Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 03:01   #286

Re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

Hi. I am new here. Just curious which sports bike to own if I want to go touring with my wife. Should be good for atleast 400 kms and it should have that proper sports bike feel if I am riding alone. I am not into proper tourer bikes. Thanks.

Mod Note: Your post is very poorly written and this negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd February 2024 at 04:51. Reason: Mod Note attached to post.
Drhimanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 07:25   #287
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drhimanshu View Post
Hi. I am new here. Just curious which sports bike to own if I want to go touring with my wife. Should be good for atleast 400 kms and it should have that proper sports bike feel if I am riding alone. I am not into proper tourer bikes. Thanks.
You have not specified any budget range or segment however depending on budget and riding experience, if it is a sports tourer you are after, here are some options that you may consider -
  • Kawasaki Ninja 300
  • Yamaha R3
  • Kawasaki Ninja 650
  • Honda CBR650R
  • Kawasaki Ninja 1000
  • Ducati Supersport 950

Yamaha might launch the R7 in India soon. Also, Triumph is gearing up to launch the Daytona 660 sometime later this year, an option worth waiting for.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 11:13   #288
Team-BHP Support

Agree with //M's list above. Also echo that it'll help refine responses if you can add a ballpark budget to the criteria. Absent that, what //M has listed is most of the relevant options I can also think of, off the bat.

You could perhaps add the Aprilia 457, the Ninja 650 and the upcoming Ninja 500 as well to this list.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:55   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Adding to //M and Axe77 above. Another two bikes you could look at are the BMW R1250RT and maybe the Hayabusa.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:11   #290
Senior - BHPian

As M and the others have said mention your budget and more importantly your riding experience. Even with a healthy budget one should have the riding experience to handle proper monster class bikes like the Hayabusa among many others.

Without the above details I would not be in a proper position to recommend anything.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:52   #291

Have had the Ninja 650 for the past 3 years, clocking thousands of kilometres and it has been a wonderful experience.

Have taken it for multiple long tours, both single and with a pillion, breakfast rides, and even to the BIC track a couple of times.

Recommend to take multiple test rides, if possible before deciding on on of the bikes, as shortlisted above by M & Axe77
abhi802 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 19:51   #292

Hello folks. Looking for a used Ducati Desert Sled. Preferably the 2019 and beyond version. Please do share the leads, if any

Thanks,
Viraj
Unohu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 22:03   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unohu View Post
Hello folks. Looking for a used Ducati Desert Sled. Preferably the 2019 and beyond version. Please do share the leads, if any

Thanks,
Viraj
These are relatively rare to find but there is a nice and clean white Desert Sled (low running if I’m not mistaken) kept for “park and sell” at the Infinity Ducati showroom, Santacruz at the moment. Contact their sales team and ask for details.

To the best of my knowledge it’ll be a very clean piece to consider too - i.e. genuine ownership history and should be well kept. The owner has multiple Superbikes.

Do your own diligence of course.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 07:02   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

To the best of my knowledge it’ll be a very clean piece to consider too - i.e. genuine ownership history and should be well kept. The owner has multiple Superbikes.
Unfortunately that has been sold
Unohu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 23:33   #295

The kind of thread I have been looking for!

Fellow Riders!

I am looking for a pre-owner CBR650r under 8 lakhs (can stretch if the condition of the bike demands).

I am in market for more than a year and I have not been able to find a decent one. I scoured through the FB and Insta pages but couldn't convince myself to shed the money on any of them for various reasons. Mainly trust!

I do not have friends who are into riding and most the trips I do on my Honda CBR250R are solo. I am also not active on social media (I downloaded FB and Insta just to search the bike).

Anyways, I have seen people on Reddit helping out folks who are searching for big bikes and thought you guys would be kind enough to help a brother out.
Sometimes I wonder if I should wait for one more year and save enough to get the latest CBR (as it being rumoured to make it to the Indian shores). But I will have to add at least 5 big ones as I know for sure that Honda will slap a price tag of >12 on it.

My criteria is 21 or 22 MY bike with <12000 KM on the odo and with a single owner.

Preferably the bikes that are not associated with any dealer or middlemen. As mentioned, I am sick and tired of dealing with them. So, any leads/guidance are much appreciated.

Thanks for your support!
Old 25th May 2024, 07:51   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEcoBeast View Post

I am looking for a pre-owner CBR650r
I do not have friends who are into riding and most the trips I do on my Honda CBR250R are solo.
My criteria is 21 or 22 MY bike with <12000 KM on the odo and with a single owner.

Preferably the bikes that are not associated with any dealer or middlemen. As mentioned, I am sick and tired of dealing with them. So, any leads/guidance are much appreciated.

Thanks for your support!
This literally felt like reading my own thoughts except for the following minor differences:

1. I have done a soft booking for a new CB650R at the dealership but they've had no clue of the launch date for the last 2 years. They are still clueless as ever.

I am tired of waiting and parallelly looking for a CB650R and open to a CBR650 with a budget of 9 lakhs here in Bangalore.

2. I also had a CBR250R that i used for 9 years for trips with my wife. I got bored of it and sold off for a Speed 400.

CB650 in the used market is rarer than a unicorn(the creature). The used bikes in Bangalore, in general, are priced very high (very close to a new bike at times) which does not make sense.

In the last 2 years, there were only 2-3 CBRs but were either with dealers, too expensive for a used bike or were modified bikes that the owner would not sell without accessories, which is expected.

For example, a CBR650 owner was quoting 10.5L IIRC for a used stock 2022 model CBR650R (sold for 11.5L on road when available) with the reasoning that a new launch would push the bike price to 13L on road.

Any leads in Bangalore too for a good less run CB/CBR650 would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by pratik_terni : 25th May 2024 at 07:57.
pratik_terni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 18:40   #297
BHPian

Posting my predicament here as well. I am keen on buying a used 2021/22/2023 Tiger900 Rally Pro with a budget of 13-14L KA, KL, MH or GA registration works. Not able to find too many option quite surprisingly, even though I believe that Tiger is one of the higher selling superbike.

I would have picked up a new one but am completely put off by the dealership experience and service horror stories. Makes more sense to buy a used one in good condition and get it serviced from outside
Old 25th May 2024, 20:40   #298
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manudon View Post
Posting my predicament here as well. I am keen on buying a used 2021/22/2023 Tiger900 Rally Pro with a budget of 13-14L KA, KL, MH or GA registration works. Not able to find too many option quite surprisingly, even though I believe that Tiger is one of the higher selling superbike.

I would have picked up a new one but am completely put off by the dealership experience and service horror stories. Makes more sense to buy a used one in good condition and get it serviced from outside
As your mentioned location is Bangalore, there must be alternative dealership options considering that the Triumph 400 twins have led to Triumph opening multiple stores specially in major cities. Also, you can check nearby dealerships maybe in Chennai or Coimbatore or Kochi or Hyderabad where the experience of buyers may be a whole lot better.

The Tiger 900 Rally Pro retails for 16 L (on-road) in Delhi. If you ain’t getting pre owned examples for 13-14 L, it totally makes sense to spend a little more and enjoy a brand new motorcycle. Please do not let the local dealer ruin your experience of owning an otherwise amazing product.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 07:38   #299
BHPian

Quote:

Mod Note: Your post is very poorly written and this negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.
Hello Himanshu. My reply is a bit late but may be useful for other people in same situation hence answering.

My suggestions are rather based on exclusion. As per your criteria, I am listing the bikes that are NOT for you.

Sportsbikes- too uncomfortable for pillion- Panigales, ZX6 and 10R, BMW S1000RR, Yamaha R1, Daytona. Only bike from this segment that is somewhat pillion friendly and can do 400+kms in a day is Hayabusa.

You have already eliminated all tourers and by association I presume all cruisers, adventures and trailies are out.

Of the big bikes, this still leaves us with a lot of choices. The bikes that would fulfill your criteria are-

Street bikes- Z650 800 900 (my second choice as its reliable, common and quite sporty.) 1000, N1000, 650. Honda CB 650, 1000, yamaha FZ1 (too old now)
Triumph street triple (highly recommended - my first choice as its lightest in weight of the lot). CBR 650 and R would be my third choice after Striple and Z 8/900.
Also look at Benelli 600i. Ducati scrambler. Ducati Monster.

Also try BMW1250 GS. Despite being an ADV, the well balanced boxer engine makes them quite a cornering friendly bike even with a pillion.

As rightly pointed out by others, smaller sportsbikes are better in pillion comfort as they are not too aggressive. Hence N300, 400, Yamaha R3, newly launched Aprilia 457, GS 310 , RC 200, 400 all fit the bill and 400 kms a day is not at all a big deal for them.

If going used, I'd rather prefer a bike in better condition than a more preferred bike.

Happy hunting.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th May 2024 at 12:59. Reason: Great post but too many typos and spacing edits required. Pls do proofread posts before submitting.
Entsurgeon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 19:37   #300

In the last 2 years, there were only 2-3 CBRs but were either with dealers, too expensive for a used bike or were modified bikes that the owner would not sell without accessories, which is expected.

For example, a CBR650 owner was quoting 10.5L IIRC for a used stock 2022 model CBR650R (sold for 11.5L on road when available) with the reasoning that a new launch would push the bike price to 13L on road.

I feel you brother! Sometimes I think of taking the plunge and putting my bet on a different bike, but the heart scraps the thought itself.

For me there is no room for reasoning. I just love the CBR - the 250 and its big brother. My love for it left me stranded in the middle of nowhere. There is no pre-owned route to take and no update on the new launch.

We Indians sure deserve better treatment from Honda in particular.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks