Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 21:43   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Just got the radiator guard for the RS. The mudguard is short from the back side near the radiator and the tyre ends up throwing everything in its way onto the radiator.

Aircraft grade aluminium with a matte black sandblasted finish. Unfortunately, the radiator covers on the side use Torx screws so I'll have to get the mounting done from outside.

So that's 3 of us using the same radiator guard! Installation is very very easy and available on the Evotech website. I installed mine on my own and didn't take more than 7-8 minutes.

Post installation pic. Ignore the dirt. Had to ride through water

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1519661586.996755.jpg
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 22:14   #92
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

That's great Rohan! My only worry is the guard might restrict airflow onto the radiator at crawl speeds/ traffic. That might end up making the engine run hot at slower speeds.
Have you experienced higher than normal (before guard installation) temperatures at slow speeds?
Old 27th February 2018, 10:19   #93
BHPian

Quote:
That's great Rohan! My only worry is the guard might restrict airflow onto the radiator at crawl speeds/ traffic. That might end up making the engine run hot at slower speeds.

Have you experienced higher than normal (before guard installation) temperatures at slow speeds?

At crawl speeds there is no airflow actually and that's why radiators have fans. At high speeds bikes doesn't need any fan assistance. Many race bikes runs without radiator fan bcz those never crawl.
Old 27th February 2018, 11:44   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
At crawl speeds there is no airflow actually and that's why radiators have fans. At high speeds bikes doesn't need any fan assistance. Many race bikes runs without radiator fan bcz those never crawl.
There have been cases of riders experiencing higher than normal temperatures with installed rad guards.
My question was have you noticed any difference in temperatures as compared to before installation of the rad guard especially in our conditions.
The Evotech Rad-guard cuts off almost 40% of the useable radiator heat exchange surface so when you're slow, fans will then kick in quicker and might have to stay on longer.

Last edited by Crankpin : 27th February 2018 at 11:49.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 12:23   #95
BHPian

Quote:
There have been cases of riders experiencing higher than normal temperatures with installed rad guards.
My question was have you noticed any difference in temperatures as compared to before installation of the rad guard especially in our conditions.
The Evotech Rad-guard cuts off almost 40% of the useable radiator heat exchange surface so when you're slow, fans will then kick in quicker and might have to stay on longer.
Both Dinesh (dchahal above) and i are using the same radiator guard as you. In fact I installed mine only 2 weeks back and have ridden in very heavy twice after that and can confirm that there is no increase in the heat and she rides as before! Go ahead and get this installed

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 01:42   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Both Dinesh (dchahal above) and i are using the same radiator guard as you.
Rohan
plus one. I got mine used. Even after nearly 6 months of use by previous owner, looked brand new. Must for Indian conditions.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 09:25   #97
BHPian

Quote:

Those cases may be happening when their cooling system is not working to its optimal level, so a small change in airflow as well is disturbing the harmony.

On bar style temperature gauges you can't know the 2-3 degree difference which by itself is harmless. But I can give you one example. I installed a bullbar on my EcoSport which was a foolishness in first place but I learned things from it. After installing it, I got paranoid about the engine cooling due to it being visually very restrictive to the radiator airflow. So, I bought an OBD scanner and checked the temperature difference between a new EcoSport and mine. There was a 2-3 degree difference between the two on the same route. And believe me that bull bar looked very restrictive as it was thick fibre one and you know how much R&D they have done on it. On the other hand evotech radiator guard for Street is a well engineered piece of metal, it surely will be increasing the temperature by a small margin bcz it covers some surface area but when the bikes run at speed the temperatures reach to the level where thermostat restricts the coolant flow to maintain the operating temperature, while at crawling speeds you won't get any reasonable airflow for cooling on its own, so here also the effect is marginal. Haven't checked it OBD though but it's safer than roaming around with a naked radiator on Bike with very sporty fender. I haven't noticed any specific heating even in traffic.

I hope it will help.
Old 28th February 2018, 11:11   #98
BHPian

Fair enough! I was anyways going to use a rad guard on the RS as I have had a bad experience when a small rock managed to enter my FZ1's radiator guard and slightly damage the FZs radiator!

Has anyone found out if any 'Display theme' on the RS shows temperature in digits rather than a bar graph?

Last edited by Crankpin : 28th February 2018 at 11:13.
Old 28th February 2018, 21:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Just got the radiator guard for the RS.
How much did it cost all inclusive, and where did you get it from? I have an R&G radiator guard on the Daytona 675, haven't had anything hit it yet, and hopefully never happens, but how sturdy does this Evotech one feel?
Old 28th February 2018, 22:38   #100
BHPian

Unfortunately, they charged me a hell lot of duty so it cost about 9k :-(
Costs 5K INR in the UK and I was going to carry it but it wasn't in stock in December when I was there
It's pretty neat and solidly built. I'll try mounting it tomorrow and share some pictures.

Buy it directly from Evotech (garry@evotech-performance.com) but request them to send it via Mumbai Customs instead of Delhi if possible. My friend's piece is still stuck at Delhi customs for the past one month or perhaps it's lost!

Last edited by Crankpin : 28th February 2018 at 22:42.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 16:22   #101
BHPian

Quote:
My friend's piece is still stuck at Delhi customs for the past one month or perhaps it's lost!

Very weird. I got mine directly from Evotech for 5k and it came within 10 days without any issues whatsoever.
Old 3rd March 2018, 21:43   #102
BHPian

So 765 owners, has anyone installed an aftermarket taller screen yet? I'm also reading on the TriumphRAT.net about these, but not much by way of reviews. I'm dreading the wind noise even more than the wind blast, a taller screen is something I will almost certainly need if I go naked (you know what I mean ) , the noise in my helmet even with earplugs was unbearably loud to me.

I squeezed in another short spin on the 765RS and it reaffirms my stance of choosing it over the S, not that the S is a poor choice, it's very good too - but the response from down low, the brakes, the sound , all feel more aggressive, controlled and sporty. Still now dedicated test ride RS in sight, maybe I should try Mumbai?

Last edited by Ricci : 3rd March 2018 at 21:44.
Old 5th March 2018, 08:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
So 765 owners, has anyone installed an aftermarket taller screen yet? I'm also reading on the TriumphRAT.net about these, but not much by way of reviews. I'm dreading the wind noise even more than the wind blast, a taller screen is something I will almost certainly need if I go naked (you know what I mean ) , the noise in my helmet even with earplugs was unbearably loud to me.

I squeezed in another short spin on the 765RS and it reaffirms my stance of choosing it over the S, not that the S is a poor choice, it's very good too - but the response from down low, the brakes, the sound , all feel more aggressive, controlled and sporty. Still now dedicated test ride RS in sight, maybe I should try Mumbai?
Try Mumbai for a test ride? The Pune showroom guys didn't offer you a test ride?
Old 5th March 2018, 09:13   #104
Team-BHP Support

I just test drove the RS yesterday during a triumph group ride. It is STUNNING. btw please DM me if you want me to connect you to Mumbai sales person with my reference. They are very forthcoming with test drives.

Although frankly just calling their landlines will also get you the TD but happy to connect you to a friendly sales guy at shaman.
Old 5th March 2018, 09:28   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Very weird. I got mine directly from Evotech for 5k and it came within 10 days without any issues whatsoever.
Yeah, I too thought it would come easily! Didn't you pay any duty whatsoever?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks