Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 00:17   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

Bookings open for Africa Twin DCT in Bangalore , dealer confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
You're spot-on with the Delhi price of 19.5 on road price.
And the fact that there's no available AT pan-India currently.
Called the dealers at Bangalore as well as Gurgaon and both said the same thing.
And both will start accepting bookings in October.
The AT in question has engine-guards/body guards/bark-busters/side-stand extenders/head-light protectors.
I guess 17.5 would be a reasonable price considering the accessories.

I was just being too optimistic about the fast depreciation of superbikes and expected a 20-25% depreciation since it was 13 months.

Should I consider buying the BMW F850 GSA instead?
Or does that not hold any candle to an Africa Twin?
Old 9th September 2022, 06:33   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And the fact that there's no available AT pan-India currently.
Called the dealers at Bangalore as well as Gurgaon and both said the same thing.
And both will start accepting bookings in October.
The AT in question has engine-guards/body guards/bark-busters/side-stand extenders/head-light protectors.
I guess 17.5 would be a reasonable price considering the accessories.
It’s still a hint on the pricey side but if its a great bike I wouldn’t let a marginal premium stop me if I liked it in all other respects. What you described may have cost close to 75-100k worth in accessories anyway. II’m sure there are some you may not have mentioned above like radiator guard etc. If you have Aux lights as well that’s a definite bonus.

Also, if I’m not mistaken the next batch of bookings are for DCT alone or are they for MT as well? If they’re only taking DCT bookings you anyway don’t have much options for a new manual Africa Twin.

Quote:
They’re both great bikes - ride both and see which one appeals to you. The 850 has been priced superbly too, relative to the segment. If you’re operating in that 17 +/- budget I’d say you’re likely better off with the AT / 900 Rally Pro, which you should check out too.

All these three are great all rounders. Some complain about the relatively lower ground clearance of the AT - an area where the Rally Pro and 850 GS will both score. Having said that, I personally find the 850 GS just REALLY tall - definitely much more than the Africa Twin.

Ride each one and see which one “connects” with you. At that price point, buy the bike that appeals to you the most, even if the budget is marginally here and there. And only you can answer which bike had the most connect.
Old 11th September 2022, 23:32   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Is a year-old Honda AT Manual with an odometer reading of 10,000 km, 1st Owner registered in Delhi with an asking price of 17.5 lakh worth buying?
17.5 is actually a good price.

Typical accessories for an AT(AS) range around 1-3L (budget options - premium). That’s the markup to be considered over the cost of a new bike.

There is speculation that Honda will bring only DCTs in the next batch. That makes availability an issue.

If Honda increases ex-showroom prices next year, the market shall auto correct accordingly.

Last edited by GoBlue : 11th September 2022 at 23:34.
Old 12th September 2022, 00:04   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Both are good bikes. Buy what you like.

Technically, an 850cc bike is a different proposition from an 1100cc one. BMW offers D-ESA at the Rear which could be nice if you like that kind of gadgetry. Do note that 850GS platform engines are manufactured in China. The heart itself is not really German.

I would personally not spend 17.5L on a pre-owned bike. A new ATAS or a new 850GS for that kind of budget would be preferable.

2-3L isn’t significant price differential to justify buying a pre-owned piece.

All the best for your bike acquisition.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:53   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
It’s still a hint on the pricey side but if its a great bike I wouldn’t let a marginal premium stop me if I liked it in all other respects. What you described may have cost close to 75-100k worth in accessories anyway. II’m sure there are some you may not have mentioned above like radiator guard etc. If you have Aux lights as well that’s a definite bonus.

Also, if I’m not mistaken the next batch of bookings are for DCT alone or are they for MT as well? If they’re only taking DCT bookings you anyway don’t have much options for a new manual Africa Twin.

They’re both great bikes - ride both and see which one appeals to you. The 850 has been priced superbly too, relative to the segment. If you’re operating in that 17 +/- budget I’d say you’re likely better off with the AT / 900 Rally Pro, which you should check out too.

All these three are great all rounders. Some complain about the relatively lower ground clearance of the AT - an area where the Rally Pro and 850 GS will both score. Having said that, I personally find the 850 GS just REALLY tall - definitely much more than the Africa Twin.

Ride each one and see which one “connects” with you. At that price point, buy the bike that appeals to you the most, even if the budget is marginally here and there. And only you can answer which bike had the most connect.

Just visited the BigWings Showroom in Gurgaon.

Correction at my end -
18L on road AT manual.
19.75L on road AT DCT.

The 17.5L for the year-old AT manual seems unreasonable when I saw these prices regardless of the accessories.

I don't really mind the tall seating on the F850 GS as I'm 6'2" and could flat-foot the GS as well.

Lastly, a birdie told me that the Ducati Desert X should reach our shores in Q1 2023 and should be priced in the 16-17L bracket.
Would you know if that's true ?

Thank you
saravcshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 14:46   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Correction at my end -
18L on road AT manual.
19.75L on road AT DCT.

The 17.5L for the year-old AT manual seems unreasonable when I saw these prices regardless of the accessories.
At these numbers, even with the accessories the asking is slightly on the higher side. I'd have picked new at this price difference. Of course, you can't ignore that the pricing is likely also influenced by the lack of new manual ATs in the current scenario. Even I've heard that the next batch will be all DCT.

Quote:
Lastly, a birdie told me that the Ducati Desert X should reach our shores in Q1 2023 and should be priced in the 16-17L bracket.
Would you know if that's true ?
Yes that's what I've heard as well on timing - Q1 next year. Hard to comment on price but it should be in the ballpark of the junior Multistrada. Great option specially if you're going to be offroad biased. I'd just add that the upkeep of a Honda and Ducati are pretty much at the polar opposite ends of the spectrum.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 16:36   #262
BHPian

Came across this listing for speed triple 1200 RS in Pune. Seems like a test ride bike owned by showroom with very low mileage.

https://www.triumphapproved.in/preow...a1-1200-cc/145
vijai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 18:59   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
Came across this listing for speed triple 1200 RS in Pune. Seems like a test ride bike owned by showroom with very low mileage.
Must be a test ride bike since it is not registered, but with only 1447 on the odometer, wow. Looks brand new too, wonder what’s the catch. This one is close to 24 lacs on road, almost eight lacs less seems amazing if all is well.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 20th September 2022 at 19:01.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 20:13   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Must be a test ride bike since it is not registered, but with only 1447 on the odometer, wow. Looks brand new too, wonder what’s the catch. This one is close to 24 lacs on road, almost eight lacs less seems amazing if all is well.

Cheers
It is indeed the demo bike but its the ex-showroom price (unregistered bike).

I’m guessing with taxes, on road, it will end up around 19.5L or so. Also, my sense was its closer to 22.xx/23 max (not 24) but I’m not entirely sure on that.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th September 2022 at 21:02.
Old 20th September 2022, 22:50   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
It is indeed the demo bike but its the ex-showroom price (unregistered bike).
Yes, it's 2lakh lesser than ex-showroom for a new one. May be could save a few on registration tax as well. I feel 2 lakhs is still a good save if the bike has no niggles and may be could bargain more on more discount/warranty terms.
vijai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 06:33   #266
BHPian

if it's a dealer bike, and has warranty, then it's a no brainer. Should be a good buy.

I am guessing the 2023 models should be coming shortly, so dealer will try to clear out inventory now.
Old 21st September 2022, 12:12   #267
BHPian

Went through the Triumph's pre-owned section. Some of the demo units have been put on sale. There is one bike with about 8000 kms on the ODO. Please see the link below:

link here

Will there not be a problem when a unregistered bike with such mileage come for fresh registration?

Will it be more like the registration has to be done in the locality of the dealership as they can "wiggle" their way to get the registration done?
skviknaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:08   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Will there not be a problem when a unregistered bike with such mileage come for fresh registration?
No, mileage should not have any links with the registration process. These are dealer demo bikes, so it will be passed to customer as first owner. This is quite common in dealerships, especially for premium bikes.

There is no wiggling. The bikes are already on the RTO database as dealer vehicles with temporary registration.
no_fear is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 20:03   #269
BHPian

Hello folks, am looking to buy a pre owned Suzuki V Strom 650 XT and have shortlisted a bike with following details

Registration Year 2020
Odo reading about 15,000 kms
KA registered, up to date on insurance and service records
Asking price 8 lacs plus accessories at additional cost

Now, my dilemma is, the current OTR price is about 11 lacs. Back in 2020, I think it was about 9 lacs (BS6 brought in a price hike of about 1.8 lacs if am not wrong). So, 1 lac depreciation for a 3 year old machine ( works out to about 11% for 3 years), plus the additional cost for used accessories, is this justified? Or am I just over thinking?

My brother suggests to go for a new one if the used price is so high and I am unable to decide. Any advise or suggestions welcome. Thanks
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 22:07   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
Hello folks, am looking to buy a pre owned Suzuki V Strom 650 XT and have shortlisted a bike with following details

Registration Year 2020
Odo reading about 15,000 kms
KA registered, up to date on insurance and service records
Asking price 8 lacs plus accessories at additional cost

Now, my dilemma is, the current OTR price is about 11 lacs. Back in 2020, I think it was about 9 lacs (BS6 brought in a price hike of about 1.8 lacs if am not wrong). So, 1 lac depreciation for a 3 year old machine ( works out to about 11% for 3 years), plus the additional cost for used accessories, is this justified? Or am I just over thinking?

My brother suggests to go for a new one if the used price is so high and I am unable to decide. Any advise or suggestions welcome. Thanks
If you can afford a new bike just go for it. It makes little sense to buy a 3 year old bike for such little discount over a new bike.
bf1983 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks