BHPian

Re: Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Used Vahan4 to determine tax. Link

Ex showroom price is ~Rs. 7,55,317/-

When you choose imported:

When you choose non-imported:
Vahan link doesn't differentiate between CKD and CBU rule which Maharastra has. Imported directs to CBU based on 20% tax rate. Non-Imported may include both locally manufactured ones and assembled through CKD since both have the same 12% tax for higher capacity bikes. The GSX 750 is assembled in India thorugh CKD route and so road tax rate should be 12%.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:58   #18
BHPian

Source: https://www.zigwheels.com/newbikes/S...oad-price-pune

Pune on-road price is being shown as 8.62 by ZigWheels.

It would be interesting to see the official price list shared by the dealer.
Old 10th May 2018, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
Source: https://www.zigwheels.com/newbikes/S...oad-price-pune

Pune on-road price is being shown as 8.62 by ZigWheels.

It would be interesting to see the official price list shared by the dealer.
Yes. If we compare it with CBR650F prices, then 9.2 lakhs on-road seems fishy.
CBR650F ex showroom in Maharashtra is 7.3 lakhs - Being a CKD, tax at 12% - 87,600 and insurance around 17K makes the on-road price 8.34 lakhs. We have one from our own forum who has bought one a month back from Pune dealer.
If GSX-S750 is assembled through CKD route, then there is no way the on-road can be at 9.2 lakhs since the ex-showroom is 7.45 lakhs which is only 15K over the price of CBR650F.
Old 29th June 2018, 01:29   #20
BHPian

Has anybody on the forum bought one of these as yet??

I have been test riding bikes in the segment (Kawasaki z900, Honda CBR 650F and this one) and really liked the GSX-S750. From what the dealer tells me 20 odd bikes sold so far with around 7 being in Mumbai. So was eagerly awaiting for a BHPian to buy one and give us a review.

Does anybody know how the big Suzukis are to maintain? Because the only plus point for the Honda is the shockingly low service costs.
medicineman1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 08:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman1987 View Post

I have been test riding bikes in the segment (Kawasaki z900, Honda CBR 650F and this one) and really liked the GSX-S750. From what the dealer tells me 20 odd bikes sold so far with around 7 being in Mumbai. So was eagerly awaiting for a BHPian to buy one and give us a review.

Does anybody know how the big Suzukis are to maintain? Because the only plus point for the Honda is the shockingly low service costs.
You should also test ride the Street triple S before making your purchase decision. All 4 bikes in this segment are superb - you wont go wrong with any of them.
Old 29th June 2018, 09:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:

I have Suzuki Inazuma since 4 years and the service cost is an average Rs3000 per service. Commonly used parts such as chain-sprockets, brake pads, cables, etc are very expensive. But if you source them from abroad, it works out to half the showroom price. Overall service quality is good and quality of cycle parts is superb.
Olympal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 23:47   #23
BHPian

The dealer I spoke with told me is that the service interval is 4000km / 4 months. And with a normal service touching ~10k you're looking at ~30k a year on maintenance just to keep the warranty. Can anybody confirm is this is true? I forgot to ask about the warranty though, does anybody know how much warranty suzuki is offering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
You should also test ride the Street triple S before making your purchase decision. All 4 bikes in this segment are superb - you wont go wrong with any of them.
Street triple I didn't really consider because maintenance will be a issue for me. Also the higher sticker price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
I have Suzuki Inazuma since 4 years and the service cost is an average Rs3000 per service. Commonly used parts such as chain-sprockets, brake pads, cables, etc are very expensive. But if you source them from abroad, it works out to half the showroom price. Overall service quality is good and quality of cycle parts is superb.
That's nice to hear. I too have heard that even though the suzuki parts are expensive, they last much longer. The Inazuma is a brilliant bike.
medicineman1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 14:35   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

A few days ago I had signed up through the Suzuki website for a test ride of the S750 in Kerala but I didnt hear anything from either the company or the dealership. So I called the dealership directly today and found out that they are yet to complete the formalities for RTO registration. Hence they dont have a test ride bike now and are looking at having things in place from some time in August.

Given that the dealership is in Calicut (north Kerala), there is a slight logistical challenge when it comes to servicing the bike for those in other parts of Kerala. I was told that the dealership can arrange for the service technicians to visit owners at their homes which will incur a small fee. The exact fee for covering these travel expenses isnt fixed right now.
Old 8th July 2018, 02:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Given that the dealership is in Calicut (north Kerala), there is a slight logistical challenge when it comes to servicing the bike for those in other parts of Kerala. I was told that the dealership can arrange for the service technicians to visit owners at their homes which will incur a small fee. The exact fee for covering these travel expenses isnt fixed right now.
They're charging 3300-3500 rupees to send the technician from Mumbai to Goa. Which coincidentally is the same amount that Honda is asking to send their technician from Bangalore to Goa to service the CBR650F. Please do tell us once you find out.
medicineman1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 13:08   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

The Suzuki dealership in Kerala has sent me the price breakup details today.
Ex-Showroom Price Rs.759094
Insurance Rs. 16608
Tax&Cess Rs.152219
Temp.Regn Rs. 150
On Road Price Rs. 928071

I compared the ex showroom price to the other states listed on the Suzuki website and Kerala seems to have the highest number.

Quote:
They're charging 3300-3500 rupees to send the technician from Mumbai to Goa. Which coincidentally is the same amount that Honda is asking to send their technician from Bangalore to Goa to service the CBR650F. Please do tell us once you find out.
The dealership had told me that they have only delivered 2 big bikes so far (both Busas) and those were being brought in for service by the owners. From what I understand, that is probably why they havent really streamlined the home service model across the state. Hence the pricing is not readily available, I will keep the thread updated when I get more concrete information.
Old 9th July 2018, 13:19   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Given that the dealership is in Calicut (north Kerala), there is a slight logistical challenge when it comes to servicing the bike for those in other parts of Kerala.
Incase you are concerned about service, can look at Kawasaki. Dealership and service center is only at Kochi - if any major work is required. However, they have streamlined the mobile service concept for remote places and regular service. You can check dkaile's post (2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - The Comprehensive Review) for details of service provided by the van.

Kerala, for example, have the following service events lined up for July 2018 -

Trivandrum - 6th July.
Pathanamthitta - 13th July.
Kollam - 14th July.
Munnar - 20th July.
Idukki - 21st July.
Adoor - 26th July.
Kottarakkara - 27th July.

Suzuki sells far less number of big bikes in comparison to the Harley or Triumph or Kawasaki. I do not expect them to streamline their services very soon.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th July 2018 at 13:22.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 14:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

You are right, I have gone and checked the Kawasaki service centre here in Cochin, myself. I am surprised that Suzuki didnt get a dealership in Kochi or Trivandrum and instead opted for Calicut. I hope things improve for Suzuki in future, the big bike culture is slowly but surely picking up steam across the state and the big players that snooze will lose.
Old 26th July 2018, 19:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Picked up the GSX-S750 on June 30, completed 900kms (mix of urban, highway & hills riding) and is due for it's first service tomorrow.

Pros:
- Creamy butter smooth engine
- Awesome intake & exhaust note post 4000 rpm's
- Stable and confidence inspiring both in straight line & corners
- Traction control works well, so does the dual channel ABS
- RPM assist is a boon in Bangalore traffic

Cons:
- Heavy clutch, which am getting used too. No issues in highway runs only in chock-o-block traffic conditions
- Can feel the weight (215 Kgs) of the bike at standstill but once in motion the weight vanishes
- No OE accessories available as of now

Will update pics and information post 1st service. All in all a do it all inline 4

Last edited by sats : 26th July 2018 at 19:21. Reason: updation
sats is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 22:39   #30
BHPian

Congrats man.
You happy with their sales and support thus far?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed