Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2023, 15:25   #106
BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs

Quote:
the lights as shown in the quote are extremely harsh on car drivers, when seen through the ORVMs even in daylight. I've faced this situation on the Krishnagiri - BLR sector in my SUV and everytime I'd let the biker group get ahead ASAP so that these lights don't irritate me. Is it possible for bikers to use less harsh lights, OR turn them off in the day?
As a biker myself I agree. We never turn them on during the day and I feel the lower positioning of the lights on the Wees should not blind you as much as the 850 does - that particular aux lights I have a bone to contend with too. If it is the Gold Runway lights - they are programmed to flicker when we sound the horn, day or night and they are powerfully bright - not sure if they can be turned off. I use Maddog lights mounted to either side of my Himalayans headlight and they are moderately bright, nevertheless I do switch them off when I'm overtaking someone after flicking twice as horns are useless on an expressway in my experience.
100Kmphormore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 16:08   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
While I admire the spirit of adventure of biking groups, I have a rather humble request - the lights as shown in the quote are extremely harsh on car drivers, when seen through the ORVMs even in daylight. I've faced this situation on the Krishnagiri - BLR sector in my SUV and everytime I'd let the biker group get ahead ASAP so that these lights don't irritate me. Is it possible for bikers to use less harsh lights, OR turn them off in the day? No offense to anyone - just an observation/ request.
Agree with you!
For myself, I don't turn them on unless absolutely necessary. The ScoutX aux lights placed below were my first pair of lights which I later found to be inadequate. It was not worth removing them and the harness etc. So I took the advice to leave them be and use them more to make myself visible. Say, like fog lights.

The pair above is the Motorfans which is certainly more powerful. I use it at night on open stretches where I need visibility far ahead of me. If there's plenty of vehicles ahead, I typically switch off aux lights and use their lights to lead the way. That's usually sufficient

I also haven't tied my lights to the horn but if attention is what one seeks when honking, I don't see that as a big issue personally.
shyamg28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 21:22   #108

I have come across these statements many times from car dudes. IMHO it comes under the category of "rules for others, and exceptions for myself"

There are plenty of car people out there who 'upgrade' to blinding LED Projector fogs and laser lights and what not. This is conveniently, almost never brought up. Its always 'why do you bike guys keep your lights on even during the day'

We do this because
- If cars can do this, so can we. The same set of rules apply regardless of the number of wheels on the vehicle
- To be better visible for others. We are sick and tired of our car brothers almost running us over and then hearing the annoyingly repeated argument of "Damn bro , sorry ah , didn't see you there"
- This 'problem' is exaggerated. Its not like just because we ride, we don't have know what its like to drive. I drive about quite extensively and have been passed by biles with their aux lights on during the day and it has never bothered me.

Again - No offense meant to anyone. Just my point of view.

Mod note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd July 2023 at 08:21.
Sr71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr71 View Post

- To be better visible for others. We are sick and tired of our car brothers almost running us over and then hearing the annoyingly repeated argument of "Damn bro , sorry ah , didn't see you
[/b]
How do you prevent being run over from behind by using, as the name implies, ‘Maddog’ lights in the front part of the vehicle?

Do you know how sick of we hearing sorry from our biking brothers side swiping, bumper denting “Damn bro, sorry ah, we dint see a 12 feet car in front. “

On a serious note, I feel you are defending yourself against a known malady in the society that is plagued not primarily by cool highway bikers but more by lakhs of activas and deos, Ubers, Tipper lorrys with blinding LEDs compared to number of private cars that do so.

The problem is not at all exaggerated, if you experience it from a sedan or a hatchback, as everyone might not have the propensity to drive a Fortuner.

Let there be sensible light!
Rakeshmbalaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 11:05   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeshmbalaji View Post
How do you prevent being run over from behind by using, as the name implies, ‘Maddog’ lights in the front part of the vehicle?

Do you know how sick of we hearing sorry from our biking brothers side swiping, bumper denting “Damn bro, sorry ah, we dint see a 12 feet car in front. “

On a serious note, I feel you are defending yourself against a known malady in the society that is plagued not primarily by cool highway bikers but more by lakhs of activas and deos, Ubers, Tipper lorrys with blinding LEDs compared to number of private cars that do so.

The problem is not at all exaggerated, if you experience it from a sedan or a hatchback, as everyone might not have the propensity to drive a Fortuner.

Let there be sensible light!
Running over was an example. Moving over as we pass them would be the specific scenario here. I agree with you that the name of the lighs (maddogs) is unfortunate. However, they really are among the more sensible choices that you can make.

The only 12-foot cars that I have run into are the ones that suddenly moved out because they were too busy talking on the phone or fiddling with their radios to actually check their mirrors before pulling a sudden move.

Not really; I am talking about upgraded lights on cars based on discussions in various car owner forums that I am part of.

I agree entirely. Not everyone (including me) has the propensity to drive a fortunner. I drive a cross between a hatch and a sedan (An Scross, to be exact) and have driven a low sedan (a 2010 Honda City) and various hatches before. So I think my opinion is definitely qualified.
Sr71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 12:09   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
While I admire the spirit of adventure of biking groups, I have a rather humble request - the lights as shown in the quote are extremely harsh on car drivers, when seen through the ORVMs even in daylight. I've faced this situation on the Krishnagiri - BLR sector in my SUV and everytime I'd let the biker group get ahead ASAP so that these lights don't irritate me. Is it possible for bikers to use less harsh lights, OR turn them off in the day? No offense to anyone - just an observation/ request.
While I completely agree, the fact remains that most cars and truck drivers are not sensitive to bikes that can do upwards of 80kmph.

These lights might be intimidating for some, but as of now, many cars, buses and trucks drive with faulty and broken ORVMs on highways.

These aux lamps are here to stay for a long time and will continue to be used as additional DRLs as most riders wouldn’t want themselves inside a coffin coz the vehicle ahead severed without realising the tiny speck in the broken mirror was a 2 wheeler that was overtaking.

PS: Responsible bikers will turndown aux lights the moment the driver in front is aware of the bike approaching. Have experienced this umpteen times before.
kiran_divakaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 00:42   #112
BHPian

Metzeler Tourance Next out.
Metzeler Tourance in.

The Next lasted about 22k kms. Great set of road tyres. Stray a bit towards the rough stuff, not fun. That was my experience anyway. I loved that they lasted as long as they did. But was ready to compromise with something that would assist in more situations, even if said situations only account for 20-30% of my overall riding.

The Tourance are tried and tested and came greatly recommended. Highly expensive affair for these tyres. Ridiculous. And yet, it is what it is.

As can be seen, I was barely able to scratch the surface of the sides on the Next. Mostly due to riding 2-up almost 99% of the time. There should be some way to pluck out that rubber and make it reusable lol.

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20230724_133523.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20230724_133452.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20230724_133514.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20230724_133504.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20230724_133457.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-20230724_135710.jpg
shyamg28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 14:43   #113
BHPian

Suzuki and specifically, the Aryan Suzuki team, organized a "ride-out" to Ooty. I've never been part of a large group of riders riding together ever. In fact, never been out with more than 4 riders together.

I must say, it was organized extremely well. There was an ambulance along, a dedicated back-up vehicle that could transport a bike (worst case), a vehicle that had 2 video/photo-graphers constantly shooting riders, and in some cases, curating as well, and the head service manager on their test V Strom 650 XT, possibly one of the best motorcycle riders I have seen.

There were 26 Wees in total. We took the Mysore road - Gundlupet - Masinagudi - Ooty route while going. Getting back home was split multiple ways as per convenience.

My pleasant/positive interactions with the sales/service/management team at Aryan Suzuki so far, along with the Wee's tremendous smiles-per-miles value, has truly made me a Suzuki evangelist.

In keeping with tradition, I'm attaching some of the worst pics from the trip below that I had taken -

Photoshoot outside the showroom for the baby (single-cylinder) V and the Wee.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-1_bikezone.jpg

Wees standing together.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-2_bikezone.jpg

Enroute Mysore (service) road
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-3_mysoreroad.jpg

Enroute Gundlupet, quick snack stop.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-4_gundlupet.jpg

Ooty.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-4_ooty.jpg

A now-popular signboard design.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-5_destination.jpg

Off to Kotagiri for a day trip and lunch.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-6_offtokotagiri.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-7_offtokotagiri.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-8_offtokatagiri.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-9_kotagiri.jpg

Back home.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-10_back-home.jpg
shyamg28 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 18:34   #114
BHPian

I bought my Vstrom used so never got into a Vstrom specific group. How do I get notified of these rides, would love to join a ride with other Vstrom riders
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 22:02   #115
Senior - BHPian

shyamg28 glad to know the escapade has once again led you to Ooty. Sterling Elk Hill is only a few miles away from where I live. Sterling Fernhill and Sterling Elk Hill both are are sedate and good properties which offer decent view. Glad to see the Strom ganging the little town. Perhaps next time.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:20   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I bought my Vstrom used so never got into a Vstrom specific group. How do I get notified of these rides, would love to join a ride with other Vstrom riders
@jaganm, I've messaged you privately. We can connect and I can get you added

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
shyamg28 glad to know the escapade has once again led you to Ooty. Sterling Elk Hill is only a few miles away from where I live. Sterling Fernhill and Sterling Elk Hill both are are sedate and good properties which offer decent view. Glad to see the Strom ganging the little town. Perhaps next time.

Cheers!
VJ
@VijayAnand1, yes it was my plan to attempt meeting you this time but there were quite a few activities planned and I wasn't sure of the entire itinerary as well. Next time for sure
Old 27th October 2023, 15:34   #117
BHPian

Replaced the Givi side stand extender with one from CarbonRacing.
The Givi one was damaged a while ago and on a recent trip also came loose. Got this CarbonRacing one from here - https://carbonracing.in/products/eli...or-v-strom-650
Neat.

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-1.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-2.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-3.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-4.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-5.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-6.jpg

A short night ride. Sat on an XPulse Rally edition - quite an intimidating experience for me, despite how light it is. Would be fun to ride I imagine

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-8.jpg

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-7.jpg
shyamg28 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 09:44   #118
BHPian

Am I missing something ?
Suzuki V-Storm 650 is no more listed on their official india website. It is removed from the sales and booking section.
It seems a new replacement is getting ready for the launch. I hope they bring 2024 800 or an updated 650 soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 launched at Rs 8.84 lakhs-screenshot_20231105_092538_chrome.jpg  

DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 21:04   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Am I missing something ?
Suzuki V-Storm 650 is no more listed on their official india website. It is removed from the sales and booking section.
It seems a new replacement is getting ready for the launch. I hope they bring 2024 800 or an updated 650 soon.
Yes. I visited the Suzuki showroom today afternoon coincidentally to check out the Vstorm 650 (wanted to go for the Honda Translap but that wont be sold or serviced in Gujarat so dropped the idea).

The sales executive there told me that the Vstorm 650 has sold out completely for 2023 and a new model is expected in 2024. He told me that the 800 is also expected but he was not able to confirm whether both will exist or only the 800. He also was not able to confirm when the 650 would return in 2024.
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 22:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Am I missing something ?
Yes. Recently there was a delivery in Bangalore and apparently it was the last piece shipped from another State.

If you're interested in pre-owned, you can DM me. There are a few people who've put up theirs for sale in Bangalore.

800 incoming hopefully! How many interested?

Last edited by shyamg28 : 5th November 2023 at 22:27.
shyamg28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks