Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2018, 12:35   #181
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

A rather interesting update for all RS users here.

https://www.triumphrat.net/street-tr...y-for-tft.html

What remains to be seen is how much will the Bluetooth module cost. Surely makes the TFT screen a lot more interesting.

Here is the link below from Triumph

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/tft-connectivity

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 16th November 2018, 22:50   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

While riding in the rain 3 weeks back, my left hand switch gear developed issues. Got it replaced under the recall program.
What was the issue you faced? I still have a faulty front left indicator bulb after the recall.
Old 17th November 2018, 09:04   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
What was the issue you faced? I still have a faulty front left indicator bulb after the recall.

I had the left indicator and the high beam come on randomly on its own and it used to stay like that. While it only happened on the day of the ride in the rain, I went ahead and got the switch assembly replaced.
Old 28th November 2018, 16:00   #184
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week I was at the Triumph service centre in Gurgaon for the second service of my Tiger 800. I was just completing the final payment when I saw the Street Triple RS test-ride bike arrive there. Sheepishly, I asked the One Triumph manager for a spin on the RS to which he obliged. What was agreed upon as a smaller 3-4 kms test ride ended up into a lovely 12+ km test ride.

The Street Triple RS is phenomenal - terrific performance, perfect dynamics and it is so easy to maneuver through traffic. Just point the handlebar in any direction and it literally jumps ahead with aplomb. The RS feels far more eager than the Street Triple S, I am sure riding the RS on a track would be really exciting.

Also saw the new white colour option on the RS, however the matte grey looks the best IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_20181123_165347.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_20181123_165350.jpg  

//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 19:26   #185
BHPian

Where can I get a motorcycle cover for my Street Triple RS?
Old 30th December 2018, 21:09   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Where can I get a motorcycle cover for my Street Triple RS?
Hard from Triumph probably, you can try with Honda, I have picked a couple they sell for Africa Twins, foreign stuff all for 1000 bucks.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 13:03   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Going by your requirements, the S looks more suitable for you as per my subjective opinion. On the contrary, some one else may suggest you the RS. In the end, you are the final judge in resolving the confusion (between what your heart and head says ).
Thank you all for the feedback and answering my questions patiently, finally cleared the confusion and the booked Street Triple S version. Delivery date set to 15th Jan.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 07:58. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 18th January 2019, 12:17   #188
BHPian

Completed the second service of the bike last weekend. Odometer after 13 months is at 6700. Total cost of service came out to be 9300 which included the oil, oil filter and the air filter. This was exactly as per my expectations and not a real surprise. Given the performance of the bike, these service costs are something that i can live with. Plus getting the annual service of the bike at the official service station does give some peace of mind. Will need a change of front pads and the tires in about 3000 km. Given my running that is likely to take 4-5 months.

Would like to check with the other owners here what fuel they are using. I have been using only 97 Octane since day one and the service guys once again recommended me using the normal fuel (Speed, Power etc.) with a tank of 97 octane every 1000 km at best. Still confused if i should shift to regular fuel or stick to 97 Octane.

Rohan
Old 20th January 2019, 06:08   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Would like to check with the other owners here what fuel they are using. I have been using only 97 Octane since day one and the service guys once again recommended me using the normal fuel (Speed, Power etc.) with a tank of 97 octane every 1000 km at best. Still confused if i should shift to regular fuel or stick to 97 Octane.

Rohan
I use regular 87 octane here in the US as recommended by factory. Higher octane is not required. Works well. In India due to bad fuel quality, higher octane may be safer option.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 10:56   #190
BHPian

Quote:

Rohan
The bike is designed to run even with 91 RON though it runs with an higher higher compression ratio. The owners manual recommends the minimum octane rating to be 91 RON. So you can stick with 91 RON without any worries. Only thing to be ensured is getting the tank filled at the reputed or well known petrol bunks. I have tried 97 RON and didn’t notice any difference. If you wish, you can go for 97 RON in case of track riding.

The service cost is good, considering the service interval to be 1 year.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 08:00. Reason: Trimmed quote. Typos.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 21:25   #191
BHPian

I have been using Shell V Power almost regularly in the RS. Still not sure about the octane rating of V Power but it does definitely feels much better than regular gasoline.

Thankfully we have some Shell stations in Pune so filling up with V power isnt al that difficult

What engine oil grade and brand does the triumph service station in Delhi use? Castrol?

Any idea when the Bluetooth Nav hardware/ software will be available for us to install?

Last edited by Crankpin : 20th January 2019 at 21:27.
Old 21st January 2019, 10:00   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
I have been using Shell V Power almost regularly in the RS. Still not sure about the octane rating of V Power but it does definitely feels much better than regular gasoline.

Thankfully we have some Shell stations in Pune so filling up with V power isnt al that difficult

What engine oil grade and brand does the triumph service station in Delhi use? Castrol?

Any idea when the Bluetooth Nav hardware/ software will be available for us to install?
Shell VPower is still 91 RON only.

Triumph service centers use Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T and the viscosity grade is 10W50. As per the manual, you can use either 10W40 or 10W50. For Indian conditions, 10W50 can be opted (though not a mandatory one).
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 10:27   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Works well. In India due to bad fuel quality, higher octane may be safer option.
Thank you! Shifted to BP's Speed this Sunday. Understand that is 91 RON with some additives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Only thing to be ensured is getting the tank filled at the reputed or well known petrol bunks.

If you wish, you can go for 97 RON in case of track riding.

The service cost is good, considering the service interval to be 1 year.
That is exactly the plan now. 97/99 for track use only. I always fill up from the Company owned pump for the cars and the bikes. Was pleasantly surprised with the service costs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Yup, they use Castrol here. The Bluetooth Navigation should be available by the summer most probably.

Cheers
Rohan
Old 4th February 2019, 12:29   #194
BHPian

Dear All,

Need expert advice - I got the new street triple S on 15th, until 30th it was all fine, on 31st did the first service, the following day Bike didnt start, had to tow the vehicle to service center (Keerthi), they said there was an air block, and no other problem and returned on Friday 1st.

Went on a ride this weekend to Wayanad, on Saturday there was no issue, but on Sunday morning again same issue, bike didnt start, after speaking to Vinod SA, he has asked us open the tank and remove the air flow cable, post which it started, after doing this 3-4 times during the whole day, managed to reach home.

Any expert advice on what the main problem could be? What the solution is? Today they will take the bike again to check the problem.
Old 20th April 2019, 16:24   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Dear All,
Need expert advice - I got the new street triple S on 15th, until 30th it was all fine, on 31st did the first service, the following day Bike didnt start, had to tow the vehicle to service center (Keerthi), they said there was an air block, and no other problem and returned on Friday 1st.
Hey, did you figure out what was the cause of this issue? I have an RS and I haven't had any issues with it so far. Then again I've only driven it about 3000kms over the entire year I've owned it.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 08:02. Reason: Trimmed quote.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks