Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 18:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Big Boy Toyz now offers new Ducati bikes

Related Thread: Big Boy Toyz opens its first showroom in Mumbai

Big Boy Toyz now offers new Ducati bikes-unnamed.jpg

Big Boy Toyz has entered the premium bike segment and now has new Ducati Daivel motorcycles for sale. The bikes will be available at both the Big Boy Toyz dealerships in Gurgaon and Mumbai.

Big Boy Toyz now offers new Ducati bikes-unnamed-1.png

Big Boy Toyz has acquired two dozen new Ducati Diavels with an investment of Rs. 3 crore. The company will be selling the normal variant of the Diavel. It is priced at Rs. 11.99 lakh, which is 30% less than the market price.

Big Boy Toyz now offers new Ducati bikes-unnamed.png

Big Boy Toyz has been selling luxury cars since 2009. The company sells around 400 cars including 300 used and 100 new cars in a year and has an annual turnover of Rs. 250 crore.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd May 2019 at 10:09.
TusharK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Big Boy Toyz now offers new Ducati bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Bog Boy Toyz has acquired two dozen new Ducati Diavels with an investment of Rs. 3 crore. The company will be selling the normal variant of the Diavel. It is priced at Rs. 11.99 lakh, which is 30% less than the market price.

24 Diavels acquired for Rs.3 Cr and a selling price of Rs.11.99L. Something is amiss in the calculation. Or maybe the press release is sent by someone not good in maths.
navpreet318 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:30   #3
BHPian

Is the Ducati Diavel a hot seller for them to buy 24 units!?

I think they must have got these from Ducati unsold stock at a significant discount.

I wonder whether there is appropriate demand in the market for this particular Ducati model..
GoBlue is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:40   #4
Team-BHP Support

Big Boy Toyz now offers new Ducati bikes

I had spoken to their team. Here are a few relevant points.
1. The bikes are purchased directly from Ducati factory abroad.
2. They are registered in the name of BBT as first owner with HP plate. 0 kms run.
3. Here is the actual on road costing if you were to buy it for eg in Mumbai without full legal transfer to MH.

Ducati Diavel
price : 11,99,000
(+) 1% TCS : 11,990
(+) RC Transfer Cost : 35,000*
(+) Logistics : 45,000
(+) Insurance 0dep : 60,000
Total : 13,50,990/-

The 13.5 therefore is the actual on road price not 11.99.

4. If you want a proper legal transfer to MH address cost will be around 15.5 lakh.
5. The bikes will enjoy warranty support from Ducati India. Upto date based on BBT ownership start date.

* - This is a license to use out of state bike temporarily for 6/12 months. Not permanent RC transfer cost to MH.

** - all above information based on my inquiry with the BBT sales team. It is not been validated beyond that conversation.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st May 2019 at 19:45.
Axe77 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 23:06   #5
BHPian

From what i understand, there is a new Diavel coming (with a bigger engine?) and BBT has picked-up the old unsold inventory in one shot. Good for Ducati, at least.

The catch here is, the bikes are already registered on BBT name so the actual owner will be second owner on paper.

I think BBT has got it wrong this time. They will have a hard time selling these 24 bikes in a respectable time frame. Any delay will have to be compensated with discounts and might end up loosing some money in the whole deal
tarik.arora is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
From what i understand, there is a new Diavel coming (with a bigger engine?) and BBT has picked-up the old unsold inventory in one shot.
That's correct. The new Diavel is coming soon. So this will be the old model very soon but then for someone who was looking to buy a Diavel, this is a steal deal! The owner will be the second owner on paper but if one wants to keep the bike for a long time, that should not be a problem.

The Diavel is a proper power cruiser. The torque it offers is beyond imagination. One needs to ride it to experience it. If I was in the market for a Diavel, I would not miss this deal. It's a lot of motorcycle for the price.
anshumandun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
That's correct. The new Diavel is coming soon. So this will be the old model very soon but then for someone who was looking to buy a Diavel, this is a steal deal! The owner will be the second owner on paper but if one wants to keep the bike for a long time, that should not be a problem.
Isn't the Diavel priced at around 16.5-17 lacs on-road when bought from Ducati directly? BBT's price is ex-showroom only so the difference may not be as big as it looks. I am still not clear on the complete deal that they are offering but if the difference is over 2-3 lacs, then yes, it is a fairly good deal for a technically unused bike. But if the difference is less, then the deal may not be as good.
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Isn't the Diavel priced at around 16.5-17 lacs on-road when bought from Ducati directly?
Diavel base model is 16 lakhs ex-showroom. So it's a saving of more than 4 lakhs for the on-road price. That's a sweet deal
anshumandun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:47   #9
A M
BHPian

What I have observed, BBT's business model is to buy back whatever they sold to a customer and sell them a different model. This strategy is similar to leasing a vehicle but not on a monthly payment basis, rather an upfront payment.

They might have a similar strategy in mind for the Diavels. If they manage to sell the same bike 3 times over, they are making profits. Partial ownership transfer, as suggested by Axe77, provides hints on their intention. Also, they managed to reduce their on-road cost by registering the bikes in HP.

On another note, wouldn't Ducati dealers revolt?
A M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
What I have observed, BBT's business model is to buy back whatever they sold to a customer and sell them a different model. This strategy is similar to leasing a vehicle but not on a monthly payment basis, rather an upfront payment.
Interesting observation and a good business model, at least in theory.

Quote:
On another note, wouldn't Ducati dealers revolt?
The Diavel is not available in India anymore more because the new Diavel is coming soon. It's not even listed on the Ducati India website anymore. Only the XDiavel is still available. So the Ducati dealers have nothing to worry about. On the contrary, they might be thankful to BBT for purchasing the old stock from them (assuming that BBT did not buy directly from Ducati).
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:21   #11
BHPian

These bikes are most probably or for a fact, all the unsold stock nationwide.

They acquire brand new unsold cars in bulk and now bikes or major luxury manufacturers.
Last they had BMW X5, Merc SLK 350, Volvo XC90 2016.
What they say about the vehicle being 0 km and all the warranty stuff is genuine.

I know all these as I was an ex-sales at BBT.
v_safari is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
2. They are registered in the name of BBT as first owner with HP plate. 0 kms run.
3. Here is the actual on road costing if you were to buy it for eg in Mumbai without full legal transfer to MH.

Ducati Diavel

4. If you want a proper legal transfer to MH address cost will be around 15.5 lakh.
5. The bikes will enjoy warranty support from Ducati India. Upto date based on BBT ownership start date.

A friend mentioned that the Bikes sold by BBT are 2017 make?
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:49   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont understand, how is this different from buying a near new motorcycle from someone who has used it for say 500 kms? In the latter case, there is one selling price but with BBT, it is broken up into bits and pieces to give the illusion of a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post

They acquire brand new unsold cars in bulk and now bikes or major luxury manufacturers.
Last they had BMW X5, Merc SLK 350, Volvo XC90 2016.
What they say about the vehicle being 0 km and all the warranty stuff is genuine.

V_Safari, since you were in BBT earlier, maybe you can be the right person to shed light on this. Since the bike is already registered in the name of BBT, they are the first owner. So it is legally correct for them to collect TCS? If I buy a car or bike and sell it to someone else (legally the same situation that BBT is in), I dont collect 1% TCS from the buyer. So what gives?
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:01   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post

I was informed that they were purchased directly from Ducati international factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
A friend mentioned that the Bikes sold by BBT are 2017 make?

I think (vague recall) I had heard something similar and it is indeed possible but it is not something I specifically asked BBT and I am frankly not sure either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I dont understand, how is this different from buying a near new motorcycle from someone who has used it for say 500 kms?
Simply put, it's not. You have to see whether the 0 kms used bike at BBT price compares well to a similarly low run available used bike. Treat both pricing on a like basis. Ignore the break up and look at the final price of BBT.
I suppose a nominal factor is you will be the first person to wring the throttle - if that matters to you. Also on a used bike the chances are much higher that it might be same state as where you live. Unless you are from HP in this case that is most certainly not the case unless you pay that added cost of transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

So it is legally correct for them to collect TCS? If I buy a car or bike and sell it to someone else (legally the same situation that BBT is in), I dont collect 1% TCS from the buyer. So what gives?

You are incorrect here I think. My understanding is ANY sale (even individual to individual on used attracts TCS if the transaction value is above a certain amount - I think that threshold is 10 lakh but I could be wrong.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 01:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Ducati Diavel

Any idea why they want to charge RC transfer at 35k when actual rate is just 150 bucks.
Source -
https://himachal.nic.in/index1.php?l...sublinkid=1210
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks