Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 09:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I empathize with your situation, but IMHO, you should have thoroughly checked the motorcycle at the time of delivery. Think of the situation from the POV of Triumph or its dealership head. If I was the owner of the dealership, it would basically be your word against that of the service staff. Believe me when I say this, customers also cheat dealerships all the time (not saying you did this at all - just stating a fact so we can empathize with them too).

Understood. But it's not impossible. I'd once lost a pair of sunglasses which I blamed on the service center. About a month or two later, I found out that my PA had emptied the car before service and sent it home in a plastic bag. The shades were lying in a corner of my home office.
I understand that not much is going to change nor will I get back the booster plug free of cost. I thought bringing this incident up might help other customers if they have put more expensive parts on their bikes. There was a error from my side to check, but error in trusting I suppose.
madhukar_n is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 09:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Keerthi Triumph and its bad customer service | Booster plug missing after service

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I think the issue was the clutch plate was worn and I had put a booster plug just last year. So after that there was a difference. With the new clutch plates, there was a performance difference similar to the way, when the bike was new. I thought it was the effect of the new clutch plates and the booster plug. That curiosity was the reason I opened to remove the booster plug.
From whatever I could read on their website, it wasn't doing anything good for you
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
From whatever I could read on their website, it wasn't doing anything good for you
according to me the biggest advantage is it reduces the stalling of the bikes.
madhukar_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 15:49   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Fifteen grand for something that just tricks the temp sensor to think air is colder and thus provide a more rich air/fuel ratio mix? I think it is good riddance. You would be much better off with a proper ecu tune IMO. These things are best left forgotten.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 22:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Fifteen grand for something that just tricks the temp sensor to think air is colder and thus provide a more rich air/fuel ratio mix? I think it is good riddance. You would be much better off with a proper ecu tune IMO. These things are best left forgotten.
At least for me, it was one of the best addtions I had on my Bonnie. My usage is predominantly in the city and the bike runs much much better, the dreaded throttle snatching is gone and the bike runs much cooler. Very evident from the colour of the header pipes, the bluish colour is totally gone over time. Its running for more than two years now and has been reliable with no adverse effects noticed.
dinu2506 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 00:17   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
At least for me, it was one of the best addtions I had on my Bonnie. My usage is predominantly in the city and the bike runs much much better, the dreaded throttle snatching is gone and the bike runs much cooler. Very evident from the colour of the header pipes, the bluish colour is totally gone over time. Its running for more than two years now and has been reliable with no adverse effects noticed.
I understand that it completely solves the issue of lean fueling at low rpms which is unfortunately how things run out of the box due to emission norms. BUT fifteen thousand is a lot for what this does.
IshaanIan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 08:02   #22
BHPian

I think we are going slightly off topic here. Its his bike and its upto him whether to have this thing installed or not. And if he believes that he is getting some benifit from it then whats wrong with him spending the x amount of money the seller is asking for ?
corvus corax is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 08:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I understand that it completely solves the issue of lean fueling at low rpms which is unfortunately how things run out of the box due to emission norms. BUT fifteen thousand is a lot for what this does.
Yes, you are right, the technology is simple and whether it is worth paying 15k for the tech is debatable. But I got value out of it over the last two years - mainly the transformed city riding experience, cooler running engine, no observed drop in mileage (maybe since it is able to run better in lower rpms), very importantly reliability. They are also easy to deal with in the purchase process and they ship free all over the world.
To solve the low rpm harsh running issue, I had tried lot of jugaads right from increasing idle rpm, using fuel additives, removing the secondary air injection and finally the booster plug. All had its own small improvements but the booster plug gave the best improvement for me. To the extent that I put back everything to stock including the SAI. Now happy with running the Booster Plug.
Of course I feel sad that the he is cheating the head of the family (ECU) Of course I would always choose a richer running engine than a lean one.

Last edited by dinu2506 : 5th March 2021 at 08:06.
dinu2506 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 08:17   #24
BHPian

I'm not sure if this should be about debating the merits and demerits of a booster plug and whether it works or is worth the Rs 15k. It's madhukar's money and he was happy with how he had spent it.

The core issue is that a part is missing after a service. It's highly unlikely that such a specific part can be stolen from his garage so all doubts can only be in one direction. Madhukar do keep us posted on Keerthi's continuing response to this issue.

The incident is clearly shocking.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 09:32   #25
BHPian

The works manager from Keerthi had called and he spoke to me and told that they dont take parts and maintained the stand that it may not have happened there.

This was my response to his mail and discussion -

We did speak on the phone. You have all the rights to maintain the stand you have mentioned in your email. But i reiterate the fact that the part was there when i gave the bike. I agree i did not mention it to you, but I guess it is now for your good that you incorporate the required checks and questions when we give the bike for service. If that was in place, then this situation would not have been there. So there is an issue in your process, so please make effort to correct it. When i took the bike, I did not check and only after a month i did realise. But the fact remains that in that 1 month period, the bike was in my garage and was not tampered with by anyone else. So I am telling the facts from my side. As i mentioned in the call, i know there is nothing much that can happen, but there should be effort from your side to build trust with the customers and to establish a process so that situations like this wont happen again.

But I will still end this with a disappointment note that this is not acceptable from iconic company like Triumph and its dealers.
madhukar_n is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:20   #26
BHPian

This is really sad but one really should double-check at the time of delivery else it becomes a case of your word against mine.

Speaking from experience in Triumph Kochi, they always do keep the old parts and hand them over to customers if we ask. There was a case in which once I didn't ask immediately and asked for it a few months down the line and they could not trace it (which is understandable imho).

Moral of the story - always double-check before taking delivery.
motorotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 17:23   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Moral of the story - always double-check before taking delivery.
Irrespective of brand and service Center, stand with the car/bike and get it serviced. Doing this since 1986, expecting Indian workshops to deliver to your liking is the biggest myth there. If they say it is not allowed, just walk out with your business.

Definitely not practical or ok after paying big bucks for brands, but that’s the way things are.

Jaggu is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 19:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Irrespective of brand and service Center, stand with the car/bike and get it serviced. Doing this since 1986, expecting Indian workshops to deliver to your liking is the biggest myth there. If they say it is not allowed, just walk out with your business.

Definitely not practical or ok after paying big bucks for brands, but that’s the way things are.

I would agree and go by it for my vehicles at least the initial few times. Once I build that confidence, I tend to leave it an come away. Worked well for mw.
Old 5th March 2021, 21:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
The works manager from Keerthi had called and he spoke to me and told that they dont take parts and maintained the stand that it may not have happened there.
Unfortunately, this was the outcome that I thought was inevitable. We Triumph owners have to keep burning our fingers and our wallets, thanks to the indifferent, inefficient and incompetent Triumph dealerships in India.

If there is one silver lining, it is that other Triumph and motorcycle owners, can learn from your experience and be more alert when they receive their bikes from a service. The sad reality is that the dealership in question will learn nothing from this. On Monday morning, it will be business as usual for them.
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:36   #30
BHPian

It looks like lot of rats and rodents are hiding inside the service Center. One of the rats must have climbed on your motorcycle and took away the booster plug. So let us not blame the dealer.

Probably the TI management can come out with innovative solutions to catch all the hiding rats.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks