Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2020, 00:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Bringing home the dragon - My Honda CBR650R ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Any reason to not have gone with the Akra instead of the SC? The Akra stays relatively out of sight and not visible to average Joes which makes it look like a factory fitted exhaust.
Few reasons -
  1. The Akrapovic is the most common exhaust for this bike, wanted something different
  2. The Akra with baffle doesn't sound too different to stock, the SC is louder with the baffle in and is Euro 4 road compliant
  3. I really like the dual pipe design, very reminiscent of the Ducati supersport
Old 8th May 2020, 15:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Oh that's a nice tool kit. I understand the purpose of the spanners and screw driver set, but what's the feather for ?

Probably, it is a message to indicate that the tool kit is useful and required only in case you want to attach feathers to the bike to enable flying.

Honestly, do Honda bikes need a tool kit?

I had my unicorn for more than 10 years and drove close to 70k KMS but never opened the tool kit or even seat to see where is the kit. Apart from regular service and liquid changes, did nothing to the bike.

Even I was thinking to go with cb650 instead of Dominar but I was apprehensive of seating position and price was too high to me to decide on this bike. It is hard to find this bike even in used bike market.
Old 14th October 2021, 23:04   #33
BHPian

This is amazing. Congrats.

I also own a KTM RC 390 and a Royal Enfield Bullet 1986. I wanted to update RC 390 because when I bought it, I wanted the quickest and fastest track tool that I can afford and also, it looks stunning in my opinion.

Now, I am looking for a bike in which I can tour. I am extremely confused if I should even go for sports bikes due to the committed position. I am looking for a per-work-shipped bike rather than buying a new one.

I like Royal Enfield Interceptor, Honda CBR 650 R and also the Kawasaki Z800. Are there any other options left for me?

Earlier, I wanted power and now I want comfort. I never thought I'd say this in my life. Is it the difference between 20s and 30s? I still can ride the RC 390 for 3 hours straight but this isn't the right tool for touring.

Also, how's the riding position of Honda compared to the KTM? Is it relaxing as much as a cruiser or at least close?
LiamJose is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 10:33   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamJose View Post
Now, I am looking for a bike in which I can tour. I am extremely confused if I should even go for sports bikes due to the committed position. I am looking for a per-work-shipped bike rather than buying a new one.

I like Royal Enfield Interceptor, Honda CBR 650 R and also the Kawasaki Z800. Are there any other options left for me?
The first gen CBR650F is a fantastic tourer and preowned ones do come up in the Kerala market. It is probably the best tourer in that segment.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 12:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The first gen CBR650F is a fantastic tourer and preowned ones do come up in the Kerala market. It is probably the best tourer in that segment.
I also found the same to be the most comfortable sports tourer after searching on the internet for hours.I am yet to take a test drive in one. What'd be the best used price I need to go for?

I think the new R version is more sporty and may be have a bump in Bhp and better tech. I think even that bike is more comfortable than RC 390. I am actually a bit confused between the R and F.

People say that Kawasaki Z800 is more comfortable but service cost is an issue. Same with the adventure bikes like the Tiger. Some guys talked about Versys too.

I need to take care of the pillion seat comfort too these days.
Old 16th October 2021, 15:17   #36

Quote:

If sports tourer is not a mandatory criteria, then for comfortable touring, specifically for pillion comfort, you should take a test ride of Versys, V Strom and Tiger.
DevilisH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 23:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
People say that Kawasaki Z800 is more comfortable but service cost is an issue. Same with the adventure bikes like the Tiger. Some guys talked about Versys too.

Kawasaki Z800 - It and Z900 are pathetic from pillion comfort point of view. Tiger (800 in the used market) and VStrom are good. I will quote my earlier post from another thread below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
2 --> A very important observation. I recently test rode Z900 and GSX750 - I was just not able to sit on the Z900 even for 100 meters. I returned it immediately. GSX750 was ok (sort of a compromise). Both were very light and small in size. It felt like I am on a 150CC commuter from a dimensions perspective. I am 6'2" and my frame is wide at shoulders (like a Trapezoid). Both the bikes felt not worth the investment. I am sure it will be same for the Monster too given the dimensions of it.

3 --> Hehe, this perhaps can be forgiven. After all you also pay for the 'Ducati' exclusivity factor. Kind of Merc v/s BMW here

I understand you are looking at higher end bikes only but in the budget segment, a Dominar 400 is a lot more pillion friend than any Kawa Z series.

Last edited by sunilch : 17th October 2021 at 23:04.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 18:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilisH View Post
If sports tourer is not a mandatory criteria, then for comfortable touring, specifically for pillion comfort, you should take a test ride of Versys, V Strom and Tiger.
Well, the only reason why I want a sports tourer is because I feel like I need a 4 cylinder bike. Of course, I am just mesmerized by the sound and smoothness of those engines. Even 3 cylinders sound amazing. This is why I asked about Honda CBR 650 and Triumph Tiger. I have two bikes, a KTM RC 390 and a Royal Enfield Bullet 350 1986 model. So, RC is fast and quick and RE is more tractable and comfortable. I am looking for something that is comfortable and fast for myself and my pillion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Kawasaki Z800 - It and Z900 are pathetic from pillion comfort point of view. Tiger (800 in the used market) and VStrom are good. I will quote my earlier post from another thread below.

How is Tiger's reliability? And also the service costs? I've heard that Kawasaki is extremely expensive. I wish if there was a Japanese bike with 4/3 cylinder which is really comfortable for long distance touring.

I understand you are looking at higher end bikes only but in the budget segment, a Dominar 400 is a lot more pillion friend than any Kawa Z series.
Actually, I already have an old Bullet which is extremely comfortable for the pillion rider and also a RC 390. So this is why I am looking for a bigger bike. I'd wish to get something with the power of an RC(or more ) and comfort of a Bullet.
LiamJose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 22:58   #39

Hi Tushar, Nice review of the bike. I know this thread is a bit old but wanted to connect with you over phone and discuss regarding the bike. I'm planning to buy one and therefore need some advice. I am unable to DM you here so please share your number on rohandeshmukh777@gmail.com
Old 23rd February 2024, 09:22   #40

Hi owners,
any idea how much the rear stock seat assembly would cost? Not the aftermarket cowl offered by Honda, but the actual seat.
Thanks in advance.
Old 17th June 2024, 01:29   #41

Re: Bringing home the dragon, my Honda CBR650R ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar9960 View Post
Accessories installed so far
First priority was a radiator guard. Ordered this off Aliexpress since I didn't see why a mesh should cost 10K.
Hey! Can you please share the link of the radiator guard you got for the CBR650R? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th June 2024 at 06:36. Reason: Trimmed the quoted post to the relevant portions for better readability. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks