Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:42   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kawasaki ZX-10R to be locally assembled. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Wishful thinking here - why not localize both?
Agree. Kawasaki has shown a lot of aggression over the past one year, so may be eventually they will come to this - I mean, who would have thought Ninja 1000 and ZX10R both will become CKD.

However - being a smaller player, they seem to be doing one or two things at a time. So with the rumours of the 300, the 400 might not happen immediately. Even the Versys 300 desperately needs a localised price tag.
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Kawasaki has wiped the Litre-class floor with this pricing. A ZX-10R at less than 17L OTR Bangalore :O

Now if only Kawasaki improves the sales/after-sales experience as well
Old 2nd July 2018, 19:08   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is what I have been told by the Kawasaki Kochi sales guy
- Booking amount of Rs 1 lakh.
- Waiting period of around 2 and a half months, so that puts deliveries in the month of October.
- Price will go by Rs 1,00,000 after the end of July.
- Here is the kicker, the ex showroom price in Kerala, as was told to him, was Rs 13.3 L. Now I know you are thinking wait a minute, Kawasaki just announced a price of Rs 12.8 L ex showroom so whats with the additional Rs 50,000. Well Kawasaki Kochi is infamous for baking in their handling charges into the ex showroom price. They have been doing the same with the N1000 as well where the ex showroom price is around Rs 10.2x L whereas the actual ex showroom price around the country is Rs 9.98 L. I havent checked on the other Kawasaki bikes to see if this pattern is consistent but I wouldnt be surprised if it is.

I am waiting to hear back from them on the pricing breakup and the final on road price. Hopefully the ex showroom pricing is consistent with the rest of the nation and they dont take the term God's own country in its literal sense by having separate pricing!

One big concern I have is that Kawasaki will have limited stock of the ZX10R to provide dealerships and with this fabulous pricing, demand will far outmatch supply. Will Kawasaki honor the pricing for everyone who makes a booking before the end of July? What will be the waiting period for those who miss out on the first batch even if they have made the booking before the end of July?
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 10:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Here is what I have been told by the Kawasaki Kochi sales guy
- Booking amount of Rs 1 lakh.
- Waiting period of around 2 and a half months, so that puts deliveries in the month of October.
- Price will go by Rs 1,00,000 after the end of July.
-
Insane pricing by Kawa. Makes any other supersport look like a day-light robbery now. Kawa did to everyone else what the Busa did to the 14R. If only these chaps had done this way back in 2016 when they launched the Gen5, my mutual fund portfolio would have been 4 lakhs heavier today
narula123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 14:43   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Insane pricing by Kawa. Makes any other supersport look like a day-light robbery now. Kawa did to everyone else what the Busa did to the 14R. If only these chaps had done this way back in 2016 when they launched the Gen5, my mutual fund portfolio would have been 4 lakhs heavier today
The price is insane and I feel for you man. But the grass is always greener (no pun intended) on the other side. The two friendly gentlemen from the sales team of the Kawasaki Cochin dealership have been proactively following up with me as well as updating me on the 10R launch for the last few months. However, they have been maintaining a strange radio silence ever since the bike got launched and I asked them about the inflated pricing.

They had committed to sending me the total on road pricing over a week and half back but till now, nothing. Zero. So they probably have sold out whatever stock they were expecting and / or have enough potential buyers lined up at the inflated ex showroom price that they dont need to deal with cranky customers like me who ask uncomfortable questions!

Maybe Ill just wait for these 10R s to come into the second hand market 2 years from now and pick them up at an even better bargain price
Old 13th July 2018, 19:05   #36
Team-BHP Support

Now sold out!

AutocarIndia reports that the initial lot of 100 bikes have been booked out within fifteen days of launch and the dealerships have stopped accepting bookings temporarily.

http://www.autocarindia.com/bike-new...old-out-409025

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th July 2018 at 19:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 21:24   #37
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now sold out!

AutocarIndia reports that the initial lot of 100 bikes have been booked out within fifteen days of launch and the dealerships have stopped accepting bookings temporarily.

http://www.autocarindia.com/bike-new...old-out-409025
Yep all bikes perceived as being a good deal in the Kawasaki range are flying of the shelves rapidly.

And this is a good deal presently along with a few others. Infact they seem to be leading in India right now in both the 5-6L and 9-14L ex-showroom range, and second only to Triumph in the 7-9L range. Harley loosing out big time it seems inspite of the revamp in products.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 09:50   #38
BHPian

After the 10R, the next assault was the Ninja 300. Just when everyone and their uncles had written off the baby Ninja, Kawi goes and does a masterstroke on pricing with some very ugly graphic makeover & ABS to boot. BMW would be eating their hat right now.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 16:59   #39
Team-BHP Support

Deliveries of the locally assembled ZX10R has started now -

http://www.autocarindia.com/bike-new...s-begin-409244
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:33   #40
BHPian

As per a vlogger, the price has now been raised to 14.8L. If this old news still holds, then it is priced on par with the Fireblade.
It may be better to buy the blade at that price than struggling with sewage quality sales and service of Kawasaki India.

Anyway, bad decision from Kawasaki, with sales dropping in most parts of the world, they should exploit the potential of the Indian market instead of getting greedy.

Last edited by theredliner : 23rd October 2018 at 13:38.
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:38   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
As per a vlogger, the price has now been raised to 14.8L.
Price has been raised, but the above figure is not right. New prices -

ZX10R - Rs.14,30,000
ZX10RR - Rs.16,98,000

Quote:
then it is priced on par with the Fireblade.
No, not really. 'Blade prices as below -

CBR 1000RR - Rs.16,79,838
CBR 1000RR SP - Rs. 21,22,190

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd October 2018 at 13:40.
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Price has been raised, but the above figure is not right. New prices -

ZX10R - Rs.14,30,000
ZX10RR - Rs.16,98,000
Hmm. The increase is much lesser for the RR.

Quote:
No, not really. 'Blade prices as below -

CBR 1000RR - Rs.16,79,838
CBR 1000RR SP - Rs. 21,22,190
I did see that. That was why I was not sure if the old news still held good. I'm a bit confused which one to trust. If Honda did drop the prices, why did they increase it back when no changes to the duties were made? Have they not bothered updating the site? But again, 6 months is too long a time to let the old prices sit on the official site.
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But again, 6 months is too long a time to let the old prices sit on the official site.
Only 5 CBR1000s were sold in 2018. I won't be surprised if they are not paying attention.

In contrast - Honda is really upping the game with the Africa Twin. Youtube commercials, sponsored group rides, ownership report videos, highlight in brand commercials etc - The Tiger 800s and other competition is having a very tough time fighting the Honda.
Old 23rd October 2018, 18:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
It may be better to buy the blade at that price than struggling with sewage quality sales and service of Kawasaki India.

Sorry for the off topic. Some of the feedback I received about Kawasaki service was positive in comparison to the state they were in during the first few months of post Bajaj-Kawasaki split. I heard that the service cost and availability of spare parts have improved a lot. It is a surprise for me to hear that the service support is still bad. Not sure if your feedback is city specific or pan-India.
Old 23rd October 2018, 18:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In contrast - Honda is really upping the game with the Africa Twin. Youtube commercials, sponsored group rides, ownership report videos, highlight in brand commercials etc - The Tiger 800s and other competition is having a very tough time fighting the Honda.
Really ? i thought only the hardcore offroad crown would be attracted by the Africa Twin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks