Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 16:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Triumph Thruxton R launched at Rs 10.9 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
I don't understand the point of a cafe racer. What exactly is it? Get a true blue racer or a cruiser. Why take a middle path? It's an expensive and niche product which will only be a heart purchase.

And that front headlight fairing is plain hideous. Remove that and it looks quite good. Royal Enfield have taken quite an inspiration from this.
As if most people buying true blue racer actually intend to race on roads.

Cafe racer is all fascination and aspiration buy. Something like a Classic car.
Only people who love classic cars will understand the charm.
For the rest of population - they will always be bewildered - "why on earth would someone buy an old junk for such a price, when you have a better modern car which can do x, y and z at lower rates"
Old 6th June 2016, 16:47   #17
BHPian

^ Cant agree with you more on this.
There a set of bikes that just tugs the hearts strings. Some which are pure indulgences.

Be it Hardcore performance machines like the MV Agusta which are Brutal in their power delivery, the agrarian build qualities of HDs or the very uncomfortable riding position of these Cafe Racers.

You know it may know that they are not the most practical and not the cheapest to maintain. Every biker secretly wishes to own these.

Lying in my bed at home, my flights of fantasy have taken me riding across the British countryside in these cafe racers, riding within the Italian towns in an Aprillia SR-50 Ditech and many many more.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:17   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I rode the previous model Thruxton extensively. Many times on rides with me in the saddle for 100+ kms

Agree that it's simply an uncomfortable bike to ride with that position and handlebar. Wrists start paining really fast and those foot-pegs positioned rear back is quite taxing too but, people buy it just for novel idea. People now have money power. They will just buy it to show off in their garage. Many people like that out there. Isn't it?

It's meant just for short spirited runs (even the power delivery of the older Thrux wasn't that great compared to the Bonnie despite it having a 270 degree crank and slightly higher power/cubic capacity)

But, I have to give it that it's the most gorgeous looking machine in Triumph stable

Hey wait : I would be hard-pressed to pick between (Scrambler & Thrux). Outstanding detailing and they are beautiful to look at in T stable ( Like the Harley's which is worshipped purely for it's chrome)
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
As if most people buying true blue racer actually intend to race on roads.

Cafe racer is all fascination and aspiration buy. Something like a Classic car.
Only people who love classic cars will understand the charm.
As I said, a heart purchase.
And to be honest, only a minority of people buy it for the poser value. The majority of people buy it for the acceleration (0-100 in first gear), the mind blowing handling etc and they do take it to track to test the limits and improve their skills.

From what i can see, apart from heart purchase, it's all poser value. Spend a few lakhs more and you'll grin from ear to ear. That's what a purposeful machine does to you.

Old 7th June 2016, 02:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

What a beautiful beautiful looking machine. Now with the 'go' accompanying the 'show'.
Old 26th June 2018, 20:46   #21
BHPian

I just walked into the Triumph showroom because I had time to kill, it was nearby, and because I'm a full blown moron. This was supposed to be an innocent visit, kind of a greeting to the brand, and its bikes.
Turns out, I'm in love. This thing belies the photographs to an extent that you have to, have to see this in person. Oh. My. God. What a bike. It's good that they weren't offering test rides, or I would've probably left with one

I can't believe something this beautiful exists in the real world, and I haven't known about it. Well done Triumph. Well done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks