Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2018, 09:54   #106
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Fair enough! I was anyways going to use a rad guard on the RS as I have had a bad experience when a small rock managed to enter my FZ1's radiator guard and slightly damage the FZs radiator!

Has anyone found out if any 'Display theme' on the RS shows temperature in digits rather than a bar graph?
I was just going to mention the same - Rather have a hotter engine than a punctured radiator. Specially on naked bikes have seen numerous examples of random stones causing a fatal hit on it. A friend's Hyosung managed to take one through at the race track of all places infact.
Old 5th March 2018, 09:55   #107
BHPian

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
So 765 owners, has anyone installed an aftermarket taller screen yet?

the brakes,

No luck so far for most of us. The OE Triumph screen is absolutely useless and no one seems to have reviewed the Puig option. I am waiting for someone to install it and then take the plunge myself. The screen is a must have for sure.

I opened her up properly for the first time yesterday and holy Jesus this bike is a maniac. I would not recommend track mode for street use! It is hooligan-ism at the highest level!

Regarding the choice over S, i genuinely feel that the brakes, the tyres and suspension are more than enough reasons to go for this.

However, please check with your dealer about the price increase. My SA has informed me of a 60k increase in price. He still has a few bikes in stock at the 10.55 ex showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Yeah, I too thought it would come easily! Didn't you pay any duty whatsoever?

None. Zilch. Nada! Honestly, i think i got lucky

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2018 at 08:17. Reason: Please re-upload the pics. Be sure to 'submit' the post within 30 minutes of uploading the attachments
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 09:53   #108
BHPian

Re-uploading the pictures

I am in love with how beautiful this color looks in the morning

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1156.jpg

A picture during a spur of the moment solo evening ride on Sunday. The techspec tank pads look good and are extremely functional as well.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1163.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1164.jpg

A random pic with few of the bikes of our morning group

From L-R: Absolutely gorgeous and pristine Kawasaki 636, My 765RS, Bhp-ain Rachit Dogra's beautiful 650F and Bhp-ian keshav.arora's mad mad 10R.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1160.jpg

And the most important picture for me on a personal level- i am back to riding after almost 10 years and slowly coming over the fear of leaning the bike.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-28167780_10155043713962352_2976558267435971099_n.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 13:29   #109
BHPian

Some pics from a recent trackday. I went ahead with soft suspension settings and Metzler M5 tires. Can't remove the watermark due to various reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-rs-track1.jpeg  

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-rs-track2.jpeg  

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-rs-track3.jpeg  

dchahal is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 10:05   #110
BHPian

Hey guys, I’m going to get one of these bad boys next month, April 15-20 is the promised date though I’m trying to push it for an early date. So I’m posting to see if there’s anything I should know or any accessories I should buy before I pick this up?

I see that everyone’s been on the Evotech grill. Just so you know, this will mostly be a city driven vehicle and the occasional highway/trips. Let me know or feel free to give any suggestions.
Old 18th March 2018, 13:39   #111
Team-BHP Support

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to get one of these bad boys next month, April 15-20 is the promised date though I'm trying to push it for an early date. So I'm posting to see if there's anything I should know or any accessories I should buy before I pick this up?

I see that everyone's been on the Evotech grill. Just so you know, this will mostly be a city driven vehicle and the occasional highway/trips. Let me know or feel free to give any suggestions.

Are you picking the S or the RS. Both a brilliant machines but the RS is just a really sweet ride!

I would recommend at the very least a radiator guard, fork protectors, engine guard and tank protecting scratch guard. I am assuming you will have personal protective gear as appropriate.

I have also bought a helmet lock recently which allows me to leave the helmet locked to the bike. [Something like this: https://shop.motousher.com/collectio...er-with-cable].

Personally I am currently exploring luggage options but that's a very personal requirement - most people would not like to taint their lovely street bikes with luggage. :-)

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th March 2018 at 13:49.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 18:45   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Are you picking the S or the RS. Both a brilliant machines but the RS is just a really sweet ride!

I would recommend at the very least a radiator guard, fork protectors, engine guard and tank protecting scratch guard. I am assuming you will have personal protective gear as appropriate.

I have also bought a helmet lock recently which allows me to leave the helmet locked to the bike. [Something like this: https://shop.motousher.com/collectio...er-with-cable].

Personally I am currently exploring luggage options but that's a very personal requirement - most people would not like to taint their lovely street bikes with luggage. :-)
I’m getting the RS. I’m in love that Matte Ice Silver color. Not to mention, I had a huge smile on my face after the test drive, can’t ask for more.

Are there any specific brands and places that I could source these from? Links would be of great help.
Radiator guard
Fork protectors
Engine guard
Tank protecting scratch guard

As for the personal gear I’ve got them covered for now. However I still need to pick up some nice boots and pants down the line.
Old 18th March 2018, 19:19   #113
BHPian

Quote:

Are there any specific brands and places that I could source these from? Links would be of great help.
Radiator guard
Fork protectors
Engine guard
Radiator guard :-
https://evotech-performance.com/coll...reet-triple-rs
This is one of the best ones that you get in the market. You can directly import it by placing an order through their website.

Engine guard/Fork protectors/Tank guard:-
You can get the Triumph OEM accessories for these parts. They are very good. Triumph dealers do sell all these accessories except for the radiator guard. For Tank protecting guard, you can either get the Triumph OEM or have it shipped from Alibaba.

Last edited by shan_ned : 18th March 2018 at 19:22.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 10:10   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I’m getting the RS. I’m in love that Matte Ice Silver color. Not to mention, I had a huge smile on my face after the test drive, can’t ask for more.

Radiator guard
Fork protectors
Engine guard

As for the personal gear I’ve got them covered for now. However I still need to pick up some nice boots and pants down the line.
This what i am running on my RS

Radiator Guard- From Evotech. Ordered from the website directly- INR 5000
Fork Protectors- Triumph OEM from dealership- brilliant quality- Free
Crash Guards- Puig - INR 11k
Engine Guard- Triumph OEM. Most cost effective and excellent finish- INR 9.7k
Tank Protectors- R&G Carbon fiber- awaiting delivery USD 120

Not using tank scratch film but using Techspec grips (USD 65) and the Triumph OEM Tank Pad (INR 2300)

Except the tank pad, all can be seen on the pic below.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-betty.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 11:19   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

Cheers
Rohan
Any reason for not opting the Triumph OEM crash guard ?. Do you see PUIG offering better functionality over the OEM ?
Old 19th March 2018, 12:04   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Any reason for not opting the Triumph OEM crash guard ?. Do you see PUIG offering better functionality over the OEM ?
The primary reason was that the OEM one was not available when i got the bike in mid December and the dealership quoted almost 2 months of waiting period. I did not want to risk running the bike without crash guards for that long. I saw the Puig ones on another RS at the dealership and found the quality acceptable and level of protection adequate and hence decided to go for them.

However, i have read reports which said that these crash guards may be more harmful than the OEM ones as they may get caught on something in the unfortunate event of a slide (as they extend a fair bit out when compared to the OEM ones).

Given a choice today, i may go in for the OEM ones purely because they look fantastic and not because they offer more any more protection over Puig.

If i have spare cash a few months down the line, i may just sell the Puig and get the OEM ones.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 12:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Radiator guard :-
https://evotech-performance.com/coll...reet-triple-rs
This is one of the best ones that you get in the market. You can directly import it by placing an order through their website.

Engine guard/Fork protectors/Tank guard:-
You can get the Triumph OEM accessories for these parts. They are very good. Triumph dealers do sell all these accessories except for the radiator guard. For Tank protecting guard, you can either get the Triumph OEM or have it shipped from Alibaba.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

Radiator Guard- From Evotech. Ordered from the website directly- INR 5000
Fork Protectors- Triumph OEM from dealership- brilliant quality- Free
Engine Guard- Triumph OEM. Most cost effective and excellent finish- INR 9.7k
Tank Protectors- R&G Carbon fiber- awaiting delivery USD 120

Not using tank scratch film but using Techspec grips (USD 65) and the Triumph OEM Tank Pad (INR 2300)

Except the tank pad, all can be seen on the pic below.

Attachment 1743222

Cheers
Rohan
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions guys, I’m on it.
Old 25th March 2018, 01:48   #118
BHPian

We do have a touchdown and more details soon

sweetvar26 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 12:22   #119
BHPian

Hey guys, I picked up an RS this week and it’s been nothing short of awesome so far.

The front brakes though, they make slight squeaking sounds when applied. Even without the brakes being applied, after a short ride, there’s squeaking sound coming from the front wheel/brakes.

When asked at my local Triumph, the technician was telling me that the brakes are new and they still need to be work out a little which I understand. However, I didn’t get that he was giving me the same explanation for the part where there’s squeaking sounds even without the brakes applied.

Any idea or anyone else have similar issues?
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 13:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We do have a touchdown and more details soon

Congrats!! Its like unwrapping a birthday gift. Post some pics.

Most Viewed