Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 15:49   #121
BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post

If you're interested in pre-owned, you can DM me. There are a few people who've put up theirs for sale in Bangalore.
Difficult to find pre-owned VStrom. Can you please share how and where to find ones? Also what would be a fair price for 2-3 years old with around 10k to 30k run?
Kashi053 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 10:55   #122
BHPian

I had my first mechanical glitch (or so I thought).
My accelerator cable wouldn't return to its natural position. Unless I physically pushed it back and held it in place. Which was definitely not safe.

Took the vehicle to Kumar anna who started his troubleshooting with the cable assembly at the throttle. Found no issues. Then lubed the cable. The issue persisted. Then decided to open up the tank (which requires opening up all the front panels, making me think classics or naked are so much simpler to work on).
There are small rubber pegs stuck onto the underside of the tank that possibly prevent vibrations I presume. The right side peg had come loose and wedged itself on the accelerator cable assembly under the tank. Which was preventing it from getting back to its natural position (OFF).
I took zero pictures because I got excited and involved in this exercise

On another note, Aryan Suzuki Bangalore has started pre-owned sales, called "Best Value". I noticed a couple of kitted up V Stroms standing at the showroom. Passing on some info I received from James, their Sales head -
- 1 complementary service
- 1 year engine warranty
- 1 year Road Side Assistance
- They will handle the name transfer
- Finance options for pre-owned vehicles.
[It's important to call this out - I have no affiliations except being one of their customers ]

Last edited by shyamg28 : 3rd December 2023 at 11:03.
shyamg28 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 21:25   #123
BHPian

3rd set of front tyres going on. The previous set had about 2-3k left I guess.
The rear is about 6k kms older than the new front.
I recall voting on some TBHP thread that I would prefer to change both tyres together If only lol.

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20240124_141310.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20240124_141320.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20240124_141323.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20240124_141326.jpg
shyamg28 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 11:22   #124

Quote:
Yes. Recently there was a delivery in Bangalore and apparently it was the last piece shipped from another State.

If you're interested in pre-owned, you can DM me. There are a few people who've put up theirs for sale in Bangalore.

800 incoming hopefully! How many interested?
Hey there Mr.Shyam, I am actively looking for an almost new V Strom 650, called Aryan Suzuki to check if in 2024 the 650 will co exist with the New 800 but they had no answers, hence looking at pre owned. Since I'm a newbie can't DM you yet but I am working on it. Thanks.
Old 9th February 2024, 12:58   #125
BHPian

Quote:
On another note, Aryan Suzuki Bangalore has started pre-owned sales, called "Best Value". I noticed a couple of kitted up V Stroms standing at the showroom. Passing on some info I received from James, their Sales head -
- 1 complementary service
- 1 year engine warranty
- 1 year Road Side Assistance
- They will handle the name transfer
- Finance options for pre-owned vehicles.
[It's important to call this out - I have no affiliations except being one of their customers ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peet Stop View Post
Hey there Mr.Shyam, I am actively looking for an almost new V Strom 650, called Aryan Suzuki to check if in 2024 the 650 will co exist with the New 800 but they had no answers, hence looking at pre owned. Since I'm a newbie can't DM you yet but I am working on it. Thanks.
Hey @Peet Stop! Aryan Suzuki themselves do pre-owned sales. I know a few members who are selling theirs as well. Why don't you drop by or check with the sales manager? He should be able to assist.
Since you can't DM yet, I'm not sure what options we have. We could try temp email if you're willing.
Old 9th February 2024, 20:46   #126

Quote:
Hey @Peet Stop! Aryan Suzuki themselves do pre-owned sales. I know a few members who are selling theirs as well. Why don't you drop by or check with the sales manager? He should be able to assist.
Since you can't DM yet, I'm not sure what options we have. We could try temp email if you're willing.
Would you let me know the team bhp members who are selling their 650 V's, if that's ok in Posts that is. I asked a sales person from Aryan Suzuki to send me their Pre owned V's Photos and details but nothing so far but I'll try again. I trust Team BHP members more than a dealership though.
I haven't used a temp mail before, but i am more than willing to learn how, suggest a site you used before. Thank you for going out of your way to help a newbie.
Peet Stop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 10:49   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Would you let me know the team bhp members who are selling their 650 V's, if that's ok in Posts that is. I asked a sales person from Aryan Suzuki to send me their Pre owned V's Photos and details but nothing so far but I'll try again. I trust Team BHP members more than a dealership though.
I haven't used a temp mail before, but i am more than willing to learn how, suggest a site you used before. Thank you for going out of your way to help a newbie.
Sorry, I should've said "owners", not "members". From the forum I only know two members personally and I don't think they're selling right now

I haven't used temp email and wasn't able to verify from anyone as well. So let's not compromise our privacy.

Contact James from Aryan Suzuki directly - 8073783992. If you want to share your number with me, you can ask him to pass it along to me. He should be able to provide you both - pre-owned vehicle details being sold from Aryan, as well as contacts of owners looking to sell theirs.

For my part, I will check with said owners, if they're willing to put an ad up on TBHP Classifieds.

Last edited by shyamg28 : 10th February 2024 at 11:01.
Old 11th February 2024, 21:57   #128

Quote:
Sorry, I should've said "owners", not "members". From the forum I only know two members personally and I don't think they're selling right now

I haven't used temp email and wasn't able to verify from anyone as well. So let's not compromise our privacy.

Contact James from Aryan Suzuki directly - 8073783992. If you want to share your number with me, you can ask him to pass it along to me. He should be able to provide you both - pre-owned vehicle details being sold from Aryan, as well as contacts of owners looking to sell theirs.

For my part, I will check with said owners, if they're willing to put an ad up on TBHP Classifieds.
Thanks, that's a perfect solution for this problem.
I am looking for my first "serious" Motorcycle, I started on a Honda Trigger, graduated to a RC390 then a 92 Bullet and now a 94 RX100 but they were all to just scratch that petrol head itch, now i am looking to get into serious Motorcycle travel hence the queries about the V 650.
Now about why I narrowed in on this particular bike is, I am used to 50 HP motorcycles so this wouldn't be that big of a jump plus the V is known for being very beginner friendly and most of all because it's decades old Suzuki which should be fairly cheap to maintain and likely bulletproof - I don't know any good FNGs and the showroom experiences were traumatic, so looking to buy a very reliable bike out of the gate.
Now that you've had the V650 for a while now, do you think i should go for it or are there better or more suited choices for me in 2024. I feel as though i do not have much information and knowledge about middle weight motorcycles which is preventing me from buying one.

I would love to hear what other fellow bhpians think about my problem.
Old 12th February 2024, 12:11   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, that's a perfect solution for this problem.
I am looking for my first "serious" Motorcycle, I started on a Honda Trigger, graduated to a RC390 then a 92 Bullet and now a 94 RX100 but they were all to just scratch that petrol head itch, now i am looking to get into serious Motorcycle travel hence the queries about the V 650.
Now about why I narrowed in on this particular bike is, I am used to 50 HP motorcycles so this wouldn't be that big of a jump plus the V is known for being very beginner friendly and most of all because it's decades old Suzuki which should be fairly cheap to maintain and likely bulletproof - I don't know any good FNGs and the showroom experiences were traumatic, so looking to buy a very reliable bike out of the gate.
Now that you've had the V650 for a while now, do you think i should go for it or are there better or more suited choices for me in 2024. I feel as though i do not have much information and knowledge about middle weight motorcycles which is preventing me from buying one.

I would love to hear what other fellow bhpians think about my problem.
The V Strom is still a fantastic motorcycle to recommend. In some time from now, the V Strom 800 DE (or P Strom, since it's a parallel twin, but Suzuki claims the V stood for "Versatile" all along lol) will launch, which has already gotten rave reviews from international media.
You now also have the Honda NX500 and the Transalp to consider.
For what it's worth, the Kawasaki Versys is still very much a strong contender in all conversations around middle-weights.
After recently seeing BHPian CrazyDriver manouvre the Tiger 660 Sport like it was nothing, on a track no less, I would say that is worth checking out too.
Who knows, the Tiger 900s might do it for you, it could also be a Ducati Desert X or a Multistrada.
A BMW 850GS (or GSA) is worth considering too. So much kit on it, it's really insane.

Fictional ADVs/sport tourers include the Yamaha Tenere 700, Tracer GT, KTM 790/890 Adventure (and their R versions). They're purely a figment of our imagination for us Indians, as things stand right now.

The above are what I think, can be categorized under ADVs or Sport tourers in the country right now. There maybe more. Evidently I made an assumption on what you like based on your enquiry about the V Strom.

You need to be clear on what you want out of your motorcycle, what your purpose will be with it. And do not discount any motorcycle until you ride them. Ride them all. For as much distance as you possibly can.

I don't envy you right now...but it is still such a fantastic problem to have and solve
shyamg28 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 13:12   #130

Quote:
The V Strom is still a fantastic motorcycle to recommend. In some time from now, the V Strom 800 DE (or P Strom, since it's a parallel twin, but Suzuki claims the V stood for "Versatile" all along lol) will launch, which has already gotten rave reviews from international media.
==========
I don't envy you right now...but it is still such a fantastic problem to have and solve

It is a fantastic problem to have but the urge to get one ASAP and start riding interferes with the thinking part.
I think i have an almost clear view of what i want with my first serious ADV/Tourer Motorcycle, Not too much or too low in power, relatively light weight, mechanically sound, reliable and ease of ownership + I think my dip into this segment should be less intense so than i can learn and grow in to bigger motorcycles.

You've made accurate suggestions for my needs and
I do love the 850 GS but i think it's a tad difficult motorcycle with a lot of expensive maintenance and the triumph ASS from what I've read here makes them a difficult option to choose.

I think i am gonna push forward with trying out the V650 seriously before anything else but one thing on the back of my mind is the low service interval and the fact that Chennai doesn't have a Suzuki Big bike dealer as far as i know and no popular mentions Of a FNG here for Bigger motorcycles, so i would have to get to Bangalore every single time.

I have made contact with Mr James from Aryan Suzuki and have also asked him to share my Contact with you,
I would like to talk more using WhatsApp that is if you don't mind answering a few more Newbie questions. Thank you.
Old 12th February 2024, 14:05   #131
BHPian

Quote:
I think i have an almost clear view of what i want with my first serious ADV/Tourer Motorcycle, Not too much or too low in power, relatively light weight, mechanically sound, reliable and ease of ownership + I think my dip into this segment should be less intense so than i can learn and grow in to bigger motorcycles.
Why not consider the Transalp? A major observation in most reviews was how light the bike felt to move around and ride considering other middle weight ADVs. Even the seat height seems approachable despite the 850 figure. Being a Honda, it should be a reliable ownership experience. The new 750 motor has been getting really good reviews on the fun coefficient. It is also a much newer bike compared to the Strom 650. Upcoming 800DE is a more grown up and heavier bike. It weighs close to 230kgs wet.

Last edited by b16h22 : 12th February 2024 at 14:06.
b16h22 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 22:40   #132
BHPian

Wife, Strom & I - Bengaluru -> Bhutan -> Bengaluru, 2023

Bengaluru -> Nellore -> Vishakhapatnam -> Bhubaneshwar -> Durgapur -> Phunsholing -> Thimphu -> Phobjika -> Punakha -> Paro -> Siliguri -> Patna -> Ambikapur -> Bhilai -> Hyderabad -> Bengaluru.

Wife & I had been to Bhutan back in 2019. No SDF (Sustainable Development Fee), Green Tax, mandatory guide etc. We rented an extremely well maintained RE Thunderbird 350 back then. Did a similar route within Bhutan and returned home via flight.

Once again, the itch to ride back to Bhutan on our own steed

This time there had to be a plan. Bhutan policy for Indian tourists had changed. I do believe it was largely owed to a bunch of bikers who stood atop their stupas and danced to glory, while recording it for social media.

This thread should act as a solid guide if you want to head to Bhutan on bike/car yourselves - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...n-country.html (Cochin-Bhutan-Cochin | My wife and me on a BMW GSA 1200 | A 6700 km ride to Dragon Country)

The short of it is, the following charges are nearly non-negotiable -
- 4500 per day green tax for your own vehicle (regargless of whether it's a car or bike).
- 1200 per person per day SDF.
- Guide + car (yes, the guide needs a car even if you don't lol) - negotiable, can range between 3000-4500. If you have space in your car, the guide comes along and you save the cost of the rented car.

Sounds expensive yes, but once we decided we wanted to go, we went.

Off we go.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-1-off-we-go.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-1.1.jpg

Towards Nellore.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-2-towards-nellore.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-2.1-enroute-nellore.jpeg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-2a476ab7a9ff47cbb9afb53f4fb96151.jpeg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-3-sunset-nellore.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-4-sunset-nellore.jpeg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-6.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-7.jpg

Beach near Vishakhapatnam.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-8-beach-vishakhapatnam.jpg

Reached Bhutan gate.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-gate.jpg

Buddha Dordenma at Thimphu.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-91-buddha-dordenma.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-92.jpg

Dawn at Punakha.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-92.1-punakha-dawn.jpg

Tiger's nest hike begins.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-93-tigers-nest-hike-begins.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-94.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-95.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-96.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-97.jpg

Our cool guide Rangjung.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-98-our-cool-guide-rangjung.jpg

At Phobjika.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-99-phobjika.jpeg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-19e633a5a0224382875adea24276336d.jpeg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-7eff0ce4482e4d1f861e9b99c1655563.jpeg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-99.1.jpeg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-99.2.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-99.3.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-99.4.jpeg

Heading back home.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-heading-back-home.jpg

That's all for now.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-vishakhapatnam.jpg
shyamg28 is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 12:15   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Wife, Strom & I - Bengaluru -> Bhutan -> Bengaluru, 2023
Great pictures and narration. I have a very simple question though, since you ride with a top box, are you not afraid of the box breaking and falling off? Do you also take any precautions to prevent that from happening?

I haven't had any untoward experiences yet with mine, but I started riding with the top box in January and while I'm comfortable with the change in dynamics, I'm always worried that the box will break and fall down somewhere. I needlessly also upgraded to a much better and sturdier top rack but every time I ride, I find myself constantly checking my mirrors to ensure that the box is still there

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20240422_064049.jpg
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 17:02   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Great pictures and narration. I have a very simple question though, since you ride with a top box, are you not afraid of the box breaking and falling off? Do you also take any precautions to prevent that from happening?

I haven't had any untoward experiences yet with mine, but I started riding with the top box in January and while I'm comfortable with the change in dynamics, I'm always worried that the box will break and fall down somewhere. I needlessly also upgraded to a much better and sturdier top rack but every time I ride, I find myself constantly checking my mirrors to ensure that the box is still there

Attachment 2599492
Haha! I'm with you. When I'm solo, I usually don't carry a top box. On the occasion I do have one, after crossing rumblers, I too look into the mirror to see if the box is still there.
So far, the toughest path any vehicle of mine has seen has been the Manali to Kaza route. I had a loaded top box and a pillion. Suprisingly, nothing happened. Not to say it won't, but that gave me a lot of confidence.
In any case, I carry a set of bungee cords for emergency and this is my fall back in case something happens. Bungee the heck out of the box lol
Also, I prefer a plastic one only because the box's weight by itself is usually less. Thereby not adding too much to the overall limit. I do like the new soft top box options now. Givi has one -
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-screenshot_20240427_170053_chrome.jpg

In general, I love lockable, easy mounting systems. Don't like a top box unless I have a pillion.
Old 28th April 2024, 18:00   #135
BHPian

Excellent. Bhutan on motorcycle is a dream of many and you have already achieved it.

Green and other taxes seem to make this trip 2X expensive !
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks