trials with Ducati North America's racing teams, and my a** was handed to me by the riders.

Saw some of the pro riders at Suzuka in August 2019 and it's a whole different ball game at the pro level. The mental and physical fitness is just insane and the riders are among the top .001% of the population.

Attached some pics of the rides at Suzuka. Loved the bikes.

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-img20210703wa0005.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-img20210703wa0004.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-img20210703wa0003.jpg

Kudos to op and his friend for going to the track and enjoying themselves. Much love and respect for them and their machines.

Last edited by no_fear : 3rd July 2021 at 17:11.
no_fear is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 01:07   #24
BHPian

Beautiful machines and insights into the first track day! Always a great sight to see these machines on a world class track like BIC.

I hope someday I am settled in NCR and attending these track days on a 600 or 1000.
Till then, I'll keep reading such threads and keep my dream alive. Keep posting!
chautob0t is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 10:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Track riding is addictive as hell and I am sure you'll end up a regular on Yas Marina Hope to run into Satyen's lovely lovely v4 at some track here soon.
Thanks Niranjan. Next stop is infact is the Dubai Autodrome and Yas Marina. Hopefully, I can get my driving license sorted by end of summer. The Tuono is sublime. She's a one hyper naked which probably every rider would look up to.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, do you guys feel the need to make any changes to your bikes before you hit the tracks for a second time?

Thanks Neil. Yeah, we did have quite a few chaps from the All India Street Triple participating. It was nice to catch up with them as well.

The 959 with an after market exhaust and remapping it with a better low end could help on the timings. I was running Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa IIs which I did the job I'd say + the Traction Control was magical. The Tuono probably could do with better tyres; rest Satyen has already souped her up.

Nice spotting. That was the only Fireblade 1000 we had at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
I have raced in some time trials back in 2009 with AMA in Ohio and while I thought I was good, I was nowhere good compared to the professional racing teams.
Good to know no_fear! Some nice captures there you have. You should plan to get your Unicorn (MV F4 RR) to BIC as well. That's the place for her and fortunately you stay in the same city.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 18:00   #26
BHPian

Some more candid pictures from the track and pits!

Day 1 : Total sessions : Approx 7, 15 minutes each
Day 2: Total sessions : Approx 4, 15 minutes each. More Classroom sessions on this day.

The debutants Satyen (Monaro CV8) and myself (Amey Kulkarni) beating our own drums would say we did extremely well and completed all sessions safely.

Best timings out of both the days:

The Tuono clocked 2.32.453
The 959 Panigale clocked 2.27.230

Overall, ecstatic by what all we did, what all we got to learn over the weekend and as they say "The Real skills are tested at the Track and not the Road".

PC: //M

Official closure to the Trackday! When you've eaten up the entire knee sliders and the velcrow starts scraping

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-75ea85d60b984c90a6198dbfbf1df656.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210315090714.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210315090708.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210314183620.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210315072002.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210315070445.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210314183618.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210314183619.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210315070208.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210315070446.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210315090706.jpg

Riding Superbikes at the Buddh Circuit | A dream come true-photo20210317170935.jpg

Cheers,
Amey

Last edited by Amey Kulkarni : 18th July 2021 at 18:04.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 08:31   #27
BHPian

I finally got the opportunity and finally found your thread. Great writeup. I myself plan on putting up a thread with the nitty gritties sometime later.
It was fantastic meeting you. Lets hope we can do trackdays again together.
jackofsome is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks