Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2021, 15:19   #1
Team-BHP Support

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition

Triumph has revealed the 2021 Street Scrambler and Street Scrambler Sandstorm Limited Edition motorcycles.

The 2021 Street Scrambler comes with a new side panel with aluminium number board with an embossed Street Scrambler logo, a new heel guard, brushed aluminium headlight brackets, adventure-oriented seat material, new throttle body finishers and new paint schemes. The motorcycle also gets an analogue speedometer, an LCD MID, USB charger, immobiliser, an LED rear light and leather textile inspired seat covering.

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-triumph-street-scrambler.jpg

The bike has a tubular steel frame with twin cradles, wide handlebars, 41mm cartridge fork suspension at the front and adjustable twin shock absorbers at the rear, both having 120mm of travel. The 2021 Street Scrambler is available in 3 paint schemes - Jet Black, Urban Grey or a new twin colour Matt Khaki and Matt Ironstone scheme, featuring new tank graphics.

The Street Scrambler measures 2,125 mm in length, 835 mm in width and 1,100 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 1,445 mm, a seat height of 790 mm and a fuel tank capacity of 12 litres. The bike rides on 19-inch and 17-inch spoked steel rims shod with 100/90 and 150/70 section dual-purpose Metzeler Tourance tyres respectively.

The Street Scrambler comes with a 900cc, twin-cylinder engine that develops 64.1 BHP @ 7,250 rpm and 80 Nm @ 3.250 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed transmission and complies with Euro 5 emission norms. The bike comes with a torque-assist clutch and three riding modes - Road, Rain and Off-Road. Stopping power comes from a 310 mm disc brake with a Brembo 4-piston caliper at the front and a 255 mm disc brake with a Nissin 2-piston caliper at the rear. The bike also gets switchable ABS and traction control.

Owners can personalise their Street Scramblers by choosing from 120 accessories. These include heated grips, centre stand, short and tall screens, adjustable levers and engine protectors. Accessories for additional off-road focus include the high-level front mudguard, headlight grille, stainless steel sump guard, adjustable piggyback Fox rear shocks, traditional Scrambler style bench seat and machined handlebar clamp.

The Triumph Street Scrambler Sandstorm Limited Edition gets more rugged Scrambler detailing and accessories fitted as standard along with a Matt Storm Grey paint scheme and Ironstone accents on the tank in a unique new tri-tone style, plus a Matt Storm Grey factory-fitted high-level front mudguard. It also gets a Certificate of authenticity personalised with the bike’s VIN number. The bike’s number will be strictly limited to only 775 units worldwide.

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-triumph-street-scrambler-sand-storm.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 15:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition

In addition, this bike has
3 riding modes:
Rain
Road
Offroad - ABS & TC are off to give control on the rear wheel

Also features the USB charger convenient for long touring riders.

More pics followed:

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-1.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-2.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-3.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-4.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-5.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-6.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-7.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-8.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-9.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-10.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-11.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-13.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-15.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-16.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-18.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-20.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-21.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-22.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-23.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-24.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-25.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-26.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-28.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-29.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-30.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-31.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-32.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-33.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-34.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-35.png
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 15:33   #3
BHPian

More pics continued..

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-35.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-36.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-37.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-38.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422-39.png

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210422.png
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 01:31   #4
BHPian

I have a question

Can anyone tell me - what are the pros and cons of touring in India with either the Ducati Scrambler or the Triumph Scrambler (the one with the exhaust running down the knee line on the right hand side of the bike as in the picture above)

I currently do intercity long distance on the D390 (Ahmedabd - Hyderabad mostly). All other vacation touring is on the Himalayan where the destination is not a major city but is somewhat off the beaten path

Hypothetically speaking - 5 years down the line when i turn 40, if i sell both and buy one of these Scramblers for touring - what would be the pros and cons of such a purchase be in terms of the following

1 - Tank Range
2 - Performance
3- Comfort
4- General Maintenance and availability of spares - I hate downtime
5- The exhaust - is it dangerous? I would hate to have the motorcycle topple on the right and be pinned under a red hot exhaust
6- Luggage holding capacity and functionality - I ride solo. No Pillion

If you were to select one from these two - which of these two would you choose?

My height is 5'5

Thank you

Last edited by rahul4321 : 23rd April 2021 at 01:37. Reason: Added height and point 6
rahul4321 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 07:24   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
I have a question

Can anyone tell me - what are the pros and cons of touring in India with either the Ducati Scrambler or the Triumph Scrambler (the one with the exhaust running down the knee line on the right hand side of the bike as in the picture above)

I currently do intercity long distance on the D390 (Ahmedabd - Hyderabad mostly). All other vacation touring is on the Himalayan where the destination is not a major city but is somewhat off the beaten path

Hypothetically speaking - 5 years down the line when i turn 40, if i sell both and buy one of these Scramblers for touring - what would be the pros and cons of such a purchase be in terms of the following

1 - Tank Range
2 - Performance
3- Comfort
5- The exhaust - is it dangerous? I would hate to have the motorcycle topple on the right and be pinned under a red hot exhaust

My height is 5'5

Thank you
I have seen the regular ducati scrambler and the triumph up close and this is what i feel:

First you have to decide if you want to buy this genre of bike and go touring. This means, the scrambler look is closer to your heart than touring is. If that is the case, read on.

Luggage and ergos are things which can be fixed. Non issues. Tank range is fact spec sheet. Read it and understand how it works for your touring. Comfort is a factor of your test ride and so is performance. These two needs your personal evaluation only. Both are exotics and significant downtime is par for the course if you drop the bike or something else goes wrong.

The triumph exhaust is a huge issue. Just for that, i would opt for the ducati desert sled.

If i was looking at this objectively for touring, i would buy neither. They will just be a compromise for touring and i would have to work harder than the bike, as opposed to the bike working for me.

But if your heart is set, i would opt for the Ducati Desert sled. But you might need to be much taller than 5.5

For this kind of money, i would just get a proper adv bike thats purpose built for touring. Save up for the Africa Twin.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 09:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question

rahul4321, though both the Ducati and Triumph are positioned as, and called Scramblers, they take two different approaches to the execution of the idea.

The Scrambler is a nice small-ish entry level motorcycle from Ducati. The Triumph Street Scrambler is an alternate version of the Street Twin. The Ducati Scrambler is the more well rounded of these two bikes as you dont have an exhaust running past your knees on the side. That side exhaust will get hot! If you want to compare apples to apples, I would consider the regular Street Twin against the Ducati Scrambler.

Coming to the questions you listed
1 - Tank Range
This should be easy to figure out from real world mileage figures.
2 - Performance
Both offer adequate performance for a big bike. Do you need more for highway touring? I dont think so but YMMV.
3- Comfort
The Ducati will be far more comfortable since you wont have the hot exhaust running past your legs.
4- General Maintenance and availability of spares
In terms of availability of spares for regular services, both should be the same.
In terms of availability of spares in case of an accident, it might be more difficult for the SVC to source parts for the Triumph Scrambler, since its such a low volume motorcycle. Do check with your local SVC.
In terms of maintainence costs, Ducati services are around the same as other brands. But keep in mind that you will have the wallet busting Desmo service to contend with at some point of time. With long tours, its only a matter of time before you hit the dreaded Desmo service. Do ensure that you account for that financial outflow in your decision making.
5- The exhaust
It could be dangerous. But I feel its going to be more of an inconvenience on a regular basis.
6- Luggage holding capacity and functionality
Personally, I find the Scrambler to be a size too small for me. That is going to impact its luggage holding capacity but Im sure there is a ton of stuff already available that should suit most needs. Do ensure you check that out. There are threads like this cross country trip which show that the Scrambler can be successfully used for touring. More details for touring options will be available on this thread.

Im not sure how one practically manages luggage with the Triumph Street Scrambler. Check the Adv Rider thread.

Between the two options you listed, the Ducati Scrambler is likely to be the better choice for touring.
If it is between the Ducati Scrambler and the Street Twin, then things get a lot closer and you cant go wrong with either.

As Red Liner mentioned, you need to figure out if the scrambler + tourer combination is a must have. If you are going to be doing a lot of touring and will have only one bike in your garage, then the two bikes you listed may not be best options that are available to you.
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
1 - Tank Range
2 - Performance
3- Comfort

I've owned a Street Scrambler for 3 years before recently selling mine (to get a Tiger). So I think I would be in a good position to answer your questions with regard to touring and all round riding, and I now have a frame of reference comparing it to the Tiger.

1. Tank range -

Around 220+ km. You might be able to get more depending on how you ride but honestly I rode without any regard to range and it goes far enough for any touring I’ve done. Maybe for rare trips to truly remote places you should carry a reserve can but I've never had to. My Tiger has a much longer range but that hasn't been a huge advantage, more a mild convenience.

2 & 3. Performance & Comfort -

Incredible! The Street Scrambler is an absolute blast to ride no matter where you are. It can be a composed, relaxed ride, or a hooligan bike and it works brilliantly in all modes.

In cities it's nimble, fast, has a beautiful exhaust note, easy to park and forget, attracts only the right kind of attention. It rarely scraped speed breakers (only the worst ones mildly touched the bash plate).

On broken tarmac, gravel or hard-packed mild off-road sections the bike was extremely fun to blast over. Tons of low down torque, great ergos, wide bars meant it was happy when the tarmac ended. Only when the off-road got harder with actual rocks, unruly trails and sandy inclines did things get dicey, but in the right hands the bike could still get through even that.

On highways the Street Scrambler did perfectly well. I have toured on it and never had a complaint. The Street Scrambler was comfortable, capable and lively to ride on highways. Wind blast gets you beyond 130/140 km/h but I have held 130 for extended sections with minimal fatigue. If you have a good helmet and riding gear you will not suffer that much. The posture is perfect and seat very comfortable. I could ride the bike all day and never feel any pain.
It is only after getting a Tiger now that I knew what I was missing, but the differences are not deal breakers when it comes to touring. The primary difference is that you can hold much higher speeds for much longer on an ADV without any strain on yourself or the bike. There is a bump up in comfort as well. But that's really the only practical difference regarding touring.
The Street Scrambler will do the job, just at a lower speed and give you a more visceral experience.

4. Maintenance and spares -

Haven't had any problems with the bike. Maintenance was standard Triumph, around 8k a service. Spares were available when needed through Triumph. No complaints, and I bought Triumph again as a testament to that.

5. The exhaust -

I rode with the stock exhaust for 1 year and then got a full system Vance and Hines for the next 2 years of ownership. Neither was dangerous per say. The heat shields do a great job at keeping you from getting burnt. That being said I always ride with boots and pants. If you rode in shorts and kept your skin on the heat shield, it might start to hurt after a while, but probably still wouldn't burn. In stop and go traffic, on a hot day the exhaust can get uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I think I eventually killed the nerve endings on my right thigh so I stopped feeling the heat after a year of ownership. Now on the Tiger I can tell how much more sensitive my left leg is to the radiator fan heat.
That being said, after changing the exhaust to the full system V&H, it ran a lot cooler. I would suggest de-catting the bike for a cooler exhaust, better sound, weight savings and peppier performance. No problems clearing emissions either de-catted.
In short, the heat is not a dealbreaker and you will get used to it.

6. Luggage -

The bigger concern regarding the exhaust is that it limits your luggage options for touring. I made do with a big duffel on the tail rack (removed the rear seat and never needed it.)
The stock tail rack that is provided was perfectly able to hold my 50 liter duffel. For those looking for more, you can mount another tail rack and a left side pannier. You obviously cannot have a right side pannier.
On the plus side, the high exhaust will make water crossings and narrow trails stress free, but you do lose a pannier slot.

Comparing the regular Ducati Scrambler to the Triumph Street Scrambler will give you no clear choice in terms of capabilities. The choice should be made based on which bike vibes with your personality better. Ride both and choose the one that you like more based on looks and feel. The difference in their capabilities is so negligible that there is no point choosing one based on practicality.

If one had to make a comparison between the standard Ducati Scrambler and the Street Scrambler –

Street Scrambler vs Ducati Scrambler
- 19 inch front (better off-road) vs 18 inch front (better on road)
- Spoke wheels (better off-road) vs Alloys (better on road)
- Tube tires (inconvenient & dangerous on road) vs tubeless tires (convenient & safe)
- Liquid cooled vs air cooled
- High pipe exhaust (looks cool) vs small low pipe (better for luggage and less heat)
- 208 kg vs 185 kg (big win for the Ducati)
- Normal valves vs Desmo (inconvenient, big service bill)
- Triumph’s seat is more comfortable than the Ducati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
But if your heart is set, i would opt for the Ducati Desert sled. But you might need to be much taller than 5.5
Note that this applies only to the standard Ducati Scrambler and not the Desert Sled. I agree with @Red Liner that the Desert Sled would be a more capable tourer due to its off-road advantage.

My final recommendation on this would be consider either the Desert Sled or the Triumph Scrambler 1200 (BS6 just announced.) Both would be more capable tourers and fun all-round motorcycles than either the Ducati Scrambler Icon or the Triumph Street Scrambler. Height is the only factor to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Between the two options you listed, the Ducati Scrambler is likely to be the better choice for touring.
If it is between the Ducati Scrambler and the Street Twin, then things get a lot closer and you cant go wrong with either.
I disagree with the opinion that the Street Twin is better than the Street Scrambler for touring. The Street Twin has low ground clearance, huge low pipes, 18 inch wheels and short travel suspension.
The Street Scrambler only loses one pannier rack vs the Street Twin but gains considerable advantages off-road or on bad roads. The Street Scrambler also has more comfortable ergonomics for touring (foot-pegs position and wide bars).
Wear riding pants and the exhaust heat won’t be an issue. There’s nothing you can wear to overcome the disadvantages of the Street Twin in this comparison.

Here are some pics of adventures on my Street Scrambler before I sold it
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-68f29c3e51a54f068067e5be5599eeb51968900000b0b7b2a9b54.jpeg  

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-img_20180609_150300.jpg  

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-img_20181111_151441.jpg  

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-img_20181126_144103.jpg  

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-img_3721.png  

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-img_3691.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2021 at 08:33. Reason: Please don't use acronyms when referring to cars or bikes (e.g. SS). Only the full make & model please
suneel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 13:54   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneel View Post
I disagree with the opinion that the Street Twin is better than the Street Scrambler for touring. The Street Twin has low ground clearance, huge low pipes, 18 inch wheels and short travel suspension.
The Street Scrambler only loses one pannier rack vs the Street Twin but gains considerable advantages off-road or on bad roads. The Street Scrambler also has more comfortable ergonomics for touring (foot-pegs position and wide bars).
Wear riding pants and the exhaust heat won’t be an issue. There’s nothing you can wear to overcome the disadvantages of the Street Twin in this comparison.
Thanks for very informative! Could you share more details on the reasons that made you switch from the Street Scrambler to the Tiger? Ive seen a lot of Street Triple owners upgrade to the Tiger as they wanted something less frenetic and more suited to Indian road conditions.

I believe I had seen the ad for a green Street Scrambler on sale in Bangalore for some time, Im not sure if it was your bike or not. Specific to rahul4321's post, Im still not convinced that a Street Scrambler would be more functional for long distance touring, than a Street Twin. With the Street Twin, you can get to use proper saddlebags and tail bags for touring. Here is a link to Spurge's article on touring with the Street Twin. No worries on that front.

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-_mg_0041.jpg
Like so

With the Scrambler, you admittedly get better off road capability, but is it really required in Rahul4321's case? Im not really sure. Also you lose a lot of luggage carrying capability with Street Scrambler. I saw riders on the Adv Rider forum having to use Givi top boxes, but I felt that it did seriously hamper the visibility of the rear brake lights.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:50   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Specific to rahul4321's post, Im still not convinced that a Street Scrambler would be more functional for long distance touring, than a Street Twin. With the Street Twin, you can get to use proper saddlebags and tail bags for touring.

With the Scrambler, you admittedly get better off road capability, but is it really required in Rahul4321's case? Im not really sure. Also you lose a lot of luggage carrying capability with Street Scrambler. I saw riders on the Adv Rider forum having to use Givi top boxes, but I felt that it did seriously hamper the visibility of the rear brake lights.
Yes I do agree and these are completely valid points. If optimal luggage carrying capacity is important to the rider then the Street Twin is the better choice. But I see that as being the only real advantage. If touring in a country with amazing roads then maybe the advantages of the Street Scrambler are moot, but I feel that in India with broken roads and off-road sections all over the place while touring, the 19 inch front, spoke wheels and forward set footpegs + wide bars of the Street Scrambler offer a more ADV like riding experience. It's practically a mini adventure bike in many ways, just like the Desert Sled but less so. Where you would have to slow down or be careful on the Street Twin you can blast through on the Street Scrambler not worrying about bent rims, bottoming out or scraping your exhaust.

Pure off-road may or may not be required in Rahul4321's case, (and the Street Scrambler isn't great at pure off-road anyway) but with the advantages it provides, everything from speed breakers, potholes, broken roads, gravel trails etc. all become much more fun and easy on the Street Scrambler than on a Street Twin. Since this makes up a huge part of touring in India, I'd say that's an advantage.

Here is an article where the Sled and Street Scrambler get loaded up with luggage go on a serious adventure ride through Alaska, highlighting their capabilities as adventure tourers.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/moto...r-motorcycles/

Quote:
Thanks for very informative! Could you share more details on the reasons that made you switch from the Street Scrambler to the Tiger? Ive seen a lot of Street Triple owners upgrade to the Tiger as they wanted something less frenetic and more suited to Indian road conditions.
Yes although it might take away from the thread, I would be happy to elaborate.

Although I had no complaints with the SS, I felt like it was a bit small for my size (I am 6'2, 77kg). The standing posture was better than most bikes but low and somewhat cramped for me, especially when standing for longer durations. (I have attached a picture from my Tiger test ride to demonstrate this.)
I certainly took the Street Scrambler off-road and enjoyed riding fast off-road/gravel/trails but as I pushed it harder I soon came to the limits of the bike in terms of clearance, suspension and ergonomics.

The Street Scrambler was a great first bike and entry point into adventure touring, but I was ready for an upgrade that was better suited for my frame and to challenge me and push my horizons.

The Tiger 900 Rally Pro was the logical choice for me and test riding it confirmed my decision. In fact the Scrambler 1200 XE would have been ideal but it never came to India, so the Tiger was my only real choice. I have no regrets and absolutely love it. I feel like I've lost nothing from what I loved of the Street Scrambler but gained a lot in key areas (ergonomics, suspension, braking, engine, comfort).
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-screenshot-20210423-3.27.05-pm.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2021 at 08:34. Reason: Please don't use acronyms when referring to cars or bikes (e.g. SS). Only the full make & model please
suneel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 17:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question

1 - Tank Range
2 - Performance
3- Comfort

My height is 5'5

Thank you

If you hate downtime, kindly stick to India-made tourers. A major crash on an import usually entails 3 months downtime. Ducatis usually have longer downtimes.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 8th June 2021, 11:06   #11
BHPian

Ernie Vigil on the limited edition Steve McQueen Scrambler is a match made in heaven
imranstael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 15:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

Triumph Motorcycles India has been allotted 25 units of the Street Scrambler Sandstorm for sale in India.

Triumph reveals 2021 Street Scrambler and Sandstorm Limited Edition-20210616_161212.jpg

Each model will get a unique personalised certificate of authenticity stating the bike's VIN number. Only 775 units of the Street Scrambler Sandstorm limited edition will be manufactured worldwide.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th June 2021 at 16:13.
Old 16th June 2021, 20:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question

Can anyone tell me - what are the pros and cons of touring in India with either the Ducati Scrambler or the Triumph Scrambler
As Neil and Redliner have rightly said, either get a proper ADV or go with the Triumph.

If you are planning touring / off road, the Ducati is not the suitable vehicle.

Reasons below

1. Its a Ducati - parts and spares are a hassle. Murphy's law dictates that if something can go wrong, it will go wrong. On a road trip, something has to go wrong. You do not want to be stranded on the roadside with a Ducati when the nearest dealer is 1000 km away.

2. The Ducati scrambler is more of a lifestyle bike than an actual scrambler with touring skills. Yes, it portrays the image, but its just Ducati's way of addressing a market that has seen explosive growth amidst the decline in superbike purchases. You can take it off-roading, but its not really that good. Same as you can take a Merc GLS off-roading, but its not really built for that.

3. If you need major service for a Ducati, be prepared to wait a solid 3 months. Parts come from Italy. Italians tend to work 8 months a year. Do the math.

Ducati Scrambler is a city bike that gives you a taste for adventure. Triumph can take the actual abuse and is friendlier on your wallet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks