Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 16:44   #46
BHPian

Re: 6000KMS done in 6 months in Goa. Service time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Mach View Post
Hello Akshay, been following your thread for a longtime and its a great source of information for fellow owners like me. Just wanted to know how did you source the custom bar end weights. The vibes between 4.5-5.5k rpm over long rides is beginning to bother me now.
I got the bar ends from one of the members in the CBR 650 India group on Whatsapp. You can get in touch with Aman Jain who is from Mumbai. He has the custom bar ends along with front fork extensions for protection. DM me here. I cannot DM you. I will share the number with you. He will ship it for you.

Last edited by akshayhonda : 24th January 2022 at 16:49.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 00:41   #47
BHPian

I don't think I can DM just yet. If you can email me the details to akash.sabhahit@gmail.com, I can follow up with him to procure it. Thank you very much.
Old 5th February 2022, 09:17   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Mach View Post
I don't think I can DM just yet. If you can email me the details to akash.sabhahit@gmail.com, I can follow up with him to procure it. Thank you very much.
Sorry for the delay. Just did.
Old 15th February 2023, 12:34   #49
BHPian

Arai RX7X Pedrosa Spirit Gold comes home!

Hola Amigos,

Hope everyone is doing great. I haven't been active about posting about ownership of my motorcycle. Raven has clocked 40,000KMS and it has been a wonderful ownership so far. Except a moment a month back when my newly bought Tata Yuasa YTZ10s battery gave up in a little over a year. So with help from XAOS636 about the best mods and options I went ahead with getting a TZ9 Amaron battery for Raven and its has been a smooth sail.

Almost 2 yrs done and a comprehensive service with all fluids change/replacement is due in March. So extending thanks to Ayush from BigWing TopLine BLR for helping me source fork seal and dust caps along with steering cone set for the upcoming service. Procured cone set as a backup considering the bikes age and usage. I will go ahead with replacing it as a preventive maintenance effort. Spares are super affordable at 3600INR including shipping.

Now coming to the gear upgrade. I have been using my Arai Quantum J CC35 since 2018 now. And as its nearing its 5yrs into extensive usage I was out looking for a replacement. I have HJC PHA 11 PRo and Scorpion R1 Air also but nothing beats the safe and quality feeling that Arai gives you. The ~4.5yrs Quantum J has interiors that feel so pristine even now. All it needs a full cleaning and it will almost new like.

So during a conversation with XAOS636 & krishnaprasadgg I was told about a RX7X in Pedrosa Spirit 2 graphic which Krishna had in the exact size I wanted (L). Upon request i got the pictures and full details of the helmet was shared. I got into the groove of researching about the RX7X and got a self confirmation that I needed to go ahead with the race spec helmet than the sport touring (Quantic) whihc i was actually wanted to buy. The legendary graphics of Dani Pedrosa in 2018 season was the icing on the cake for me to seal the deal in my head.

Then i got into the usual process of making KP come down to my budget without sounding like a lowballer. And for the gentleman KP is, he could judge the absolute seriousness with which i was after the helmet. AS this was the quickest RX7X i could grab my hands on without having to wait to see who is coming down back to India and then pester them to carry a helmet along.

So the deal was done and KP ensured that the entire experience for was nothing sort of being premium. He kept me posted about everything before he could give the helmet off to the shipper. Helmet arrived to Goa in air cargo. KP was persistent about shipping the helmet in the safest and bestest way possible. When arrived the helmet was even more securely packed than ones I have received from FC-Moto or Revzilla. I still don't have any more words to describe my experience after I unboxed the helmet and lay my hands on it. I'm totally lost for words!

And well that's my Arai RX7X story. Now let the pictures do the talking. And if anything else feel free to ask or DM

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_2344.jpg

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_2346.jpg

Both my Arai Quantum J CC35 & RX7X Pedrosa Spirit Gold side by side

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_2354.jpg

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_2358.jpg

Today morning ride to office with the new helmet. Dark & Gold visor order is on cards!

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_2360.jpg
akshayhonda is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 13:07   #50
BHPian

Re: A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!

That is a beautiful helmet!! The color scheme is mind blowing!!I have a helmet purchase on the cards!
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 15:37   #51
BHPian

Re: Arai RX7X Pedrosa Spirit Gold comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Hola Amigos,

Hope everyone is doing great. I haven't been active about posting about ownership of my motorcycle. Raven has clocked 40,000KMS and it has been a wonderful ownership so far. Except a moment a month back when my newly bought Tata Yuasa YTZ10s battery gave up in a little over a year. So with help from XAOS636 about the best mods and options I went ahead with getting a TZ9 Amaron battery for Raven and its has been a smooth sail.
Yuasa is a hit & miss at best. After a few experiences with close friends and even on my brother's bike, we steer away from it no matter how good pricing they might be available at.

Quote:
Now coming to the gear upgrade....And well that's my Arai RX7X story. Now let the pictures do the talking.
Congrats again on the best protection money can buy!
Also, you are way too kind macha. I was nothing short of glad that it was someone who knows what the gear is worth who bought it and not some random person. As far as shipping is concerned, I get anxious just thinking about getting helmets shipped knowing how couriers handle packages, so better to be extra careful and have peace of mind!

And lastly, what lovely pictures man. Even though I have the exact same design on mine I never managed to click a pic this well with it.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 10:11   #52
BHPian

42,000KMS Update & 3rd Set of Tyres!

So the bike has clocked 42,000+KMS since I got it on Dec 2020. And having tried only sport touring tyres till date (Road 4 amidst the tyre import fiasco and the Vredestein ST) the experience of the bike was good enough for me. Till I rode a friends 650F shod with the Vredestein NS tyres and after that I realized what fun I was missing out on my bike.

For the heavy handed guy I'm after 24,000KMS I was looking at the 3rd tyre set (Could do with changing only the rear as front ST had quiet a bit of life left) and it had to be undoubtedly had to be the NS from Vredestein. I had to get these to enjoy some really good grip levels and my bike in overall since I got it.

So went to Sini Tyre Care in Goa. As always Sarvesh from Sini arranged the NS set for me very quickly. The set costed me with installation 26,000INR. We dont have tyre balancing here in Goa or atleast with Sini. So did my best to balance the tyre by aligning the painted dot on tyre with the filler point. And did a 500KMS ride with no issues of wobble or any imbalance.

The tyres for me came across a massive upgrade and took my 650F experience to a whole new level. I could keep higher corner speeds. Bike stayed more planted and stuck to the line. Braking improved a bit as well. These tyres ran in pretty quickly (200kms) and on a hot rain washed tarmac these were nothing less than amazing in feel/feedback/grip/FUN. I myself felt way more confident tipping the bike in corners and switchbacks. I did have to muscle it as CBR 650F demands it. But once i did that the tyres did change the game for me.

I do realise these wont last me much. But im mentally prepared for the same for the amount fun and excellent experience it has bestowed me with.

Following are some pics of tyre, fitment and from the ride.

Fresh Rubber. Vredestein Centauro NS
A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img3659.jpg

Freshly installed at Sini Tyre Care, Porvorim-Goa
A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-image_67210497.jpg

Tyre running in done. 200KMS
A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-image_67226881.jpg

15th August Ride to Murdeshwara, Karnataka. 500kms in total.
A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-image_67222273.jpg

Tyre post ride!
A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img3679.jpg

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img3664.jpg

Sunday Ride to Anmod Ghat to enjoy the tyres
A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-image_6483441.jpg

Thank You!
akshayhonda is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 14:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning ride to office with the new helmet. Dark & Gold visor order is on cards!
Lovely lid, I'm considering a Quantic but also waiting out for the latest Tour X version, which, from videos released in Japan, appears to be based off the quantic but some touring-friendly features like a peak etc. Out of interest how do you find the noise levels with the Quantic?
E30_325iSport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 15:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30_325iSport View Post
Lovely lid, I'm considering a Quantic but also waiting out for the latest Tour X version, which, from videos released in Japan, appears to be based off the quantic but some touring-friendly features like a peak etc. Out of interest how do you find the noise levels with the Quantic?
Thanks mate. Mine is the RX7X. Quantic is the sport touring helmet and it should be way quieter than the race oriented RX7 series. Also I have the Quantum-J which is again a sport touring model. Which is way quieter than the current Arai of mine.

@krishnaprasadgg owns a Quantic and is the right guy to give you an update on the same. He also owns RX7X so he will be able to tell you exactly
Old 21st August 2023, 19:41   #55
BHPian

Re: A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!

Nice helmets! I really envy the roads in Goa and wish MH could have similar ones! Does anyone stock these Arais in India?
Old 22nd August 2023, 08:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Nice helmets! I really envy the roads in Goa and wish MH could have similar ones! Does anyone stock these Arais in India?
Apparently only a few roads are good. Especially the ghat sections. Rest are cemented and jarring. Not that I know off about the Arais.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd August 2023 at 09:11. Reason: #Rule 4.
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:21   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Check with performance racing in Bombay.
Old 23rd August 2023, 12:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Check with performance racing in Bombay.
They dont import helmets anymore. They do have Arai spares though. I got my dark visor from PRS. 2019 stock!
Old 29th August 2023, 11:19   #59
BHPian

A friend in my riding group who owns an S 1000RR switched to these sometime ago and is very impressed with them too. I have run my stock dunlops for 7K kms and they're at the fag end of their life on my Z900. I am looking to replace them with these.

How would you compare them with your previous Road4s, also what would be your pick between these and the Diablo Rosso 3s. My usage is fairly similar to yours. Do hill runs every couple of months and love to corner.
Old 5th September 2023, 10:16   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
How would you compare them with your previous Road4s, also what would be your pick between these and the Diablo Rosso 3s. My usage is fairly similar to yours. Do hill runs every couple of months and love to corner.
They are a HUGE step up from my Road 4. Even a sharp step up from its ST counterpart. From what I have heard from the technical team at Apollo. The tyre is on lines of Rosso 2 and 3. More inclined towards 3 in its nature. The technical team is ex-Pirelli actually. But its changed durability wise for Asian environment. Pirelli IMO is very prone to punctures post 3-4K of riding.

Had spoken to Sagar Sheldekar about it and when taking advice from him he too said he felt the NS perform more line Rosso 2/3 after launch at BIC.

I highly recommend the tyre. Have not used it rains but dry grip is amazing.
akshayhonda is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks