Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2017, 18:15   #166
Senior - BHPian

This is one policy of Kawasaki that I am worried about getting into the brand; giving two hoots about it's existing customers. They have the best bikes in the world at any given price point. And their bikes are tough as nails, one or two bad apples not withstanding. But seriously guys, the Ninja 1000 just makes more sense if naked ain't a make or break factor. It has just too much more going for it @9.98L especially when you see people having bought a Z900 at this price just a month prior. Hope Mr. Reddy's issues are solved amicably.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 19:53   #167
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
I am totally shocked with the price cut and right now feel like an MTV Bakra.
The price cut is really disappointing, I had spoken to Sundeep (rashreddy), he is right on all accounts. However, there's a crucial difference in my case, I am absolutely in love with the Z900, I think it is perfect for my needs, the performance is more than adequate and flawless, so little less price-cut-heartburn.

I am reaching out to the Kawasaki head office, hope to see this to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I know that excitement takes over, but I would never have paid the entire amount, or taken delivery of the bike without the accessories in the first place.
Maybe, maybe not. Easier to say in hindsight, unless one buys superbikes every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
To start with, Qouting another member who has taken delivery of the bike in Bangalore. Hope he has some better answers regarding the registration.
There has been a big screw-up somewhere, insurance is totally wrong. The commissioner signature story - I went into Kawasaki Bangalore office and checked the papers, can't say I figured out much. I hate to say this in a public forum but the Kawasaki Bangalore reeks of incompetency and apathy. No-one bothered to give proper details to the insurance guys. They procrastinated the RTO papers submission and have been sitting on them. The registration problem is with the new Ninja 650, Z650 and the Z900.

There is a silver lining in all this mess though, the bike is funntaastic!!!
Old 16th July 2017, 20:06   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post

Maybe, maybe not. Easier to say in hindsight, unless one buys superbikes every year.
What I have said has universal application. One should never make full payment before hand or at least avoid such situations for goods not received.
I have experienced how difficult it is to make people own up to their mistake and refund money, even if it is a 50 bucks McD burger.
So I try to stay away from such situations and advice the same to others when provided an opportunity like this.

TLDR; One has to be vigilant in every financial transaction they make, whether it is for a 50 bucks burger or a 10L bike/car.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:20   #169
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
The price cut is really disappointing, I had spoken to Sundeep (rashreddy), he is right on all accounts.
Have you paid road tax on the amount including the price of accessories?

20% extra being paid for something not being delivered is plain robbery and there wont be a refund on the tax paid also if they do agree to refund the amount charged for accessories
Old 17th July 2017, 13:46   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post

20% extra being paid for something not being delivered is plain robbery and there wont be a refund on the tax paid also if they do agree to refund the amount charged for accessories
It has to be.

The bike was priced at 8.5 ex-showroom earlier. Accessories were part of the ex-showroom price, based on which RTO collects the road tax amount.
Old 17th July 2017, 14:33   #171
BHPian

Hi guys, just stumbled upon this thread. Seems there is a lot of confusion regarding the pricing and taxation. I had taken a Test ride of the Z900 last week in Pune. Attaching a quotation. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)-kawasaki-z-900-quotation.jpg  

musclecar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 15:50   #172
Senior - BHPian

Don't know what they are eating down there in Pune but Road Tax in Delhi works out to around 8.3%. I was quoted 998000 + 81840 RTO + 23000 Zero dep Insurance = 11,02,840/- On Road for Ninja 1000 today in Delhi. Delivery in one week.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 08:12   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Ameya..any hints on their asking price for the N1000 & V1000?
Ninja 1000 for Rs 11 odd Lakhs and roughly similar discounts on Versys 1000. It's a good deal if your specially looking at Z900 with Rs 9.8 Lakhs OTR Pune currently.

However, the Ninja 1000 MY 2017 gets below updates in comparison to earlier version -

- Cornering ABS in Kawasaki's terms Kawasaki Cornering Management Function (KCMF)
- The electronics package is more sophisticated which now includes an IMU (inertial measurement unit) from the track-ready Ninja H2 and ZX10-R, though with 1000-specific settings.
- Three levels of traction control
- New Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS)
- LED headlamps
- New LCD Dash

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 17:33   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Personally, I feel that they are only saying those things to pacify you and since you don't have anything in writing, all these are empty promises on which they can backtrack at any moment.
Give them time for one day and then send them a notice by registering a case with the Consumer Redressal Forum. I know that excitement takes over, but I would never have paid the entire amount, or taken delivery of the bike without the accessories in the first place.
I too feel the same in hindsight sir but now very late since it is my money that is stuck. But what irritates more is the absolute Dont care atittude and arrogance. Despite all the mess they have put the customers in and played with thier hard earned money, these people even now lack basic courtesy to even pick customer calls
And sadly looks like its the same story with Kawasaki India as well.Even after registering multiple complaints on their India Website and sending mails, the only response i received from some Ashwith Shetty is a standard one liner that they are sorry and i need to get in touch with the LOcal Bangalore Dealer to sort out any issue I dint know if i had to see the funny side or break my head in frustration. If the Local Dealer sorted out my issue then why would i need to escalate to him in the first place? Ridiculous to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
To start with, Qouting another member who has taken delivery of the bike in Bangalore. Hope he has some better answers regarding the registration.

Don't know if the commissioner story is true or not, but my gut feel is this. They have messed up the insurance with the wrong bike make and now might need to pay out of their pockets to get a new one.

So they might be trying to buy some time by giving you stories till they get it corrected without purchasing a new one.

Absolutely ridiculous. They should have provided the accessories with the bike itself. What's the whole point otherwise?

Can't help this one though. There will always be a better deal available at some point later after purchase. Had the Ninja 1000 been available when I bought my bike, I would have probably bought it too. Legally and otherwise, the offer and pricing valid at the time of sale is applicable.

The Z900 price reduction itself was just a matter of time. I had been repeating the same both in this thread and the STripple threads as well. Kawasaki was just waiting for the STripple prices to really unveil the full potential of the Z900. However, they totally exceeded my expectations with the pricing though. I expected them to undercut the 8.5L pricing of the Triple, but not by so much!

+1. Everyone should insist on seeing the actual bike and conducting a full PDI before paying even a rupee more than the initial booking amount.

However, the way the Bangalore dealer has started operations is pathetic indeed.
Coudnt agree more. Mine is a classic example. The excitement and the fact that Prices were going to increase due to GST took over and ultimately led to this situation

Quote:
The price cut is really disappointing, I had spoken to Sundeep (rashreddy), he is right on all accounts. However, there's a crucial difference in my case, I am absolutely in love with the Z900, I think it is perfect for my needs, the performance is more than adequate and flawless, so little less price-cut-heartburn.

I am reaching out to the Kawasaki head office, hope to see this to the end.

There has been a big screw-up somewhere, insurance is totally wrong. The commissioner signature story - I went into Kawasaki Bangalore office and checked the papers, can't say I figured out much. I hate to say this in a public forum but the Kawasaki Bangalore reeks of incompetency and apathy. No-one bothered to give proper details to the insurance guys. They procrastinated the RTO papers submission and have been sitting on them. The registration problem is with the new Ninja 650, Z650 and the Z900.

There is a silver lining in all this mess though, the bike is funntaastic!!!
Yes agree the Bike is absolutely Fantastic and so smooth. If only we could say the same about the Dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post

Sir Right now if they agree to refund the Difference amount that itself would be a huge relief
But seriously i cannot understand why doesnt Kawasaki clarify their stand on this. They would have hardly sold 20-30 Bikes at the most before the Price Cut and this being a new Model they can definitely help the early customers by passing on the Price Cut. Imagine the Goodwill it will bring to the Brand. But obviously it doesnt seem like a priority for them at the moment. Sad
rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 08:00   #175
BHPian

Quote:
I too feel the same in hindsight sir but now very late since it is my money that is stuck. But what irritates more is the absolute Dont care atittude and arrogance. Despite all the mess they have put the customers in and played with thier hard earned money, these people even now lack basic courtesy to even pick customer calls
Sorry to hear. These dealers don't treat customers as God but they treat us like dogs. Did you try contacting any higher officials at Bangalore dealership? Don't talk to folks sitting in showroom, they have almost no control over anything.
Old 24th July 2017, 17:34   #176
Team-BHP Support

Zigwheels compares the Z900 to the STripple S and rates it the winner.

https://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-ad...8426/?is_amp=1

Quote:
So which one is the winner? Well, it has to be the Kawasaki Z900 as it gives you that big bike experience both in terms of performance and design and makes for a great everyday motorcycle. And at Rs 7.68 lakh (ex-showroom without accessories), it offers great value in comparison to the Street Triple S, which is priced at Rs 8.5 lakh (ex-showroom). The Street is still a brilliant motorcycle and the default choice for sport riders, but if that is your calling and you are looking for the Street Triple magic of old, hold your horses till the arrival of the R or RS variants.
Powerdrift had a similar comparison and had awarded the title to the Triumph. It sure is tight competition between the two, this time around.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th July 2017 at 17:35.
Old 8th August 2017, 15:40   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Test rides of the Z900, Z650 and N300 have started at the Kawasaki showroom in Bangalore. I called up in the morning and arranged for a test ride slot in the afternoon. The N1000 test ride bike will come by December!
Old 26th August 2017, 17:39   #178
BHPian

Quote:
I am totally shocked with the price cut and right now feel like an MTV Bakra. So eagerly booking and buying a newly launched model is not the right thing to do
Any updates buddy? Hope the issue must be solved by now?

Last edited by manson : 26th August 2017 at 18:25. Reason: Trimmed quote.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 12:54   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Any updates buddy? Hope the issue must be solved by now?
Nothing has been resolved till now sir. I got in touch with a lawyer and sent them a legal notice. After that they somehow got the bike registered last week. So now atleast I have a registration number. However all the Other issues like the correct insurance policy, accessories and refund portion have not yet been addressed though they have promised to fit the accessories and complete the 1st time service this week. Most casual and careless people I have seen in my life. Completely frustrating
They have completely stolen the joy of buying a new bike
Old 28th August 2017, 13:41   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have completely stolen the joy of buying a new bike
Though in your case both Kawasaki and the dealer are at fault, I suggest you put it behind you and enjoy the bike. You have got some high quality accessories so it is best to make peace with it. I see some quotes from other manufacturers like BMW and Ducati and they are extremely expensive. A friend got the BMW 1200 GS Pro version today at a landing cost above 24 lacs and not a single paisa discount. Had to get it shipped from Pune as the Delhi dealer will open shop in September. In a nutshell, you have got a extremely capable bike for the money.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks