Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 12:55   #31
BHPian

re: Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranstael View Post
I do think that 210mm is probably enough for touring and luggage/pillion. It is impressive that the lowered Asia spec AT has 210mm to be honest. I believe the Tiger 800 XR was around 180 or so if I am not mistaken.

There is no magic number for ground clearance. Those with less GC on tours will find work arounds, less aggressive lines and in worst case scenarios let their bash plates do what they were designed for. That being said, the more the merrier if handling the vehicle is not a concern.
Agree with with you @imranstael.

To put things into clearer perspective, below are the (unladen) ground clearance numbers (in descending order) for some ADV/Sport Touring bikes that are/were sold in India:

1. BMW F850GS: 249 mm (with aluminum bash plate)
Source: https://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/2...f850gs-review/

2. Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro: 229 mm (with aluminum bash plate)
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Triumph/com...und_clearance/

3. Honda Africa Twin MT (Lowered/Asia Spec): 210 mm (with aluminum bash plate)
Source: https://www.hondabigwing.in/Content/...%20website.pdf

4. Triumph Tiger 800 XR/XRx: 203 mm (with bash plate)
Source: https://www.carandbike.com/compare-b...variant2=10320

4. KTM Duke 390 ADV: 200 mm (appears to be with bash plate)
https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mo...enture_20.html

5. BMW R1200 GS Adventure: 195 mm (with bash plate)
Source: https://www.bikewale.com/compare-bik...-gs-adventure/

6. KTM Duke 790: 186 mm (special mention, obviously not an ADV bike but the ground clearance number stands out)
Source: https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mo...90_Duke_18.htm

7. BMW R1200 / R1250 GS: 185 mm (not sure if this is with/without a bash plate)
Source: https://www.carandbike.com/compare-b...adventure-1549

8. Kawasaki Versys 300: 180 mm (not sure if this is with/without a bash plate)
Source: https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/202...e-specs-price/

9. Ducati Multistrada 950S: 170 mm (Aluminum bash plate) / 188 mm (Plastic bash plate)
Source: https://ducati-specs.com/models/duca...trada-950.html

10. Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT: 170 mm (With bash plate)
Source: https://www.autox.com/new-bikes/suzu...pecifications/

11. Kawasaki Versys 650: 170 mm
Source: https://kawasaki-india.com/bikes/versys-650/

12. Kawasaki Versys 1000: 150 mm
Source: https://kawasaki-india.com/bikes/versys1000/

Bikes for which ground clearance numbers have not been published by manufacturer/available on internet:
- BMW R1250 GS Adventure
- Triumph Tiger 900 GT
- BMW F900 XR
- BMW F750 GS
- BMW F850 GS Adventure
- Triumph Tiger 800 XCA

If one looks at above data objectively, the LOWERED Honda Africa Twin actually has fairly respectable ground clearance for the touring/off-roading needs of most people.

Those who have exceptional needs (enthusiasts with advanced skill levels) can get the Africa Twin's front forks/rear shock replaced with those of the USA variant (which would then take the ground clearance to 250mm), or better yet, buy that Kawasaki KX250f with 324 mm of ground clearance

Perhaps we as biking enthusiasts should try to avoid mere opinions replacing objectivity.

Last edited by GoBlue : 30th March 2021 at 13:09.
GoBlue is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 17:35   #32
Team-BHP Support

This is a REALLY sexy review of the 2020 ATAS being ridden alongside a 2017 version. You don’t have to like / dislike the Africa Twin per se - its regardless just a joy to watch how the review has been put together. Stay with it - it really gets fun as it progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Agree with with you @imranstael.

To put things into clearer perspective, below are the (unladen) ground clearance numbers (in descending order) for some ADV/Sport Touring bikes that are/were sold in India:
If one looks at above data objectively, the LOWERED Honda Africa Twin actually has fairly respectable ground clearance for the touring/off-roading needs of most people.

Those who have exceptional needs (enthusiasts with advanced skill levels) can get the Africa Twin's front forks/rear shock replaced with those of the USA variant (which would then take the ground clearance to 250mm)
Thanks for sharing these. Prospective buyers could consider these figures in conjunction with the travel stats which are also quite relevant.

I had a quick look at the 900 GT suspension travel numbers and the 2020 Africa Twin figures seemed comparable or perhaps a hint better. Personally I am mostly a solo traveler and perfectly happy with the ground clearance and suspension travel both of the existing XRX (/GT). Given the AT matches or marginally improves on those figures would more than work for me if (when? ) I were to be in the reckoning.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 20:42   #33
BHPian

Haven’t ridden much since getting the bike. Was waiting for the RTO number plate to arrive. That happened recently, which let me take her out for a spin. Shall let pictures do the talking.

It is a massive bike. Pictures do not do justice to how massive this thing is in-person. The stance is just perfect, especially as it’s lowered.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-c19c2033ad2c42a5a808effe51b9c407.jpeg

Installed the front fairing and engine guards sourced from Heed, Poland. The quality of the guards is delicious, the silver finish looks incredible in contrast with the gloss black. Some AT owners prefer to go with black coloured guards. Not me. I prefer contrasting colours.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-4fd04ac1683948f49da1e692ed3c7d43.jpeg

A first-person view of how the dashboard looks from the seat.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-81dbb82f0efb4130927efde5e5699ffc.jpeg

If you are a tech nerd, you’ll love the plethora of electronic features that this switchboard offers. I on the other hand, am technology illiterate. Would need atleast a year to figure out exactly what these switches do. For now, I’m satisfied knowing how to change the power modes.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-c52e99cf67184335893c0aa8f3f69cb1.jpeg

The IMPOSING front.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-da8e1304395042b7b34ca313e4adcb99.jpeg

The beautiful fully adjustable front suspension and the TFT. A joy to look at the premium quality and feel that this lends to the bike.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-19dd3581d3e04a9cb6929a451358a895.jpeg

Last edited by GoBlue : 2nd April 2021 at 20:54.
GoBlue is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:56   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Shall let pictures do the talking.

It is a massive bike. Pictures do not do justice to how massive this thing is in-person. The stance is just perfect, especially as it’s lowered.
Amazing pics. Would be interesting to understand specific thought process on selecting the MT over the DCT?

Quote:
A first-person view of how the dashboard looks from the seat.
If you are a tech nerd, you’ll love the plethora of electronic features that this switchboard offers. I on the other hand, am technology illiterate. Would need atleast a year to figure out exactly what these switches do. For now, I’m satisfied knowing how to change the power modes.
Haha, true that. I took a very short test ride yesterday (maybe 3 - 5 kms) and it took me halfway of the test ride to find the left / right indicator switch. The left side was just so busy and i could not look away from the road long enough to find it. Until I finally stopped at a signal. The horn too is a tiny button crouched within several others and took me a bit to find the position (my muscle memory is to tiger position) without looking down.

The controls and level of customisation is incredible.

SOME NOTES FROM MY BRIEF TEST RIDE OF THE NEW 2020 MANUAL VERSION

My few quick observations from the very short test ride of the 2020 MT (I will need a much longer test ride for any meaningful conclusions.

1. The bike is just the right size on ergonomics, reach to ground, handlebar position (nice and wide) etc. For reference, I am 5’4” and I can be one foot down comfortably or alternately both feet but on half feet down (not tippy toes - bit better than that).
2. While the bike does carry weight, just like the change from Tiger 800 to 900, the block is mounted differently (more forward and lower) so that the CG is reduced and the bike does not feel as top heavy. Combined with the lower seat height, this makes all the difference on how “manageable” the bike feels. I did not find it heavy at stop, and definitely not while it was on the move. Absolutely easy to pilot and I would venture that despite its additional weight, I found it as easy (if not easier) to move and change lanes at traffic lights etc (moving it pretty much at standstill to change lane etc).
3. I did spend a little time turning it around simulating parking situations within the Honda dealership and that too was perfectly manageable. Felt the same as my XRX to me.
4. Love the exhaust sound. Compared to the twin sounding Tiger 900 and this, I think this bike sounds nicer - it has that big bike twin sound as opposed to the Tiger 900 that doesn’t sound as good.
5. Windscreen design - This is definitely a huge miss. The windscreen is weirdly tall and just badly designed. While I didn’t really go beyond 90 kmph my gut feel is it’ll have a lot of side buffeting as well. If anyone buys an AT, I think a decent aftermarket screen might be one of the first things to consider aside from basic protective equipment.
6. My second off-road helmet is a perfect match to the Africa Twin in this color scheme. (See pic, its on the mirror). Will ask my wife if that alone is good enough reason to buy the bike but something tells me I know her answer to that.
7. The MT felt incredible smooth to ride. The clutch is absolutely effortless. I can’t wait to see what the DCT feels like.
8. Seat is really thin and narrow, in part aiding its reachabilty. I would however be interested to know how comfortable this is on long touring. I feel its pretty hard as well and on a long ride, the Tiger’s seat might actually be much more comfortable. Will be interesting to hear owner speak here based on their long rides.
9. The pictured color combo is hands down my FAVOURITE color combo on the Africa Twin. And I am comparing it with all the ATs I have seen since 2017 in saying that. So happy that 2021 brings this color in the DCT - not that I am a 2021 customer but still.
10. For comparison purpose, in 2021 speak, if you are a Tiger 900 GT customer, my sense is that the Africa Twin MT / DCT is a compelling alternative, albeit at a higher price. It carries a bit of extra weight penalty (always relevant however well it is masked) but it gives you the option of a 21” tubeless spoked wheel. Of course the counterpoint is that if you’re a pure tourer, then the alloy 19” option is actually more suitable.
If on the other hand you are much more off road centric rider, I think the Rally Pro (at almost similar price to the MT and with a few add ones like factory Aux lights) is a much superior option. Firstly, less weight is always better and the Tiger now carries its reduced weight, lower too for better CG. The Tiger also has superior ground clearance as well as superior suspension travel, and for pure off-roading the Tiger just generally brings it together brilliantly. I still think in the middle weight segment today - the RallyPro is THE benchmark. I am one of the few outliers who will value the Africa Twin in contrast since it brings some distinct advantages over the Rally Pro in terms of its ergonomics for a shorter rider like me. Of course this is my intuitive opinion without the benefit of actual off-roading on the AT-AS.

Finally I would say that bikes in particular are the last things to judge on paper specs. It really comes down to how they feel when you’re on the saddle and that is also very individual to the rider as well, both in terms of the rider’s size and his style and skill of riding. I also feel this is why price takes a slight back seat because ultimately, given the relatively fewer choices (compared to cars), if a bike really hits the spot for a particular rider, then at least for me, the price may not be the foremost reason to reject it. I would swallow some level of price difference between two products if one of them just checks the max boxes for me compared to the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-350adc1d5d764025aebfa9de0a9f1028.jpeg  

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-c419d69f540c40fe9bc7a2ec1489183e.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd April 2021 at 11:03.
Axe77 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Would be interesting to understand specific thought process on selecting the MT over the DCT?
Some of the below aspects influenced my decision to go for MT over DCT (in descending order of priority):

1. Like shifting gears on a motorcycle, period. Do NOT like quick-shifters, which thankfully, Honda doesn't mandate one to pay for on a top-variant. It's offered as an optional accessory.

2. DCT weighs 10 kg more than MT. Do not prefer bike variants with additional weight impact.

3. Long term reliability of Manual transmission is well established. DCT gear-box on my VW Polo failed after 60k km/5 years. Quite likely that Honda motorcycle DCT is an exception and reliable. However after having experienced a DCT failure personally, it has dented my faith in DCT technology. Have made a mental note to not purchase DCT gearbox equipped vehicle again.

Having said that, would like to clarify that there are thousands of Honda Africa Twin DCTs chugging on over the years without any issues whatsoever (all around the planet).
Quite possible that the Japanese have nailed a challenging DCT implementation on a motorcycle while the Wolfsburg-based Germans have failed miserably with their cars. DCT gearbox fans, please stop sharpening them knives.

4. Don't prefer the white color scheme. Find it to be a bit too over-powering which would make it an attention magnet on the street. Having owned a white color motorcycle prior, know the effort it takes to keep it looking clean.

5. Don't prefer the asymmetry which DCT lends to the Africa Twin's silhouette: bike looks bigger from one side.

6. Don't ride/plan to ride, off-road: DCT's have gotten high praise from owners all over the world for not letting the bike stall in tricky off-road sections. Based on my tarmac riding use-case, cannot utilize this strength of the DCT - do not have that desire for off-road riding. For me, the Africa Twin is a sport-tourer, not an ADV. It can eat up pathetic MH roads while keeping the rider in a bubble of comfort.

7. It is said that the DCT makes riding in city/city-traffic easier. Already have another Honda two-wheeler for city use. It's known as "Activa".

8. There is a view/perception that a pedal shifter accessory (has to be paid for separately) can be fitted to a DCT Africa Twin which would then make it almost similar in usage to an MT. However based on some reading, found out that the pedal shifter cannot be fitted if full engine guards are fitted. Heed (guards which I wanted to fit) mentions this limitation in their documentation. Perhaps there are other guards (Altrider, Outback etc.) which accommodate the pedal shifter accessory, present DCT owners can comment.

Quote:
The horn too is a tiny button crouched within several others and took me a bit to find the position (my muscle memory is to tiger position) without looking down.
Haha! Yes, the horn and indicator positions are inter-changed. God knows why they did this, but one gets used to it after a week into ownership. I can understand however, that it'd be tricky on a limited distance test-ride.

Last edited by GoBlue : 5th April 2021 at 13:36.
GoBlue is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 13:16   #36
BHPian

Alright folks, without too many words, introducing to you all -

Bagheera - My 2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports!

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-bagheera.jpg

And a couple of pictures of my riding buddies who were part of the delivery event (many more couldn't make it sadly due to the current circumstances, but were present in spirit!).. And of course, my better half who is a big part of my motorcycling life and travels!

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-258c43712a91440dbdc63da6c49f7fee.jpg

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-san.jpg

Finally, the only good snap I have as of now of Bagheera - after a full body PPF treatment.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-1.jpg
Added_flavor is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 13:22   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Dear Sir!!

It's a beautiful bike and nothing else would have been a better upgrade, maybe a BMW, but then you always need something to upgrade to later as well. Looking forward to seeing Bagheera in flesh soon.

Wish you thousands of miles of safe riding, and may Bagheera take you to new places, which were not accessible earlier.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:26   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

Cannot WAIT to read more about your ownership feedback. Btw - I notice you seem to have bought side panniers as well. They look very similar to the Tiger ones - are they by GIVI by any chance? That's what they look like.

I assume if this is a 2021 model then its the Manual. Seems to be raining MT Africa Twins here.

Safe riding and congratulations - it looks absolutely SPLENDID. That head on photo on top is one of the nicest head on pics I have seen of the AT by the way.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 16:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

Congrats on the beautiful machine.

Look forward to hearing your review as well. Do share with us what you like, plan to change/mod, reasoning behind this choice over alternatives, and of course many more pics!
imranstael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 10:06   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Congratulations Dear Sir!!

It's a beautiful bike and nothing else would have been a better upgrade, maybe a BMW, but then you always need something to upgrade to later as well. Looking forward to seeing Bagheera in flesh soon.

Wish you thousands of miles of safe riding, and may Bagheera take you to new places, which were not accessible earlier.
Thank you Sir !!! I need to earn way more money to think of owning and maintaining a European bike, especially since I tend to cover a lot of miles. And by the way, things are still under wraps from your end eh?

Quote:
Cannot WAIT to read more about your ownership feedback. Btw - I notice you seem to have bought side panniers as well. They look very similar to the Tiger ones - are they by GIVI by any chance? That's what they look like.

I assume if this is a 2021 model then its the Manual. Seems to be raining MT Africa Twins here.

Safe riding and congratulations - it looks absolutely SPLENDID. That head on photo on top is one of the nicest head on pics I have seen of the AT by the way.
Thank you Sir! I will clock some miles before I am in a position to write an objective review.

Regarding side panniers, sorry to disappoint you, but the Bagheera introduction picture is flicked from the internet to create some drama. However, all my crash protection and luggage systems will be Givi and are in transit as I write this. For the side luggage, I am yet to decide on soft vs hard luggage as both have their pros and cons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranstael View Post
Congrats on the beautiful machine.

Look forward to hearing your review as well. Do share with us what you like, plan to change/mod, reasoning behind this choice over alternatives, and of course many more pics!
Thank you Imran. I shall write down my thoughts on the same soon.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 09:16   #41
BHPian

I found these images on one of the rider group chats. It isn't very often you see these two beasts together. They actually appear to be about the same size!

I hope this helps potential buyers who are cross shopping, get an idea of the visual impact of these two machines. They really do look like long lost brothers.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_8493-copy.jpg  

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_8496.jpg  

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-attiger2.jpg  

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-attiger.jpg  

imranstael is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 21:11   #42
BHPian

I had the privilege to ride the DCT from Jodhpur to Mt Abu twice this March. This is a perfect Do-It-All bike. It performed great in 42 degree temperatures while the Harleys in our group were having detonation issues.
nitinsharma1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:14   #43
BHPian

Re: New 1100cc Honda Africa Twin coming soon. Edit: Launched at 15.35 lakhs

Minor changes announced by Honda to MY 2022 Africa Twin:

While the base variants get different color trims, it is the Adventure Sports trim that remains relevant for India. It gets paint-scheme changes for both the DCT/Manual variants as well as some software tweaking for the DCT (to improve it's low speed behavior). Hawk-eyed BHPians would also notice the subtle change made to the golden paint-scheme of the front forks. Height of the stock wind-screen has been reduced by 110 mm (which most owners would concur, was too tall on the 2020 MY bikes).

Hope Honda launches the Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES (Electronic Suspension) as well the Africa Twin (base variant) trim in FY 2022. These 2 trims if made available at varying price points, have the capacity to make a strong impact in the ADV bike market. The Adventure Sports trim is already sold out for FY 2021-22. Hope someone at Honda India has the interest/enthusiasm to make this happen.

While both Adventure Sports paint-schemes can be optioned as DCT/MT (+/-) Electronic Suspension trims in 1st world countries, India has so far been given fixed color schemes for the DCT/MT models.

Sharing images of the MY 2022 Adventure Sports trim for reference:

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-6xqxlsdp3bh2tktgxfejdjyrim.jpg

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-atas_black.jpg

Source: https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/ho...ica-twin-2022/

Last edited by GoBlue : 2nd September 2021 at 13:34.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 23:47   #44
BHPian

Re: New 1100cc Honda Africa Twin coming soon. Edit: Launched at 15.35 lakhs

2021 CRF1100L Africa Twin Adventure Sports MT | Initial Impressions

Whew, the bike name's a mouthful.

While it has been about 5 months after having taken delivery, haven't been able to ride the bike as much as I'd have liked to. Primarily due to the 2 months of crazy lockdowns in April to May, followed by the saga of "restrictions" that plagued the state of Maharashtra after the lockdown was relaxed.

However, the ~1500 km of riding has been a wonderful experience. Sharing some pictures accompanied by thoughts.

A gift sent by Bikegear.in. A lovely gesture. Would recommend these folks in case one needs to purchase accessories that need to be imported from abroad.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_2199.jpeg

First long ride to Wai with BHPians TheCelestial (XPulse) & AnandPadhye (Ninja 1000).

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_2583.jpeg

While this colour looks muted in pictures, it pops nicely in-person. The black + gold combination looks classy. Not a fan of the tri-clour white/blue/red paint scheme. Yes, Mapro Wai use self-grown cabbages in their sandwiches.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_2581.jpeg

This is the parking technique I prefer. XXL sized cover needed due to the extra tall windscreen. Two chains (+lock per chain) keep the bike safe from curious kids (and occassionally curious adults).

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_2567.jpeg

A ride to the backwaters of Panshet Lake (near Pune) with BHPians The_Skyliner (MS 950S) and TheCelestial (XPulse). Maharashtra is beautiful during the monsoons, there are many places that are easily accessible from Pune within a 2-3 hour ride radius.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_4680.jpeg

Got the front crash guards from Heed and the rear guards/pannier mounts from Touratech USA. The Touratech folks messed up the order and sent the guards without the rear U-bracket. Thanks to Bikegear's diligence in following up with Touratech, the U-shaped bracket arrived after a delay of 1.5 months.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_4676.jpeg

Got the bike detailed/ceramic coated from Detailing Devils, Pune. Would recommend these folks when it comes to detailing, lovely work along with VFM pricing.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_4553.jpeg

The metallic black has silver flakes which look absolutely brilliant in sunlight.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-inkedimg_4552_li.jpg

BigWing Mumbai service technicians drove down to my residence to get the first service done. Love this option which they offer, makes it extremely convenient for Pune owners. Some enthusiastic owners do ride to Mumbai to get the bike serviced, however one needs to invest an entire day for this "mission", which I am not a fan of.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_4623.jpeg

Old oil out, new oil in.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-inkedimg_4624_li.jpg

Soothing to see a nicely cleaned/lubed chain, especially when done by someone else. Gave them my own WD40 (for chain cleaning) and Putoline Tech Chain lube, both of which I'm particular about. Cannot stand random lubes/cleaners being used on my bikes.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_4628.jpeg

Got the Kriega fork seal covers fitted. Apparently CRF1000/1100 front forks have been susceptible to leaking quite early in ownership if left exposed to the elements. Honda is human after all.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_4629.jpeg

A lovely ride to some interior roads surrounding Pune with BHPians HappySmiles (CRF1000L DCT), BHPian Libranof1987 and some other BHPians (their handles elude recollection at the time of writing this post. Sorry, gentlemen).

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-ddf725a5a7cd48eda75f430950958f11.jpg

Another incredible ride to Pune B-roads with BHPians HappySmiles and BHPian GrowlingTiger. His "growling tiger" 800 XCa has been replaced by a silky smooth V-Strom 650.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_5364.jpeg

A wonderful B-road ride with BHPian TheCelestial and BHPian SurjaOnWheelz (INT 650)

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_5732.jpeg

Empty B roads, perfect for enjoying peaceful rides.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_5727.jpeg

A look at the gorgeous TFT display of the AT. Seen here: the Apple CarPlay home screen. The background skins are configurable, multiple options of skins/themes available (3 themes stored in memory display unit memory). There's Android Auto too for those who use Android phones.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_6486.jpg

Google Maps full-screen display. While normal to see this on car infotainment displays, it is a brilliant experience to use it seamlessly on a bike.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_6484.jpg

Can play any music app that's available as a part of CarPlay and have the music played on Sena (or any other BT compatible communicator). The music can be controlled using buttons on left-side of handle-bar.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_6483.jpg

Information overload. The gear position indicator and the tachometer are very easy to spot when riding. Honda's effort in UX shows, all of the information is legible when riding under direct sunlight. The TFT has an ambient light sensor that changes theme from light to dark, along with the brightness itself. Outstanding tech.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-img_6488.jpg

When starting early for rides, pitch dark lighting conditions necessitated the addition of aux lights. Seen here is BHPian Nitrogary's R1200 GS.

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-inkedinkedimg_5571_li.jpg

A recent afternoon ride to Veer Dam with BHPian TheCelestial (ZX-10R). Anyone who wants to buy an adventure bike that can keep up with 200 HP super-sports, please pick up a Multistrada V4

Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports at Rs. 16 lakh-5ffd7972b6024066b5ba379b4d6e3fda.jpg

Last edited by GoBlue : 9th September 2021 at 00:06.
GoBlue is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 11:07   #45
BHPian

Thats a lovely bike. Wish you thousands of miles of riding. just a small query about the service, did Honda Charged you anything extra for sending the service guy from Mumbai to Pune? like Travel/Service Charges etc.?
aneesh2M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed