Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2024, 16:28   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dreams do come true : 5 years & 30000 kms with my Triumph Tiger 800 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Y I am probably one of the initial few bhpians who have been able to reach out to Jolingkong and Nabidhang on a private vehicle so that gives me some bragging rights.
Quite a few Bhpians have covered this route
I was there in early May. We, 4 friends rode, drove, camped in this region (Vyas Valley, Darma Valley, Chaudas Valley).
Contrary to the YouTube videos and insta reals, Adi Kailash, Om Parvat, Darma etc. are not very difficult routes (compared to a few routes we did in North East). Any vehicle with good ground clearance can do it.
We saw HH Splendors, Pulsars crossing the Ganesh Nallah in the afternoon when the water level was comparatively high and saw our over preparedness (XPulse with rally kit, knobby tires, ECU remap, big sprocket etc.) and it was like

Dreams do come true : 5 years & 30000 kms with my Triumph Tiger 800 XR-img_20240514_105038.jpg

Dreams do come true : 5 years & 30000 kms with my Triumph Tiger 800 XR-img_20240514_111819.jpg
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 16:45   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
First of all thanks a lot for this post. Came at the right time when I am putting down route notes! If you could please help me out with the questions which I have.

1) Considering Tanakpur as starting point (Pune to Tanakpur is 2 day drive) is it possible to do Tanakpur(Leave early) - Pitthoragarh - Dharchula in a day and also manage permits the same day? If yes then it will save a halt at Pitthoragarh and next day Dharchula to Gunji can be done comfortably.

2) Keeping Gunji as base camp, it seems from your Day 3 that Gunji - Jolingkong drive and trek to Adi Kailash is easily doable in a day. I hope it is possible to return by daylight?

3) Referring to day 4, if I include Kailash parvat view point (assuming it is allowed to trek) as well with Om Parvat, will it be safe to stay back at Gunji on return or push ahead till Dharchula? Dont think there are any stay options at Nabhidang except KMVN which is visible on maps.

4) How are the stay potions in Gunji? Homestays available apart from the usual KMVN camps? Did you do any advance bookings anywhere? If yes do share the places of stay as well.

If I manage to spare buffer days then I really wish to stay at Jolingkong and Nabhidang if possible.
As I did this journey from Pune, let me give some relevant inputs.
1) Pune to Tanakpur is one and half day journey. We started on Friday late night and reached Pitthoragarh by Sunday afternoon. Better to spend more and get ILPs through agent, will save your half day. If you start in the morning (around 9 AM), you can reach Gunji by 5 PM considering an hour break in Dharchula to collect ILPs and stock up things.
2) If you leave Gunji by 5:30 AM (ITBP checkpoint at Kuti opens at 6 AM), you can be back in Gunji by 5 PM (after spending entire day there). Gunji/Nabhi should be your base camp to cover these places. We drove directly from Pitthoragarh to Kuti and a few of us had minor AMS. Om Parvat and back is half day activity.
3) If you start at 5 AM for Om Parvat, you should be back by afternoon and can reach Dharchula easily by evening. we didn't prefer to stay in Dharchula as its a very crowded place, you can get a lot of better home stays in between.
4) There is one homestay in Gunji run by a Padma Shree awardee gentleman and his family (Omkareshwar atithi homestay). it's a nice place to stay but need to be pre booked. there is another place in Nabhi (close by village) named Mount Nabi Homestay & cottage, which has very nice cottages and food. rest are mostly shared accommodations. there are lot of places throughout but better to book these places in advance.
Shubhendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 07:36   #168
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Quite a few Bhpians have covered this route
I was there in early May. We, 4 friends rode, drove, camped in this region (Vyas Valley, Darma Valley, Chaudas Valley).
Contrary to the YouTube videos and insta reals, Adi Kailash, Om Parvat, Darma etc. are not very difficult routes (compared to a few routes we did in North East). Any vehicle with good ground clearance can do it.
We saw HH Splendors, Pulsars crossing the Ganesh Nallah in the afternoon when the water level was comparatively high and saw our over preparedness (XPulse with rally kit, knobby tires, ECU remap, big sprocket etc.) and it was like
Absolutely agree with you on the terrain. We did see multiple cars losing traction and struggling in that one particular incline / hairpin bend with loose sand near Garbyang and ofcourse while crossing Ganesh Nallah. However, we also heard that the BRO is in the process of making a bridge to avoid driving over Ganesh Nallah. If that happens, the Adi Kailash route will be doable in almost any car with decent ground clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Pune to Tanakpur is one and half day journey. We started on Friday late night and reached Pitthoragarh by Sunday afternoon.
Pune to Tanakpur in one and half day is astonishing on motorcycles, mainly considering the intense heatwaves in Central and North India. Do share a little more details on distance covered / route taken !
Old 7th June 2024, 11:17   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
If that happens, the Adi Kailash route will be doable in almost any car with decent ground clearance.

Pune to Tanakpur in one and half day is astonishing on motorcycles, mainly considering the intense heatwaves in Central and North India. Do share a little more details on distance covered / route taken !
Yes, we saw lot of new gen construction equipment being procured by BRO. May be most of the road should be ready before June next year. But we can never have fully tarred road considering many of these hills are made of loose gravel soil and small stones, landslides will continue. But many people on Youtube and instagram have created hype of this place in terms of difficulty level. I even got the winch fitted in my Fortuner by watching those videos
Sorry, I didn't share complete information. We took the bikes on a trailer till Pilibhit, unloaded the bikes and parked our trailer at a friend's place and resumed our journey. During return, loaded the bikes in Pilibhit and resumed journey till Pune. These are off-road oriented bikes with just 200 CC engines, can't think of taking them to Bombay forget Pitthoragarh.

Dreams do come true : 5 years & 30000 kms with my Triumph Tiger 800 XR-img_20240511_055040.jpg
Shubhendra is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks